Your Majesty...

In the Name of Love

“I… don’t… know… can’t… use… magic…” Donghae’s voice was helplessly shaking.

 

Silence.

 

Donghae’s eyes met Eunhyuk’s one more time. And then slowly he closed his eyes, prepared to accept his doom.

 

At that split second when their eyes met something happened. Something flickered in Donghae’s eyes and like an invisible pulse that something entered Eunhyuk’s eyes and touched his heart. All of a sudden Eunhyuk felt calm. His heart, which was pounding with anger a moment ago, was soothed. His blood, which was bubbling with rage an instant before, was quieted.

 

Calm was alien to Eunhyuk. He had never had that luxury in his life. Glorious and victorious it might look from the outside, Eunhyuk knew it all too well how much he had paid, and that he would have to continue paying, in order to stay alive.

 

Magic was not a blessing but a curse. Ever since he was born as the royal prince in the royal family, Eunhyuk had been on his highest alert to ensure he would not be eliminated; and at the same time plotting and conspiring against others so as to claim the throne. He simply had to. Otherwise he would join the rest of the magicians in his family; who had ceased to exist.

 

Now that he was sitting high up on his throne, the curse didn’t leave him. Eunhyuk spent all day long doing the same things in order to secure it. Even though other kingdoms had fallen, their blood was still flowing; waiting to flood the world again. Eunhyuk had to kill all other magical bloodlines. During the process he earned himself enemies one after another. Even though most of the avengers had no magical power, they still tried their very best to cause Eunhyuk troubles.

 

It didn’t seem there would be an end to all these.

 

Eunhyuk tightened his jaw. He envied Donghae. Before Donghae’s eyes were closed Eunhyuk saw calm shimmer in them. That alien feeling gripped his heart immediately. The next second Eunhyuk even wanted to weep, realizing how pathetic a life he’s living, how far away he’s from peace and calm, even farther away from joy and laughter.

 

He closed his eyes for some time, smothering whatever feeling daring to surface. When he’s ready Eunhyuk waved his hand and the torches were lit again.

 

Making sure his voice wouldn’t betray him Eunhyuk asked. “What’s your name?”

 

“… Donghae…” Donghae’s eyes remained closed.

 

Though Eunhyuk’s voice didn’t leak out any emotion, it had definitely turned soft. “Where are you from? Who are your parents? What are you doing here? Tell me.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned. Why is His Majesty treating him differently?

 

Surprised by the sudden change in tone, Donghae opened his eyes. His gaze was immediately held by Eunhyuk, whose eyes remained piercing, seducing and charming.

 

Donghae gulped before answering. “I’m from Sauyu. I grew up in an orphanage there. I’ve never seen my parents. I came here hoping to join the team of assassins.”

 

That’s truly amusing. That even earned a smile from Eunhyuk. You? Assassin? “Kyuhyun he wants to work for you!”

 

Kyuhyun found his lips and jaw tightened further. He’s not happy about what’s going on. He didn’t trust Donghae. And in his opinion His Majesty should kill this young fellow right here and now; and forget about this whole thing. He tried to get His Majesty back to business.

 

“Your Majesty. Sauyu is a small village in the east. There’s only one orphanage in that village. I will get someone to check. And…”

 

Eunhyuk pressed his palm onto Donghae’s forehead, welcoming the satisfaction when Donghae trembled at his touch. “I can save you the trouble Kyuhyun. Now you tell me again. Let me remind you lying is wrong and the consequence will be something you cannot imagine.” Eunhyuk was finding this Donghae more and more amusing.

 

Donghae felt a force brutally drill through his forehead and clutch his brain. It’s not painful but it felt very weird and uncomfortable. “I’m from Sauyu. I grew up in an orphanage there. I came here hoping to join the team of assassins.”

 

He’s not lying. Eunhyuk pressed his hand harder, pushing Donghae’s head onto the rough surface behind. Narrowing his eyes he asked the most critical question. “Do you know magic?”

 

Eunhyuk’s stare was suffocating. Donghae gulped again before answering. “I can’t… use magic.”

