You Wouldn’t. Right?

In the Name of Love

Kyuhyun was staring out the window in his chamber. He looked up and traced the zodiac patterns. He counted the number of stars dangling from the cloak the night sky was wearing; even though he knew perfectly well that’s an impossible task.

 

He’s not trying to kill time. He’s trying to distract himself.

 

His inside was like a mess of threads badly bundled and knotted and glued together. Kyuhyun took deep breaths one after another. He drew upon all his will power to get the suffocating feeling out of him.

 

He couldn’t. It’s simply not possible.

 

How could you have trusted that person Your Majesty? Now Jiro has come back…

 

Jiro… once termed the world’s best alchemist…

 

Jiro… loyal follower of that person…

 

Kyuhyun’s better than Jiro right? That’s what His Majesty said. His Majesty couldn’t be wrong… But… His Majesty chose to trust that person…

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes. His heart was as heavy as a stone…

 

……

 

When Kyuhyun first joined the team of royal assassins as a trainee, he was welcomed by Jiro’s disdainful stares.

 

“This gotta be the most ridiculous joke! How could a slave join us here?” Frowning Jiro, the brightest assassin-to-be at that time, looked at Kyuhyun with eyes filled with resentment; and whispered (loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear) to a trainee next to him.

 

“Ssshhhh! Prince Eunhyuk His Majesty picked him and sent him here!” The one next to Jiro said.

 

“That…” Jiro was smart enough to bite his tongue and swallow whatever insulting words coming out. It’s nevertheless prince Eunhyuk His Majesty.

 

Instead Jiro, pursing his lips, said. “Prince Eunhyuk His Majesty… can be humorous sometimes. Let’s go!” Sneering Jiro and his group of followers left.

 

Maybe Kyuhyun should thank Jiro. Those humiliating words and those hostile stares merely forged Kyuhyun’s determination. He had to be the best. He had to beat that Jiro. He had to prove them wrong. He had to give his all for Eunhyuk His Majesty. He had to prove that Eunhyuk His Majesty was right.

 

Jiro was one year Kyuhyun’s senior. Both scored the best among their batches. Nevertheless Jiro was considered better because… Kyuhyun was wearing a crown on which the term “slave” was engraved.

 

There’s not really a chance when they could compete head to head… until…

 

Kyuhyun took the test before he could be admitted as a royal assassin.

 

That day all royal family members were there, prince Eunhyuk His Majesty included. Kyuhyun wondered if Eunhyuk still remembered him. Ever since the training commenced Eunhyuk had never paid him a visit.

 

Kyuhyun climbed onto the battle stage and tentatively looked up at Eunhyuk. All royal family members were dressed in black. However Eunhyuk still shined like a jewel. As their eyes met Kyuhyun’s heart started pounding hard. If Eunhyuk had forgot Kyuhyun already, what’s the meaning behind all those sufferings, humiliations, sneers, hardships, unfair treatments, blood and sweat accompanying Kyuhyun for the past 5 years? What’s the point for him to continue fighting? To continue proving? To continue… living? He should have been dead back then right?

 

Eunhyuk’s face revealed nothing. It just remained breath taking and soul capturing. What was Kyuhyun expecting actually? Eunhyuk His Majesty wouldn’t come down to hug him or pat his shoulder…

 

But then all of a sudden Kyuhyun heard…

 

“I see no heart in you; which would make you the best assassin. Do not let me down.”

 

Magic delivered Eunhyuk’s voice into Kyuhyun’s ears, who’s the only recipient. Kyuhyun gasped. For the first time after a long time, long enough for Kyuhyun to forget, Kyuhyun was close to tears. Kyuhyun tasted joy and thankfulness and his cheeks couldn’t help pulling the corners of his mouth up into a smile.

 

Kyuhyun tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword.

 

“I will test him.” Jiro’s voice pierced through the air, stirring up murmurings and whispers in the hall.

 

Kyuhyun shifted his eyes to look at Jiro, who was among the high ranked assassins, staring down at him. Kyuhyun tilted his head and returned Jiro’s provocative smirk with a defiant glare.

 

Jiro exchanged a glance with that person, before commencing his strides towards the battle stage in the middle of the hall.

 

When the 2 of them were facing each other on the battle stage, murmurings in the hall gradually subsided.

 

If an assassin possessed alchemistic power, he / she didn’t really need a weapon. He / she would just get one out of mid-air whenever necessary. Kyuhyun did carry a sword though. Jiro, on the other hand, carried the transportation stone, his proud invention, with him.

 

……

 

Jiro clasped his hand over the transportation stone at his waist. Before Kyuhyun could breathe Jiro was right in front of him holding a sword. As quickly as possible Kyuhyun leapt backward. His neck felt the chilling cold radiating from the sharp blade which was inches from ripping open his throat.

 

Right when Kyuhyun’s feet touched the floor Jiro again was right in front of him (credit to the transportation stone). Air particles changed color as a dagger materialized in Kyuhyun’s hand. With that Kyuhyun blocked Jiro’s sword. When the dagger and the sword met, sparks flashed as Kyuhyun’s dagger grew and wound around Jiro’s sword like a serpent.

 

When the serpent was about to bite into Jiro’s wrist he withdrew his hand, losing the sword to Kyuhyun. The next second what’s in Kyuhyun’s hand had become a long sword. Kyuhyun wasted no time to it forward. Like an arrow Jiro jumped back a few steps. As Kyuhyun lunged forward he shocked everyone further. Instead of a sword he’s holding a golden spear now. Caught by surprise, Jiro’s eyes widened.

 

The crowd gasped as it looked like the spear would poke through Jiro’s body. It’s not so easy though. Once again the transportation stone demonstrated its power. Jiro flickered to stand behind Kyuhyun.

 

And that had become Jiro’s strategy. From time to time he just suddenly switched to attack Kyuhyun from behind, leaving Kyuhyun no choice but to turn around, dodge or to defend himself.

 

That’s really annoying. Kyuhyun turned around to make another stab, just to find Jiro behind him again. Cursing this time Kyuhyun didn’t just turn around, he got himself a shield, blocked Jiro’s attack and right at the split second the shield turned into smoke Kyuhyun’s clawed hand clamped Jiro’s wrist.

 

Reflexively Jiro touched his transportation stone and activated the mechanism. However this time, Kyuhyun remained in front of him. Kyuhyun’s hand remained clamping his wrist. It only became tighter.

 

Kyuhyun smirked. As he expected, if they were touching Jiro’s proud invention would transport them together.

 

Jiro was furious. “Get away from me you loathsome slave!” He tried every means to get himself freed from Kyuhyun’s grip. With his other hand Jiro made stabs one after another. He’s stabbing so fast his movements were blended into a blur of motions.

 

Though those couldn’t harm Kyuhyun, he nevertheless couldn’t counter attack; if he didn’t want to let go of Jiro’s wrist.

 

And he had to not after very long. All of a sudden woven in the blur of movements numerous sparks blinked, accompanied by a heart paralyzing buzz. Countless tiny needles were shot from Jiro’s hand held by Kyuhyun.

 

The next moment Kyuhyun was trapped. He had the countless lethal needles surrounding him in front, and Jiro wearing a derisive smile behind him.

 

Though Kyuhyun didn’t have anything like Jiro’s transportation stone, he nevertheless possessed the ability to alter energy fields around him. When Jiro dashed towards Kyuhyun he felt a force pushing him back. The same happened to all those tiny needles; which were sent flying away from Kyuhyun.

 

Seeing Kyuhyun turn around Jiro tightened his jaw. With all his might he fought against the force. Eyeing Kyuhyun resentfully Jiro summoned all strength in him to push his sword forward, which was only inches away from Kyuhyun’s face.

 

On the other hand Kyuhyun slowly raised his sword, pointing its tip to Jiro. It looked like they were fighting with slow motion.

 

Kyuhyun had to be extremely cautious. He played in his mind once again what he was planning to do. When he’s ready he waved his other hand.

 

Without warning direction of the energy field was reversed. Instead of pushing Jiro away, Kyuhyun was pulling the other towards him. Kyuhyun dodged right away so as to save himself from being pierced by Jiro’s sword. Finding himself flying straight towards Kyuhyun’s sword, whose tip blinked with blood thirsty coldness, Jiro gasped and reached for the transportation stone.

 

Seeing that Kyuhyun extended his other hand to grip Jiro’s. He missed.

 

They were frozen. Jiro’s transportation stone was trying to send him away. But Kyuhyun’s altered energy field refused to release Jiro. There’s no more spare power to draw upon. No more attempt to send the sword into the other’s body. No more converting sword to spear or shooting out tiny needles. It cost both everything in them just to remain still.

