16

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Please accept my gratitude… [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

"Are you alright, Eunjoo?"
 

 

 

Was she really?
 

 

 

Eunjoo turned when she felt Jimin poking her to gain her attention. She puckered her lips in , wetting them as they have gone dry what with her breathing through .
 

 

 

She shook her head, finding no reason to hide the noticeable fact.
 

 

 

"Aw, does it hurt a lot?" Eunjoo turned to Taehyung's side, before pouting and nodding her head.
 

 

 

She felt a hand softly pat her head. she didn't have to turn to know it was Jimin. "Are you hungry?"
 

 

 

Eunjoo sighed, softly slouching and thumping her forehead on her desk. Bad idea as it shook her head and even caused pain to her teeth. "But, Baekhyun bought me oatmeal for breakfaTSt."
 

 

 

"Aww, her lisp is adorable."
 

 

 

"Agree." Eunjoo groaned, but the hand combing through her hair calmed her down.
 

 

 

She just hated adjustments. She hated her crooked teeth. She just wants her braces removed asap. But she has a long way to go.
 

 

 

+++
 

 

 

Eunjoo was pulled over to BTS's table when lunch break came, courtesy of Taehyung and Jimin. Since Baekhyun was practicing with EXO for the rest of lunch, she really didn't have anything else to do but comply with the two boys.
 

 

 

A tray was already provided for her beside Jungkook. Unlike the others', her meal was a measly mushroom soup and two slices of garlic bread.
 

 

 

"Hey Eunjoo!" Seokjin greeted, and the others on the table followed with Jungkook being the last to say 'hi'.
 

 

 

"Hello." Eunjoo bowed as she primly took a seat. She reached over for the bread and started cutting it to small piece before submerging it on the soup. It didn't look appetizing, but she had to work with this one if she wanted to satisfy her hunger.
 

 

 

"Does it hurt that much?" Sejin leaned forward, her eyes wide with intrigue.


 

 

Eunjoo nodded, trying to keep her words at a minimum.
 

 

 

"What color is it this time?" Hoseok asked, munching happily (much to Eunjoo's envy) on a three-layered sandwich.
 

 

 

Eunjoo poked her tongue on the inside of her cheek before carefully grimacing, showing her teeth to the boys.
 

 

 

"Ah! Red! The blood of angry meeeen~" Hoseok sang dramatically before he laughed at his own impersonation. Jungkook particularly froze beside her, but it was too quick that Eunjoo did not even notice it.


 

 

Taehyung and Jimin 'ooh'-ed. "How do dentists know where to put those rubber band thingies? It's so cool!"


 

 

"Again, you've proved you've got tons of jams, my friend." Namjoon said in a deep voice towards Eunjoo.
 

 

 

"ThankTS," she bowed flustered all of a sudden. "Oh! How waTS the movie, by the way? I'm TSorry I couldn't come."
 

 

 

"What? It didn't push through." Eunjoo looked with confusion at Yoongi. She tried not to stare longingly at his cup of artificial kimchi ramen, because kimchi is her favorite but her situation prevented her from having a taste of it.


 

 

Seokjin gulped loudly, gaining Eunjoo's attention. She tried blindly reaching for the other bread to rip into piece but it seemed to have disappeared. "Jungkook said he had somewhere to go, so he canceled the movie night. Did he not tell you?"


 

 

Eunjoo spun her head to her side where Jungkook sat. She had just caught him throwing the last ripped piece of a familiar bread into her soup before he kept his attention to his rice meal, not even sparing her a glance.


 

 

She knew Jungkook didn't go anywhere. He was with her the whole day, slowly finishing their big cup of Oreo milk tea. Somehow the idea flustered her, but she tried not to make too much of it. For all she knows, Jungkook might have done this a couple of times before when he dated girls with braces like hers. She also reassures herself that Jungkook normally stares at his previous girlfriend’s braces like he did with her yesterday. No, he cannot definitely be staring at her lips. There is a huge difference between staring at her teeth with at her lips.
 

 

 

"Hey! How about we do it this weekend instead? That way, Eunjoo can join us!" She didn't seem to have heard Taehyung's loud suggestion. But why was it that she clearly heard Jungkook mumbling to her a simple order? "Eat."


 

 

Eunjoo looked down at her tray, picking up a spoon only to find that the crunchy garlic bread had turned mushy and soft being submerged long enough in the liquid.


 

 

"Please choose something with subtitles, Jungkook. I'm not as good with the language as you." Jimin whined.


 

 

Eunjoo tried to hide her grin as she took a spoonful of her soup, careful not to let the metal surface collide with her sensitive teeth.


 

 

+++


 

 

ping!

gingerkookies to injoory:
​-let's get some milk t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter