2

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Biscuit returned...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

The next day came, and Eunjoo already forgot her encounter with the Jeon boy yesterday.

 

Although, last night, she did find the boy's response as weird:

 

Eunjoo remained stoic, the gears in her mind trying to process what it meant, Just... Because...?

 

Her hand, much to Jungkook's dismay, still held onto the snack, obviously not getting the hint from his glances.

 

The boy sighed and straightened up, shoving his hands deeper into his trouser pockets. "I'm hungry. Can I have that?"

 

Eunjoo's eyes widened in realization and then mindlessly gave the snack in her hand to the boy.

 

Their weird interaction ended with the boy taking the packed biscuit and using his teeth to hold onto the wrapper before shoving his hand back into his pocket. He nodded once and stalked away from her table.

 

It was only when Baekhyun returned with two packed servings of the cafeteria's mashed potatoes did Eunjoo suddenly realize: Jeon Jungkook could have just bought something over the counter. Good bye heavenly snack.

 

The girl took the last gulp of the cereal drink Baekhyun brought for her that morning. She had a skip to her steps as she prepared a couple of candies in her skirt pocket just in case she gets hungry in the middle of a boring class.

 

"Can I have the Cookies and Cream Pepero?" Baekhyun's face appeared in front of Eunjoo's, his bottom lips puckered out to a pout.

 

Eunjoo wasn't one to fix her bag from the other day. Besides, her subject from yesterday was the same as today, so there's really no reason to open her bag, therefore leaving the snacks she received still in her backpack.

 

"No Baek, you know I love CookieTS and Cream Pepero TStickTS." Eunjoo rolled her eyes and walked around Baekhyun to continue walking towards their school.

 

"But, I love them as much! Besides, I know you obviously can't bite anything yet." Baekhyun taunted, walking beside her and then winding his arm around her shoulders with his hand resting on the dip between her neck and her shoulder.

 

Eunjoo didn't dare reply nor did she acknowledge Baekhyun's attempts to gain her attention. She heard him sigh, his fingers now twirling the end strands of her hair. "Come on, I'm still hungry. Honestly, how did my brother even became a chef? I promise I'll give you a brand new Pepero pack next week..."

 

Baekhyun's aegyo almost worked on her, if it weren't for her remembering a similar situation from before, "LaTSt time I remembered, Byun Baek, i had to wait a year before you replaTSed my gingerbread cookieTS. I wouldn't want to wait a year or two before you repay my Pepero box."

 

The boy remained pouting as he tried to tame Eunjoo's glare, only to no avail.

 

Like usual, the morning went from Baekhyun's fan girls chasing him. Baekhyun cockily complaining how handsome he was to gain such popularity. And then Eunjoo running off to class.

 

"I'll pick you up after classes! Wait for me!" She heard Baekhyun shout from behind her. Eunjoo didn't bother turning around. However she did hear Chanyeol's obnoxious voice tease the Byun boy and some other gossips from the 'BaekJoo' shippers and haters.

 

Sitting down on her seat just in time before the first period instructor literally burst through the door a few seconds after her entry, Eunjoo felt her stomach growl again. She started to blush, especially when she caught the concerned gazes of her male classmates, but then she remembered her stash of candies and chocolates in her pocket.

 

Eunjoo unwrapped one and plopped it onto . Her lips curved up in an adorable smile, proud at her idea.

 

Until,

 

"Miss Eunjoo, i believe eating is prohibited in class? A top achiever like you should know that, of all people."

 

+++

 

Eunjoo found herself eating alone that lunch. Apparently, all EXO members were required to practice for this new song Chanyeol and Yixing composed. For once, she found the pleasure in not having her chatty best friend as company, because the silence was a nice change.

 

Although, she did occasionally encountered tons of her fanboys offering her company to which she p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter