Never Love. Never Receive Love.

In the Name of Love

 

If one wanted to see the angel, one had to get through the devil. If one wanted to rescue the angel, one had to defeat the devil.

 

There’s devil in Eunhyuk. He’s fierce, arrogant, and dangerous. Yet if the devil was sinful, the angel within might be the core of it. Its beauty was glamouring so bright that not even the darkest cloak worn by the devil could conceal it. If it’s not because of the angel in Eunhyuk, not that many people would have been drawn and broken to pieces.

 

The angel seduced. The devil slew.

 

When Eunhyuk smirked, the chill sent shivers down people’s spines. But at the same time, people saw the glimpse of angelic smile hidden beneath. That warmed their hearts. That mesmerized their minds.

 

People sympathized with the angel trapped within Eunhyuk. Many attempted to free it. Few succeeded to get close to it. Before anything could happen, the devil made sure he claimed those stupid victims.

 

……

 

The devil claimed Eunhyuk when he was five.

 

Ever since the twins were born, they were the center of attention. Everyone had their eyes on them. Magicians from other branches of the royal family felt intimidated; and tried all means to get rid of them. Their father spoiled them, gave them whatever they wanted, and was determined to protect them… at all cost.

 

At all cost.

 

Their father started killing his own brothers.

 

That day Hyukjae and Eunhyuk were playing hide-and-seek.

 

After counting to one hundred, Hyukjae turned around in the royal garden. There's no one in sight. Cautiously he strained his antenna of magic and tiptoed around. He had to be careful not to let out too much magic or else Eunhyuk would sense it and run away.

 

No idea how much time had passed. It was long enough to make Hyukjae worry. He had searched all corners in the royal garden. At the end he didn’t bother to conceal his magic anymore. He even called out to Eunhyuk. “OK Eunhyuk. Come out. I admit I lost.”

 

……

 

“Eunhyuk!!”

 

……

 

“Eunhyuk!!”

 

……

 

“Eunhyuk come out! This is not funny!!”

 

……

 

“Eunhyuk!!!!!!”

 

……

 

“Hyukjae.”

 

Hyukjae froze. Hair behind his neck prickled. There’s no mistaking Eunhyuk’s voice. Yet… something was different.

 

Eunhyuk was behind him. Hyukjae knew it. But he was hesitant to turn around. There’s this indescribable creepiness in Eunhyuk’s tone. There’s this heart frosting chill swirling around the figure behind him.

 

As Hyukjae turned around, he shivered.

 

There’s Eunhyuk, staring at him. “Hyukjae.” Face of Eunhyuk was always white, but had never been this pale. His black robe was fluttering in the wind, tinging the surrounding with a mist of darkness.

 

Hyukjae’s heart skipped a beat. Drawing upon the courage in him he walked over to his twin and took Eunhyuk’s hands. “Eunhyuk?”

 

Fingers of Eunhyuk were like ice. “Hyukjae… I saw… Uncle Rubin…”

 

Hyukjae frowned. “Yes…?”

 

Grip of Eunhyuk was like iron. “Uncle Rubin lost his head. It’s rolling on the ground, leaving behind black traces of blood. His eyes were glaring at me. His head was coming towards me. I wanted to run. But I couldn’t. At the end he reached my feet… and his teeth were gritting my robe...”

 

Hyukjae gasped. He shook his head. “No… That’s not possible…”

 

“I saw it Hyukjae. I heard Unble Rubin speak.” Eunhyuk tilted his head and stared at Hyukjae. Suddenly Eunhyuk jerked his hands back.

 

Hyukjae stepped forward. “What is it Eunhyuk?”

 

Abruptly Eunhyuk took a step back. He narrowed his eyes as he spoke. “Uncle Rubin said one day you will kill me.”

 

As Hyukjae looked into Eunhyuk’s eyes he saw his twin was like possessed by a demon. He reached out his hands to grip Eunhyuk’s wrists. “Don’t believe that Eunhyuk!”

 

Eunhyuk struggled. He screamed. His eyes opened wide yet they were hollow. With all his might Eunhyuk fought against Hyukjae, desperately trying to free himself.

