Eunhyuk My Love

In the Name of Love

 

In a house the whereabouts Donghae didn’t know, Mina confronted him. “So have you decided? Are you with us? Or against us?”

 

Donghae looked away. He gulped before whispering his answer. “Neither.”

 

It’s totally out of Donghae’s imagination that he would be against His Majesty, even though the latter had made him shed tears, shed blood, cracked his heart and refused to truly love him so far.

 

I… love him…

 

Yet Donghae couldn’t think of any reason to be against Mina either.

 

Mina frowned. “You’re an orphan all because of him! Think of your parents, your siblings. Think of all your loved ones!”

 

I… love him…

 

Donghae pouted and remained quiet. What Mina just said might be true. But his feelings towards His Majesty were speaking the loudest in his head.

 

True he was an orphan. So? Donghae didn’t feel upset about it. He was not looked down. He was well loved, well taken care of in the orphanage, whose owner treated Donghae like his own son. He could have lived happily in Sauyu if not for the question constantly lingering in his head.

 

Yes he had dreamed about his parents and his brother lately. Yet he still couldn’t quite accept that those were his memories flushing back. They were far away, not touching him yet. Donghae saw those images but he didn’t feel connected to them.

 

On the other hand memories of His Majesty were so overwhelming, suffocating, breath-taking. They were here at the present, here next to him. Closing his eyes Donghae saw His Majesty smirk, crook his lips, raise his eyebrows, narrow his eyes. He was immediately dazzled by the seducing charm and the glamorous aura. his lips Donghae tasted the exhilarating flavor of the shimmering red, the rapture the wine offered. Straining his ears Donghae heard the piece of music, the heavy breathing, the sharp gasps, violent beating of their hearts, his own uncontrollable moans, His Majesty’s authoritative whispers and commands. Simply breathing Donghae was drowned recalling those hungry kisses, forceful moves and possessive grips. His body temperature surged feeling the sparks those touches kindled, heat of those memories so vivid.

 

Your… Majesty…

 

Donghae was doomed. He belonged to His Majesty. He needed His Majesty. He yearned so much to be devoured by His Majesty.

 

In his chair Donghae couldn’t help it. He’s fidgeting, blushing.

 

Mina was more than confused seeing Donghae like that. “What’s wrong with you? He’s evil!”

 

“No he’s not!” Immediately Donghae glared at Mina, lips tightened, surprised that he’s feeling so angry all of a sudden.

 

“Of course he is. He has killed so many. Even the innocents. I still remember how horrible he was when he tried to kill Nina and me!” Naturally Mina Nina’s hair and softly gazed at her little sister, who was sitting next to her blinking those big innocent eyes.

 

Nina chuckled. “Unnie!!” Then she turned to look at Donghae, raised a finger and pointed at him. “Oppa!! Oppa!!”

 

That calmed the atmosphere. Donghae continued. “Deep inside he’s very gentle and caring.”

 

Mina sighed and rolled her eyes. She knew it’s pointless talking to Donghae further. She finally got it just how hopelessly drunk Donghae was.

 

Donghae saw Mina’s reaction. It actually pained him. There’s an urge in him to defend His Majesty. While he couldn’t convince Mina, he felt very frustrated. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. His heart… is beautiful… beyond description… Just nobody else has seen it…

 

……

 

The door was opened and Jiro stepped in. His neck was bandaged. Startled Mina stood up. “What happened? Are you alright?”

 

Jiro nodded. His eyes swept from one to the other in the house. “He said he’d think about it.”

 

Mina stared at Donghae for some time. “Don’t tell me the 2 of you really love each other. This is…” She shook her head in disbelief. “… just ridiculous…”

 

Upon hearing that Donghae felt a stream of warmth in his heart. Secretly he looked down as his lips curled into a smile. So… His Majesty… loved him…? Maybe…?

 

……

 

Later that evening Jiro announced dinner was ready. When Donghae went to take his seat he saw Mina holding a spoon, smiling at Nina while telling the other to open . “Nina say aaarrrrrr.”

 

“Aaarrrrrr.” Nina smiled adorably and happily followed her sister’s gesture. Smile on Mina’s face widened seeing her little sister enjoying the soup.

 

Jiro smiled as well. “Princess Mina. Is the soup better this time?”

 

“OK let me see.” Mina straightened and quickly took several spoons of the soup. Excitedly she nodded. “It’s really good Jiro! I don’t know you can cook so well!”

 

Hearing that Donghae felt his stomach urging inside. He grabbed the spoon.

 

“Donghae.” Gently Jiro said.

 

Donghae looked up at Jiro, who looked back at him and remained perfectly still.

