CHAPTER 11: Somebody New?

To love or to not ?

Chapter 11: Somebody New?

 

Yuri’s POV 

‘What’s wrong with Jessica?’

‘Why is she doing this?’

‘More so, why is she doing this to me?’

‘She’s showing concern.’

‘No, Yuri! Stop hoping; she already said she doesn’t love you.’

‘Maybe she had a change of heart?’

''Aigoo…my head hurts more with all these thoughts." I said as I held my forehead. I was once again stuck within this locale of Jessica-thoughts–confused more than ever.

I feel like my insides are dead. It's a mystery how the more I talk to her, the more confused I become. Maybe communication is never the answer with her.

I started packing my stuffs hoping that it’d clear my head a bit because I knew that that was all the calm before the storm.

‘I don't even know what to expect from her anymore.’ I thought in defeat. 

“Yuri, annyeong.” Kaeun greeted me though her face looked as if questioning whether I noticed her arrival or not.

“Oh, wasseo?” I felt extremely exhausted at that point.

“Let me do it. You should go rest.” Kaeun ushered me to bed.

I didn’t demur–it’s not like I could actually function well with my injured hand. I just went back to bed, sat down and watched her set my things while I started thinking again. Moments after, a nurse came taking me back from my thoughts full of Jessica.

“Kwon Yuri-ssi, you need to sign these forms and you are due to be discharged today.” She said as she passed me some forms to sign.

I signed the papers and thanked her. She smiled and bowed then left.

“Shall we?” Kaeun said, carrying my bags.

I nodded and we left the hospital. We walked our way to the parking lot of the hospital to get Kaeun's car.

I watched Kaeun deposit my things in her trunk and when we were about to enter her car and leave, a car pulled up in front of us–blocking our way. Jessica came out looking bewildered. I, as well, got off the car.

“Where do you think you're going?” She asked, fuming with anger.

“Home. Where else?” I answered just as rough.

“You're coming with me!” She pulled me towards her car. Kaeun just stood there looking at us–not knowing what to do.

“I'm not going with you.” I said as I yanked my arm from her.

“Oh, come on, Yuri! Who’s going to take care of you in that empty house of yours? Plus all your clothes are already in my house. Won't it be easier for you?" She tried to convince me despite her obvious impatience. She really has a bad temper.

“I think so, too.” Kaeun said as she nodded in agreement. I felt like face-palming myself at that moment. 'Why is she not on my side this time?'

I looked at Jessica then turned to Kaeun.

“You should go with Miss Jung.” Kaeun said as she showed a mischievous smile. I looked at Jessica's pleading face and eventually agreed.

“Fine...I'll go with you.” I retrieved my bags from Kaeun's car but Jessica took it and put it inside her car’s trunk and we drove our way.

The ride was awkwardly silent and I tried to keep my eyes from her. I was afraid that if I looked at her, my heart would start reacting in different ways that make me fall harder for her. I was already tired of the ongoing drama and I wanted no more of these unnecessary troubles. I just closed my eyes and tried to drift myself to sleep when all of a sudden she started talking. 

“How’s your hand?”

“It hurts. What is there more to feel?” I heard her chuckled in response.

“Why are you laughing?” I pried my eyes open and looked at her.

“Nothing.” She said as she looked at me briefly and focused on the road once more. Then, I realized that her driver was not with her today.

“Why don't you have a driver today? Is Driver Park on leave?" I asked curiously.

Ani, I just felt like driving today.” She answered with a smile. 

“Where is Jessica and what did you do to her?” I asked incredulously. She seldom drives. She giggled making me confused again. I wasn't sure if it was just me being delusional or that she really was different that day.

“No one did anything. It's just…" She stopped, like she was thinking or finding the right words to say.

“Just what?” I asked her curiously.

“Don't you feel like it's more special?” Jessica said as she nervously bit her lips.

“What do you mean by that?” I was getting more confused by her. She was just different. Her actions and words were.

