Chapter 6: Dancing with the Devil

To love or to not ?

Chapter 6: Dancing with the Devil

 YURI’S POV:

    Finally it was time for the party.I took out the best dress I had ,making sure that Kaeun was wearing the same colour only to ensure we look stunning as a couple. I wore the dress and also my accessories. I look into the mirror as I admired myself. As expected,I look stunning. The dress accompanied my curves well. I truly was dressed to kill. I texted Kaeun,asking her if she was ready. She answered with a short yes. I went out of my house not forgetting my purse and entered my car. I picked up Kaeun at her house as we promised before. She got outside the house looking as stunning as ever.If I weren’t in love with Jessica,I’m sure that I would fall for her.It’s also a good thing that we matched our clothes,making us look good as a couple.I got out of the car and opened the door of the car for her like a gentlewomen. She thanked me as she shyly got in the car.We instantly drove off soon after. We arrived at the club that the party was held. Many people were already there,partying. I asked Kaeun to wait for me at the bar.I went off to search for Jeesica.


JESSICA ‘S POV:

   I texted Tyler asking him to accompany me to the company's annual dinner. He agreed to my offer instantly. Who wouldn't want to be my date on these kind of events ? They were going to get free publicity anyways. I wore a revealing dress on purpose,making sure that I was revealing enough skin. I took out some accessories and put it on,making sure that it would make my dress stand out more. I looked at the mirror admiring myself,making sure that I was alluring enough.  After I was done,I got out of the house only to see Tyler already waiting in the car. I went to the car and got in.


“ Hey,you look beautiful” Tyler said the moment he saw Jessica.
“ As usual” I answered. We then drove off in silence until we reached the party. The moment I arrived,there was a red carpet ready for me. Being the ceo of the company,of course my arrival should be as glamorous.I walked down the red carpet alongside with my date.My arms linked with his as I was walking as proud as I can be. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me but it doesn’t matter as the person that I want to look at me is not. 

YURI’S POV:

     I heard one of the directors called everyone to line up to greet the Jessica. Although I didn't want to ,I had to. I don't want everyone to think that we are not on good terms even though we are. I  involuntary went to stand by the red carpet. I stood next to Kaeun,making sure  that I was standing close enough as I put my hands on her waist,which she didn't seem to mind. She just smiled shyly towards me. I saw Jessica got  off the car with the guy that I saw her with the other day. I looked away and faced Kaeun,looking away from the painful view. The sight of them together was making me sick. I faced Kaeun while smiling as I softly whispered “ Doesn't that guy looks like a lizard ?” which earned some chuckles from her. He was ugly in my eyes,maybe beyond that. “ He does “ I heard her replied back. We were chuckling together when I saw Jessica eyes lingers on us. She was smiling but I can clearly see the disappointment in her eyes over the fact that I wasn't looking at her.


     The party continued, they were many people getting drunk on the dance floor. Me and Kaeun was sitting by the bar as we were drinking and chatting. Pretty sure because she was too shy to ask me to dance with her. I was enjoying myself as she was a very entertaining person when suddenly I felt someone touched my shoulders. 
“ Hey” I heard the owner of the hand on my shoulders said. 
“ Hello Miss Jung” I heard Kaeun said she bowed. ‘ well well if it isn’t Jessica the ’ I mentally said.
“ Oh please,just call me Jessica. You must be Kaeun right ? Jessica said.
“ yes” I heard Kaeun answered.
“ I heard a lot of you from Yuri” I saw she said while looking at me which I avoided eye contact. “ Ah..dae” I saw Kaeun blushed at Jessica’s statement.
“ I’m sure you wouldn't mind me borrowing Yuri for a while” Jessica said while looking at me. “ umm…..” I quickly cut Kaeun before she answers. “ I’m sure Kaeun wouldn't want her date to not be around “ I said finally said looking at Jessica empathising the word date earning a glare from her. “ well you can say that” I heard Kaeun said as she too looked at Jessica. 
Jessica was at a dead end as she couldn't find a way to snatch me back. “ well then,enjoy your party” I heard her said with a smile as she walk back into the Vip zone. I’m sure that smile wasn't sincere and was forced. I’m sure that she was beyond angry and frustrated. I smirked at the victory I was getting.


JESSICA’S POV:

     I was really mad by Yuri’s actions towards me and even madder over the fact that the was playing  along with her. ‘ You’re seriously going to get it from me Yuri.I’m going to make you beg for me’ I thought to myself as I made my way to the VIP zone.  I saw Tyler chatting with the other directors at the VIP section. I asked him to join me on the dance floor as I pulled him along to the dance floor. I stood up on the stage along with him. I held his hand as I took the mic. The music stopped as I spoke through the mic “ I would like to happily announce that I’m dating Tyler”  I heard the crowd cheered except for one girl sitting at the bar with a dark expression on her face. Tyler was taken back but decided to play along as I felt his lips on mine ,vigorously kissing me soon after. 

YURI ‘S POV:
 
    I was talking with Kaeun,enjoying her presence when I suddenly heard Jessica’s voice speaking through the mic. I looked at the stage direction only to see her with that lizard looking man.They were holding hands. It didn't take a genius to know what she was going to do. “I would like to happily announce that I’m dating Tyler” I heard her announced. My heart dropped even though I knew that she would do that. Maybe because there is a small part of me that hopes that she wouldn't go that far.I can’t control my obvious face maybe because my heart was truly hurt.. The way she was smirking at my reaction was making it more obvious. I look at the way that man kissed her vigorously. It hurts ,it hurts so damn bad that I have no choice but to look away. I’m sure she wouldn't notice it anyway,they were busy eating each other faces anyway. I excused myself from Kaeun to get some fresh air outside the club. My thoughts were getting foggy the more I stay in there.The feeling of my lungs suffocating is not helping either. 


      I took some deep breaths as I look at the dark sky. I knew the consequences of my actions.So,why am I regretting it now ? I played with fire and I got my fingers burned. 


I guess I was never strong behind my defence. I felt a hand touch my left shoulder. I was welcomed by the sight of Kaeun smiling sadly towards me. I guess she knows.It doesn't take a genius to figure out my feelings for Jessica. It was like an obvious fact buried by silence. 

“ I would want to be alone now” I said to her while looking up to the dark sky. She was still there the moment I turned around after a while. She too was looking at the sky like me.
“ I’m not dumb you know” I heard her said after a moment of silence.
“ I know you’re using me”’she added finally looking at me. I was taken a back by her sudden statement. I looked down in disappointment. I just realised how low I was to use someone as kind as her for my selfish needs. 
“ But I’m not mad. I don't mind being used by you.” She added again this time holding my hand. I look up and our eyes met. “ I’m just mad that you’re giving up  because she announced that she is dating that guy.It’s not like they’re married” she said.
“ What should I do ?” I asked her, finally speaking.
“ First,we need to get you really drunk” I heard her said before pulling me up along with her into the club again.


 What happened next was blurry. All I remembered was me drinking and drinking again until I got really drunk. Then,I remembered us dancing on the floor. Our body grinding against each other. I would see Kaeun constantly glancing at the other side of the dance floor. Not that I can actually see clearly. I was too drunk to notice anything other than Kaeun body against mine and hammering music around me. I just went along with the rhythm of the music,moving my body along the music. Alongside responding to Kaeun constant over reacting skinships. 


      From a far,I could see a figure approaching  us. Even in the drunk state I was ,I could recognise that it was Jessica walking towards us. Her face showing a disgusted expression.
I smirk as I can recognise  the reason for that expression. The moment that she was close enough ,I held Kaeun’s neck ,slowly closing our distance. I could her smirk at back at me before I kissed her roughly. She kissed me back just as rough as she encircled her arms around my neck. ‘In your face Jessica’ I thought to myself as I kissed Kaeun deeper. We kissed for a while until we pulled away ,panting. I looked around only to see her gone from my view.That’s when I I finally knew that have won in the game that I have always lost. 
“ Seem like you did well this time” I heard Kaeun whispered into my ears. “ Thanks to you” I said drunkenly while smirking.
 

__________________________________________

Relax guys,the fun hasn't begun. Look forward to the next chapters 😏