Sirek (Part 2)

In the Name of Love

 

Right after the ceremony that person dragged Eunhyuk and they basically ran back to his chamber. When the sound of door closing was still echoing Eunhyuk found himself locked in that person’s arms, and that person’s lips crushed on his.

 

The way that person kissed Eunhyuk haunted him. It was not just passionate. It was desperate. The kiss overwhelmed and suffocated Eunhyuk. It was a kiss with a pressing message. That person was trying to stamp the message onto Eunhyuk’s heart with that kiss.

 

“Remember! I will never give you up! No matter what happens I will NOT give you up! OK?” That person cupped Eunhyuk’s face and said, extremely seriously.

 

The only thing Eunhyuk could do was to nod. This was serious he could tell. He wanted to ask why or what happened; but the fear in that person’s eyes made Eunhyuk choke back his questions. Eunhyuk was shocked. He even trembled. Fear had never been associated with that person…

 

Seeing a scared Eunhyuk that person’s eyes softened. Lovingly he caressed Eunhyuk’s face. And with a soothing voice he spoke. “Don’t be scared. Just remember what I said. And stay away from Yeni. Could you do that?”

 

Eunhyuk nodded again. Tenderly that person embraced Eunhyuk and let Eunhyuk rested his head on his shoulder. “I love you…”

 

……

 

Yeni was nowhere to be seen the next few days.

 

Smart that person might be somehow he missed this in his calculation. He thought he could get rid of Yeni soon enough. Coward!! Million times he could curse that Yeni. But with that coward gone into hiding, there’s nothing that person could do except to wait for his enemy to make a move.

 

He didn’t have to wait long.

 

Let me remind you the deadline is tomorrow. Eunhyuk is just lovely right? I hope he lives long as well…

 

That person snapped his fingers and the note pinned on his desk burst into flames. Clenching his fists, narrowing his eyes, he tried hard to contain his anger. Never before had anyone blackmailed him. Well there’s nothing that could be used for the purpose… until Yeni figured out their relationship…

 

People from that branch of their family tree had threatened him before. To make it clear the trick wouldn’t work he killed his sister himself, earning him the reputation of being ruthless and heartless and fearless. The reputation did him good so far.

 

But Eunhyuk meant much more to him…

 

He cursed himself for being arrogant. He should have been more cautious. He should have listened to Eunhyuk and avoided showing any trace in public.

 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. It’s OK. He could deal with this. He would win over Yeni.

 

The moon was sprinkling silver dust everywhere. On his way to Eunhyuk’s chamber he made it sure again that he wouldn’t worry the other. He checked his face was not hardened, his jaw was not tightened, his lips were not pursed and his eyes were showing nothing but the joy of seeing Eunhyuk.

 

He clasped his hand over the door handle. He halted.

 

Something’s wrong…

 

The magical shield was not in place…

 

He frowned, heart pounding.

 

No! He slammed the door open and strode in.

 

Nobody.

 

“Eunhyuk! EUNHYUK!!!!!” Mingled in his screams he could hear his galloping heart beat. He felt himself trembling.

 

A note was pinned on the bed. I do hope he lives long. Your call.

 

For some minutes that person thought his heart had stopped. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes. He told himself to breathe in and out. He dug his fingers into his palms until he could feel the pain, forcing himself to stay composed. He needed to stay calm. Only then he could think properly.

 

I will not give you up Eunhyuk…

 

……

 

Eunhyuk was having a severe headache. Every single muscle of his body ached. His limbs were so heavy. They didn’t feel like his. He commanded them to move but they wouldn’t listen.

 

Even his eyelids refused to follow his command. Or they were carrying weights. Again and again he attempted to open his eyes. Why was it so difficult? Another pulse of ache crossed his brain. He frowned and groaned.

 

Faintly he heard a chuckle.

 

Alerted Eunhyuk tried with all his might to pull open his eyelids. That was unbelievably exhausting.

 

At first Eunhyuk couldn’t comprehend what he was seeing. He only knew the sudden burden on his brain intensified his headache. More than dizzy he was disoriented. He squeezed his eyes shut, shook his head and opened his eyes again.

