1

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]A wild rabbit appears... [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Eunjoo ran her tongue all over the smooth edges of metal on her front teeth, hissing immediately after the contact. She would've huffed in annoyance if it weren't for the fact that having puffed cheeks even hurt her teeth.

 

Who could blame her? It was adjustment day, and the pain was unavoidable. Eunjoo should have been used to that pain, but every time she got her braces adjusted, the pain would always be there.

 

ping!

bbaekon to injoory:
- dad told me you've just finished. i'll be there even before you finish saying 'supercalifragelisticexpialidocious' wait for me joo~

 

Eunjoo sighed, but even the subtle air exhaled through hurt a lot. Testing her best friend's challenge, she opened , "TSupercalifragiliTS-"

 

Though her temporary lisp - because braces adjustment hurt that much - hindered her speech, Eunjoo didn't really get to finish the word because she found herself face to face with the familiar cup of bubble tea.

 

The coolness that radiated off the cup comforted her as she looked up to see a boy grinning at her. "I guessed you were hungry. Knowing you, you had nothing to eat at home."

 

The boy plopped down beside Eunjoo on the sofa by the waiting area of Byun Dentistry. He brought his feet up, crossing them over the other and then snuggling his face in the crevices of Eunjoo's neck. Any girl having an attractive guy burying his nose on her neck would have shivered, but the gesture was too natural for Eunjoo.

 

Having been the son of Dr. Byun of Byun Dentistry, Baekhyun had the priviledge to have met Eunjoo at such an early age. He was almost thankful that his father requested Eunjoo, at such an early toddler age, to start having braces because of unfortunately being born with crooked teeth. Having seen Eunjoo crying on her first adjustment, Baekhyun didn't hesitate to approach her. And from that moment on, their relationship developed into a very strong friendship.

 

To some people, Baekhyun and Eunjoo's intimacy would have stirred suspicions about their dating lives like how their fellow schoolmates gossiped about them. But really, dating wasn't their case.

 

Even Dr. Byun thought something was going on between his son and his son's bestfriend as he caught Baekhyun carrying a sleeping Eunjoo in his arms, bridal style, after their customary movie night. Dr. Byun once teased Baekhyun saying: "Why have you been keeping your girlfriend from me, Baek?", to which the younger Byun replied - or rather, didn't reply - with a shake of his head.

 

Controversy was common among senior high school institutions, and supporters-and-haters were unavoidable, especially when Byun Baekhyun is part of a kingka group.

 

Just like any other normal high school institution, the presence of queenkas and kingkas were inescapable. Eunjoo could count roughly ten groups, all famous for either gang activities or performances or both. Of course, Eunjoo would only allow Baekhyun to join the middle type.

 

Although the groups were countable, the individual members weren't as they were scattered all over the year levels. So, really, fans praying to be in class with their idols were a custom.

 

Eunjoo didn't even dare join any groups like her best friend did. She'd have gotten invitation from queenkas to join them, but she'd turn them down almost immediately. Living a normal high school girl life - despite the long term braces, that is - was better than having to worry about crazy fans every morning, exactly like that her best friend is tired of.

 

"I swear, they multiply everyday!" Baekhyun sighed, having evaded his crazy fans. "Is this God's punishment to me for being so damn gorgeous?"

 

Eunjoo would have sympathized Baekhyun, but he was ego-centric like that. As always she'd roll her eyes, not bothering to speak or retort because speaking hurts like that the first day after adjustments. She didn't even get to eat the measly oniguri her mother left for her on the kitchen counter, but Baekhyun's cereal drink replacement was enough to suffice her hunger.

 

As soon as Eunjoo and Baekhyun entered the premises of their school, the latter had reached down to pat the top of the former's head. "It's gonna be alright, Joo."

 

Eunjoo pouted, "But, I'm TStill hungry..."

 

She felt strong arms pull her closer to a familiar warmth. "How about I feed you with my brotherly love? I'd prefer if you don't become one of my crazed fan girls asking me to ask them for marriage, but it's only a matter of time that you begin falling for me, Joo."

 

Eunjoo had enough, and so she pushed Baekhyun's arm away, rolling her eyes with a smile on her face. Honestly, how could her best friend act at such a serious situation like this? And yes, Eunjoo being hungry is a very serious situation. "Goodbye, Baek. See you later."

 

She could hear Baekhyun cackling from afar as he approached the rest of EXO and as Eunjoo walked away to her room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter