15

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Oreos and pearls...[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]

"Whoa."

 

Being best friends with Byun Baekhyun for a long time, Eunjoo was used to her best friend honestly looking so adorable and damn attractive all the time.

 

She was also used to being pulled without explanation only to be pushed down a chair and forced to watch EXO perform a gig on an entertainment bar.

 

Recently, EXO was busy with new songs (so was BTS) but Eunjoo didn't really pay them too much visits and her EXO friends understood that she has a boyfriend and that she is very supportive.

 

Eunjoo did get a glimpse or two of the new songs they made and the new dance moves they choreographed. She cheered on all of them, especially her best friend even though he was already as good enough as Jongin and Yixing at dancing, whenever she did pay a visit at their practice room.

 

She got the surprise of the lifetime when she saw their concept costume for the first time. Kyungsoo's style didn't change much, but the difference was there. Junmyeon the grandpa had platinum silver hair making him look less old. Chanyeol's hair was a messy mop of blazing red, and his make-up involved fake wounds. All of EXO had fake wounds in their faces, necks, and hands.

 

But Baekhyun was a different case.

 

"How'd you get that there? Did it hurt?" Eunjoo asked, her face closely examining the metal poking and dangling from Baekhyun's lips. His double ear piercing was quite understandable but she never pegged her best friend to ever try lip piercings.

 

He didn't mean to, but Baekhyun retracted when Eunjoo's fingers brushed his bottom lip. Luckily, she did not notice the way he flinched. "It's fake. I wouldn't even dare pierce my lips! What do you take me for, Joo?"

 

Eunjoo sighed moving away to take black eyebrow pencil. "Well, you did ask me to do your make-up for you."

 

Baekhyun beamed, his eyes cautiously watching as Eunjoo approached closer. Closer. Closer. "I was just surprised with how much this changed you." she said, her fingers pulling at Baekhyun's forehead.

 

'I was surprised with how much Jungkook changed you,' Baekhyun thought, one of his eyes closed as Eunjoo worked on that and the other looking up to observe his best friend.

 

Her habit of her lips, with her braces and all, never changed. Her hair was still as straight and thick and black as when he still constantly hung out with her. Her cheeks remained as lively and as firm as it was even though she enjoyed eating tons of food.

 

Baekhyun closed the other eye and opened the one Eunjoo finished working at.

 

Did Jungkook know that Eunjoo likes to fiddle around her food before actually eating? Did he know that she prefers melted ice cream instead of cold formed ones? Did he know she hates opening up oranges, but eats them only when somebody has opened it up for her? Did he know she keeps candy wrappers after eating the content so he has to take the wrappers before she could hide them in her pockets, soon to be forgotten? Did he know she loves any flavor of yogurt milk drinks? Did he know the first thing she'd like to eat after getting her braces adjusted is her favorite bubble tea? Did Jungkook even know when Eunjoo would have her braces adjusted?

 

"That's so sick, Eunjoo!" Baekhyun heard Jongin comment from afar. He also heard the rest of EXO snickering and probably teasing him behind his back. 'Of course, it's sick, Eunjoo makes everything perfect.', he thought.

 

"Thanks," Eunjoo murmured absentmindedly. Her head was tilted and her tongue stuck from the corner of her open mouth. With one last flick, she capped the pencil, closed , then smiled, "Done."

 

She raised a mirror in front of Baekhyun's face, but he took a moment to stare at Eunjoo before at himself. "Whoa."

 

As usual, he had dark eyeliner around the lids of his eyes. He wore a silver contact lens. But his eyebrows were a different story, "I must say, my eyebrows are on a different kind of on-fleek."

 

Eunjoo giggled and Baekhyun joined. "I had to make you stand out and seem intimidating. Besides, it's unique and so unexpected, this'll blow your fans out of their seats. I like it on you, even the fake lip piercing."

 

Eunjoo bent down, surprising Baekhyun and some EXO member on-lookers. Her hand reached behind for a black tinted lipstick and a fine-tip brush. The boy was perplexed for a while until her finger poked his upper lip.

 

"Wait, what are you doing?" Baekhyun pulled away, his eyebrow raised up. Apparently, his new brow style cracked Eunjoo up.

 

"I found Chanyeol's lip make-up fascinating. Why not bring your lips out more?" Eunjoo bent down again and attempted to write some words on her best friend's lips, but the latter still pulled away.

 

"No, that wouldn't be unique anymore, Joo. However, I don't mind you making my lips look darker." Baekhyun nonchalantly suggested.

 

Eunjoo quirked her lips to one corner. She put down the brush and the lipstick, "No, you'll look like some chain smoker. I guess you're right."

 

"What? Men smoking is very attractive according to survey." Baekhyun reasoned, standing up as he knew he was done. A stage coordinator entered their dressing room, reminding them that they're up next.

 

Eunjoo fixed his attire, brushing some creased part here and there. The EXO members flew out of the room, but Baekhyun caught a few teasing glances from them. Although not really provocative, Eunjoo was so close to him that it may as well have been.

 

"Don't you dare start smoking, Baek. You know how much I value your health." She looked up, nonchalantly stepping back with her hands behind her and a shining grin tugging the corners of . "Go get 'em, tiger. I know my best friend will do more than just well."

 

Baekhyun smiled, reaching out to ruffle her hair. "Thanks, Joo. You're the best."

 

+++

 

"Oh my gosh! This is delicious!" Jimin exclaimed, his eyes wide and his cheeks puffed out to show his mouth was full. Taehyung hummed, mirroring Jimin's expression as they stared at each other.

 

Yoongi reached over to take a scoop from Jimin's platter. As calmly as ever, he shrugged. "It's dope, swag man."

 

"Jamless Jimin has jams again," Namjoon moaned when he swallowed what he had on his spoon.

 

"That's not very nice table manners, Joon. Sit up." Seokjin scolded but his mouth was full as he spoke.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter