The Truth Will Break Your Heart (Part 1)

In the Name of Love

 

Reality is brutal. The truth will break your heart. When you are close enough to see a person clearly, you’re already too close.

 

The truth was unveiled to His Majesty.

 

That’s why His Majesty shed tears. At that moment, His Majesty knew…

 

who Donghae really was;

 

how Donghae managed to hide the secret yet be totally honest at the same time;

 

that Donghae was a forbidden fruit;

 

that the dream was coming to an end;

 

that he himself had made a mistake;

 

that most likely going forward… there would be blood;

 

and last but not least… the love from Donghae… was true…

 

And now… everybody…

 

Ssssshhhhh….

 

Behold…

 

The truth is here…

 

……

 

On the day of Kingdom Alpha’s downfall, all of them were there.

 

Eunhyuk, that person, Kyuhyun, Jiro. They were part of it.

 

Donghae was there as well.

 

It was horrible beyond description.

 

Even Kyuhyun had to look away… when human bodies were ripped open, torn apart; when lifeless limbs dangled in the most awkward manner; when corpses crowded all rivers and lakes; when blood streamed through all cracks… dripped from all crevices… gathered to form sparkling little red ponds… soaked the soil and dyed it black…

 

when ruthless blaze engulfed the royal palace… turned it into an inferno…

 

when magic of that person caged the once glamorous building… blocked all escape routes…

 

when all people inside panicked and stepped over one another… wept… screamed… wailed… begged…

 

when agonies contorted their faces, when horror and despair saturated their eyes, when hungry flames melted their bodies, ate them alive…

 

Fluids sizzled. Flesh charred to roast, bones to ashes.

 

Magicians and alchemists and squires and priests and servants; young and old; men and women; boys and girls… all embraced the same fate.

 

The angry fire roared for days. When silence finally descended upon the place, everybody shivered. Spirits were crowding the city. Their fingers and caressed and gripped and clutched all warm-blooded beings, thirstily warmth. Whistles of the wind carried their unceasing weeps, furious protests along, frosting all hearts.

 

It’s just horrible.

 

……

 

Actually Prince Eunhyuk His Majesty didn’t take part in a lot of battles. Most of the time that person handled them all.

 

This was one of the few he did. Eunhyuk was asked to help.

 

And if it’s not because of Eunhyuk His Majesty, Kingdom Alpha might have survived till now.

 

……

 

When it came to combat with magic, there were a number of factors to consider. Knowledge of magical spells, amount and power of magic to draw upon, battling skills and martial arts.

 

Put it simple it’s talent and hard work.

 

Many people envied or were scared of that person because his magical power was the strongest. That’s why he was capable to cast all spells he came to know, even those demanding extremely huge amount of magic.

 

But if we talk about knowledge, then it’s Eunhyuk. It’s unbelievable how many magical spells he knew and had memorized. He even invented. It’s not easy to memorize spells. When we talked about Sirek we had briefly discussed already. There were the pronunciation, rhythm and tone to deal with. And they were all complicated as those syllables hardly carried any meaning.

 

Eunhyuk knew the theory behind magic inside out. He was looking for a way to counter Sirek, to counter that person.

 

Magicians had the gift flowing in their blood. At the end magic was a force allowing them to control or make changes to their surroundings. The beginners would need the help of magic components like petals or magic dust. That’s because their control over their magic, as well as the magnitude of their magic, were not mature enough to get the magical currents to flow smoothly. As one progressed one wouldn’t need those components anymore, and the magic gestures required would be less and less.

 

Theoretically there was a point at which nothing but only one’s mind was needed to cast magic.

 

Sirek was then nothing.

 

The problem was the power of magic required to get one there was impossibly immense.

 

To Eunhyuk that was frustrating. That would render him in the shadow of that person for the rest of his life.

 

When Eunhyuk saw the magical shield protecting Kingdom Alpha, his eyes flashed.

 

……

 

That person wouldn’t allow Eunhyuk to do battles. He loved Eunhyuk and to him Eunhyuk shouldn’t cross path with the cruelty or horror of wars.

 

It’s just the magicians of Kingdom Omega, despite their vast power and experience, had made no progress for months. The protective shield set in place by Kingdom Alpha was not the tiniest bit weaker. And they were not the tiniest bit closer to achieving anything.

 

Only then that person decided to invite Eunhyuk to the battlefield, but only to deal with that magical shield. When the real battle began Eunhyuk should go back to the palace.

 

It was a moonless night. From afar Eunhyuk could already glimpse the dazzling light beams dancing on the shield.

 

What the chariot arrived that person eagerly came to greet Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun and Jiro were beside him. That person took Eunhyuk’s hand when the latter descended from the chariot.

 

As that person looked at Eunhyuk, a tinge of guilt crossed his face. “Sorry to have you come over my dear.”

 

Eunhyuk smiled and shook his head. His charm just couldn’t be contained. “It’s my honor. Finally I can fight with you.”

 

That person led Eunhyuk to the rim of the magical shield. “No you don’t fight. I’ll fight for you. You’re just here to get us through this thing set up by those cowards.”

 

Eunhyuk shifted his eyes to stare at the shield, which was gleaming and sparkling. Hesitantly he reached out his hand…

 

……

 

“Eunhyuk!!”

