Tell Me!

In the Name of Love

Immediately after they had seized Donghae, the squires handcuffed him securely. As if he was the most dangerous criminal on earth, that royal alchemist Kyuhyun himself came over to bind Donghae with more alchemistic spells. Donghae was gagged and an invisible rope (made of air) was wound around Donghae’s whole body he basically couldn’t breathe, let alone escape.

 

The royal alchemist, or chief alchemist, was the most important and most trusted person beside the King. In this kingdom, Kyuhyun was the only person who could enter His Majesty’s quarter without being summoned or granted permission. And if one would like to meet His Majesty, they would have to go via the chief alchemist. Kyuhyun was involved in all battles, conspiracies, schemes plotted by Eunhyuk. He’s not just involved; he’s playing a major role. He knew nearly (mind this word) everything about Eunhyuk. Nearly.

 

Kyuhyun led an army of assassins. That’s why he’s sometimes also called the chief assassin. They did their jobs not only by battling with swords or spells. Most of the time there was a more convenient way, which involved poisons. And Kyuhyun was the expert.

 

Kyuhyun was fierce, cool, ruthless, heartless, fearless. He’s loyal to Eunhyuk. Very loyal.

 

Even the squires were surprised seeing this whole thing being taken so seriously. They threw Donghae suspicious glances; and earned themselves further questions.

 

Donghae was good looking yes. But other than that he looked… just… like an ordinary young fellow. The clothes he’s wearing were plain it didn’t take you much time to forget how they were like. He’s bearing a short sword yes. But that’s normal in those days. And it also didn’t take the squires much effort to capture Donghae. During the whole time Donghae was as shocked and lost as a sheep he basically forgot to struggle. His eyes and face were saying he himself had absolutely no idea why he’s being captured.

 

A few squires actually had compassion for Donghae. What could Donghae have done? Not the finest trace of worldly value had left a mark on his face which was as pure as an angel’s. It’s obvious that those eyes had not even known greed, disdain, dishonor, hatred or death. They were still blinking innocence and sincerity. Through ones’ eyes one’s soul could also be glimpsed. Darkness and cruel reality had not yet laid a hand on his soul. Donghae was as gentle and pure as a lamb.

 

Poor young fellow… Dunno what His Majesty would do to him… Silently the squires thought. They tightened and zipped their lips though.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed Donghae’s collar. That Kyuhyun didn’t look physically strong but it’s like Donghae weighed nothing when he was being carried onto the chariot. In scientific terms, gravitational force was temporarily suspended during the process.

 

Once on the chariot Donghae was shoved onto the floor beside Eunhyuk, who peered at him wearing an expressionless face for several seconds; before resuming to look to the front. During those several seconds Donghae felt like being dissolved by those eyes; and his heart like a galloping horse. That Kyuhyun also resumed his previous position at the back of the chariot, arms folded and eyes unmoving, like nothing had happened.

 

Murmuring of the crowd also lasted for only some seconds. An abrupt silence took over as Eunhyuk’s eyes swept through the crowd again.

 

Eunhyuk knew what everyone’s probably thinking. He didn’t care.

 

The chariot continued to take them to the royal palace. Donghae was relieved that Eunhyuk was capable to silence everyone. He wouldn’t know how to deal with whatever words, questions or comments coming out of the people’s mouths. Me? The bride? I can’t believe it!!

 

And Donghae’s eyes were locked on Eunhyuk. Maybe he himself wanted to as well but what’s happening was he had no choice. Kyuhyun had made sure not even Donghae’s eyes could shift. Probably Donghae should thank Kyuhyun since a lot of people out there were dying to see His Majesty from up close.

 

And now Donghae could see… Eunhyuk was… indeed… really… very… gorgeous. His overwhelming aura was basically commanding everyone to bow down to him. His face was so stunning it’s like some cautious and accurate calculations were done before it was carefully carved from the best marble. Not a single flaw could be found. The eyes were dripping beauty. It’s the kind of deathly beauty one couldn’t help being captured and killed. The lips were… like those of a vampire. No matter if they were smiling, smirking, tightened, crooked or simply unmoving they were constantly seducing the victim.

 

And there’s this one thing about Eunhyuk he didn’t bother to hide. Eunhyuk was dangerous. That’s obvious. Yet that only added to his irresistibility. The danger itself was tempting, drawing the victim close. He’s saying “You’re so going to be dead” and the natural response would be “Take my heart; take my life”.

 

Donghae blushed.

 

As if he knew what’s going on in Donghae’s mind, all of a sudden Eunhyuk looked down. His lips curled to do their seducing job. Donghae found himself paralyzed and losing his breath.

 

Eunhyuk got off the chariot.

 

Only then Donghae knew they had arrived. His heart started beating fast.

 

“Your Majesty.”

 

“Lord Kyuhyun.”

 

Whoever awaiting the 2 bowed down on their knees, ready to receive orders.

 

Kyuhyun jerked his head at the chariot. “Take him to His Majesty’s quarter.”

 

Hearing that Donghae’s heart was threatening to jump out of his chest.

 

……

 

When the doors were closed amazingly Donghae could move again. The whole place was dark. Lying on the floor, Donghae felt the chill seeping into his body from beneath. Not so slowly he scrambled himself up and strained his ears. Silence was the only thing he heard.

 

Donghae extended his arms to feel the way.

 

“Stand there!”

