Chapter 23: This means war

To love or to not ?

Yuri’s POV:

“Is everyone here?” I asked as I loaded the guns in front of me.

“Yup everyone is here” Yoona answered.

“It’s been awhile. I’m sorry for calling you all up at night time like this. I have a problem and it’s concerning the love of my life.”

“No problem. I do have to say it’s nice to have these kind of operations again. I miss our old days at the camp. I’m glad you called us all up Yuri. I have been dying for some action.” Hyoyeon said.

“Yeah don’t worry. We are always glad to help you. We are a team remember.” Sooyoung said while patting my back.”

“Okay, gather up guys! Here’s the plan.” I commanded my team.

“Yoona I want you to hack the main building and let us gain access. Next, I want Sooyoung to be in charge with the CCTV, shut all CCTV and make sure none of us is caught. Our main mission is to check whether Jessica is in that building or not. I would be going into Mr Jung’s office to set our trap, make sure you install a camera and voice recorder on me. There is a possibility of us getting caught and going to prison, are you guys still in?”

“Of course pal I’m a Chebol’s daughter. I would gladly bail you all out.” Sooyoung said.

“I trust that brain of yours. You know how to get us out of trouble.” Yoona said.

“We trust you Yuri. We are here to support you always.” Hyoyeon said.

“Let’s head out”

“Leggo!” They all answered in unison.

At the building:

I left Yoona at the car parked somewhere hidden. She was the one controlling all of us because she has the map and tracker.

“Yoon, I’m at the gate. Let me in.” I commanded Yoona.

“East block gate opened.” With a single click the gate was open. Yuri,Hyoyeon and Sooyoung went in.

“Split out guys. I take east, Sooyoung take west and Hyo take north.”

We were all being careful of being caught. We were outnumbered but we have the best teamwork that makes me believe we can do this alive. Soon I reached the 5th floor where Mr Jung’s office is at.

“Yoona get me inside the office.”

“On it. Be careful there are some men on your left side.”

“Noted.” I said while entering the room carefully.

I slowly slid the voice recorder under the table and a video recorder behind one of the plants. My plans were going fine until suddenly I heard the door knob twist. I knew it would be stupid to hide because they would find out anyways. I settled on the chair to make it seem less suspicious and acted like the typical gangster.

“Hello there Mr Jung” I said cockily.

“Oh hello there ex CEO. I was actually looking forward to see you.” He took a seat opposite of me.

‘ that means he knows my plans’

“Let’s get straight to the point Mr Jung. Where is Jessica?”

“Don’t worry she’s safe. I’m her father anyways. Why would I hurt her daughter?”

“Tell me where she is I need to know” I tried talking calmly.

“And if I don’t?” he challenged me.

“You shouldn’t mess with me Mr Jung. I can sometimes be dangerous too.”

“She’s somewhere safe. That’s all that you should know.”

“So you do admit that you kidnapped your child Mr Jung?”

“Well I would not say kidnapped since she is after all my child. I prefer the term taking care of my child. I know who you are Yuri. You are nothing compared to her. What can a loser like you do for my Jessica?” I grinned my teeth out of anger. I knew he was trying to get into my head and I should know better and refrain.

“If I were you, I would stay out of it.” He added.

“And if I don’t?” I challenged.

“Let’s just put it this way. If you don’t stay away, you might be joining your father soon.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“Well I’m just stating a mere fact Yuri. There is no need to panic. You still have time to make the choice and give up.”

“We will see about that.” I said as I stood up.

“I know you hacked into my building. I will take legal actions towards this.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about Mr Jung. I shall be taking my leave now.” I bowed before I left the office.

“Out now” I commanded my team as I exited through the front door.

The moment I reached the car all of my team was there.

“Is Jessica there?”

“No we didn’t find any traces of her but we did put a chip near the phone to copy all needed information. Maybe with that we can find out what happened.” Sooyoung said.

“That’s smart of you. Now no one can link us to the crime.” I patted Sooyoung’s head.

“I guess being bff with lawyers do pay off.” Hyoyeon said.

“It sure did. Now we should just focus on exposing Mr Jung and Tyler while searching for Jessica.”

“Aye aye captain. I’m already working on it.” Yoona said as she typed away on her laptop.

 

The next day:

I couldn’t sleep a wink last night and my mind is very fuzzy. We all slept at Yoona’s house since we need to work together. I was glad to have such amazing friends that supports me all the way. I sure am lucky.

