CHAPTER 19: Gate way

To love or to not ?

Chapter 19:

Listen to: 1975 – chocolate

Yuri’s pov:

We were driving down the highway at 270/km. The windows were down as the car went roofless. Our hair was a mess with the windy air around. Jessica was behind the steering wheel looking as beautiful as ever. Although it might sounds cliché but she seem like the perfect blonde girl in the typical American movies.

 

The music was blasting loud from the speakers, making it hard to hear each other.

“I like this song’s vibe” I shouted from my seat.

“Me too” She shouted back at me.

Jessica was still busy driving without me knowing the destination. When I pressured her to tell me, she still wanted to keep it a secret. I was still curious but anyhow, I trust her. I didn’t want to ruin her surprise.

After a few hours of driving, we finally stopped at a town. It took me a while to realise that we were in Busan as I was sleeping the whole journey.

We stopped and parked at the porch of a house somewhere in Busan, near the beach. I looked at her questionably still confused.

“You’ll see” Jessica answered as she locked the door.

We slowly made our way to the front door when suddenly a beautiful middle aged lady greet us.

“Wasseo?” The middle aged woman said to us as she smiled warmly towards us. She somehow seemed familiar when sehe smiled.

I might even think it was Jessica’s mother if I didn’t know better.

“Dae Omma” She said as she hugged the woman. ‘Wait want? Omma? it is her mother’ I thought to myself as I shot my eyes wide and panicked.

I was nowhere ready to meet her mom. God, I don’t know if her mother is open minded or not. I’m not even dating Jessica yet. This is way too soon. ‘What the am I doing here?!’

“Omma this is Yuri” Jessica introduced me to her mother. MY heart was beating erratically as I bowed awkwardly.

“Oh yuri-ah Nice to finally meet you. Jessica has been talking a lot about you” She said before Jessica slightly hitting her mother.

“Arraso. Why don’t you come in?” She finally invited us in.

‘Land you can swallow me now. I don’t need to be here. I ain’t ready for this ’ I mentally said as I entered the house.”

“Stop being such an awkward piece of . You would get to use to this soon” She said as she hit me on the upper arm.

Wait what? I wondered if what she said has a double meaning. Not wanting to get my hopes up too much, I decided to ignore her words.

“Do I need to prepare a room for Yuri or is she sleeping with you?” She said as she prepared some food at the kitchen.

“It’s okey Omma. She’s sleeping with me” Jessica said as she sat down at the dining table. ‘ now I have to control myself in her room. God, what kind of test is this?’ I thought to myself.

I sat down next to her as her mother prepared our meal. My eyes wandered across the house as I was waiting for the food to be served. Jessica was playing on her phone, texting who knows who. I decided to ignore my jealousy as I know how much she hates people invading her privacy.

“Is krystal coming?” Jessica asked while looking at her phone screen, pulling me back from my deep thoughts.

“She said she might come if your dad don’t give her extra work. Hopefully she can come.”

“Hmm..” Jessica said finally putting down her phone down on her right side, away from me. We began eating shortly after.

The whole meal went by peacefully as Jessica and her mother was busy chatting away with each other. I felt a bit left out but still thankful regardless because I had the chance to sink myself in my own deep thoughts.

‘I wonder why her parents are living separately’ I quietly thought to myself.

“Yuri-shi are you okey?” Her mother’s concerned voice brought me back to reality.

“Ah dae I am don’t worry” I said while smiling, trying to look fine.

“You must be tired. You both should go to bed” She requested which we both gladly complied as we were both tired from the long journey.

“Ah I’m so tired” Jessica said as she jumped onto the bed. I smiled watching her cute antics. She looked like a 5 year old child tired and grumpy from a long flight with that cute pout of hers.

“Lend me some clothes” I requested.

“Just take any from my closet”

I went into the toilet to take a quick shower before coming back out with Jessica’s clothes.

“Your turn” I said. She looked at me briefly before putting her attention back to her phone screen, ignoring me.

“Yah… go wash. You stink” I said I pat her lightly.

“Too lazy” She said shortly.

“I can smell you from meters away”

“Yeah I should wash” She said.

“Where should I sleep around here? The couch seems nice” I said before plotting myself on the spacious couch. I heard no response and just assumed that she was already in the bathroom. I closed my eyes, finally letting my drowsiness down me.

As I was slowly falling into my deeper conscious, I sensed a figure coming closer. My eyes shot open wide only to be welcomed by Jessica bare chest only covered by a small white towel.

“What are you doing?” She asked me with her hair dripping wet causing some droplets of water to hit my face. Our faces were inches apart.

‘Too damn close’ I thought to myself.

“Sleeping obviously” I answered coolly trying to mask my flustered face by facing the other side.

