19

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Should have said something…[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

"What iTS happening? Baekhyun!"

 

 

Eunjoo never imagined herself trying to pull away from her best friend's grasp, but... "Baekhyun, you're hurting me... PleaTSe let go..."



 

She heard him let out a large exhale before slowing down and softening, but not really letting her go.



 

He still tugged her to a certain direction while they walked in silence. This time around, Eunjoo complied.



 

While she stared at Baekhyun's back, she took notice of how his phone kept pinging every minute but the owner did not even bother reading the messages he received. There were also times that it rang, suggesting that he was getting a call from someone.

 

 

He then stopped by the steps of his house, sitting down on the stairs leading to the main door and bring Eunjoo to sit beside him. Then, he let go.



 

"I'm sorry about that." Baekhyun sighed. Eunjoo could see the faint imprint of the clip-on piercing on his bottom lip and she couldn't help but wonder if he's been using it recently for their comeback performances.



 

"I know I should be accepting, but..."

 

 

Baekhyun turned to look Eunjoo straight in the eyes. He paused for a long time, keeping to mind how much this person beside him meant a lot. "Dad and hyung are gonna kill me if they get word that you start kissing your boyfriend. We did swear once that the three of us will protect you always! And that includes keeping you as the girl who has never been kissed."

 

 

Eunjoo watched in shock and amusement as Baekhyun panicked while racking and his hair.



 

It was then that she remembered the first (technically, it was the second) kiss she had shared with Jeon Jungkook:



 

As soon as Jungkook leaned in again, Eunjoo felt this was going to be different. She honestly wanted to pull away as soon as his lips came in contact with hers, but when he moved them ever so slowly she was rendered frozen.


 

Her eyes slowly began to mirror that of the Jeon boy's: closed.


 

Jungkook's hand that was previously atop her head glided until he had cupped her cheeks, surprising Eunjoo as he pulled her closer.


 

His movement was smooth but slow enough for a beginner like Eunjoo to grasp.


 

She wasn't an innocent, knowing which kisses led to what as she admits she reads rated stories. Eunjoo sighed in relief when she had described Jungkook's kiss as innocent, especially when no tongue was involved and that he was going at a snail's pace.


 

Her hands, however, did not know where to situate themselves. She contemplated if she should reach out and touch the back of both his hands or if she should put it along his chest or if she should circle her arms around his neck.


 

Eunjoo was slowly leaning into the last option, but - to her luck - Jungkook began pulling away. And, although he had not made the kiss that of a running-out-of-oxygen kind, Eunjoo had suddenly felt breathless.
 

 

"This is what girlfriends and boyfriends do. I hope you don't mind." Jungkook kept his eyes closed, his nose very gently rubbing along hers.
 

 

Ever so slowly, she opened her eyes. She met with Jungkook's orbs, meaning to reply to his statement, but Jungkook had already pulled away and sat up straight his bed. "Can we please do a rematch now?" Needless to say, that distracted Eunjoo's thoughts of the kiss and she won again at the rematch.

 

 

"Hey, Eunjoo?"



 

Eunjoo tilted her head up to see Baekhyun standing beside her and an arm extended for her. She noticed the light from his pocket was from his phone and it seemed like someone was trying to call him again.



 

"Wanna come inside? Hyung said he made you a creamy soup because when we were eating white sauce pasta for lunch we immediately remembered how you love them but you can't eat them because your teeth still hurt." Baekhyun said as he was hauling Eunjoo to stand up.



 

Eunjoo nodded enthusiastically. "I'm sorry I haven't been treating you to food as according to our long-term arrangement. I'm sorry for pulling you away from Jungkook.", Baekhyun apologized, rubbing his neck for emphasis.



 

The girl simply smiled and shook her head in response. And, without further waiting for an invitation or another word from her best friend, Eunjoo marched up to the door and entered it. Baekhyun, as he entered, heard his brother gleefully greet Eunjoo before proudly advertising his masterpiece.



 

Baekhyun meekly smiled, missing her presence in his house; her presence beside him. He felt his phone vibrating against his pocket. And as expected, when he pulled it out, it was a call. This time, he accepted it. "Hello?"

 

 

+++

 

 

Eunjoo glanced at the black screen of her phone, discreetly peeking at it every once in a while, if she'd received a message. From anyone. From Jungkook.

 

 

But really, she was fine with anyone since she wasn't really glad how Baekhyun is totally immersed on his phone.



 

She expected that Jungkook would at least send her a message asking if she was alright what with their abrupt parting, but then again they were just dating for the heck of it.

 

 

When his phone kept signaling a text message every now and then before, now it started to ring with a ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter