The Ultimate Answer

In the Name of Love

 

I speak on behalf of God Alpha and Kingdom Philadelphia. Give me and my people back the land we rightfully own. And give us your words in the form of a treaty that no war shall happen between our Kingdoms going forward.

~Princess Mina ~ Kingdom Philadelphia ~

 

The letter sat on the grand table in His Majesty’s chamber. Eunhyuk sneered upon reading it. There’s no room for discussion. Eunhyuk wouldn’t agree to what Mina requested.

 

Instead His Majesty was thinking about 2 other things.

 

Number one. What did Jiro want? That’s not difficult to guess. A smirk crept onto Eunhyuk’s face when he realized… that he held the cards… and the game’s just too easy to play.

 

Number two. This was more difficult. Who was Donghae to him? Why did he want to get Donghae back? Of course it was a slap on his face that Jiro abducted Donghae right from his very own quarter. Yet Eunhyuk knew it too well that it’s not merely ego that’s tingling inside him.

 

Why did he want to bring Donghae back?

 

Because Donghae could cast magic? And had to be killed? Um… No.

 

Eunhyuk missed something. What was that?

 

The fun of teasing Donghae? Maybe but he could easily find another toy.

 

The satisfaction he got from Donghae’s total submission? Lips of His Majesty curled. Definitely he missed that. He wanted that. Yet there were many others out there who submitted to His Majesty. What made Donghae special?

 

The exhilarating music? The warmth Donghae’s body provided? Oh yes Eunhyuk loved that. He was addicted. By just recalling those moments thrills were boiling up his blood. Pace of his breathing increased. Without him realizing Eunhyuk was his lips. However no this was not the ultimate answer.

 

The sincere love from Donghae? For sure this was something Eunhyuk couldn’t get from anybody else. That Donghae was innocent enough to pledge his love, offer his heart before his feelings could get echoed. Donghae was far from knowing Eunhyuk deeply. But Donghae at least knew His Majesty was fierce and cold and was a dangerous heart breaker. His Majesty couldn’t help his smile… thinking about Donghae’s love-blindness.

 

Still this was not the ultimate answer… because it’s just a dream. It wouldn’t last. What’s the point of getting Donghae back… and allowing his heart to be stabbed… when Donghae learnt the truth? When Donghae hated Eunhyuk to his bones and withdrew all his love?

 

His heart ached inside him. His Majesty clenched his fists. Eunhyuk looked up and closed his eyes. At that instant, His Majesty knew the ultimate answer.

 

His Majesty wanted the ultimate answer.

 

He wanted to know if Donghae would still love him after that. He hoped Donghae would still love him after that.

 

Eunhyuk had always been cautious. He didn’t allow himself to love. He had been desperately clutching his own heart, making sure nobody would have it. He believed that would render him in an inferior position.

 

He almost loved that person. Maybe he did in the end… Maybe that’s the reason after all…

 

Eunhyuk knew that person didn’t really love him. It’s not the real Eunhyuk that person loved. Eunhyuk saw through him. When he decided to seduce that person Eunhyuk put on the cloak, wore the mask to portray that person’s ideal lover. Eunhyuk was not himself in front of that person. And that person also didn’t know Eunhyuk.

 

But Donghae was different. It was hard for Eunhyuk to believe love like that actually existed. In front of Donghae, Eunhyuk didn’t bother to hide his arrogant and cold and cruel self. He teased Donghae. He broke his heart. Not just that he toyed with his heart. He hurt him. And Donghae was stubborn enough to cling to that something called love. That’s complete stupidity. Absurdity.

 

Nevertheless that’s exactly what Eunhyuk wanted. Either he didn’t love at all. Or he rewarded the perfect love. Unconditional. Unreserved. Not calculating. Not fearing. Not asking for anything back. Naïve. Foolish. Pure. Gleaming. Precious. Beautiful.

