The Truth Will Break Your Heart (Part 2)

In the Name of Love

 

Prince Eunhyuk His Majesty was in deep coma. The alchemist healers had treated and stopped all internal bleeding. Yet no one could do anything to the frantic flow of magical currents in him. The chaotic magic in Eunhyuk was too strong to be guided by anyone, even that person.

 

Totally at God’s mercy…

 

In those days Eunhyuk saw hell.

 

In hell tortures were everywhere. Demons were everywhere. Massacres were taking place night and day. Flames of death, fuelled by countless lives, burnt unceasingly. Rivers of blood, supplied by million human sacrifices, flowed so high. The most heart paralyzing music was constantly playing, screams of the powerless, pleas of the innocents, cries of those suffering, moans of those bleeding, wails of those terrified, ugly, high-pitched laughs of demons enjoying, celebrating, slaughtering.

 

Eunhyuk covered his mouth and nose with his sleeves. Disgusting…

 

But there was an angel in hell as well.

 

As Eunhyuk walked through hell he saw a little angel. Heart warming white light was radiating from that little young boy, outshining the angry fires burning around. The angel was running away. Without thinking Eunhyuk followed.

 

Minutes later Eunhyuk realized the angel had his eyes closed, and tears running down his cheeks. And someone was gripping the angel’s little hand, leading him somewhere. Eunhyuk frowned and wondered where they were going.

 

Eunhyuk saw them enter a cottage hut. He peeked inside and saw the angel cry and furiously shaking his head. Eunhyuk’s heart ached. He felt the pain, the fear, the insecurity through those angelic eyes.

 

All of a sudden Eunhyuk heard footsteps approaching, he turned his head and saw a group of demons. Gasping Eunhyuk turned to look inside the hut. The angel was pushed through a trapdoor on the floor. Quickly Eunhyuk rushed to stand at the door, facing the group of demons. “NO!”

 

Nobody heard him. Not even himself. The demons ran through Eunhyuk.

 

For some time Eunhyuk was too stunned to move. He didn’t understand. When he finally regained himself and turned around he saw blood all over the place. And the demons were rummaging. NO!!!

 

Eyes widened Eunhyuk lunged at the demons… to no avail. It’s like Eunhyuk didn’t really exist. Instinctively he summoned his magic, which only made him feel incredibly disoriented and dizzy, which only caused his muscles and bones to scream in pain.

 

Eunhyuk squeezed his eyes shut, pressed his palms onto his forehead to steady himself. Come on!!! Now is not the time to feel sick!!

 

“Pinqmeng. Shall we leave?”

 

Finally the demons were leaving. Eunhyuk was so relieved. When he opened his eyes again Eunhyuk was surprised to see he was in the same underground space with the little angel, who was peeking through the slit. Eunhyuk did the same… and got shivers down his spine… very much like what the angel was feeling…

 

Some time later the angel shifted to hug himself tight. Eunhyuk’s heart ached again seeing the little angel trembling, blood and tears staining his face, contaminating his angelic beauty. It pained Eunhyuk so much seeing the lost, fear, dread, anguish, insecurity, despair, helplessness and loneliness in the angel’s eyes. Those shouldn’t have laid a finger on such a pure and innocent soul.

 

Despite those the angel was still radiating warmth. That drew Eunhyuk near. He wrapped his arms around the little angel… and wept with him.

 

Gradually the angel drifted into sleep. Eunhyuk kept gazing at those angelic and lovely features. Tenderly he planted a kiss on the angel’s cheek, embracing the other tighter. On the one hand Eunhyuk wanted to protect and comfort the angel. On the other hand he yearned for the warmth… so soothing…

 

It’s the warmth Eunhyuk’s heart had been thirsting for years…

 

……

 

“Eunhyuk… Kingdom Alpha is no more… We won…Wake up… Join the victory… Eunhyuk! Please!” Enveloping Eunhyuk’s hand in his, that person fixed his teary eyes on the beauty gleaming face. Eunhyuk was like a marble sculpture, stunning, breath taking… unmoving. The beauty was like an ever-lasting one. It felt like nothing could steal his beauty, not wind, not rain, not storm, not drought, not the lapse of time, not even death.

