Prologue II

In the Name of Love

That’s the biggest mistake he made.

 

He trusted him.

 

What’s even worse he loved him.

 

When finally he saw what kind of person the other really was, he’s already too close. And it’s already too late.

 

He was heart broken. And he had a dear price to pay for his irrevocable mistake.

 

……

 

That person was standing next to him. From the balcony they were overseeing the city. The city was big. And it’s beautiful.

 

Turning his head a little he gave the other a sidelong glance. The morning sun was the gifted painter who perfected and brightened that face so stunning. The soft breeze carrying the scent of spring was the most talented barber who combed that hair so charming. Those fabrics made of silk were the best sculptors who carved that body so flawless and tempting.

 

He didn’t know why. Maybe the other had cast a spell. He shouldn’t be so enchanted; as he himself should be just as stunning, just as charming, just as flawless and just as tempting. Some even said he himself was better and smarter.

 

Their relationship… was one nobody agreed to. It couldn’t be more wrong. Yet at the same time it felt so right. Whatever. He didn’t care what others said about them (actually nobody was saying anything). He didn’t trust them. He trusted this person next to him.

 

In a lovely way the other person turned his head to look at him. The smile was as innocent as one from a kid. The stare was carrying as much love as one from a beloved bride.

 

Tenderly that person came closer and wrapped his arms around him. Timidly the other whispered softly beside his ear. “I love you.”

 

As the other person rested his head on his shoulder, he felt warmth dissolving his whole body.

 

He would do anything for this person.

 

Actually he already did. He went to battles for him. He conspired against others for him. He assassinated for him. He killed and slaughtered (even the weak and powerless) for him.

 

He loved him.

 

And now he knew why the other managed to claim a place so high in his heart. His own hands were stained with innocent blood so thick. His own eyes were contaminated by death and tortures so ruthless. His own soul was buried in sins so unforgivable. This person next to him, beautiful and pure, was the exact opposite.

 

This person was his redemption, his angel. Everything he did, he did it for this person. However dark the crimes he committed, those were to preserve the precious beauty and purity beside him. His own sins were then justified.

 

Gently he that person’s hair. Lovingly he caressed that person’s face. “My dear… I will get everything for you. What do you want next?”

 

To his surprise the other person shook his head. “Anie. You can have the world. I only want you.”

 

Those words, dripping with sincerity, just killed him. I will get everything for you. I will!

 

……

 

Now that he was imprisoned in this dark room he wondered. What happened? He strived his hardest to pore over the clouds saturating his aching head. He clapped his hand onto his forehead. He massaged his temples and closed his eyes.

 

Yesterday night, he faintly remembered, the 2 of them were having romantic moments in their bed. They glued themselves to each other. They whispered sweet talks to each other. They were enjoying each other…

 

Then… there were only blank pages… It’s like his memories were erased…

 

When he opened his eyes again he was welcomed by darkness and chill and pin drop silence; together with severe headache and fatigue and pain.

 

He was doped.

 

He gasped.

 

No! It’s not possible. His angel wouldn’t do this to him. The angel wouldn’t betray him. It’s… not… possible…

 

Really?

 

A click shattered the silence. The iron door was opened. Light flooded into the room.

 

Even though he was still feeling weak, years of battle experience allowed him to stand up right away. He pulled himself together, forced his original hollow eyes to focus. It didn’t require much of his concentration to tell who just entered the room. That silhouette was just too familiar…

 

……

 

All of a sudden the other person fell down on his knees. That left him frozen at the spot. He didn’t expect this.

 

Tears glistened and streamed down those angelic eyes. Sadness crossed that stunning face. Seeing that was like a blade crossing his own heart; like his own heart was bleeding.

 

“What happened my dear…?” Softly he asked.

 

“I’m… I’m… sorry… I’M SORRY!!!!” That beauty and purity was sobbing helplessly. Those delicate hands were trembling and covering that soul capturing face.

 

Naturally he stepped forward and kneeled down in front of that person. Firmly he put his hands on the other’s shoulders. And with a firmer tone he asked again. “What happened?”

 

He’s just too used to protect his angel.

 

Weakly that person collapsed into his strong embrace. Tenderly that person spoke between his sobs. “Y... You… love me… right? Tell… Tell m… me… you… l… love… me…”

 

It was really like a spell. And he’s the helpless victim. He tightened his hug. What actually took place was no longer so important. He would figure that out later. What’s important now was that his dearest was in his arms. And his dearest loved him.

 

In a way he could convey as much love as possible, he spoke. “Of course I love you!”

 

Calm and warmth surrounded them…

 

……

 

only to make him feel the cruel and cold blade better. His eyes widened as he let out a whimper.

 

He was a warrior. His sharpened battle sense should have warned him about that trace of hostility floating in the air.

 

But love had him unarmed. Love had blunted his senses. Trust had him taken off his helmet and armor. He was , drawn close to and made vulnerable in front of his angel. Without him realizing love had granted that power to the other person.

 

Bitter tears rolled down the corners of his eyes.

 

It hurt. The way the cold blade’s tip forced itself into his flesh; the way the sharp blade sliced through his muscles and tendons; the way it cut across his veins and nerves; the way the sword penetrated all the way through into his heart; the way his heart was torn apart and broken… it… really… hurt…

 

What he heard next just twisted the sword further.

 

“Then you surely wouldn’t mind this?” That person kissed him. He could feel the other smirk. Chills were injected into his heart which was already dead…

 

That’s the biggest mistake he made.

 

He trusted him.

 

He even loved him.

 

Now it’s already too late.

 

Love. Could we call it a mistake?

 

He had a dear price to pay. His life.

 

The heart breaker ended the kiss. That indifferent stare, those eyes full of arrogance and ruthlessness were revealed. Those he would never forget.

 

Closing his eyes sighing, he let out a bitter smile. He swore to himself, maybe even to God. When he became a spirit he would hunt this demon down! He would get his revenge! He would not rest in peace until he saw the downfall of this evil hearted person; until this evil heart itself was trampled, shattered to pieces in the cruelest possible way!

 

With his dying breaths he hissed the darkest curses. He glared at the other with eyes full of grudge and hatred and loathing. He made it sure every syllable was clearly spoken before he breathed his last breath. He was very much satisfied seeing the corner of that smirking mouth twitch.

 

Even after death he would see to his vengeance!

 

Onto the cold floor he collapsed.

 

------------------------

A/N: Merry X'mas!!

A/N2: Special thanks to all who subscribed! U really trust me erh? This story is kinda dark. Sorry to bore u w 2 prologues... I BEG UR PATIENCE!! Chapter 1 will be next! There you will hv the characters' names! Oh but u don't hv to wait long I think. As it's X'mas break I should hv time to update soon!! ^^

A/N3: ELFs!! Keep voting for Super Junior in kpowave!! GDA!!!