Please Tell Me This Is The Truth

In the Name of Love

 

Black robe, shining, rustling…

 

Eunhyuk, my love, to whom I pour out all my love without regret, whom I regret loving knowing the love would turn to pain and accompany me for the rest of my life…

 

Black cloak, glamouring, fluttering…

 

Dear. Don’t think I do not know. Don’t forget how closely we are related.

 

Dark runes, gleaming, warning…

 

You seduced me. Right? That’s your plot, one I’ve known from the beginning. You’re smart Eunhyuk. That I know as well.

 

Brownish dust, swirling, accompanying every stride, tinging the air…

 

But do you know Eunhyuk? What exactly seduced me… was the angel in you. And… my love to you, or the angel, is true. From the beginning.

 

Drops of golden sun, retreating, fleeing…

 

I don’t want to admit that you’re cursed… No matter what uncle Rubin said the day he swore with his blood on the execution ground. It’s our father who executed him. Why should you bear the curse? No…

 

Gloomy silence, descending, saturating… People ceased to talk. Birds ceased to sing. Winds ceased to whistle.

 

You can love Eunhyuk. You can receive love Eunhyuk. Don’t believe in the curse. Don’t give in to the curse.

 

Movements, graceful or awkward, swift or clumsy, obvious or subtle, coagulating, stopping… Not even one single eye managed to blink. In disbelief they widened.

 

I’ve been striving to preserve the angel in you. I saw it. I felt it. I almost touched it.

 

Summer heat, vanishing, shivering…

 

When you said it in my face… that you wanted the throne, and that you wanted me to leave… I knew I have failed. You won Eunhyuk. In front of your pleading yet commanding eyes, I couldn’t disagree on whatever you requested.

 

Time, slowing down, standing still…

 

Yet the most miserable failure of mine… was that I failed to illicit the tiniest drop of love from you. Tell me Eunhyuk. What I once saw was true… right? There’s love in you. There’s an angel in you. There’s the most beautiful heart in you. It’s just you decided to lock them all up. Please tell me this is the truth. Don’t tell me those were mere illusions Eunhyuk…? That I’ve never known you despite all these years…?

 

That person reached the palace gate. The whole city had been darkened, muted, halted, frozen, and shocked.

 

Nobody regained enough sense to open the gate. But that’s not necessary. Like a phantom shadow of that person flickered, and the next instant he’s inside. With his every stride he gained his ground and coated everything with frost, chilled every soul with terror.

 

In his room, even Donghae could sense the atmosphere change. It’s getting colder and colder. He rubbed his hands together to get some warmth. Shivering he walked to look out the window. The mid day sun was working its shift yet tried as it might it gave no warmth. And there’s this overwhelming energy pressing in through the window, making Donghae tremble. He wondered what’s going on. From the limited view he got through the window, there’s no answer.

 

At the entrance to the hall of the throne, Kyuhyun looked up at His Majesty’s chamber. Through the window panes he saw candle flames flickering. It seemed His Majesty was not very willing to meet that person. During the last few days His Majesty had been quiet. Most of the time he locked himself up in his chamber, not meeting anyone.

 

With every tick of the second Kyuhyun was getting more and more worried. He tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword. He sensed the power of that person approaching. No longer did he know what’s in His Majesty’s mind. And he was not even given a chance to voice out his concern. His Majesty simply refused to see anyone. Lips tightened, heart pounding, Kyuhyun frowned. From time to time his eyes glanced up at His Majesty’s chamber. His palms were getting sweaty… despite the chill…

 

Heart pounding for another reason, Jiro enjoyed each and every passing moment. He’d finally be serving his master again. It’s not an easy task. Yet he’s at least given a chance now. At least he could talk to his master, to spell it out that he should claim his throne back, to not be cowardly but stated it plain that Eunhyuk was not to be trusted. The presence of Donghae would surely anger that person. Corner of his mouth curled into a smile as he imagined the triumph of his master. At the bottom of the staircase, the one leading to the hall of the throne, eagerly Jiro waited.

 

……

 

Every step carried authority.

 

Every move summoned power.

 

Rippling of the robe acknowledged the vast reservoir of magic circling and dancing.

 

The long awaited dark robe figure appeared.

 

Jiro took a few steps forward and broke into a run, calling that person’s name on the way.

 

That person…

 

Since childhood time he was with Eunhyuk…

 

They grew up together, struggled their way through together.

 

When reality revealed its cruel mask, that there could only be one heir to the throne, one chose to love, one chose to conspire. They stayed together.

 

To love was to trust. That person trusted Eunhyuk.

 

Eunhyuk manipulated that person… using love…

 

Eunhyuk got what he wanted. That person gave Eunhyuk everything.

 

But in the end both were hurt.

 

Loving someone and finally getting betrayed, it hurt.

 

Betraying someone and finally knowing the other truly loved you, it’s hurting just as much.

 

Love was there but slipped through their fingers…

 

Tell me Eunhyuk. What I once saw was true… right? There’s love in you. There’s an angel in you. There’s the most beautiful heart in you. It’s just you decided to lock them all up. Please tell me this is the truth. Don’t tell me those were mere illusions Eunhyuk…? That I’ve never known you despite all these years…?

 

I’m leaving. I promise I’d not come back… unless you tell me… you have the answers…

 

In front of that person Jiro bowed down and fell onto his hands and knees. With glistening eyes he looked up at his master, who smiled upon seeing his servant. “Jiro.”

 

The elegant birthmark along the jawline on the right, in the form of dark runes, proclaimed his identity. He’s the one picked by magic. He’s that person.

 

“Master Hyukjae…” Jiro whispered.

 

He’s Eunhyuk’s twin brother.

 

 

---------------------

A/N: Welcome!!!! One secret of this story is revealed (finally)!!! Did u somehow guess it?

A/N2: Sorry again for the late update. It's been quite difficult for me lately...

A/N3: I know many of you are waiting for the update of DYD as well. But it will take another week since I will be traveling... >_< SORRY!!!!