CHAPTER 4: Heart Miles

To love or to not ?

Listen to this:
Heart miles by Jai waetford

YURI’s P.O.V:
‘The person you calling is not available.’ I heard the voice mail said. She was doing it again.
Disappearing without a trace and like a fool I’m trying to reach to her.It is already the third time this month and how I wish how I can die instead of searching for her. One moment I have her and the next she’s gone. Something so far yet so close.Something that  intoxicates me but so damn complicated.She gives me a slight of hope only to crush it the next moment. Maybe having her is really an impossibility.Maybe I was just naïve to think that she might change. But what can I do now ? I’m way in too deep to pull myself away.God knows how much I love her.My tears are the evidence of my strong love. Dialling,dialling and dialling again only for my efforts to be wasted.Aware of what kind of fool I am but I can never seem to stop. Maybe that’s why she can easily play with my feelings.She’s gone for a while only to come back like nothing ever happened. Like everything is just a vivid dream. Just a nightmare of mine.

    ‘What is she to me ?’the question that bothers me.She is An obvious obsession or maybe a forbidden fruit that haunts me.My nights are empty and lonely, only filled with unanswered calls and tears unless it’s with her. Tonight again,Jessica made a girl lonely without remorse.
  
    The next morning came,my calls are still unanswered.It has been 3 days but still there is no sign of her.I miss her to the point of dying. How my heart aches on every heartbeat without her.But still life goes on,without a stop.
      It kills me every morning to wake up without knowing where she is. My systems are failing without her. It breaks me down all the time knowing she is somewhere out there having fun in another’s arms.I drove my car faster to the office in case she comes back.The moment my foot touched the grounds ,I ran to her office in case she shows up.

   The moment I open the door,I was welcomed by the sight of her. Oh how much I have longed for her.I ran towards her only to wrap my arms around her. “ I missed you” I said more like a whisper but I know that she can hear me.I caved in the moment she wrap me in her arms. All my longing and hatred cured within seconds.My only missing piece finally found.
“ where were you ?” I asked pulling away while looking at her.
“ Somewhere,you don’t have to know.I’m back and that is all that matters right.”She said with a smile ever sweetly while looking at my lips. The fact that she said that her whereabouts is not important for me to know annoys me. She was about to pull me in for a kiss before I pulled away from the hug.
“ I better go back to work” I said while pulling away. I know that she noticed the bitterness within my tone.She knew that I was angry.She had always been smart anyways. She quickly pulled my head and collided our lips.I didn’t respond at first because if I did then I have lost. She pulled my head closer,trapping me within her touch. My mind was fortified but not my heart.It was obvious that I wasn’t ready for the sudden kiss but my body have lost to this sinful desire.I replied back her kiss just as passionate.She smirk upon her victory.She tilted her head to deepen the kiss. It was a battle of dominance as our tongues dance in it’s own rhythm.

  After that long and passionate kiss,I stare deep into her eyes.As I look into her eyes,I realised that I have lost my way in the streets that i paved.
How can her eyes be filled with love and rejection at the same time.
“ You better get back to work” she said as she looked away and went back to her seat turning cold again. 
“ I rather not” I said as I made my way to sit on her table ignoring the sudden changes within her tone. 
“ just because you’re ing the boss doesn’t mean I can’t fire you,Kwon” she said in annoyance.
“ So be it,I missed you too much” I said as I took her hand in mine as I sat opposite her. “ Do whatever you want because I’m doing mine” she said as she pulled her hand away from mine and proceeded with her work. I ignored the hurt I felt in my heart as I continued to admire her.

   A few moments passed before she spoke. “Aren't you tired of staring?”she asked while her eyes were focused on the document in hand.
“ Not when it comes to you” I said with a smirk.
“ Would you go if I genuinely ask you to ?” She asked as she finally looked at me.
“ Depends” i answered looking around flustered by the sudden change in her attitude.She usually would ignore me until I stood up myself.I guess there must be something bothering her mind.
“ Kwon seobang,can you please go back to your office ?” She asked cutely.
I could feel my cheeks burning at her sudden aegyo. She had always had her ways with me.
“ okey” I said while I stood up,trying my best not to push her buttons.She was already being kind enough today,A sight rarely seen.
“ Sica” I called her.She then looked at me. “ I love you” I added with a genuine smile before closing the door only hearing her answer with a short “hmm…”

Jessica’s pov:

“ Sica” I heard her call me. I looked at her.She had the most caring eyes I have ever seen. “ I love you” she added with the most gentle and genuine tone before she went out. Is she ever tired of saying that me ?
She knows that I won’t require her feelings but still she keeps on putting effort for me. She lets me control her like a doll.Ever swiftly moving by my request.Like I am something she worships.But then everything would change the moment she breaks down.I am suddenly the devil she longs for.
Each and every flaw of mine is suddenly judged. The love she feels for me suddenly turns to resentment. It was truly driving me insane. 