“Maybe I'm just too excited that you are finally discharged.” She nervously said. She the radio–avoiding the conversations. I stayed silent after she said that–getting the sign that she wanted me to drop the subject.

While she was busy driving, I, on the other hand, was bothered by her words. The part ‘excited that you are finally discharged’ was ringing in my head over and over again. The fact that she was just next to me didn't help too. She rarely expresses herself in that kind of way. I must admit, those words were making my heart excited.

‘She is showing her care and concern. Is it possible that she might actually be in love with me?' My thoughts were getting messier and my hopes were high again. I shook those soon to be torturous thoughts away from my head. Getting all excited to get my hopes crushed soon later would do me no favor, anyways. I tried to focus on the situation in hand instead.

Soon, we finally reached her house. She parked her car in the basement and we made our way to her house. I couldn't shake the fear that I had in my heart. It had been a while since I stepped into her house. The house felt different. I don't know if it were just my thoughts or that it really had changed. I looked around the living room and my eyes stopped on her couch.

“Go on and sit; make yourself at home.” She said as she saw my eyes stayed on the couch.

‘I wonder what ty things they did in this couch.’ The sudden thought came to me, making me feel disgusted with the couch. It's not like Jessica haven't been sleeping around before. It's just that she had always done it in her bedroom and she would change the bed sheets after. But changes are still possible and they might have done it on the couch for all we know. I shivered.

“No, it's okay. I feel like walking around.” I said as I avoided eye contact. She just ignored my response and went to kitchen. I went out to the balcony to get some fresh air. Deep inside, I was wondering why everything feels awkward. I guess that it’s only normal after I pushed her away and ignored her. But somehow, I hate the awkwardness. The fact that I felt like she was trying to be nicer towards me was making me feel guilty. My heart felt emptier than ever. Maybe it was because of the incident in the hospital this morning. Jessica's sudden touch pulled back from my train of thoughts.

“What are you thinking over so hard? Can it be me?" She asked with a smirk plastered on her face as she passed me a drink.

Aniyo.” I tried to deny her accusation as I drank the drink she handed me.

“I must be right for you to act all defensive like that.” She said as she poked me playfully on the stomach. “What were you thinking about me?" She looked at me curiously.

I just faked a laugh ignoring her question. She was right after all. I really didn't want her to know what my thoughts were. I just went on with avoiding eye contact.

“Why so awkward?” She pinched me on my cheeks. I just smiled in response. The awkwardness seemed to have died down in that moment.

But… our happiness was interrupted by a certain bastard–or should I say lizard?

“Baby, where are you?” Tyler, the lizard man, said as he searched around for Jessica.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica went away from me and turned to him and asked curiously. He hugged her as soon as she got close enough. I just rolled my eyes over their interactions. I don't know if it was just my delusional mind or he really smirked at me as they hugged. ‘Bless your forehead, you dumb .’ I quietly thought.

“Is it weird for your boyfriend to miss you?” He said and attempted to kiss her but Jessica dodged it.

“Stop it! We have a guest here.” Jessica pushed that bastard back a little. ‘Ha! Take that, lizard man.’ I mentally cheered.

“Oh...sorry.” He said, not really sounding sorry.

“Meet Yuri. She’s my…” She paused for awhile looking unsure before she continued, “friend.”

I hid the bitterness I felt the moment she said that by just faking a smile.

Umm...Jessica-ssi, I'll be taking my leave now. I have something else to do.” I excused myself from them. I wouldn't want to be around them. It was just too painful. ‘I'm sure Jessica would probably want me somewhere else while he is around, anyways.' I thought to myself bitterly.

I reached my phone out to call Kaeun. She was my only option anyways. I called her and told her to pick me up. She agreed right away and told me that she would be on her way. I couldn't drive so I decided to walk around. Then, I waited for Kaeun at a cafe nearby. Soon, she arrived.

“Are you okay?” She asked me worriedly. It was understandable considering all that I had said just now was to pick me up.