 

So he can’t use magic…

 

That made sense. To cast magic one had to have the gift flowing in his blood. Nevertheless it’s not always true the other way round. Even if one possessed magic, without someone to enlighten him it’s like he’s blindfolded. And being an orphan of course there’s nobody to show Donghae…

 

……

 

“Your Majesty.” Kyuhyun took a step forward.

 

“Kyuhyun. He’s not lying. He doesn’t know magic.” Eunhyuk lowered his hand. The weird feeling that his brain was being dissected left Donghae.

 

“But still there’s magic in his blood…” Kyuhyun raised his voice a little.

 

“I know.” Hearing the word blood Eunhyuk looked down at Donghae’s forearm. Blood was still oozing from the cut. Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hand and lifted it so that he could see the cut more clearly. It was indeed a very deep cut.

 

The way Eunhyuk held Donghae’s hand was very caring and gentle. Even Eunhyuk himself didn’t realize. What he also didn’t know was… that had a permanent impact on Donghae. When Eunhyuk was dangerous and fierce, he was irresistible. But now when his deeply locked up tenderness was given a tiny moment to shine; in front of his ruthlessness backdrop, Eunhyuk was more than charming. The contrast made the gentle side of him unbelievably precious and beautiful.

 

Donghae was immediately mesmerized…

 

That also didn’t escape Kyuhyun’s eyes. He pursed his lips. His chest felt like being punched. “Your Majesty. Maybe I’m worrying too much. Could he be… that person?”

 

Donghae felt Eunhyuk’s grip on him abruptly tightened. It was gone in the blink of an eye Donghae wondered if he himself had imagined it. The next minute Eunhyuk spoke firmly. “He’s not him.”

 

And then Eunhyuk tenderly placed his other hand on the cut. A stream of warmth shot into Donghae through the wound. Shifting his eyes Donghae glanced at Eunhyuk, who was glancing at him at the same time. Donghae couldn’t help it. His heart started beating fast. Lowering his head Donghae blushed. He hoped Eunhyuk didn’t notice.

 

Moments later Eunhyuk’s fingers were Donghae’s forearm like he’s brushing away dust. The cut was gone.

 

Kyuhyun knew he’s walking on thin line. But he couldn’t let His Majesty near any danger. He didn’t know how this Donghae managed to make Eunhyuk lower his guard. To him Donghae was more that suspicious. Kyuhyun continued. “Forgive what I am going to say Your Majesty. That person is cunning and he’s the master of disguise. Is he really…”

 

All of a sudden Eunhyuk’s tenderness vanished. He tossed Donghae’s hand away, turned around and confronted Kyuhyun. “Do you think you know that person more than I do? Kyuhyun my royal alchemist?”

 

Eunhyuk was not speaking loudly. He didn’t even glare and his face didn’t show anger. But his aura made it very clear. Heart paralyzing chills filled the room.

 

That sent shivers straightaway down Kyuhyun’s spine. It took him some time to feel his tongue again. “No. Of course not. I’m sorry Your Majesty.” A bitter taste formed in his mouth. The bitterness seeped into his heart like a poison. Kyuhyun lowered his head.

 

“That person promised. I trust him.” Though Eunhyuk didn’t raise his voice, the authority in his tone couldn’t go unnoticed.

 

Whenever it came to that person Kyuhyun was very frustrated. His Majesty just wouldn’t tell him anything. Eunhyuk kept saying it’s all dealt with. That’s all. Full stop. Period. Why wouldn’t His Majesty reveal anything to him? Was His Majesty doubting his loyalty? Did His Majesty think Kyuhyun would side with that person? Kyuhyun had proven himself over and over again. No?

 

Or was it really dealt with? Not that Kyuhyun dared to doubt His Majesty. Well maybe he was indeed doubting… Well he didn’t know… Whatever…

 

Full stop. Period.

 

Kyuhyun was smart enough not to drill into this further. But he nevertheless had to deal with Donghae, who was like a prick in his heart. “I’m sorry Your Majesty. And what should we do with this person here?”