 

The next instant Eunhyuk was sent flying and landed on the ground like some 20 feet away.

 

Eunhyuk saw stars in his head… before he opened his eyes to see the twinkling stars like diamonds in the night sky.

 

That person’s concerned filled, widened eyes were the next vision he saw.

 

For some time Eunhyuk could only lie down there, magical currents in him all jolted due to the overdose injection of the same. A corner of his mouth curled up. Eunhyuk had found a treasure.

 

The shield was a vast lake of magic.

 

His hand enveloped in that person’s, Eunhyuk whispered. “I can… absorb the magic… When it’s… weak enough… an opening… will form. You guys… can… enter…”

 

“No that’s too dangerous!!!!” Loudly that person protested.

 

Eunhyuk squeezed that person’s hand. Gazing at that person firmly Eunhyuk spoke. “It’s… OK… Trust me…”

 

It’s dangerous. But Eunhyuk would try.

 

The next minute Eunhyuk staggered up and slowly walked towards the shield. Now he roughly knew the magnitude and the nature of magic the shield contained. The matching spell was summoned into his head.

 

It’s the rarely known spell to absorb, convert and store magic into one’s own reservoir.

 

But it’s a painful process. Like organ transplant, one’s body would reject the flow of foreign magic. One had to fight against his/her own body.

 

And the process began, so did the pain.

 

From time to time Eunhyuk had to stop, got himself acquainted with the torments, summoned further strength and determination to continue.

 

……

 

When the first glimpse of sunlight diluted the dark of the night, Eunhyuk collapsed. That person caught him.

 

Sweat had drenched Eunhyuk’s robe. His face was paler than marble. Every part of his body was trembling. His breathing was labored. One second ago he was freezing cold. The next second he was burning hot. The dose of foreign magic in him had reached a dangerous level, bringing him unimaginable, unforgettable tortures. He was on the verge of fainting.

 

“Eunhyuk… Let’s not continue… I beg you… I’m sorry…” That person spoke shakily. He took Eunhyuk’s shivering hand and held it against his face.

 

“I have to… Otherwise… the shield… will… get strong… again…” Eunhyuk paused to catch his breath.

 

Eunhyuk forced a smile to assure that person. “Get… everyone… ready… Almost…”

 

That person looked up at Kyuhyun and Jiro, who nodded and rushed to gather all other magicians and assassins.

 

……

 

Once again Eunhyuk was facing the shield. He squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his jaw, telling himself with all his might not to faint.

 

He was dizzy and his vision was blurry. Nevertheless Eunhyuk took a deep breath, chanted the spell and extended his hand. Overwhelming electricity gripped him. It was like countless spikes were poking into, piercing through his body. It was like million tongues of flames were him, inside and outside. In his chest something was threatening to explode.

 

Eunhyuk cried out in pain. He bit his lip until it bled, forcing himself to concentrate. Almost…

 

People gasped and cheered when a portal appeared.

 

Gradually the portal became big enough. The army of Kingdom Omega flooded in. Among them, Jiro entered first. The next was Kyuhyun. Once inside he turned his head to look at Eunhyuk.

 

That person was about to enter. But then Eunhyuk fell down onto the ground. Eunhyuk smelled blood. Some hot and sticky liquid overflowed his throat and gushed through his lips.

 

The world was getting dark.

 

Quickly that person rushed to Eunhyuk.

 

He didn’t see this coming. He didn’t expect he would get this injured. Eunhyuk found tears in his own eyes. He thought that would be it.

 

Before the world got totally dark, Eunhyuk saw those pair of eyes so familiar. Before all sound was drowned, he heard that voice which had accompanied him since childhood time.

 

Hug me again… Please…

 

But if he really was to die, Eunhyuk had to make sure it’s worth it. He had to make sure his own Kingdom would triumph.

 

“Go… ahead. Do not… let… me… down…”

 

Darkness and silence followed.

 

……

 

Never ever before had that person shed so many tears. Never ever before had he felt such a degree of pain. Never ever before had his heart cried so hysterically. Never ever before had he been this mad.

 

Bloodlust was all over that person’s face. Hatred, grudge, anguish, flames of revenge were darting out of his eyes.

 

He thought he lost Eunhyuk.

 

That day a demon appeared. The demon trampled, slaughtered. The demon fed his rage with blood.

 

Everybody has to die! Everybody!! EVERYBODY!!!!

 

The furious fire burnt so high it turned nights to days. The demon sneered. Through his tears he enjoyed each and every single face twisting in anguish, each and every single skin peeling off, each and every single limb falling apart, each and every single body disintegrating.

 

HOW DARE YOU?!!!!!

 

WHO ARE YOU TO TAKE AWAY EUNHYUK?!!!!!!

 

EVERYBODY HAS TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

--------------------

A/N: It's just horrible...

A/N2: Tell u a secret. Previously I was getting frustrated w this fic. You can't imagine how much it has deviated fr the original plot. At one point I no longer knew where it's going / what I was doing. I felt I was losing it. I felt so bad. I hope the previous chaps were not too disappointing. Thank God now it seems the story has told me the truth and that what it's trying to convey. I hope it gets exciting (and angsty of course) going forward!!

A/N3: Responding to above, once again thank you for ur support!! Just your continue reading means A LOT to me. Really!!! >_<