No. Don't.

In the Name of Love

 

During the few days when Eunhyuk His Majesty was away Henry kept Donghae company. He visited him from time to time, told him what’s happening here and there, brought him books about history, astrology, alchemy…, took him out and showed him around.

 

Henry knew the situation of Donghae; that he’s being imprisoned, not knowing what would happen to him the next day, and that he had no friend here except maybe Henry. He wouldn’t expect a cheerful and lively and talkative Donghae. But the way Donghae was… was just… wrong.

 

Finally Henry ran out of patience. “Seriously what’s wrong with you?”

 

“… Nothing…” Donghae glanced up at Henry and murmured.

 

“No it’s written all over your face. There’s something!” Henry, a bit annoyed, stared at the other.

 

They were in the royal garden. Donghae looked up at the sun, at the sky. Everything was alright. The weather was fine. The sun was shining. The flowers were blooming. The birds were singing. The leaves were rustling.

 

His heart was aching.

 

Donghae took a deep breath. Maybe it’s good to let it out.

 

“A few days ago… in the middle of the night… I heard… His Majesty… scream…” Donghae muttered.

 

Henry crossed his arms in front of his chest. “And?”

 

Recalling the scene that night Donghae’s cheeks started to blush. No… he couldn’t tell Henry… about how… His Majesty... No he couldn’t.

 

Instead Donghae diverted the focus to something else. “There’s a name mentioned… between the screams…”

 

“So you now know who that person is?” Even though Henry didn’t hear the name himself, it was a guess making perfect sense. Henry knew it. It had to be that person.

 

Donghae shook his head. “No… I didn’t make it out… The name…”

 

Henry sighed. He frowned. “This is bothering you?”

 

Not exactly… Donghae nodded.

 

Now it’s Henry’s turn to shake his head. “But no… I can’t tell you… even though I really want to…”

 

Shoulders of Donghae dropped. “It’s… OK… I understand…”

 

Really Donghae was disappointed. Not that he’s that curious about that person. Just he knew that person had definitely shaped the current Eunhyuk His Majesty. He still remembered clearly those screams, soaked with anguish and pain and dread and desperation so thick. The way those screams penetrated his head still haunted Donghae.

 

But… why did he care? After what His Majesty did to him?

 

Donghae bit his lip. He didn’t know.

 

Suddenly Henry gasped. Eyes widened he pointed at Donghae and exclaimed. “Oh no!! Don’t tell me… Don’t tell me…”

 

Donghae looked at Henry. His cheeks were flaring. He wanted to say something to make Henry drop the topic. Yet he’s muted.

 

“Don’ttellmeyoufallforHisMajesty!”

 

That turned Donghae’s face effectively into a tomato.

 

Now Henry got it! Donghae’s really doomed!! He grabbed Donghae’s shoulders. He shook his head. “No! Don’t! I’m serious!”

 

I know you’re serious but I just can’t help it!!

 

And the pain hit him now. His broken heart seized his veins and nerves. Donghae trembled as he fought against the pain. He’s so frustrated to find tears welling up in his eyes. He’s really defeated.

 

When your heart’s broken, it’s no longer yours. It belongs to the heart breaker, the only person capable of mending it, but at the same time the unique person who can best break it further.

 

What do you think? What’s Eunhyuk’s preference?

 

Normally when someone hurts you, you would run away. So that you wouldn’t be hurt once more. So that you can deal with the pain, forget it, get over it and be happy again.

 

But Donghae couldn’t go anywhere. He felt that he’s really, merely, a toy.

 

Seeing tears glisten in Donghae’s eyes Henry was flustered. He didn’t know what to do to cheer Donghae up. He came up with something easier. He would distract Donghae. Well… Donghae asked about that person…

 

“Um… As to that person… though I cannot tell you… I can answer your questions. Yes-no questions. OK?” Henry’s taking risk. But His Majesty was anyhow not in the palace, and he checked that there’s nobody else within earshot…

 

Silently Henry was praying. Please please please!! Say something!!

 

And Henry was so relieved when Donghae nodded.

 

……

 

“They’re… enemies?”

 

Brows of Henry furrowed. He thought yes-no questions would be easy to answer. But not this one!!

 

Minutes later Henry shook his head.

 

“Lovers…?” Bitterness soaked Donghae’s tongue when he uttered that word.

 

Again Henry frowned. Why were the questions so difficult?!

 

Henry hesitantly nodded. But then he raised his 2 hands and shrugged.