 

“Him?” Eunhyuk turned around to face Donghae. Eunhyuk was wearing a smile, one you would see on a predator’s face who was looking forward to toying with his prey.

 

As Eunhyuk approached Donghae his paralyzing gaze captivated his toy. Donghae didn’t have the slightest ability to resist, knowing he was totally at Eunhyuk’s mercy. Donghae’s back pressing against the wall behind; in front of him Eunhyuk was closing the distance between them. Pounding of his heart was so loud Donghae thought it could bring the place down.

 

Eunhyuk teasingly grabbed Donghae’s face. Slowly his fingers travelled up along Donghae’s jaw line, reaching Donghae’s ear, ran through Donghae’s hair, and then back to caress Donghae’s cheek. Eunhyuk’s eyes followed his fingers when he spoke. “So you said you want to be an assassin?”

 

Eunhyuk was so close Donghae wondered if the other could feel his crazy heartbeat.

 

Now Eunhyuk’s eyes were on Donghae’s lips, where his fingers were lingering. Smirking Eunhyuk’s tongue followed the move of his fingers and his own lips. Where Donghae’s lips were being playfully teased, there Eunhyuk’s tongue was his own. That was so seducing electricity was shot through Donghae; who trembled slightly. Sensing that Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow and his evil grin widened. His eyes flickered to capture Donghae’s. You poor helpless babe…

 

Eunhyuk’s thumb was brushing Donghae’s lower lip. Donghae’s knees were about to give way. As if he knew it Eunhyuk pressed himself onto Donghae. Their lips almost touched. Donghae thought he’s going insane. Weakly he closed his eyes. Inside him his inner voice was desperately trying to pray. Yet he didn’t know if he wanted to be released by Eunhyuk more; or to be completely captured by Eunhyuk more.

 

Eunhyuk leaned in further.

 

Goosebumps rippled through Donghae’s whole body when Eunhyuk whispered right beside his ear. “You know how it feels when a cold blade crosses somebody’s throat? When your sword penetrates into someone’s heart? When you twist the dagger which has punctured someone’s stomach? You know how the dead cries sound? And the moans of somebody who knows he would die but very slowly? And the screams of people in agony? And when someone who has his throat ripped open gasps for air? You know what hopelessness looks like? The hatred, rage and grudge coming out of the eyes whose owner you just killed? The scene of life, bit by bit, leaving somebody until the eyes flicker to emptiness as death completely takes over?”

 

If he’s not pushed onto the wall by Eunhyuk Donghae would have collapsed. Tears were flowing down his eyes.

 

Eunhyuk was not satisfied yet. He Donghae’s earlobe. “Have you ever tasted blood? Tears mingled with blood?” Eunhyuk pressed his thumb, which was still covered with blood remains of Donghae, onto those innocent lips. Donghae’s own blood mingled with his own tears and seeped into his mouth, etching an unforgettable taste on his tongue.

 

More tears surged out of Donghae’s eyes. His whole body was intensely shaking. Chills were flowing through his veins. Eunhyuk might have said something else but he didn’t hear. He felt the place turn upside down. The torches brightened and were giving out white light. The white blinded him more and more and finally it engulfed him.

 

Maybe he was dying.

 

It would have been OK. Some time ago it would have been OK. Donghae was prepared to accept his doom. But now…

 

Donghae couldn’t believe it. Yet he definitely heard it. Donghae heard his heart say… Your Majesty…

 

The Eunhyuk who was dangerous and fierce…

 

The Eunhyuk who was gentle and caring…

 

Donghae’s heart was aching… Donghae would miss Eunhyuk…

 

… Your Majesty…

 

 

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Congratulations to SUPER JUNIOR!!!!! ELFs we made it!!!! GDA!!! Togather w SUPER JUNIOR we made miracles happen!!!! Soooooooooooooo PROUD!!!!!

A/N2: It's a long chap!!! Didn't expect this. Edited n edited again it just grew longer... Enjoy!!! ^^