CHAPTER 12: Goodbye

To love or to not ?

Chapter 12: Goodbye

              

Jessica’s POV

          I woke up the next morning feeling a little groggy. Yuri was still nowhere to be found. I checked my phone and found no reply from Yuri instead I got some messages from Tyler which I didn't even bother to check. I tried calling Yuri again and I was directed to the voicemail right away.

           ‘Where the are you, Yuri?’ With every passing seconds of not knowing where she was made my heart heavier.

          Ignoring my heavy heart, I went to shower. It took me a while to get ready. I wasn’t excited to go to work. She's not there and the company’s in crisis.

         I tried calling Yuri the second time that morning on my way to work. It wasn't directed straight to her voicemail but even so, after a few rings there was still no answer and I was left disappointed.

         There were many stacks of paper on my table when I entered the office and thinking that I have to go through all that gave me a headache. The fact that Yuri was not in the office made it harder since half of the papers were hers. I did not even think I would be helped looking at how she was MIA these days. I started working on the papers as soon as I sat on the chair.

           As I was reviewing the papers, a knock on the door was heard. I turned to the door only to see Tyler walking up to me. 'What is he doing here?' I thought to myself.

          “Hey, baby!” He planted a kiss on my forehead and hugged me. ‘Eww’ I thought to myself and pushed him back slightly.

          “Why are you here?” I asked him straightforwardly. I had no time to waste considering the stacked papers on my desk.

          “You forgot, baby? I told you I'm going to drop by this morning to tell you more about the new proposal I came up with to help you with your company problem.” He said while showing his disgusting sulking face.

          “Oh, really? I must have forgotten about it. I’m sorry~” I faked an apologetic smile.

          “Never mind, it's okay.” I wasn't sure if it was just me or he really clenched his jaw and fist as he said it.

          “Anyways, I brought along my proposal. Let's start discussing.” He said in a more serious expression. Noticing the shift in his expression, I decided to just follow his disposition.

          He started explaining right away the moment we stepped in the meeting room. It was like he was rushing things. Ignoring my suspicions, I just tried my best to focus on what he was proposing.

          After an hour of discussion, I realized that his proposal was actually a great idea. Looking at the profit numbers, it could really help the company with the debt we already have within 3 months.

        “So… how is the deal? Isn’t it great? I tried my best to bargain with the owners of other companies.” He asked with an arrogant smile.

          “It's seems good but I still need to discuss this with my board directors.” I said while examining the terms and conditions of the contract.

          “Don't you trust me?” He asked as he held my hand but I pulled my hand away. It’s very unlikely for him to act that way. There was this sharp look in his eye that scared me. Not to mention, the scary aura that was surrounding him.

          We were engaged in a scary eye contact battle before I looked away from him.

          “I need to discuss this with my directors. That is how my office runs.” I said with a hint of firmness. I was trying my best on drawing a line between personal and work affairs. I collected the proposal and tried to leave.

          I was stopped by a hand on my wrist. “I'm asking you something important! Do you trust me or not?!” He asked, obviously angry.

          “Let me go, Tyler.” I said with a calm voice. It was getting on my nerves how stupid this man is. “I said let go of me!” I yelled because he was not letting go of me.

          He eventually let go of me. I proceeded to my office and locked it. I was still shaken by the sudden hint of violence from him. I never expected him to behave that way. I thought he was a gentleman but damn I was wrong. ‘Guess all men would be the same.’

          I tried calling Yuri again. I needed her at times like this. The line was answered after a few rings. My heart felt lighter the moment it did but that didn't stop me from being mad at her. I was still furious over the fact that she left without further explanation.

          “Where the hell are you?!” I asked in annoyance. Anger was still raging in me.

          “Hello Miss Jung, this is Kaeun.” Kaeun unexpectedly answered.

          ‘Why is Kaeun holding her phone? Did something happen to her?’ My head was filled with worry in an instant. “Where’s Yuri? Why are you holding her phone? What happened to her?” I asked in panic.

          “Yuri left her phone with me. She went home with my friend yesterday.” Kaeun explained.

          “Where is she right now? Tell her to come to my office right now!” I ordered.

         “Miss Jung, I'm supposed to take Yuri from my friend's house but I have to do something important right now. Would you mind taking Yuri from my friend's house? It seems like you have an important issue to discuss with Yuri.” Kaeun asked.

        “Give me her address now. I'm on my way.” I said as I rushed to my car. ‘I wonder what she is up to now’ I thought as I drove to the address Kaeun gave me.

 

Yuri’s POV

          “KWON YURI!!!” A loud voice shouted at me. I automatically opened my eyes and was completely shocked to see a fuming Jessica in front of my bed. ‘Wait, why is she suddenly mad?’ I thought to myself. I looked around only to see an unfamiliar room.

          “Where the am I?” I was getting more confused then.

          “That’s what I'm supposed to ask you. What the are you doing in this stranger's house?” Jessica basically shouted at Yuri all the way out of anger.