 

The next instant Donghae shivered. Tears glistened in his eyes… when he heard a clank… followed by 2 thuds…

 

The spoon originally held by Mina had dropped onto the floor. And beside it were Mina and Nina. Dead.

 

“Don’t move.” Jiro’s gaze was cold, freezing cold.

 

……

 

For no idea how long they remained where they were, opposite each other by the table, looking at each other.

 

Jiro didn’t shift his gaze. His mask like face held no emotion. It’s like he’s keeping Donghae still by staring at him.

 

Donghae, on the other hand, had shock and disbelief and question marks all over his face. He wanted to ask why. But he’s so shocked he was rendered speechless. He couldn’t say over the last weeks he had become close to Mina and Nina. Nevertheless… why…?

 

“Good job Jiro.” The voice so familiar rang through the air.

 

Jiro stood up and bowed.

 

Slowly… hesitantly… trembling… Donghae turned his head… and was immediately captured by those eyes again.

 

The darkness was pressing. Behind Donghae, His Majesty tilted his head… and looked down at him.

 

Those eyes… penetrating… frosting… fierce… arrogant… ruthless…

 

Deep inside he’s very gentle and caring…

 

The aura… authoritative… blinding… charming… stunning… breath taking…

 

His heart… is beautiful… beyond description…

 

As if reading his mind, His Majesty smirked.

 

……

 

Again His Majesty was sitting on his throne, elegantly, at ease. The black robe on him was like proudly showing off its darkness. It’s like declaring his power and supremacy.

 

Chief alchemist Kyuhyun was not very happy that Donghae was brought back. He actually wanted to leave the hall to deal with that annoying fellow. Yet His Majesty had his eyes on him. He could only stand beside His Majesty, jaw tightened.

 

Donghae was alone in his room, staring aimlessly out the window. He couldn’t name what he was feeling right now. When he was first brought to the palace, to this room, he was scared and flustered. But then he became addicted and actually wanted to stay. Just then he was abducted and tossed to an unknown place. There he was praying and hoping that he could come back to the palace, to this room, to His Majesty. Now he’s brought back. Yet… he felt weird… something had changed… or was still changing…

 

Jiro stood still in the middle of the hall, head bowed, waiting for His Majesty to speak.

 

His Majesty leaned back in his throne. “You have my words Jiro. Stay here. Make yourself comfortable. A few days later you will see your master.”

 

Jiro dropped onto his hands and knees, his heart pounding inside him. “Thank you!”

 

His Majesty narrowed his eyes. And everyone could feel the chills summoned into the hall. Eunhyuk was waiting.

 

Jiro bit his lip… and reluctantly uttered. “… Your… Majesty…”

 

A satisfied and creepy grin formed on Eunhyuk’s face.

 

……

 

In his chamber, His Majesty stood in front of a portal like mirror. For long he peered at the image. Maybe he was being merciful. Or maybe he’s being cruel. He didn’t want to revive this part of his memory. He could have just killed Jiro. Why did he choose to keep his words?

 

Eunhyuk let out a bitter smile. Tried as he might, he knew. He couldn’t forget that person.

 

Maybe… the best way to get over the past… was to deal with it…

 

It’s time to ask that person to come back.

 

His steps echoed in the chamber, Eunhyuk walked to sit at the grand table. Looking down at a drawer, he clasped the handle in his hand. It took him quite some time to get himself ready. Taking a deep breath, Eunhyuk pulled it open.

 

Inside the drawer there were a mask, a ring, a necklace, and a letter. Eunhyuk didn’t know why he kept them… and had them locked up. As memorials of love? Or pain? He just couldn’t make himself destroy them. It pained him to the core every time. But he couldn’t, or didn’t want to, forget.

 

He started to feel the burn at the back of his throat every time he breathed. Hesitantly yet determinedly Eunhyuk took the letter. As he opened it he closed his eyes. He commanded that no tear should come out.

 

The beginning of the letter read…

 

Eunhyuk, my love, to whom I pour out all my love without regret, whom I regret loving knowing the love would turn to pain and accompany me for the rest of my life…

 

At the same spot on the letter, near that person’s name, a tear stained and blurred those originally gracefully put together, as if attempting to wash the name away… but ended up spreading it out... intensifying… and magnifying it…

 

 

------------------------

A/N: I promise!!! You will meet that person in the next chap!!! Originally I didn't plan to hide his identity for so long...

A/N2: I'm in a rush to go out now so I don't talk much here!! The sun is shining and calling! Enjoy reading!!! Oh and comment pls~~~ hahahaha~~~ ^^