 

He was in a dimly lit room. The only source of light was wavering. His skin felt the chilling breeze flowing in from the tiny window located at the top part of the wall. That meant the room was in a basement somewhere. The smell of damp was heavy, suffocating. Lying on the floor, moisture escaping the ground seeped into his body.

 

Soon his senses told him he’s not the only person in the room. He heard someone else’s breathing. He heard the sound of robe rustling. What’s more important, he felt somebody’s eyes staring at him intently.

 

“You’re smart Eunhyuk. Really.”

 

Yeni Hyung…

 

“Getting him to fall for you, so that he wouldn’t kill you. Smart move.”

 

Eunhyuk tilted his head and saw Yeni sitting on a chair by a table. The wavering candle flame gave his face a ghostly tinge.

 

“What I found surprising though… was that he’s really fallen for you. How did you do that? No matter what thank you. Finally he has a weakness.”

 

Eunhyuk struggled to get up. It only caused his body to protest more.

 

“How is it? This new potion I made?”

 

How did he…? Upon hearing that person’s warning Eunhyuk set up a magical shield surrounding his chamber; and stayed there most of the time. No one could enter unless Eunhyuk allowed. Of course Yeni was not in the welcome list. So… how…?

 

“Relax. It won’t do you any harm. I can’t let that happen. Believe me. I do want to see the 2 of you happily together.”

 

It was obvious… the edge of sarcasm…

 

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened. That servant girl! Correct. The one who brought him food earlier. Eunhyuk had never seen her before. After Eunhyuk passed out the magical shield vanished and then…

 

“You know they are deciding who the heir will be? After he declares he wants nothing to do with that, I will leave the 2 of you alone. I will sit back and enjoy watching you 2 live happily ever after.”

 

No you won’t…

 

“If he really loves you Eunhyuk, you will be fine. Otherwise… too bad. You’ve made the wrong bet.”

 

Yeni stood up, and came to look down at Eunhyuk. That was the first time. The first time Eunhyuk saw a smirk that made him shiver.

 

“The deadline is tomorrow. I will see you then.”

 

Eunhyuk closed his eyes. He heard Yeni left and the iron door clank shut.

 

Knowing he didn’t have much time Eunhyuk summoned his magic. He had no idea what was in Yeni’s potion, which drained him so seriously. He just kept chanting the spell for synthesizing strength.

 

It took hours before Eunhyuk regained the ability of getting up and walking around. As he expected the prison was locked up by magical means. And it didn’t take one much to conclude that Yeni was the only person on earth who possessed the key.

 

No chance. Or… there’s only one chance…

 

Would that person agree to what Yeni demanded? No matter what Eunhyuk couldn’t rely on that…

 

Eunhyuk had to keep acquiring strength. He had to be strong enough to strike the next time he saw Yeni again. Judging by the situation Eunhyuk couldn’t do long battles. He’s still weak. He only had one chance to strike. Either that one chance was sufficient so that he wouldn’t need another; or that he wouldn’t live long enough to glimpse another.

 

……

 

Time was ticking. That moment was approaching. Eunhyuk lay on the floor, so that Yeni would think Eunhyuk was weaker than he really was. He had the spell ready in his head. All his senses on highest alert, he couldn’t risk missing the faintest signal when that moment arrived.

 

Air particles were disturbed.

 

Magical currents rippled.

 

Density of hostility increased.

 

That moment was on the verge of descending. Yeni was outside the iron door.

 

One more rehearsal of the magical spell in his head…

 

Time ticked.

 

Yeni was not stupid. Eunhyuk was shocked to find that he’s already late. That moment was not on the verge of descending. It had arrived already.

 

Jipiek nyzelik qie visqzy bliqsk srorak

 

It felt like air around Eunhyuk had turned into granite, pressing him, squeezing him, suffocating him.

 

Fear gripped Eunhyuk. His heart jolted and throbbed like crazy. Despite that his blood froze and paralyzed his nerves. Hands of dread grew from the ground and locked Eunhyuk in position. Chains of horror materialized out of mid air and strangled him.