 

Outside the tent the wait was killing Kyuhyun. If there’s anything he cared, it’s the well being of Eunhyuk His Majesty. If there’s anyone who mattered, it’s no other but Eunhyuk His Majesty. His throat was burning. Every breath took him an effort. And the biggest torture was he couldn’t do anything.

 

That person had ordered. No one was to disturb.

 

……

 

No idea how long had passed. That person summoned Jiro.

 

As Jiro made his way to the tent, Kyuhyun tightened his lips and approached the other. “Lord Jiro.”

 

There’s the same disdain from Jiro’s eyes, same loathing between those furrowed brows. “Not now. Back off.”

 

Kyuhyun clenched his fists and bit his lip. “Lord Jiro. Please.”

 

Jiro halted and stared at Kyuhyun.

 

……

 

Jiro hated Kyuhyun yes. The 2 never bothered to hide their resentment against each other. But when Jiro looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes at that moment, strangely he was moved. He felt Kyuhyun. Just like his loyalty towards that person, Kyuhyun had the same towards Prince Eunhyuk His Majesty. If due to whatever reason Jiro couldn’t see that person anymore… he’d do anything… anything…

 

“Wait here.” Quickly Jiro resumed his strides, raised the tent’s flap and entered.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t have to wait for long. The tent’s flap was raised again and Jiro beckoned. “Lord Kyuhyun.”

 

Inside the tent, until they lost track of time… the 3 of them stared down at the most stunning sculpture ever…

 

……

 

All royal family members of Kingdom Alpha should have been killed. The magic bloodline should have been completely eradicated. The once powerful Alpha magic should have been rendered a part of history.

 

Kyuhyun had requested his assassins to verify again and again before he decided to submit that report to His Majesty.

 

Even until His Majesty read the report from Kyuhyun, His Majesty thought that had to be a mistake.

 

When Donghae was first seen wandering aimlessly in the streets with hollow eyes, hunger and thirst almost consumed him, he was dressed in a muddy robe which was so torn and worn its original color (it’s white btw) could no longer be recognized. More alerting was the necklace he’s wearing. The pendant said Kingdom Alpha (α).

 

Somehow Donghae ended up in an orphanage in Sauyu. Soon the necklace was no longer with Donghae. It probably found its way to some underground trading market.

 

Even if it’s indeed Alpha blood flowing inside Donghae, that could be the result of some long forgotten one-night fling some royal family member had…

 

The necklace… Donghae could have got it from anywhere…

 

The truth… didn’t have to be so cruel… right?

 

It didn’t have to be… if His Majesty didn’t make the mistake…

 

The dream might have lasted longer… even forever… if His Majesty didn’t attempt to dig at the first place…

 

Some tragic past, haunting memories, traumatic pain were better left forgotten.

 

Rather than to find out the real truth, His Majesty was more hoping to prove the truth wrong. That’s why His Majesty asked.

 

“Kingdom Alpha was still reigning Sauyu when you’re born right?”

 

Change of rhythm in Donghae’s heart, trembling of his hand, tears trickling down his cheeks… were saying… “Kingdom Alpha” meant quite something to Donghae. Something, originally firmly locked up, deeply buried beneath the bottommost layer of memories, was being woken up.

 

The cruel truth was peacefully sleeping. It’s not meant to be disturbed.

 

But it was. Now… there’s no turning back. The truth was stirring, groaning in its deep slumber.

 

The time would come… when the brutal truth completely surfaced… and revealed its bloodthirsty fangs…

 

The dream was sweet…

 

Sweetness was another name for love…

 

The love was true…

 

The truth was cruel…

 

Cruelty was another name for reality…

 

Reality would kill the dream…

 

Hearts would be broken…

 

And there would be blood…

 

 

---------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I hope I made it up by sharing my SS4 Paris memories with you all here!!

A/N2: Was it clear? It's a dilemma... I didn't want to make it crystal clear but I wanted you to understand!!! >_< It's too tragic so actually Hae lost his memory until now!!! No Hae hasn't remembered everything yet. The dream would last for a little while longer...

A/N3: Probably you hv got it fr last chap of DYD. Just in case. If u hvn't read The Road to Redemption, pls do otherwise you're missing a lot!!! If yes then I'd like to tell you an idea popped up and there MAY be a sequel. ^^

A/N4: THANK YOU guys!!! I'm not frustrated anymore!!! =D