“Any hit Yoona?” I asked her after she woke up. She had dark circles below her eyes and I knew she didn’t get enough sleep.

“Still working on it. I did however found several text messages between Tyler and Jessica on the phone.”

“You should eat breakfast. Thanks for helping me out.” I said as I served her the omelette I cooked.

“No problem.” She said before she ate like a hungry wolf.

I decide to chill at her porch for a change. My mind was clouded. I was mad worried but there is nothing I can do. ‘Just focus Yuri. You can pull this off’ I tried to cheer myself up.

I knew I was playing with fire by playing with all these big company but I know that this is the only way to save Jessica. Even if it meant locking her dad up in prison. Suddenly I thought about Jessica’s sister, Krystal. I tried calling her right away.

“Hello?” I heard her say over the line.

“Hey Krystal this is Yuri. Do you remember me?”

“Of course I do. You are unnie’s unofficial lover. What can I do for you?”

“Jessica is in trouble. I suspect that your dad kidnapped her alongside with Tyler. Can you help me find her?”

“I hate him. He is always so selfish. I hope you lock him up for good.”

“I’ll try my best to”

“Don’t worry Yuri unnie. I will try to find her.”

“Thank you Krystal”

“Just call me Soojung. I should thank you instead for always taking good care of her.”

“Update me if she calls you”

“Wil do unnie bye”

“Bye”

“Yuri ah, I think you need to see this” Yoona said before she led me to her laptop in her study room.

“These text are from Tyler which means we can track him down and know where Jessica is”

“You are right” I said as I read the text.

‘Meet me at my office or I will ruin Yuri. I’m warning you Jessica don’t try anything funny. Make sure you don’t tell anyone.’- Tyler

‘Don’t touch Yuri. I’m on the way’-Jessica

“They must have abducted her at his office. Can you track Tyler’s location?”

“He is somewhere in Seoul at the moment. An old warehouse”

“Track him down and keep an eye on him. We have to come up with a plan. Can you show me what we have recorded?”

“Here” Yoona passed me her iPad that showed videos of what happened yesterday.

In the video:

“Is Jessica with you?” said Mr Jung.

“She is. We already relocate her to the warehouse.” Tyler replied.

“Make sure no one knows about this. I’ll announce the wedding soon. Make sure you are ready.” Mr Jung eyed Tyler.

“I have always been father.”

There was enough proof for the DA to prosecute them for kidnapping Jessica. I was sure of it. However, I was still confused on how to bring both companies down.

“I will call my friend to report this.” I said to Yoona.

“Moonbyul the DA? She was one of your classmates right?”

“Yeah she is well known. She’s the best person to pull this off.”

“Yeah I agree.”

On the phone:

“Hey Moonbyul it’s me Yuri” I said on the line.

“Hey How are you?”

“I’m fine but I need your help. I have footage and proof that Jung Sewon the owner of Jung corporations kidnapped his own daughter. I’m still collecting evidence on his corrupted deals.”

“What do you want from me?” Moonbyul asked seriously.

“I want you to prosecute them. I know you have been on the hunt for Jung Sewon’s corruption. Let’s make a deal. I will help you with that case if you help me with this. ”

“What do you gain from this? These people are dangerous, it is like throwing yourself in fire.”

“I just want my woman safe.”

“What makes you think I would get involved?”

“With this big break on this case you surely will get promoted. I know how competitive you are Byul plus you are a risk taker.” I tried to reason with her.

“Come to my office with your proof.”

“Thanks Byul.”

“Don’t get your hopes up yet Kwon. I still haven’t accepted the deal.”

“Fair enough”

I collected all the proof and went to Moonbyul’s office.

In Moonbyul’s Office:

“What do you got?” She asked the moment I entered her office.

“A video proof of his conversation with his accomplice and his conversation with me.”

“That is strong enough for me to get a warrant. I’ll get my team to track her down.”

“My team and I want to join you.” I suggested.

“It’s dangerous I cannot allow that. Leave it to me. I got this under control. You should focus on getting us proof on his corruption case.”

“We had military training before. I have proof.” I showed her our certificate.

“Please just let me join you?” I begged her.

“Only this time kwon but I don’t allow you to shoot. You understand?” She said seriously while poking my chest.

“Loud and clear”

“Let’s get prepared.” We rushed out of her office and went to the courtroom to get the warrant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please leave comments and your thoughts on this fic. We are left with a few more chapters before we come to an end.