   I have long realised that this was more then an obsession.Just like a chemical chemically imbalanced.We explode the moment we collide.She is sick but I can’t say that I am not.How she see’s me as distant but in reality I have to keep my distance.Not because of my own selfish reasons but because of the fear I have of getting too close.The responsibility that I have to take if I surrender myself to her is too burdening. Too oppressive for me.

 

Lunch time:

Yuri’s pov:
It was finally lunch time,I text Jessica asking her if she where she wants to have lunch. She texted back rejecting my offer ,saying that she has another appointment. She usually would have lunch with me but today it’s different.Even her character is off,like there is something bothering her mind.

     Her mind,something that I can never read. Therefore,in moments like this, I fear.I fear of what she might do.It scares me to death when she acts out of her routine.I was walking out of the office when I saw Jessica entering a black unknown car. I was about to take my car to follow that car until I heard someone calling me.
 “ Miss Kwon,are you going for lunch ?”the woman asked.
‘Good timing,now I can follow that car and not seem suspicious.
“ Dae kaeun shi,would you like to join me ?” Yuri asked.
“ Sure why not” Kaeun answered oblivious of Yuri’s true intentions.
“ Let’s take my car then” Yuri said as she led the way to her car.

  The moment she entered the car ,she drove off in a high speed to catch up to the unknown car.
“ Do you usually drive this fast miss kwon ?” Kaeun asked as she was surprised by the speed  Yuri was going.
“ I hate wasting my time so I tend to drive fast.I hope you don’t mind” i said while faking a smile.
“ aniyo” she answered in defence.

   The rest of the trip was silent as I was focused on chasing the black car.I can sense that she was staring at me while I was driving.From my senses ,I can feel that she likes me.Not that I can actually require those feelings.
What is the point of acknowledging it anyway ? It was something impossible anyways.My heart was taken anyways and Held hostage by a sadist owner.There was nothing that I can do about it anyways.

    Finally after an hour,the black car finally stopped.I saw them enter a high class restaurant.It was weird how they traveled so far just to go in this restaurant.There are plenty more better high class restaurants in the town area.The fact that this seems like a gate away for both of them is bothering me. I was stuck deep within my train of thoughts when I saw the man got out of the car and opened the door for Jessica like a gentlemen and how she smiled at him sweetly. My eyes followed them until they disappeared into the restaurant when Kaeun suddenly waved her hands in front of me while calling me.
 “ Are we eating here ?” She asked.I was completing whether to investigate more or to just ignore it.
“ Do you know a good restaurant around here ?” I asked.
“ What is wrong with this one ?” She asked.A confused look plastered on her face.
“ umm…I suddenly changed my mind” I answered shortly.

  She led the way without questioning much which I was thankful for.Soon we reached a restaurant near by.I was silent throughout the whole meal,still bothered by the unknown man. ‘Who is he ?’ The question that was bothering me. 

 “ stop frowning,you will get wrinkles that way” Kaeun said playfully.I didn’t even noticed that I was frowning.It was the least of my concern anyways.
I tried to fake a smile to seem fine but failed badly.
“ I can see it all you know.I know something is bothering you” kaeun said like someone who had known me for years.
“ I’m bad at hiding it,right” I said finally giving up on faking it.
“ You can tell me about it.Don’t worry I’m not the gossip type.Your secret is safe with me” Kaeun said with a smile.
“Aniyo,I’m fine really.Just tired” I said trying to avoid talking about my problems.Running away like I always have.The rest of the meal went fine with her not asking about it.Just chatting on some general topics to kill time or should I say to occupy my complicated mind.

   After the meal,I went straight home taking a half day from work just to ease my heart and mind.I stare blankly at the wall.My insides are empty,only to realise that I don’t want to be lonely.I just want to be her’s.In this darkness ,I hope she comes before I fall in pieces.If I can’t have her love,even her presence is enough.But what  can I do now ?
She is having fun with another’s company.She is not mine anyways,why should I care ?

   The fact that I’m loving the thought that she might be the one who gives me everything no one ever could,angers me.By the end of the day ,the only thing that I can do is to beg for her not to hurt.She was drifting away from me,miles away.Like she can actually can go any further then she is from me now.But till the end,I hope that one day our two hearts won’t be miles away like a fool.