 

Gasping Donghae turned around. At the same time torches mounted on the walls were lit, illuminating the room.

 

It was a very simple room with basically nothing, not even a window, obviously not Eunhyuk’s chamber. It’s probably one of the rooms in his quarter dedicated to some special purpose…

 

And there Eunhyuk was, sitting on a grand armchair which was the only furniture in the room. His Majesty had taken off his cloak. He rested his one elbow on an armrest, supporting his head with his hand. His other hand placed casually yet elegantly on the other armrest, Eunhyuk’s eyes, gazing at Donghae, revealed nothing.

 

Beside him stood Kyuhyun, again arms folded. The chief alchemist had taken off his mask, revealing his jaw tightened in distrust. His eyes were fixed on Donghae as well. Yet different from those of Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun’s eyes carried traces of hostility.

 

“And now. Tell me!” Eunhyuk commanded.

 

……

 

Bewildered, Donghae blinked. He was too stunned to move for some time. Finally he managed to slowly shake his head. He’s not sure if he himself imagined it or that it’s taking place for real. Donghae heard his neck crackle.

 

Actually Donghae meant to say he didn’t understand what he’s supposed to tell His Majesty. But since he couldn’t utter a word and shaking his head could mean he refused to answer, sparks of anger flashed in Eunhyuk’s eyes.

 

“How dare you!” Abruptly Eunhyuk stood up. His shadow flickered and the next instant Eunhyuk was right in front of Donghae. Before Donghae could gasp Eunhyuk had roughly grabbed Donghae’s neck and heavily pushed him onto the wall behind.

 

Donghae let out a whimper. He couldn’t help trembling in front of Eunhyuk’s fuming glare. “Don’t try my patience! I’m warning you!” Eunhyuk tightened his grip.

 

“I… am… not…” His heart pounding inside him like crazy, it took all strength in Donghae to utter 3 words.

 

“Then answer me!” Eunhyuk banged Donghae’s head onto the wall. Eunhyuk’s fingers were gripping Donghae so tight for sure bruises would be left behind.

 

“I’m… terri…bly… s… sorry… W… What… a… answer… what…?” Donghae squeezed his eyes shut to swallow the whimper. He knew he had to say something or else… He didn’t want to imagine what would happen.

 

Eunhyuk sneered and narrowed his eyes. “OK if you want to play dumb. Listen! This is what I am asking! What is this?”

 

Suddenly Eunhyuk gripped Donghae’s wrist with one hand, his other hand shoved the sleeve up, revealing Donghae’s forearm. Eunhyuk glared at it with ruthless eyes.

 

The next second Donghae flinched and gasped in pain. Eunhyuk’s glare was like a scorching blade. It was cutting into Donghae’s flesh, mercilessly ripping it open. Blood burst out and sizzled. Soon there was a deep cut on Donghae’s forearm, from where blood was continuously dripping onto the floor.

 

Just by glaring could Eunhyuk draw blood…

 

Donghae didn’t bother to comprehend why this was happening to him. He gave his answer. “… Blood…”

 

Heavily Eunhyuk slapped Donghae.

 

Donghae bit his lip. Tears streamed down his eyes.

 

……

 

“Your Majesty. We should just kill him.” Kyuhyun spoke with a heart frosting voice.

 

Tilting his head a little Eunhyuk smirked. “See? My alchemist is running out of patience already. I give you one last chance.”

 

Donghae smelled blood. Eunhyuk opened his blood covered hand and held it in front of Donghae’s face. Seeing his own blood trickle down another person’s palm made Donghae feel sick.

 

All of a sudden the torches were quenched.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened as he saw… the blood… glowing in the dark…

 

Eunhyuk peered at Donghae through his blood stained fingers. He asked again. “There’s magic in your blood. Now - tell - me – why!” Heavily Eunhyuk slammed his other hand onto the wall beside Donghae’s head.

 

Donghae’s face turned white in horror. Chills shooting out of Eunhyuk’s eyes had captivated him. He heard pounding of his heart echo loudly inside the room. Rather than breathing he was more like whimpering or weeping. He felt his stomach sink with dread. He felt his blood turn cold. He found himself drenched in sweat. He found himself shivering like a helpless, frightened prey, waiting to be slaughtered by the most bloodthirsty predator who knew no mercy.

 

What Kyuhyun said earlier was not a threat. It was not a threat used to squeeze something out of Donghae. Kyuhyun meant it.

 

Magic was forbidden. No one was allowed to possess magic except His Majesty. There’s only one fate awaiting those who were unfortunate enough to have their blood contaminated by magic.

 

Death.

 

The whole bride thing was totally ridiculous. That’s totally not the case. What happened was Eunhyuk sensed magic in Donghae and demanded to know why!

 

 

-----------------------------

A/N: Girls hurry!!! His Majesty is not *couth* gay (yet?)!!! And how can I leave out Donghae? Magic is also in his blood!! Oh what did I do? Did I just make Eunhae rivals of each other? @_@

A/N2: Happy New Year!!!! And now I give you... Eunhyuk His Majesty!!!! (Take my heart... Take my life...) http://twitter.com/#!/TheHeapify/status/154665866997415938/photo/1

A/N3: If u hvn't watched FIX's MV featured by Eunhyuk, do it now!!! You can't miss that!!!

A/N4: Many Thx to dhenia for making the background pic!! ^^