Chapter 21: Make it Right

To love or to not ?

Chapter 21:

Jessica’s POV:

“Hey Yoon, how are you?” I woke up to the sound of Yuri’s conversation with someone on the phone. She was spacing around the room as she talked to the unknown person.

“Yeah I’m all good don’t worry”

“Hey I might need your help”

Yuri slowly went of the bedroom and closed the door. It was still early in the morning. I wondered who would call her this early.

It was the last day for us to be in Busan before we went back to Seoul. My heart felt heavy over the weight of the upcoming work and problems we have to face. I was rolling around the bed stretching before I saw Yuri came back to the room.

“Yeah thanks. Love you too Yoon XOXO” I heard she say before ending the call.

“Who was that?”

“Oh nobody special”

“So am I nobody special too since you say you love me too?”

“Well technically that might be true because of the non-existent label between us but then you are the love of my life which makes you special to me.”

“Good morning Princess” She said as she planted a kiss on my forehead.

“We should pack before we run late.” She said as she started packing.

“Are you keeping secrets from me now?” I said as I crossed my arms defensively.

“If I were to be honest, yes I am. However, I do think it is best to keep it a secret for now”

“I don’t like your attitude right now. You better come clean Kwon! Are you cheating on me?”

“What?! No of course not. I would never do that.”

“Why can’t you tell me who she is then?”

“Like I said because she is no one special. Can you please just start packing? We are already running late. We have a meeting with the board members.” I gave up on arguing with her and proceeded to pack my bags.

I was sulking the whole day because Yuri is occupied with other things.  We were at the dining table having breakfast with my mom.

“Are you okay Honey?” My mom asked.

“Yeah I’m fine just tired mom” I answered.

“Yuri can I have a word with you?” My mom signalled Yuri to come along with her.

 

 

Yuri’s POV:

I trailed Miss Jung to one of their rooms. I was starting to get worried over what she wants to talk about. ‘What if she doesn’t like me’ ‘What if she thinks I’m too ugly for her daughter? I’m doomed’

“Are you and Jessica fighting?” She looked me directly in the eyes as she asked.

“No not really Miss Jung” I denied her allegations.

“I’m sure a blind man can see that she is mad and upset with you. She have been sulking all day.”

“Yeah I might have not notice that. Sorry I have been occupied with work. I will talk to her soon.”

“Yeah you should but that is not why I wanted to see you. I just want to ask you a few questions.”

“Sure Miss Jung whatever you want to know”

“Are you sure about Jessica? I mean are you serious about her?”

“Yes I am. I have never been this serious about anyone in my life. However, we are not in a relationship.”

“Do you love her?”

“I love her more than my life. I would do anything to make her happy.” I answered sincerely.

“I trust you Yuri. I hope you take good care of her.” She held my hand.

“I will Miss Jung.”

“I know that Jessica can be hard to love. I hope you realise that behind that strong façade is actually a girl afraid to be loved. Please don’t break her heart. She might not have another to spare.”

“I will try my best Miss Jung”

“Call me Omma”

“Arraso Omma”

We finished our breakfast and headed straight to the car. I saw Miss Jung nodding towards me and I nodded back in return. It was as if he was saying ‘Take care of my daughter’ and I knew without a doubt that I would.

The ride in the car was silent. Jessica was busy with her phone while I was busy driving while thinking about a solution to our problem.

“We need to talk.” I said. It was better to settle it as soon as possible.

“About what?”

“About us.”

“What is there to talk about?”

“I know you are mad at me.”

“It’s not important. We should just focus on work.” I pulled up the car to the side of the road. I leaned to her side to look at her.

“Please talk to me about this.”

“We’re talking aren’t we?”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have kept anything from you. It wasn’t my intention to hurt you. I was just so stressed and occupied with work that I somehow forgot to see things from your perspective.”

“It’s no big deal Yuri. We’re late. We should rush to work.” She said still avoiding to look at me. She was being dismissive towards me and I knew that she was still mad at me.

“I can’t work with you being mad at me like this. Talk to me please.”

“What do you want me to say Yuri? What else need to be said? It’s just a small minor issue and I’m overacting. I get it so can we please just leave.” She said angrily.

“No we are not going to leave until we solve this. If we don’t this might turn into a bigger issue and I can’t afford fighting with you at a crucial time like this.”

“Now you are overacting.”

“Having emotions is not overacting.”

“Now you’re just trying to pick up a fight with me.”

“No I’m not. I just want to talk that’s all. Look at me please” I held her hand as I told her to look at me.

“I love you okay. Loving someone includes being jealous and overacting most of the time. You don’t have to keep those emotions bottled from me okay. It’s okay to talk to me about it. We might not be in a relationship now but that don’t mean we don’t have effect on each other. So when you don’t like something tell me. No matter how ridiculous it might sound, I want you to be honest with me. So tell me what is going on with you right now?”

“I got jealous okay. I just don’t like it when you are affectionate to someone else. Then you won’t tell me who it was which led me to making bad assumptions. I thought you weren’t serious about us.”

“It was Yoona. A friend of mine from University. We are as close as sisters. She owns a data company. She’s a good IT technician so I told her to store our information because I’m afraid someone would hack into our data system and steal our data. It is an underground agreement so no one but you and me knows. All the data will be deleted once the hacker gets to it.”

“Wow I never would have thought of that. That’s very smart of you.”

“I hope you have no regrets taking me into your office”

“Nope I always knew you had the potential”

“Are you sure Miss Jung because the first time I heard it was for my skills in bed?”

“Shut up and drive Kwon! We are running late.”

“Aye aye Captain” I said as we drove off. My heart finally felt settled.