CHAPTER 15: Don’t Go

To love or to not ?

YURI'S POV:

The wind blows like it always have. I felt like a wanderer sailing in a wide ocean with no direction to go. Just sailing endlessly following the wind. You are like the dark sky that is hovering me,suffocating me with no end. It was as if no matter where i sailed, the dark skies would follow. You are ineffable and i would never escape this endless maze. My heart felt stabs of pain just by the thought of her. I was running all alone in the dark,along with my faded thoughts. My life felt hopeless and i was stuck in a rut.Drinking felt like the must right way to drown all this emotions.So drinking was what I did endlessly.It took me a while to realise that i was out of alcohol. 

"Guess like i need to go buy some more" I chuckled to myself as I got myself ready for another useless outing.

 

JESSICA'S POV:

My whole body feels weak. My energy was drained by an unknown force. I guess this is what heartbreak feels like. 

My sunny days felt like the dark night and my rainbows were dyed black. 

I decided to walk around the park around my house for a change. I can't always lock myself up at home that way. I was feeling under the weather as i was walking around the empty park. A slight cough escaped from me as i tried fighting away the coldness. I was under dressed yet again. I sat by the bench near by the swings as i watch the cars passing through.

Random thought suddenly starts occupying my mind,especially the thoughts of her. I guess that's what distances does to you. It makes you realise things you never before. It's a reminder that a covered seat can always be vacant again.  

It's a glaring fact that it's impossible for things to always stay the same. I closed my eyes as i tried recalling the memories of her. 

I was brought back to reality when a sudden warmth engulfed my neck. I opened my eyes only to see the person my heart was longing for standing in front of me. Her eyes were focused on wrapping the thin cloth around my neck.

" Yuri" I gasped in shock. 

" What are you doing out here in the cold while being sick ?" She asked with a serious tone. My heart jumped in excitement to realise she still cared about me.

' wait how did she know that i was sick ?' 

" mianae" I said as i touched her hand which she pulled away the moment our hands touched. 

" You are under dressed again" She said as she retreated her hand back in her pocket before pulling out a packet. 

" Eat this 3 times a day" she passed me the packet which i presume to be medicine for my cough. 

" Stop getting sick and don't forget to take your meds. " She gave me one final look before she moved away. 

" Bye, I'm going " She said without an expression as she walked away from me. 

" Yuri wait !" I exclaimed as i chased after her hastily. I hugged her from behind to stop her from going anymore further than me.

" Don't go " I said softly on her back. 

She looked over her shoulders and looked at me in the eyes. 

" and if i stayed would you actually be mine ?" She asked seriously as she turned to face me.

I went silent with a thousand thoughts on my mind. Her eyes turned to the ground as her shoulders slumped at my silents.

" If you can't give me what i want then what's the point of me holding on ?" I thought of a reply but nothing came to my mind.

" Let's just stop this." She turned away for the second time.

" Can you please give me some time ? I promise you, once i figure this out. I will finally give you an answer" I finally managed to talk.

" Time ? Just how much have i waited and now you want me to wait for you again ? " she said in disbelieve. I looked down disappointed in myself.

" Do you even know how wrecked i am getting just by looking at you ? Do you even know how much my heart is bursting my head over you ? Even right now the fact that i am standing in front of you is already bruising my ego and yet you're asking for me to wait for you ? I'm sorry Jessica. I might be a fool for you before but now not anymore. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry " she burst out before leaving me alone at the park. By the end of it all, i was the fool that let her slip away again and again. 

YURI'S POV:

I broke down in tears the moment i stepped foot in my car. I was breaking apart severely. 

' Why do we break each other this way in the name of love ?'

For once in my life, can i ever feel belonged ?

I felt more lost than founded. She the woman that i loved so dearly, the person i feel most belonged to never would give me a chance and yet she's holding me back selfishly. I was on the verge of destruction and yet i hold on to the very thing that destructs me.  My heart was tired.My mind is fogged and yet I drove away as the same fool again and again.