“Why are you sleeping here?”

“Where else should I sleep?”

“I don’t know maybe on the bed idiot” Jessica said as she moved away to put on her clothes.

“I’m comfortable here. Enjoy the bed to yourself. Good night” I said shortly before trying to fall asleep again. I repeat, trying because Jessica’s god damn body keeps on flashing by my mind.

“Okey” Jessica said before I hear the hair dryer being used.

I tried to move my mind away from her glorious body by imagining some nasty things. Slowly it started working as I felt myself beginning to relax and my drowsy mind slowly going to sleep.

Suddenly, I felt an extra weight on me. I was welcomed by the sight of Jessica’s face when I opened my eyes.

“What now? Leave me alone. I want to sleep” I said as I tried to push her away from me.

“I want to sleep with you” She said while pouting.

“Am I your bed or something?” I asked her annoyed since I was getting too tired.

“Ani, you’re better than that. You’re my baby” She said before planting several kisses randomly on my face.

“Why is my baby so grumpy?” She said in between her kisses.

“Who are you and what did you do to my Jessica?” I asked her in disbelief.

“Aish, just come to the bed with me already” She said while pouting.

“Arraso. Why are you pouting so much today?” I said while following her to the bed.

“Just because” She simply answered.

 

Yuri and Jessica laid on the bed in silence. Both parties stayed unmoved in their side. Jessica let out a long sigh next to Yuri.

“Why are you sighing so much?” Yuri looked at her side.

“Aniya”

“Whatever it is that is bothering you. I just want you to know that I’ll support you all the way. Even if you don’t choose me or the other way around just know that I will still love you the same. For me it’s you or no one at all.” Yuri confessed sincerely. Jessica just kept quite as she look at Yuri’s teary eyes. Both of them stayed in a comfortable silence.

“So let’s not worry and sleep for now” Yuri said with a smile before shutting her eyes.

Jessica stared as Yuri slowly falls to sleep. It was only until she heard Yuri’s light snores that she came closer to Yuri’s face. Their faces inches apart.

“I really like you. I feel like my heart could just die from happiness just from looking at you” Jessica slowly leaned her faces closer to Yuri’s until their lips touched.

 

The next morning came and both of the woman on bed were still sound asleep. The door creaked open as Miss Jung slowly came in only to be welcomed by the sight of Jessica sleeping soundly in Yuri’s embrace. Miss jung just crack a smile as she felt her heart warmed up.

“Looks like my daughter is in love. I should just leave them be” Miss Jung said quietly to herself.

 

Yuri was the first to wake up between the two. She slowly removed Jessica’s pair of hands around her waist before heading downstairs where Miss Jung waiting.

“Good morning Miss Jung” Yuri greeted Miss Jung from the stairs.

“You’re finally up Yuri-ah. Please just call me omma. Don’t be shy”

“Ah Dae omma” Yuri replied.

“Come let’s eat breakfast” Miss Jung lead Yuri to the dining room. Yuri gulped as she looked at the amount of food being put on the table.

“It’s been a few months before Jessica came here. I accidentally overdo my cooking” Miss Jung said while feeling embarrassed.

“Does Jessica come by often?”

“She used to up until this few months. She used to stay for a month or two”

‘Why didn’t I know?’ Yuri started frowning.

“The company seems to not know it”

“Of course we tried to not let anyone know. Ever since my divorce with her father. That man tried to separate me and my children. Therefore she had to come secretly to see me. It upsets me that things are this way but there is nothing I can do. That man is filled with nothing but greed.”

“When was the last time Jessica visited?”

“January and she stayed for a few months”

‘wait that was when She disappeared and wouldn’t tell me where she went. So all this time I was assuming she had someone else is actually when she visited her mom. Now it makes sense why she wouldn‘t tell me’

“Please wait for a while omma” Yuri ran upstairs to Jessica and her shared room. She excitedly jumped on the bed and planted kisses on Jessica’s face.

“Yah what is this?” Jessica complained in her sleepy tone.

“ Saranghae saranghae “ Yuri said in between her kisses.

“Stop it what’s wrong with you?” Jessica tried to stop Yuri from attacking her but secretly enjoying it.

“Why didn’t you tell me that all this while you were visiting your mother?”

“Just because” She answered as she tried to push Yuri away only to have Yuri pin her hands above her head.

“You caused me a lot of pain and you have to pay for it” Yuri’s face was coming dangerously close. Jessica could feel Yuri’s breath gradually come closer. Jessica’s breath hitched as Yuri close in the gap between their lips.

“You have no idea how much I’m falling for you right now” She said as she collided their lips in a long passionate kiss.

Sorry but I'm really uninspired nowdays. I'll be back soon probably.Just having bad depression right now.