SAVE HIM!

In the Name of Love

Kyuhyun had no idea how much time had passed… when he was awakened by… a weird feeling. The unexplainable tingling sensation in his gut, that something’s wrong.

 

Something’s wrong.

 

In addition to weird, the feeling was awful. Something’s terribly wrong.

 

The chief alchemist opened his eyes. He found himself in his own chamber, in his own bed. He saw the second in command standing by his bed.

 

All was right except that expression the second in command was wearing.

 

Kyuhyun sat up straight right away. Right at that instant the chief alchemist felt the poison in his blood. It’s a mild poison not capable of killing, but perfectly effective for taming even the fiercest predator. He was dizzy and he’s panting already. He tried to conjure up his alchemistic power but failed. He glared at his second in command. “What… Why?”

 

The second in command bowed, humbly and obediently. “Chief. You have committed an offence. I apologize for what I had to do to you.”

 

“Offence?! How dare you?” Kyuhyun was sweating. It’s the most ridiculous thing on earth that he, the chief alchemist, would have committed an offence in this Kingdom. His Majesty’s Kingdom! How dare someone ever think about that?!

 

Again the second in command bowed. “His Majesty’s order was to bring Donghae to the royal chamber.”

 

……

 

Stunned, Kyuhyun sat perfectly still. Realization finally penetrated into his head. He sighed and closed his eyes. He choked back the word “Idiot”. The second in command did what he should do. Kyuhyun, the chief alchemist, violated His Majesty’s order. Kyuhyun ordered to kill Donghae, ignoring what His Majesty had said. He himself was an idiot.

 

Maybe His Majesty was an idiot.

 

All of a sudden Kyuhyun gasped and tensed up. “Where is Donghae?”

 

“In the royal chamber.” While the second in command responded calmly, Kyuhyun literally jumped out of his bed… and fell onto the floor. The second in command caught him.

 

“Quickly! Bring me to the royal chamber! Quickly!” The chief alchemist ordered.

 

If the royal alchemist had committed an offence, he was to be locked up and wait for the verdict from His Majesty. That’s why the second in command, upon hearing Kyuhyun, hesitated.

 

“DONGHAE IS A THREAT TO HIS MAJESTY!!! And I will ask His Majesty for my own verdict!” The severity on Kyuhyun’s face set the second in command immediately to work.

 

And when his alchemist was busy fetching Kyuhyun’s cloak, getting the chief alchemist ready, Kyuhyun swiftly slipped an antidote into his mouth.

 

……

 

At the doors of the royal chamber, before the royal alchemist could manage to knock, His Majesty’s scream pierced through the air and shook Kyuhyun’s heart. Without wasting another second he shoved the chamber doors open.

 

What cast into Kyuhyun’s eyes… made his heart drop… and stop.

 

No…

 

Blood. A lot of blood… on His Majesty’s bed…

 

NO!!!!!

 

Trying every might to hold back his tears, the royal alchemist rushed forward.

 

In that bed were two figures. One was twisting in pain. One was trembling with disbelief.

 

Kyuhyun immediately pulled His Majesty out of his bed and away from the threat. All other alchemists darted towards Donghae with all sorts of fatal alchemistic spells ready.

 

“NO! STOP!!!!!”

 

His Majesty squealed at the top of his lung. Kyuhyun frowned, noticing the wobbling in His Majesty’s voice.

 

And His Majesty was shivering as he gave his next command. “SAVE HIM! I ORDER YOU TO SAVE HIM!!!!”

 

Frown between the royal alchemist’s brows deepened. His Majesty’s voice was not only shaking. It’s dripping with desperation.

 

Upon hearing His Majesty, other alchemists immediately set to work and tended to Donghae. Blood was still surging out from his chest. Donghae’s face was as pale as snow. He’s struggling to breathe through shallow gasps. His limbs were contorting in pain. His eyes, hollow without focus, were staring into the ceiling, into nothing.

 

His Majesty was… intact. Kyuhyun heaved a sigh of relief.

 

……

 

Let’s recall what happened when Donghae first met His Majesty and the royal alchemist. At that time Donghae had no idea there’s magic in his blood. He was still studying alchemy.

