32

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Feelings over letters...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

"Shouldn't you be exerting more effort now that tomorrow's the last day?"

 

Eunjoo didn't expect that an invite from Jungkook to buy some cookies and milk teas as snack for when they study would turn into a gaming session in his room. But they did go through eating those cookies as a snack.

 

"No. Come on. This is inspiration." Jungkook swerved, bumping his shoulder with Eunjoo's in the process of moving his avatar. "This is the reason why I have such high grades."

 

"But, this will be the reason why I won't have high grades." Eunjoo's fingers traced the edges of the controller carefully as her eyes watched the TV screen.

 

Jungkook groaned. His avatar won. But that is because Eunjoo isn't even making an effort to fight with him.

 

"I'm supposed to be tutoring you for our Calculus Elective subject, Jungkook." Eunjoo scolded, pushing the controller away now that Jungkook had gained his victory.

 

If this were any other day, Eunjoo wouldn't have let Jungkook win without a fight. But, as she had said, tomorrow was the last day and Jungkook had personally begged her to help him with studying for Calculus.

 

"Alright fine." Jungkook grumbled with his mouth full of two cookies as he pushed the controllers further away and scooting closer Eunjoo with his body sprawled on his bed on his stomach.

 

Eunjoo readjusted her sitting and brought out his and her notes. "Honestly, Taehyung is better at this than I am. He's your hyung. Why not ask him instead?"

 

"Can you explain how I get the derivative of this?"

 

Eunjoo explained then eventually let Jungkook answer some problems on his own. As he does that, she goes about reviewing on her own - repeatedly rewriting the formulas she had memorized on different index cards and some scratch papers.

 

The game was left paused, providing them with a weird musical background. But the pit-pattering of the rain on the roof and his closed window eventually over-ruled the catchy tune. Eunjoo prayed silently that the rain will not pour harder because sleeping over her ex-boyfriend's house didn't sound nice even though their parents would fully support the idea.

 

"Is this right?"

 

Eunjoo took time to check Jungkook's answer. As she scribbled her own solution at a random piece of unimportant paper, she wonders again why Jungkook hadn't chosen his other hyungs who were much better at this than she was.

 

But Jungkook was enjoying this arrangement very much. To say the least, he had planned this all along and that he was a natural trickster.

 

This time, Eunjoo's hair was braided again. He wondered how this infamous hair-braider had the time to style Eunjoo's hair what with the hectic final exams, but he shouldn't really be complaining when Eunjoo's ladder-braided hair with faux curls looked so great on her.

 

Her side bangs were included in the hairstyle, though a few strands stranded away from the braid giving off that natural look.

 

Her tongue, as always, had darted out to execute her habit of her lips and brackets. Getting another sight of the red bands, made Jungkook wonder when her next adjustment would be.

 

Her eyes had looked up from the paper towards him, making him realize he had been staring at her again. He just wished his face was as stoic as it was before.

 

"Your procedure here is different from mine, but, surprisingly you got the correct answer. I think." Eunjoo uncertainly answers as she copied another problem onto a blank paper. "You're doing great, Jungkook! Try doing this now."

 

Jungkook took the paper and starts answering but not before he stole one brief glance of Eunjoo happily sipping from her Oreo Milk Tea cup.

 

He was going to determinedly make sure he was a chapter ahead of him.

 

+++

 

As if the heavens were answering her prayers, Eunjoo noticed the rain had stopped. But, looking o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter