Chapter 16:Love is Smiling

To love or to not ?

YURI’S POV:

I can’t see it. No matter how much I squinted my eyes, I still can’t see it. Was it because the road in front of me was too blurry or was I the only one too blind? I was at the dead end. I had two paths ahead of me. I had a choice to make.

 

My whole body fell on the bed as I gave up in frustration. I hated myself for feeling the same thing but was the choice of my heart really a choice to myself? Was I even being fair to myself? For questioning such basic is already a flaw. How much more am I going to ask myself? If I were going for the choice of my heart would it be fair to my mind and body?

 

‘Life is surely unfair’ I ruffled my hair in annoyance. I couldn’t choose at the end of the despair. Her hand was out for my reach, why was I reluctant? It didn’t feel right to force her into such scary decisions.

Was I even fair to her when I made an optimum? Most importantly, was I being too greedy on this lonely road to her heart? I for once in my life felt guilty.

 

“Only time will tell” Mother had always told me that in times of sadness. Did time actually helped her? She never waited it out to tell. She left just like the wind. Just like that everything fell apart, my world, my life and the person I loved the most, my father. No matter how much I tried erasing the image of my father’s face when he hung himself the night that he died, I just couldn’t. That sadness in his eyes was too much. The look he gave me before he gave up breathing was too horrifying that I couldn’t breathe. ‘Time will only tear you down’ I suddenly thought to myself.

 

It was then that I finally found the answer. Time apart from her would only make me feel worse. I need her no matter how much I try to deny it. If I truly want her then I would be willing to wait a thousand years because that was true love. A feeling without greediness, without guilt and without jealousy. Love had no limits nor doubts. If I wanted to be with her I wouldn’t push her the way I did. Why was I even so obsessed with having a relationship? Why can’t I just treat her well because my heart wants me to do so? I hid my greed behind a beautiful feeling called love. I was only using her to hide my weakness. I oppressed the woman I loved by my greed and yet have the nerve to call it love. This isn’t love, it was my desperation. My fear of dying alone like my father.

 

I ran out of my house the moment I realised it all. My lungs felt like bursting and my feet was starting to ache the faster I went. My heart felt like bursting out of excitement as I made my way to her house. I was finally alive. I finally was brave enough to fight my fears.

 

The moment I arrived at her doorsteps, I felt my heart taking leaps. I pressed on the doorbell as I waited for Jessica to show up. Soon the door began to open. I swung my hands around her the moment she opened the door. I felt her taking a few steps back from the impact of my hug. “Mianae” I whispered near her ear ever so softly. The feeling that came to me the moment I said that finally felt right.

 

JESSICA’S POV:

“Mianae” The familiar voiced whispered ever so softly near my ear. I felt an odd feeling in my stomach as I heard she said that. My heart started beating erratically as I felt her pulling out from the hug to look me in the eyes. Her dark orbs looked into mine.

“I have something to say would you listen to me?” She asked. I could only nod in shock from all this forwardness.

“I have a confession to make and I think you should really know about it.” There was a pregnant pause before she continued.

 

“I don’t know love. What I thought was love all this while was just my obsession and fear. I’m sorry that you had to be the person that I vented my fears and anger on. I shouldn’t have given you an optimum before. I was wrong and I’m truly sorry. You don’t have to be in a relationship with me. I respect your decision. I want to make things right.” She smiled at me and I anticipated her next words.

 

“I’m letting you go Jessica” She said with a smile. My heart broke the moment she said that. My eyes were getting teary as I tried to consume the new information I was getting. I pried her arms from my shoulders before I slapped her face in anger.

 

“I really deserved that” She looked away. I felt guilty as I saw how hurt her eyes were. “I just came by to let you know that. I’ll take my leave then” She said with a gentle smile.

 

“Don’t go” I said more like a whisper but enough for her to hear it as she stopped her motion. She looked back at me as she said “I really don’t deserve you. I’m sorry for even hoping but now I have realised so I’m sorry for the pain I have caused.” She managed to say as she tried to continue leaving me.

 

Time was running out and I knew something had to be done. I ran as I wrapped my arms around her. I held her as tightly as I ever could. In that moment, there was nothing more I could ever want but to just be honest with my heart. I realised that the lies I told myself to avoid me from falling for anyone would only make me lose the most amazing opportunity in life, an opportunity to love. A reason to live my life. A person that loves me more than I could ever love myself.

 

“Don’t leave me” I said once again as I held her close. “I love you” She turned around to face me as she waited for me to continue.

“I always had but I was too blind to see it. So now that I have admitted it, you must take responsibility over stealing my heart.”

 

Yuri started smiling out of nowhere as she held my face. “How am I supposed to take responsibility then?” She said with a cheeky smile and I knew by then I have made the right choice.

“Well for starters, you can kiss me” I said as I faked a stern face with my arms crossed. She pretended to think still humming a short ‘hmm’ before she playfully questioned me “Will it actually work though?”

 

“Yah! Just do it already.” I stomped on her right foot in anger.

“Ouch” She mumbled in pain. “Arraso arraso” She said defeatedly.

She held my face close to hers and I felt her breath gradually coming closer as she closed the gap between our faces. My breath hitched as she planted a kiss on my forehead instead of my lips. ‘Aish this monkey is such a tease’

 

“Yah!” I intended to hit her head when suddenly she held my left arm and kissed me on my lips. Naturally she put my arms around her neck as her arms went to hold my sides. We were engaged in a passionate kiss as she pushed our way back to the door frame. We pulled away gasping for air. “I think I need to go now” She said as she leaned her body partially on the door frame.

 

“Who ever said you’re leaving?” A smirk plastered on Jessica’s face before she pulled Yuri in the door before kicking it shut.