 

Only until that day Eunhyuk knew Yeni possessed Sirek capability. Eunhyuk was not even given any chance. No chance…

 

The iron door opened. Yeni stepped in, sword in hand, face expressionless. Yeni was an experienced magician. Cautious. Calm. Concentrated. He was casting the spell. Sirek. His eyes held no focus, meaning his whole mind was in work with the magic.

 

Eunhyuk couldn’t move. He couldn’t even open his eyes to look at his executioner. Well maybe that’s better.

 

Yet he was very much aware of his executioner approaching, even more aware of his own time ticking.

 

Death was shrilling, whispering, laughing right beside Eunhyuk’s ears.

 

So this was it? Despite all he had done, his calculations and efforts and plotting, that’s all Eunhyuk achieved after all? That person… abandoned him…? Didn’t he say… with so much sincerity in his eyes… that he wouldn’t give Eunhyuk up…? So… he was… lying…?

 

Though he couldn’t say he loved that person, still at that moment Eunhyuk wanted to cry…

 

Promises… lies…

 

Haunting, choking warmth drenched Eunhyuk’s neck. A whimper was muted.

 

Cursing…

 

Panting…

 

Air whistling through one’s throat…

 

……

 

“Eunhyuk?”

 

That suffocating feeling was gone. Tentatively Eunhyuk opened his eyes.

 

He was startled. That person was hovering over him. His whole face was covered with blood, dripping onto Eunhyuk’s face. Eunhyuk gasped.

 

The next instant Eunhyuk felt something next to him. Turning his head he saw that something which frightened each and every single part of him.

 

Right in front of his face, Yeni’s fuming eyes were glaring at him. From Yeni’s throat which was brutally ripped open, blood was surging out and spreading on the floor. The blood soaked Eunhyuk’s robe. It’s uncomfortably hot and sticky. It’s like Yeni’s spirit was still trying to pursue Eunhyuk.

 

Eunhyuk screamed. He flinched.

 

Strong arms of that person pulled Eunhyuk into his embrace. Sensing Eunhyuk tremble helplessly, that person kept soothing him. “It’s over Eunhyuk. It’s over.”

 

He was scared. He was lost. He was shocked. He was terrified. Tears burst out of Eunhyuk’s eyes. Through his chattering teeth Eunhyuk kept calling that person’s name. Deeper and deeper, than ever, Eunhyuk buried himself in that person’s embrace.

 

Hold me tight! Embrace me tight! As firmly as possible… PLEASE!!

 

……

 

That night was cold. After their victory they made tents under the night sky on their way back.

 

The air was cold. The moon was cold. Eunhyuk was cold.

 

Inside his tent His Majesty felt so cold. He could use his magic to light fire, to make air around him warm, to shield him from any coldness. But none of those could offer the warmth His Majesty was yearning for.

 

The warmth that could soothe the coldness inside him.

 

When was the last time somebody hugged him like that? That his heart could feel warmth and love and peace? That his soul could feel the intimacy with another?

 

That should be the last time. Things changed after that incident.

 

Now his heart felt so cold. His blood felt so cold. His soul was shivering.

 

The alchemists outside were celebrating. Laughter penetrated through the tent, telling Eunhyuk he’s not alone. No… that actually reminded him how lonely he was.

 

Why was he born as a magician? People out there could enjoy each other’s company. They had the luxury to enjoy and practice love in their families. His family… The royal family… Well… forget it…

 

For years… he’s been suppressing his emotions, distancing himself from his feelings, turning a deaf ear to his heart. The more he rejected, the more unbearable Eunhyuk felt at times those surfaced. He wanted to be hugged. He wanted to feel secure even when he’s close to somebody else.

 

His Majesty didn’t see this coming. A face flashed in his mind. His heart uttered a name.

 

Donghae…

 

 

----------------------

A/N: A rush update! Hope it's still OK!! It's so long but I cannot let part 3 happen!!!

A/N2: Wow... # of subscribers of Do You Dare reached 43 already! There are really a lot of angst + romance lovers here!! And I hvn't updated that for more than 10 days!!! I am so BAD!!! I will work on that tmr!!!

A/N3: Guys go to my profile page and check out my profile pic!!! Do You Dare? HeeHee~~