He’s Your Weakness

In the Name of Love

 

Eunhyuk walked to meet Kyuhyun. He tilted his head towards his chamber, indicating to Kyuhyun that’s where they would talk.

 

Inside his chamber His Majesty took his seat behind the grand table, arms casually placed on the armrests. Kyuhyun sat down opposite Eunhyuk.

 

“You got something for me?” Eunhyuk looked straight at Kyuhyun’s eyes; and inquired in the usual, authoritative way; indifferent to the glimpses of discontent Kyuhyun didn’t manage to contain.

 

His inside was roaring protests. Before Kyuhyun spoke, he reminded himself not to leak any of those out. “We know where Mina, Nina and Jiro are. They are planning an assassination.”

 

Eunhyuk smirked and shifted his eyes to look out the windows. “Let them come. Save us the trouble to hunt them down.”

 

Kyuhyun stared at Eunhyuk for some time. His Majesty was like shining in the middle of the morning light gleaming around. Clutching the scroll tighter in his hand, Kyuhyun placed it on the table and gently slid it across towards Eunhyuk. “And this is Donghae’s identity.”

 

Alerted His Majesty turned to look at Kyuhyun. The next minute Eunhyuk sat up straight, opened the scroll and started reading.

 

Kyuhyun rested his back on the backrest. “Kingdom Alpha.”

 

As Eunhyuk continued reading, Kyuhyun tried to catch any trace of thought crossing His Majesty’s face. There wasn’t any. Eunhyuk was too good at that.

 

Kyuhyun continued. “The magical bloodline with the longest history.”

 

……

 

His Majesty finished reading and looked up at Kyuhyun, still expressionless. “Sauyu he’s from. That makes sense.”

 

“Your Majesty! He’s not as innocent as he seems to be!” Kyuhyun frowned and pressed his hands onto the table.

 

Again His Majesty gazed at Kyuhyun indifferently. It’s like Eunhyuk didn’t hear him. “Anything else?”

 

Kyuhyun tightened his jaw. One part of him was urging Kyuhyun to continue. The other part was telling him to avoid taking any risk.

 

At the end Kyuhyun closed his eyes. Your Majesty… You know my heart…

 

Taking a deep breath Kyuhyun opened his eyes. “Your Majesty. No matter what you do, how you treat him, I know he’s not going to be your weakness. I know you wouldn’t let that happen.”

 

……

 

Kyuhyun was shivering. He felt the chill.

 

It’s not describable how Eunhyuk’s expression changed. It hardly changed. But it’s impossible to miss. His Majesty’s gaze was nerve frosting, heart paralyzing.

 

“Anything else?” The answer had to be no. That’s how His Majesty asked this time.

 

Kyuhyun looked down and shook his head.

 

“You may leave then.”

 

Immediately Kyuhyun got on his feet, bowed and took his leave.

 

After closing the door, Kyuhyun rushed to stand under the sun, to get the chill off him. Some time later he closed his eyes. Kyuhyun smiled. He made it.

 

Kyuhyun made it.

 

……

 

Eunhyuk stared at the door, via which Kyuhyun just left. Moments later he shifted his eyes to look at the scroll.

 

It’s strange Eunhyuk didn’t feel intimidated at all, even though Donghae had Alpha blood flowing inside him.

 

Kingdom Alpha. They were the first chosen people. God Alpha granted them the gift because of their pure and sympathetic hearts. Due to the long history of development, their magic was powerful in a certain way. Yet they chose to waste their magic on noble acts like healing, making river flow in deserts, summoning rains, reviving parched farmlands etc.

 

The royal family of Kingdom Omega, on the other hand, was chosen because they were smart. Once bestowed magic the family grew and the Kingdom expanded at an unbelievable pace. When they were attacked, they didn’t lose a single battle. When they declared war, their victory was just a matter of time.

 

Nevertheless it took them quite some time… to bring down Kingdom Alpha, whose protective shield was almost impenetrable. Almost.

 

Eunhyuk was not happy because of 2 reasons.

 

Number 1. Donghae might be hiding something. This was relatively OK. That Donghae was simply no match to Eunhyuk. If His Majesty was determined to find out, he could make Donghae spell out all his innermost secrets. Especially now that Donghae was irrevocably fallen. Every single part of Donghae belonged to Eunhyuk.