 

Donghae was in the crowd when he saw Eunhyuk His Majesty and Kyuhyun the royal alchemist enter the city on a chariot. Someone was trying to assassinate the two by shooting arrows at them. Kyuhyun blocked the arrow aimed at him by conjuring up a metal shield out of thin air.

 

Donghae was awed, as that was a demonstration of very strong alchemistic power.

 

Donghae had never succeeded in making metal out of air.

 

So when poor Donghae was imagining doing this in His Majesty’s bed, even when he was actually casting the alchemistic spell, Donghae was expecting it to fail.

 

But he succeeded this time… because the magic in him had been woken up… without Donghae knowing. Once the magical currents had been set off, magicians had enough power to cast any alchemistic spell.

 

When unexpected searing pain was sweeping through his chest, Donghae was so shocked he abruptly halted the spell. That was before the metal sword could grow long enough to penetrate himself and touch His Majesty.

 

Still, that left Donghae heavily wounded.

 

… and His Majesty severely shocked.

 

……

 

Kyuhyun was tempted to disobey His Majesty again, as Donghae was lying there on the verge of life and death. He very much wanted to go ahead and finish Donghae fast… before His Majesty could intervene.

 

He didn’t do it because… he knew perfectly well that it wouldn’t ultimately save His Majesty. If he killed Donghae now, His Majesty wouldn’t hesitate the slightest to finish Kyuhyun. And then without any cure, His Majesty would eventually die.

 

Kyuhyun’s pressing task on hand was to find the cure for that deadly venom lurking in His Majesty’s body. Clenching his fists, Kyuhyun silently watched his own team of alchemists work diligently to revive Donghae.

 

The alchemists in the Kingdom were no morons. Donghae was well taken care off, well rescued from the portal of death. Before leaving the royal chamber, the chief alchemist took a final look at the soundly sleeping Donghae, to make sure that Donghae wouldn’t recover too quickly.

 

That taming poison Kyuhyun himself just experienced, was well suited for the job.

 

That even earned Kyuhyun the ticket to the royal chamber every day, since His Majesty had ordered him to tend to Donghae daily. And that’s at the same time the verdict to Kyuhyun’s earlier offence. If Kyuhyun could see to it that Donghae recovered within ten days, all would be forgotten.

 

Donghae’s that important to His Majesty…

 

On his way back to his own chamber, Kyuhyun’s mouth felt dry and sour and bitter… chewing the thought... Donghae’s that important to His Majesty…

 

Kyuhyun would make sure that Donghae didn’t recover until ten days later…

 

……

 

Donghae’s like a bomb. Nobody, not even Donghae himself, knew what he’s capable of. What’s worse, not even Donghae himself had control over what he’d be doing.

 

Well. Maybe Eunhyuk His Majesty could glimpse certain fragments of the situation. But he didn’t care.

……

 

Tranquil silver moonlight cast into the royal chamber, onto Donghae’s face, at which Eunhyuk His Majesty was gazing. His Majesty’s fingers gently played with Donghae’s hair, which was shining off the silver moonlight.

 

“Don’t do that again please… it pained me so much… do you know…?” Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hand. He could feel the magic flowing in Donghae. It’s like completing a circuit. Magical currents flowed in their bodies, echoing each other, embracing, intertwining each other.

 

Eunhyuk immersed himself in Donghae’s beauty. His eyes scrutinized every single inch of Donghae’s angelic face. The cheeks so soft like they were inviting you to caress. The eyes so innocent like they were casting a spell to elicit love from you. The lips so flawlessly curved… like they were begging you to…

 

Silently His Majesty pressed his own lips onto those of Donghae. Lovingly Eunhyuk tasted those lips. So sweet… so exhilarating… This was something His Majesty had never experienced before. The joy of cherishing someone… wholeheartedly… freely… without fear… holding nothing back…

 

There’s just no need to worry about getting hurt.

 

His Majesty didn’t see. Donghae’s cheeks were tinged red.

 

The kiss kindled dreams in Donghae. Donghae’s devoured by another wave of bliss...

 

Another wave of guilt…

 

The battle in Donghae was triggered again.

 

 

-----------------------------

A/N: Didn't really move the story along v much... >___<

A/N2: A new ending to this story has come to me! I think it's a good one!! I will work on it!!!

A/N3: 2013 is coming to an end. Wish you all a happy new year!!!