The Time Has Come

In the Name of Love

 

Nobody knew it. Donghae, just his existence, saved His Majesty already once. Whether Donghae could save a second time, remained to be seen.

 

Remember the demon firmly gripping Eunhyuk. Remember the demon was waiting for the moment… to finally, completely claim Eunhyuk’s body. When all other magical bloodlines were exterminated, when there’s no other magicians left on earth, the moment would come.

 

The moment had to wait… because Donghae existed.

 

Do you get the picture? Now there were only two magicians left on earth.

 

And the tides had turned. Thanks to Jiro. Thanks to His Majesty’s arrogance. The demon was not stupid. Eunhyuk was no longer of value. All the demon needed to do was to capture Donghae, and leave Eunhyuk to die.

 

……

 

Donghae ran and stumbled. And he ran and stumbled. Not having much idea about the palace’s layout, soon he got lost.

 

He fell down again. But this time his knees touched something soft. Looking down Donghae saw the ground covered with grass. While his heartbeat began to calm, while his breathing began to slow, Donghae’s eyes caught a sight which jolted his heart, which made him gasp.

 

The grass was red, contaminated by the sinful liquid streaming out through his fingers. The liquid covered every single inch of his hands. It was disgusting, yet sparklingly, alluringly bright.

 

Did I… kill Kyuhyun…? Did I…?

 

Tears flooded Donghae’s eyes. Staring at his trembling hands he was startled further by some cries above. The next moment he jerked up his head, and realized it’s dusk time. A group of crows just flew by. Sounds of their flapping, their squawking sprinkled down from above.

 

A gust of wind slapped Donghae all of a sudden, throwing puffs of sand at him. As he shielded his eyes with his hands he smelled… blood. Tears mingled with blood… just like when he was alone in that underground space beneath that trapdoor…

 

Trapdoor…?

 

An image flashed in his mind, sending lightning down his heart. Shivers travelled down his spine, and chilling fear gripped his very core right away. That pair of eyes… That stare… Indifferent… Arrogant… Ruthless…

 

The wind had turned into a breeze, dancing like a , seductively whispering into Donghae’s ears… Find Pinqmeng… Pinqmeng…

 

……

 

Footsteps rustled behind Donghae. Quickly Donghae turned around.

 

“What happened?” The shock and concern couldn’t be more obvious in Henry’s voice.

 

Donghae had no idea where his respond came from. His own voice shocked him. “I need to find Pinqmeng. You know where he is?”

 

……

 

With Henry’s help, Donghae had himself cleansed from blood. Donghae had his question answered. Given that, he knew he’d not be able to sleep that night.

 

Henry offered to take Donghae back to his room. Donghae refused straight away. He couldn’t go back. Not now.

 

In one of the million rooms hidden in some forgotten corner in the palace, Donghae sat quietly in bed. He’s very tired. Yet he tried desperately to keep his eyes open. He wished there’s a way he wouldn’t need to blink. Whenever he closed his eyes, he saw that pair of eyes…

 

At the same time in the royal chamber, His Majesty made a mental note that he should order to look for Donghae the next morning. That’d be too late. But His Majesty wouldn’t make it in time anyhow. The demon had just found Donghae.

 

Donghae couldn’t see the demon lurking close. No human eye could see the demon. But it’s there. Its hands were caressing Donghae. It’s kissing Donghae. Its lips were luring Donghae… through ghostly whispers…

 

Forget not the pain… At the next blink Donghae saw his father’s contorted expression, the brutally ripped open throat.

 

Forget not the dark… At that Donghae remembered the pitch-dark underground space, the terrifying silence, the heart frosting sound of blood dripping through the trapdoor slit…

 

Forget not the cold… In no time the sensation gripped Donghae. In that underground space, he recalled, after the blood had turned cold and clogged, it’s cold. It’s very, very cold…

 

Forget not the horror… That long buried memory slipped back into Donghae’s head. The first sight that greeted him after he stepped out of the cottage… Smoldering corpses… Disgusting smell of charred and rotten flesh… Awful lifelessness of the once merry and flourishing city…

 

Forget not the hopelessness… Donghae had run through each and every single corner of the city… in the hope of finding someone still alive… But no. All dead. Death reigned the place. Donghae, being alive, didn’t belong anymore…

 

Forget not the loneliness… At the age of 10, Donghae journeyed on alone. All alone through alien forests, bare lands, deserts. All alone fighting the thirst and cold and hunger. All alone healing the wounds…

 

Remember the joy… That was the day Donghae turned 10. His family was with him. He remembered the banquet, the music, the presents, the laughter… He remembered himself smiling so wholeheartedly… not being able to stop laughing…

 

Remember the warmth… It’s so soothing… when his brother came to hug him… when his mother came to kiss him… when his father came to pat his shoulders…

 

Remember the love… His brother took his hand and showed him the pebbles and precious stones he collected. His mother sang him a soft lullaby and gently touched his face. His father lectured him but hugged him in the end after he did something wrong.

 

Feel again the loss of all… Yes Donghae had shed unstoppable tears.

 

Feel again the anger… Yes Donghae had screamed at the top of his lung.

 

Feel again the hatred… Yes Donghae had cursed uncountable times.

 

Revenge! The time has come. Revenge!

 

Abruptly Donghae opened his eyes. It’s dawning.

 

……

 

Normally human hearts are well guarded, by love, by trust. But when those are broken, the demon could enter through the crevices.

 

……

 

After he was injured, Kyuhyun struggled back to his own chamber. At times he was almost crawling. He had weighted his options. Though he wished he could stay by His Majesty’s side, he knew he’s too weak to do anything.

 

Once he reached his own chamber, Kyuhyun ordered his assassins to guard His Majesty’s chamber securely, and to hunt down Donghae as soon as possible. Once Donghae was located, kill him at the spot.

 

The second best alchemist had tended to Kyuhyun. The royal assassin was weak due to severe blood loss. But there’s no life threatening injury made. Hearing that Kyuhyun dismissed everybody. He had to rest. He had to recover fast.

 

Knocks at the door disrupted Kyuhyun’s sleep. As he sat up dizziness hit him. Gripping the bed’s headboard to steady himself, Kyuhyun saw his most trusted alchemist enter. “What’s the matter?”

 

“His Majesty just ordered us to bring Donghae to the royal chamber.” The second in command replied.

 

Kyuhyun frowned right away. There’s a sour taste in his mouth. “Have you found him?”

 

The second in command shook his head.

 

“Find him quickly. And kill him.” At that Kyuhyun waved his hand dismissively. He had to concentrate back on recovering.

 

Yet his alchemist didn’t retreat at once. “… Kill him?”

 

“Yes kill him.” This time Kyuhyun stressed on the word “kill”.

 

At that Kyuhyun’s most trusted alchemist left the room. It’s confirmed. The chief alchemist’s not following His Majesty’s command.

 

Kyuhyun lay back down. He realized both his fists were clenched.

 

……

 

In the royal chamber, Eunhyuk had gotten up. Every single part of his body protested. Yet His Majesty’s convinced that some movement would do his body good.

 

Knocks at the door.

 

Immediately His Majesty’s heart was awaken. Immediately Eunhyuk turned around.

 

Somehow His Majesty knew. It’s Donghae.

 

 

--------------------------------

A/N: It's been a while!! How are you all? I was busy lately and for some time I couldn't find the energy to write. But no worries!!! The passion is back and I'm so happy to write again!!! ^_____________^

A/N2: I hope you enjoy this chapter. Has anybody been to SS5 already?