 

His Majesty curled and his lips… when he recalled how Donghae tasted last night.

 

Number 2. Kyuhyun was hinting something.

 

Kyuhyun you’re too loyal… annoying sometimes…

 

……

 

After that Sirek incident, Jiro warned that person about the same.

 

On his way to that person’s chamber, Eunhyuk overheard their conversation as he turned the corner.

 

“Forgive your servant. This I have to say even if it means my demise.”

 

“You are forgiven Jiro.”

 

“Thank you Your Majesty. People out there are lurking, spreading their ears, patiently waiting for their chance. Because you are too strong for them. Because they cannot bring you down by ordinary means. Prince Yeni His Majesty had made it dangerously close this time. Sooner or later another trouble would come. Not even the tiniest crevice can be afforded. Your Majesty. Really. You have no weakness but one. Prince Eunhyuk His Majesty. He’s your weakness.”

 

Eunhyuk stopped there, put all his senses on highest alert. He waited.

 

That person didn’t say anything. The topic was switched to something else.

 

Clenching his fists and pursing his lips, Eunhyuk went back to his own chamber. No answer from that person meant… Eunhyuk was no longer safe. That person used to be his shelter. But now that person had become his biggest threat.

 

At least that person saved Eunhyuk from Yeni. At least that person didn’t give Eunhyuk up. That meant Eunhyuk managed to claim a place relatively high in that person’s heart.

 

Based on that Eunhyuk estimated he still had a few months’ time. That’s roughly how long that person would need to kill the Eunhyuk in his heart. Within those few months Eunhyuk had to find a way...

 

Eunhyuk could do Sirek. That person as well. That didn’t give Eunhyuk any advantage. He needed a way to counter Sirek…

 

He had read the same magic scripture million times. Once again he buried himself in it.

 

Sirek

Jipiek nyzelik qie visqzy bliqsk srorak

Yeiza hybxu cweriq daeuk…

 

......

 

Donghae put on his clothes, carefully concealing all marks His Majesty left on him. He couldn’t help it. He was smiling like an idiot the whole day.

 

That evening His Majesty didn’t visit him. Neither did His Majesty the next evening.

 

One day. Two days.

 

One week. Two weeks.

 

One month…

 

His Majesty could take him to heaven. His Majesty could also throw him into hell.

 

In Donghae’s world, the sun basically didn’t shine. All food tasted either like dust or mud. Water smelled bitter. Air felt heavy and suffocating. Bright red was turned into maroon. Yellow of the amber was painted the color of withered leaves. Even the newly budded leaves decided to wear the color of graphite.

 

He dared not recall what happened that night anymore. Image of His Majesty was painfully stunning. The sweetness, given time, was converted to acids. The sour taste, blended with bitterness, soaked his tongue, causing his jaw to ache, torturing his tear glands. The pain, however, stubbornly remained and missed no chance to make its presence known. It flowed with his blood, pulsed with his heart.

 

He cursed himself. He’s just stupid. It’s not the first time His Majesty toyed with him. Why did he still trust His Majesty? Why did he still offer his heart? Why did he give the other yet another chance to ? To hurt him? To abandon him and to forget him?

 

And then Donghae couldn’t help it. As his heart fell apart inside him, 2 streams of tears flowed down his cheeks.

 

A chilly breeze brushed Donghae’s arms. He stood up and walked to close the window. As he took in the scenery outside, the palace so big, the city lights so numerous, the mountains so far away, the crescent moon hanging in the sky so high, it crashed down on him that he’s trapped here… all alone… abandoned… forgotten… cursed… humiliated… neglected… mocked… forsaken… that there’s no way out… that there’s no hope… that he could glimpse no future…

 

Maybe he should have stayed in Sauyu…

 

Donghae buried his face in his hands… and sobbed even more…

 

 

----------------------------

A/N: Whew~ Finally the site is back! I miss u all!!!

A/N2: Guys! The debate is OVER!!! The ending is SET!!! But of course I'm not going to tell u now~~~

A/N3: Last chap was a surprise! I didn't know I had to flag that checkbox until I started writing!!! Eunhae Power!!! ^^