 

Hyukjae locked Eunhyuk in his arms. His words were drowned in Eunhyuk’s screams. No matter how hard Eunhyuk struggled Hyukjae didn’t let go. At the end both of them fell down onto the ground. Hyukjae’s eyes squeezed shut when all of a sudden Eunhyuk bit him on the neck.

 

……

 

Tasting blood the devil loosened its grip. Eunhyuk regained enough sense to feel confused.

 

Staring at Eunhyuk’s bewildered expression, Hyukjae asked. “You OK Eunhyuk?”

 

Frowning Eunhyuk looked at the blood trickling down Hyukjae’s neck. Tenderly he placed his hand over the bite mark. As magic worked its way and the stream of warmth flowed from the wound into Hyukjae’s veins, Eunhyuk shifted his eyes and softly glanced at his twin brother.

 

And Eunhyuk let out an angelic smile.

 

That’s disastrous.

 

Gently tracing the jawline of Eunhyuk, Hyukjae said. “You’re so beautiful…”

 

……

 

Since then Eunhyuk saw things other people couldn’t see.

 

He saw fear, jealousy, self-centeredness, greed, hatred, anger, grudge, bloodlust in people’s eyes.

 

He saw schemes, plots, conspiracies, evil plans lurking in the darkest, most hidden corners in people’s hearts.

 

He never saw love.

 

He wondered if it’s simply not there… or that indeed he’s cursed.

 

Though countless people fell for his charm, Eunhyuk didn’t see love in them. They were only obsessed with his beauty. All they wanted was to possess him, enjoy him…

 

……

 

That evening moonlight cast into the chamber onto the bed, coating their perfect, sculpture-like bodies with layers of silver linings. That evening they crossed the line of brotherhood.

 

In between panting Eunhyuk asked. “Hyukjae… do you… really… love me…?”

 

Tightening his hug on his twin Hyukjae assured the other again. “Of course I do. Never doubt that. I’ve gone this far… We’ve gone this far…”

 

Eunhyuk rolled over and stared into Hyukjae’s eyes. “Are you regretting this?”

 

Hyukjae shook his head… before he planted a deep kiss onto Eunhyuk’s lips. “You’re my brother. You’re my twin. But I love you more than that. Way more than that.”

 

Looking down Eunhyuk whispered. “But…”

 

Hyukjae hushed Eunhyuk. “Don’t tell me about the curse again. You’re well loved Eunhyuk. And you’re a lover too good to be true.”

 

Closing his eyes Eunhyuk buried himself deeper in his brother’s embrace. He strived to feel loved. But as he did that he saw Uncle Rubin’s piercing glare, dripping with hatred, flashing with anguish. He heard the curse hissed through clenched teeth, like heart paralyzing whistles from hell.

 

I swear with my blood. I curse with all my grudge.

 

You will live the saddest life. Conspiracies, hatred, fear, wars will never leave you.

You can never love, or else you will lose the battles.

 

You will die the bitterest death. Pain, regret, sorrow, guilt will follow you to your tomb. You can never receive love, or else you will get betrayed.

 

Trust no one, especially your brother, who will kill you one day.

 

Love is not real. Love doesn’t exist.

 

In the name of love I’m telling you the truth. Reality is brutal. The truth will break your heart. When you’re close enough to see a person clearly, you’re already too close.

 

Eunhyuk glanced at Hyukjae who’s already asleep. He tried to look into Hyukjae’s heart. He didn’t see hatred or jealousy or anything as such. However he still couldn’t see love. Shivering Eunhyuk hugged himself tight. He’s scared. Nothing could calm him.

 

The devil whispered again.

 

Never love. Never receive love. Trust no one…

 

Never love. Never receive love. Trust no one…

 

Never love. Never receive love. Trust no one…

 

......

 

 

------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the super late update guys! And thx for your patience! I hope the situation on my side continues to improve and I can live my writing life again!!! Hwaiting!!!

A/N2: I've written a one-shot earlier. Here. Hope you like it!!

A/N3: I will try to catch up. But guess I'll be slow in replying to messages and wall posts. Sorry about that but indeed I read them all and really appreciate your support!!!