 

Donghae was bewildered.

 

“Probably yes. There’s a rumor. But I’m not sure.” Henry spoke below his breath.

 

Does His Majesty still love him?

 

The question was about to escape Donghae’s mouth. Nevertheless he choked it back. Henry wouldn’t know the answer to that.

 

Instead Donghae asked. “Where is that person now?”

 

Henry looked up at the sun, turned around and pointed to his left.

 

Donghae followed Henry’s finger and saw… a sculpture?

 

“… Where?”

 

“This is the direction to the palace gate. He left. And this is not a yes-no question!” Nervously Henry looked around. He was speaking softly yet at the same time too loud.

 

……

 

Henry had to work. And Donghae went back to his room, from where he tried to take a glimpse of the palace gate.

 

So that person left…

 

Donghae’s broken heart… was feeling a bit better…

 

Wait! But why? Remember how His Majesty treated him a few days ago…

 

Donghae grabbed a book and flopped himself down onto his bed. He tried to concentrate. Yet it took him more than 5 minutes to realize it’s a book about cooking!

 

Boring! Donghae continued reading.

 

……

 

The door was opened… and closed. Donghae couldn’t read anymore. He literally couldn’t do anything… with his heart throbbing like crazy inside his ribcage…

 

Donghae kept staring at the book… Mix the egg and flour and sugar… Add water…

 

… All the way very much aware about who just entered the room… and was approaching him…

 

Donghae started shaking. Stir… Mix cream with butter…

 

A hand touched Donghae’s shoulder. He flinched. Really it felt like he was just shot by lightning.

 

The hand and that person halted. Donghae as well. Air in the room condensed. Time slowed down and flowed no more…

 

……

 

Eunhyuk looked at Donghae, who just squirmed at his touch and was still shivering… who… was not looking at him…

 

No. Don’t.

 

Donghae was hurt. Eunhyuk knew it. It’s so obvious he could see it. When Donghae’s shoulder moved away from his hand Eunhyuk felt at a loss. No. Don’t.

 

Last time he cut open Donghae’s forearm. He knew how to heal the wound. That’s easy.

 

But how to heal a wound he left in Donghae’s heart?

 

Eunhyuk had no clue. And what he did next was awkward.

 

Donghae was forcefully turned around. The next instant his face was resting on Eunhyuk’s chest; and Eunhyuk’s arms were wrapped around him.

 

The sudden move made Donghae tremble even more. He’s so scared…

 

Nevertheless the one who scared him… soothed him the best. Eunhyuk raised one hand to gently caress Donghae’s face. Eunhyuk’s lips came to softly brush against Donghae’s ear. “Relax. Just relax.”

 

As Eunhyuk tightened his hug Donghae lost it. He sank deeper into Eunhyuk’s embrace. He buried his face in Eunhyuk’s chest. He breathed in Eunhyuk’s scent. “Your… Majesty…”

 

The book dropped onto the floor.

 

It captured him again. The gentle side of His Majesty… that Donghae was dreaming of… longing for…

 

He didn’t know why. Tears silently flowed. More tears came out as His Majesty tenderly patted Donghae’s back. It’s… so… soothing…

 

Donghae’s tears were hot. Donghae’s body was warm. Eunhyuk strained all his nerves to feel the slightly trembling soul sobbing in his arms. He welcomed it at times when Donghae’s delicate fingers gripped his robe.

 

It’s warm. It’s so warm. His heart… felt it… Finally the soothing warmth descended into Eunhyuk’s heart… His Majesty smiled… warmly…

 

Donghae had no idea how long he sobbed. Wrapped in those arms he felt so at home. The embrace was more than comforting. His eyelids gradually became heavy…

 

It had to be a dream… so sweet a dream…

 

In this dream His Majesty hugged him, soothed him…

 

In this dream His Majesty softly whispered to him…

 

In this dream His Majesty’s lips tenderly left marks on his cheek…

 

It had to be a dream…

 

“Your Majesty…” Donghae’s eyes refused to open…

 

“Um…?” His Majesty’s voice melted his heart…

 

“I… love you…”

 

 

----------------------

A/N: FINALLY!!!!! Yay!!! We definitely need more EUNHAE!!!! MORE PLEASE!!!

A/N2: Another rush update! Hv been busy lately~~~ BTW Still remember Henry is playing a part?

A/N3: This story... is again developing on its own. The ending... the ending... it's telling me the ending shouldn't be what I originally had in my head!!!