Chapter 24: The war

To love or to not ?

“We found her location.” I heard Moonbyul said over the line. I informed my whole squad and make our way to the location. They were in a remoted place somewhere in Seoul, an abandoned building.  

I rushed to the location and saw Moonbyul and her team ready to get inside. There were many men in uniforms as we don’t know how many guards Mr Jung and Tyler have inside so we decided to be ready just in case. 

I was already armed so I was ready. I held a handgun in my arms before breaking in the front door. We searched the building and finally located Jessica. Mr Jung grabbed Jessica and held a gun to her head the moment he saw me. Tyler was nowhere in sight. 

“I will shoot if you come any closer.” He threatened. I stayed in one spot to avoid him shooting his daughter. 

“Stand back and make way for me” he ordered. 

“Just give up its over” I said. 

“It’s not over till I say it is now move before I shoot.” I saw his finger pulling the trigger. I shot his shoulder and I saw him falling to the ground and letting Jessica go. Moonbyul ran to his side calling the paramedics. We were all in shock.  

“I told you not to shoot!” Moonbyul said angrily. 

“I saw him pulling the trigger I had to.” I argued. 

“We will talk about this later. You better wish he does not die” She said before bringing him on the ambulance. I ran to Jessica who was still in shock. 

“Jessica are you okay?” I asked worriedly. 

“Don’t touch me!” she said as she tried to stand up pushing away any of my attempts. 

“What’s wrong?” 

“You just shot my dad and you’re asking me what is wrong?” She said angrily. 

“I had to he was going to shoot you.”  

“He wouldn’t.” 

“He still did put a gun to your head Jessica. I could not let that happen.” 

“Just stay away from me.” She pushed me away and went with one of the paramedics. I was left there angered and frustrated. 

“You did the right thing.” Yoona said as she patted my back as we headed back to Moonbyul’s office. 

I waited for Moonbyul to come back from the hospital inside her office. After a few hours, she came back. She slammed the door in anger which indicates she was still mad at me. 

“You better be thankful that he survived.” 

“I’m sorry” I apologised for going against her orders. 

“You shouldn’t have put your emotions ahead of you.” 

“Yeah I know.” Moonbyul’s gaze became softer looking at Yuri’s defeat. 

“Let’s just focus on the trial. Let’s just hope they would not use this against us. If they do, I have to put you off this case.” 

“I will help either ways. Don't worry” 

“Good now let’s get working.” 

We were still searching for Tyler Kwon. I even hired a private investigator to find him. Jessica was still at the hospital for some treatment. We left her with 2 police men to keep her safe. I was busy searching for more evidence about Mr Jung’s company and Tyler’s. ‘I can’t wait to lock these sick bastards in jail.’ I thought to myself. 

While I was busy working in Moonbyul’s office, I heard a knock on the door. Moonbyul already left the office to go home. I was still busy working.  

“Who is it?” I asked without looking. 

“It’s me” Yoona said as she entered. 

“What are you doing here?” I asked curiously. 

“Taking you home.”  

“It’s okay. I’m still busy working.” 

“You’re not Yuri. I know you aren’t. I know how ing hard it was for you to ever shoot someone ever since that incident. You have to talk to someone about it at least.” 

“There is nothing to talk about. I’m fine” I defended myself. 

“I can’t force you to talk but at least know that I am here with you. You are never alone.” 

“I appreciate that. How’s Jessica?” 

“Yeah she's okay. Just a little shaken up.” 

“She hates me now” I said disappointed. 

“Just give her some time. She would come to her senses soon. Don’t blame yourself. It had to be done, her dad was too much.” 

“I just hope she forgive me.” 

“She will. Just try talking to her tomorrow. For now, you need to go home and rest your mind. We have a long day ahead.” 

“Yeah let’s go home” I said before heading back home.