 

Only in front of such love, Eunhyuk would offer his heart. He promised. If not even the brutal truth could prove to be too difficult a test; Eunhyuk would never, ever let Donghae go. He would love Donghae back. And nothing would separate them from one another going forward.

 

Eunhyuk promised himself.

 

Love… was a powerful weapon…

 

……

 

Donghae was scared… and bewildered.

 

He’s again bound by some invisible ropes. Just like the day when chief alchemist Kyuhyun captured him, Donghae couldn’t move.

 

And again similar to the day when he was brought to the palace, he was facing a magician and an alchemist.

 

A girl was wearing a robe, one worn by magicians, in royal purple color. The girl was sitting and behind her stood the unknown visitor who kidnapped him.

 

Donghae thought it’s due to the magic in his blood he’s being captured. He gulped and got ready to speak. Before he could say a word the girl spoke. “I know you’re a magician. That means your Kingdom, like mine, was also brought down by Kingdom Omega. What’s your Kingdom?”

 

Donghae got even more confused. He frowned and swallowed whatever he’s planning to say.

 

While Donghae didn’t answer Mina continued. “We share the same enemy. Remember who laid siege to your cities. Remember who slaughtered your people, killed your family. Their blood is calling out to us. We have to avenge them. I am Mina from Kingdom Philadelphia. I hope you can join us.”

 

Donghae gasped and widened his eyes… when Mina took her necklace out. That pendant looked awfully familiar. He had seen something like that. He once had something like that...

 

The next instant Donghae was heaving uncontrollably. He squeezed his eyes shut. His head was terribly aching. Something was screaming inside. That something’s claws were scratching his skull. Images kept flooding into and flashing in his mind.

 

Shocked both Mina and Jiro rushed to tend to Donghae. Their concern filled eyes were his last vision before Donghae fainted.

 

……

 

Magic came from either God Alpha or God Omega. All royal bloodlines honored their Gods. And all royal family members wore the necklaces with either α or Ω as pendants. Colors of the necklaces followed the Kingdom’s colors.

 

Kingdom Alpha – White

 

Kingdom Omega – Black

 

Kingdom Philadelphia – Purple

 

… etc

 

And on the backside of the pendants were their owners’ names engraved.

 

……

 

Donghae was having a dream… a nightmare…

 

He’s scared… very scared…

 

In the beginning everything’s dark.

 

A man’s voice spoke. It’s authoritative. “We have to split up and take separate routes.”

 

A woman’s voice answered. It’s unsteady yet determined. “Yes. Promise me you will keep Donghae save no matter what.”

 

Donghae felt a warm hand rest on his shoulder. The same man spoke again. “Yes. You take care of Donghwa. We will meet again. We surely will!”

 

Donghae felt the hand on his shoulder tremble.

 

And then Donghae could see. An elegant lady in white robe came to kiss his forehead. The white α pendant of her necklace flashed. Tears streamed down Donghae’s cheeks. He wanted to free himself from the man’s grip and hugged the lady tight.

 

The other boy came to take Donghae’s hand. He’s wearing the same white necklace, which was gleaming brightly in this dream. “Donghae!”

 

Donghae squeezed that boy’s hand. “Hyung!”

 

Desperately they were holding each other’s hands. Donghae shook his head. His fingers hurt as the 2 of them were being pulled apart. Originally all their 5 fingers were touching. Then 4. Then 3. Then 2. At the end only their index fingers were holding on to each other... It really hurt.

 

“Donghae!”

 

“Hyung!”

 

……

 

In the middle of the night, the nightmare decided to toss Donghae back to reality. His eyes opened wide, Donghae could hear his heart beating like a drum. Apart from that it’s very quiet.

 

It’s a nightmare. It’s just a nightmare… right…?

 

Lying in bed staring into the ceiling, Donghae couldn’t believe he belonged to a royal, magic bloodline. Or rather… he didn’t want to believe it.