 

Sweat rolled down their foreheads. For long they glared at each other, not hiding how much hatred, grudge, loathing there existed between them.

 

……

 

Eunhyuk turned his head to look at that person.

 

Seeing Eunhyuk’s face that person’s heart softened immediately. Eyes of Eunhyuk were beaming with the kind of confidence resembling arrogance; yet at the same time it made your tongue taste wine. Those lips were crooked in such a way that you had to work really hard not to crush yours on them.

 

That face of Eunhyuk was saying “See? I told you.”

 

“Don’t give me a face like this my dear. You’ll have to pay for it.” Tenderly the other person traced Eunhyuk’s jawline with his fingers, gently brushed Eunhyuk ear, lovingly ran his hand through Eunhyuk’s hair and then playfully caressed Eunhyuk’s cheek. During the whole time Eunhyuk’s facial expression didn’t change. His eyes kept peering at the other. His charm didn’t waver.

 

Eyes captured by those lips, fingertips of that person came to feel their softness. That person stopped when Eunhyuk called his name and took his hand. Teasingly that person came closer and whispered into Eunhyuk’s ear. “Come to my chamber tonight.”

 

And then that person stood up. Though he enjoyed it, he knew Eunhyuk didn’t like to show it in public.

 

……

 

On the battle field, Kyuhyun’s and Jiro’s eyes caught a glimpse of movement. Their hearts skipped a beat, fearing that the other could still come up with something extra.

 

A black robe was fluttering in the wind. At first Kyuhyun thought that was Eunhyuk His Majesty. But no. It’s that person.

 

“Thank you Jiro. And Kyuhyun. You passed.” That person said.

 

Yet Kyuhyun and Jiro remained unmoving. They had to. Both didn’t trust the other. And for sure if one withdrew his power the other would slay him without hesitation.

 

As that person stepped closer 2 transparent black shields materialized, one enveloped Kyuhyun and the other Jiro. “In the name of God Omega and on behalf of His chosen magicians, I command the 2 of you to end the fight. On the count of three!”

 

“One!” Kyuhyun bit his lip.

 

“Two!” Jiro narrowed his eyes.

 

“Three!” Kyuhyun lowered his sword.

 

Clank! Jiro’s sword struck the black shield as he… withdrew it. That of course, was an accident. Sneering, eyeing Kyuhyun with disdain, Jiro left the battle field.

 

Before Kyuhyun descended from the battle stage, he glanced up at prince Eunhyuk His Majesty. His Majesty was looking at Kyuhyun. He’s not certain but… faintly Kyuhyun saw… Eunhyuk smile… “Very well Kyuhyun. You indeed didn’t let me down.”

 

……

 

And that evening, Eunhyuk didn’t go to that person’s chamber. However, that person visited Eunhyuk; and spent the whole night there.

 

……

 

Now Kyuhyun was the chief alchemist, the chief assassin. People would tremble just when his name was mentioned. His Majesty said Kyuhyun was the best. His Majesty couldn’t be wrong.

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and sighed. Looking up at the night sky, every star was like one portion of his worries. And you couldn’t count how many stars there were...

 

Your Majesty… you didn’t really love that person… right?

 

And now Your Majesty… you wouldn’t love Donghae… right? You wouldn’t. Right?

 

 

-------------------------------

A/N: Who's better? Kyuhyun / Jiro? And Your Majesty!!! How can you be so charming?! With every chap I write I'm falling deeper for you... I just can't help it... Who can help me?! Sorry guys. Eunhae moments in the next chap!

A/N2: Check this out Eunhae shippers!! Eunhyuk His Majesty knows his Hae can't do anything wo him!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UydVYNR0lvw&feature=youtu.be

A/N3: Remember some chaps ago I said another story was forming? Now I've finished the plot. I intended to write a romance but now it's unavoidably turned to angst. *head dropped* Guess I hv angst flowing in my blood; implanted in my nerves. I'm doomed. Hands of angst are gripping me so tight... But to be honest I want to rush to work on this new story immediately! That's why I'm updating this fic more often now. Coz this fic is not short either... once again I beg ur patience~~~

A/N4: Tell me guys if you can be so kind. I guess many of you here love romance? I guess many readers here are looking for romance? Since I once again fail to write romance I wonder what you guys are looking for in my stories? Just tell me and I try to make those happen OK? Million THANKS and SARANGHAE!!!!!