          “No, that is what I'm supposed to ask you. What the heck are you doing in my house this early morning screaming at my guest? Who gave you the permission to enter my house?” The woman asked while glaring with her arms crossed.

          Jessica was about to fire back but I stopped her. I wouldn't want to see two women having a fight this early in the morning.

          “Jessica, wait! I can explain.” I said trying my best to stop a possible fight between them.

          “You better Kwon! Now get up and get dressed.” Jessica said as she looked at me briefly before glaring back at Nana.

        “And why should she do that?” Nana asked with the same unwelcoming body gesture as the latter. “For all I know, Yuri is single – just like me. There is nothing wrong with two single ladies having , right? After all you are nothing to her.” Nana spat the ugly truth as she blocked Jessica.

          “Shut up ! You know nothing.”Jessica struck back and pushed Nana.

        “Wait ladies! Let me put some clothes on before anything gets out of hand.” I quickly put on my clothes as they continued glaring at each other, probably thinking of some good argument.

       “Let's get out of here, Yuri!” Jessica said as she pulled me with her towards the door, bumping Nana's shoulders in the process.

          “I don't think Yuri is willing to follow you.” Nana said as she pulled my other hand, making me stuck between them. ‘! Now what am I going to do?’

       “Hands off, you filthy !!!” Jessica scowled at Nana as she tried prying the latter's hands off me. I just stood there unmoving, not knowing what to do.

          “Watch your mouth, you demanding !!!” With that they both let go of my hand and proceed with a fight. At that point, I was almost certain that someone might actually lose some hair.

          “Girls, cut it off.” I finally intervened, having enough with the current war between the two ladies. They both stopped quarreling but the glaring war continued. ‘At least no one would be injured now.’ I silently thought in relief.

          “Now Yuri is going to think I'm just a violent .” Nana said looking away from Jessica.

          “ you might be.” Jessica spat back.

          “Girls, please can we all calm down and reason this out like civil people do?” I was quick to stop another fight. They both looked away while sulking like a child that got her lollipop stolen.

          “And no, I don't think you are a violent – I’m not that quick to judge.” I smiled towards Nana earning a kick from the sulky princess.

          “That was uncalled for, !” Nana was ready to attack Jessica again.

          “Wait! Now Jessica, please apologize to Nana. You even entered her house without permission and that is all wrong.” I ordered Jessica while holding Nana from hurting Jessica.

          “No way!” Jessica said still sulking. ‘Hard headed as usual’ I tried thinking of a way to make her surrender–her ego does kills sometimes.

          “What a disrespectful .” Nana squint her eyes and said.

          “Please, Jessica.” I pled once again, trying my luck.

          “Fine, but know that I'm only doing this because you asked me to.” She said with a pout. “I'm sorry.” Jessica said without looking at nana, making it look insincere.

          “Properly.” I said once again.

          “Ugh...” Jessica rolled her eyes back in annoyance. “I'm sorry” she said this time looking at Nana.

          “Now Nana, you should apologize, too. It was rude to call someone with such deceitful names.” I turned to Nana.

          “But she started it first.” She tried arguing back.

          “Please.” I pleaded once again towards her.

          “Okay.” She said finally surrendering.

          “I'm sorry for calling you a .”

          “Now let's all resume our lives peacefully.” I said trying to escape from both of them.

          “Where do you think you're going?” They said in chorus.

          ‘ now I have to choose’ “Hmm... home?” I answered innocently.

          “Let's go then, Yuri.” Jessica pulled me away.

          “I'll call you.” I managed to say before leaving the house, earning me a pinch from Jessica.

          “Aww. What was that for?” I asked, almost mad.

          “Stop flirting around.” I just stayed quiet, too lazy to argue. It wasn't going to make a difference, anyway. I just trailed her to her car.

          Suddenly, her phone rang. I glanced at her phone screen only to see Tyler's name flashed on it. I mentally groaned.

          “Hey.” I heard her say on the line. I bitterly moved away from the car. ‘Oh how much I hate that lizard’ I mentally thought. I waited until they finished talking. ‘I wouldn't want to interrupt some lovey-dovey moment.’ I almost vomited at my own thoughts.

          I walked away as they were taking too long to stop. I heard Jessica abruptly ending the call as I was walking away.

          “Yuri, where are you going this time?" She asked as she tried catching up with me.

          “It’s none of your concern.” I spat rudely. I was beyond tired of my weary feelings.

          “Wait. Stop!” I just continued walking. I know it's wrong to do this to someone but I don't think I can stand that forehead guy.

          “Is this about Tyler?” I stopped and looked back at her silently. ‘Looks like she finally realized’

          “What if it’s about him?” I asked back. She just stood there – silent and unable to answer. “I don't think I can do this anymore, Jessica. I don't think I can stay being in love with you anymore. Let’s call it quits.” I walked away from her and decided to go back to Nana. Tears were visible in my eyes and I hated myself for crying over her.

          “Goodbye, Jessica Jung.” I said and wiped the remaining tears that I’d be shedding for her.