 

His Majesty said there’s magic in his blood. That’s just a misfortune. Or rather… it’s more like a blessing to Donghae…

 

Donghae pouted. He didn’t want this. He didn’t want to have anything to do with these. Magic or royalty or vengeance…

 

Donghae wanted to be a nobody, an ordinary orphan from Sauyu whose only specialty was the magic in his blood so that His Majesty had to keep him by his side.

 

He rolled over. Donghae missed the time when he was in His Majesty’s arms, when he melted under His Majesty’s touch, when he got mesmerized by His Majesty’s gaze, when he grew weak drowned in His Majesty’s kisses…

 

He hated it now that he’s imprisoned in an unknown somewhere by an unknown alchemist and an unknown magician.

 

But wasn’t it the same when His Majesty and his chief alchemist captured him? At that time he didn’t know about the palace. He didn’t know Kyuhyun. He didn’t know Eunhyuk His Majesty.

 

Maybe Donghae would come to like this alchemist and this magician called Mina?

 

Donghae rolled to the other side and hugged himself tight. He pouted even more. No! That’s not possible!

 

Why? What caused Donghae to be helplessly drawn to His Majesty?

 

Seducing eyes? Intoxicating smirk? Tempting lips? Stunning features? Maybe. Those got Donghae hooked at the first place. And now as His Majesty’s image appeared in his head, Donghae’s heart started beating fast.

 

Irresistible charm? Enchanting ruthlessness? Soul-luring arrogance? Mysterious character? Yes. Those got Donghae fallen, got him to admire and worship His Majesty. And now the yearning inside Donghae was growing. His breathing quickened.

 

That His Majesty was the best musician and composer? That His Majesty brought him to heaven nearly every night? Oh absolutely. How much Donghae wanted that. How much he needed that. And His Majesty was the only one who could make him see stars and exclaim in ecstasy while feeling pain. Donghae buried his face in the pillow. He’s badly blushing.

 

But no. Not yet. Something more powerful was at work.

 

The rarely seen tender side of His Majesty. The deeply buried beauty in His Majesty’s heart which proved to be astonishingly dazzling, breath-taking. That’s what Donghae longed for. He wanted to touch Eunhyuk’s heart. He wanted to get close to His Majesty. He wanted to share the kind of intimacy with Eunhyuk that’s so precious it almost felt like unreal.

 

Almost. But not yet. Something even more powerful was there.

 

Donghae bit his lip. The bed sheet creased under his grip… when Donghae realized what that was. He knew the ultimate answer.

 

Donghae wanted the ultimate answer.

 

He wanted to know if His Majesty would love him back. He hoped His Majesty would love him back.

 

Actually Donghae knew it. He let out a bitter smile. The dream was sweet but it was nevertheless a dream. Donghae confessed. Donghae gave his everything. Donghae submitted. Yet His Majesty had never really rewarded him with love.

 

Every time they shared that intimacy Donghae could feel it. It’s actually quite obvious and easy to recognize when their bodies got so acquainted. Something was lacking. His Majesty was holding something back.

 

The intimacy could reach another level. Same applied to the piece of music. The passion, the emotions, the thrills and pleasure could surge to somewhere they had never seen before… if only… His Majesty would grant that missing component.

 

If only His Majesty would add his love to the music… would offer his heart… would cease depriving Donghae from the sweetest water he had always thirsted for…

 

If only…

 

If love was a powerful weapon, the deprivation of it was a dangerous one.

 

 

--------------------

A/N: I'm so busy and tired lately... I'm sorry for updating late!!! Oh and this chapter is so long...

A/N2: The EunHae relationship is so complicated and twisted! Dunno why this chapter had become one which mainly describes their relationship. The story itself didn't flow much here... Hope u can bear w me~~~

A/N3: Hey guys pls visit my profile page and check out my new profile pic!!!! It's Eunhyuk His Majesty for REAL!!!! ^^