Yeah, I'm fine. It’s just that Tyler is in her house and I'm sure they wouldn't want me there.” Though I said I was fine, I’m sure my face showed otherwise.

As much as I want to agree with you, I don't think that's the case, Yuri. Why would she ask you to live with her if she minded having you around?" She asked me thoughtfully.  Her point did make sense but my stubborn heart wouldn’t want to accept it.

Molla; I don't want to care anymore. Can you just please take me somewhere? I just feel like getting drunk and forgetting all these…Jessica-thoughts.” 

“I know exactly where to take you.” She said excitedly. I didn't care where she’d bring me as long as it can take my frustration away.

We drove off somewhere. It was comforting to have a decent car ride without without any awkwardnessor maybe without the feeling that your heart is breaking apart every single time.

She pressed the radio on and I let the music occupy my mind as the car moved swiftly.

Soon, we reached a club which according to Kaeun is the most perfect place. It was a club down town. It was my first time in that area too. The club was somewhere in Gangnam. The place was huge. I bet the owner is rich.

“Let’s go!” Kaeun exclaimed excitedly.

“Where are we?” I asked–confused on why she brought me to a club so suddenly. Plus I wasn't in the right attire.

“It's my uncle's club. Don't worry; I'll make sure to have the security around. You wouldn't have to kick anyone's for today.” She said and she chuckled.

“But I'm not dressed right.” I argued.

“Well, you look great no matter what you wear, anyways.” She said before she winked at me. ‘This is going to be one hell of a night.’ I thought as I trailed behind Kaeun.

We got in the club easily as the bouncers seem to know Kaeun well. We cut the line and got in without security check. 'She must be really close with her uncle.' I thought as the manager led Kaeun to the VVIP section of the club while I followed behind.

She patted the seat next to her and told me to sit down which I complied. She whispered something to the manager before the server put down the expensive wine on our table. “Drink all you want; it's on the house.” She said as she poured me the strongest drink. 'This is going to be a long night indeed.' I thought as I kept on drinking the drinks she was pouring in my glass.

Soon, I was already feeling drunk and a little tipsy. The drinks finally took its toll on me.

“Kaeun, I think I'm already drunk. Can we go home now?” I asked her, drunkenly. I couldn't even see her face at that point.

“Shhh...The night has just started.” She hushed me up with more drinks before I heard her requesting something from the manager.

 

Jessica's POV

It was already midnight but Yuri was still not home. I was worried, to say the least. Not to mention my calls were brought straight to voicemail.

‘Where is she?’ I thought worriedly. I was spacing around the living room. God knows how worried I was. As I was spacing out, my phone suddenly beeped–indicating a text message. But I was just disappointed that it’s from Tyler.

“Are you still awake?” The message said.

Yeah, why?” I sent. Soon I received a call from him.

“Hey.” He said over the line.

“Why did you call?” I asked back, tiredly. I was not in the mood to talk at that point.

“I just missed your voice.” He said in his fail aegyo. I felt like vomiting over his antics. ‘An old man acting all cute...eww.’ I thought silently trying my best to hide my disgust.

“Umm...Tyler, I'm actually tired so I think it's time for me to go to bed.” I said trying my best to avoid talking any longer.

“Wait! I actually have something to tell you.” He stopped me from hanging up. “It’s about work.” He added.

“Well, go on then.” I swear if this is not helpful I’m going to hang up on you.

“I have found a way to save your company.” He said.

“How?” I said finally interested.

“For the time being you can borrow my equipment first before this project pushes through. I'll come by the office tomorrow and I'll explain further.” I wondered what’s with the cheeky answer.

“Yeah, sure.” I yawned.

“See you tomorrow!” He exclaimed excitedly before he hung up.

I checked the time again and it was already 2 in the morning.

‘Maybe she's not coming back tonight’ I thought as I drift to sleep.

 

Yuri’s POV

I don't know if it was the alcohol making me see things or that I’m really seeing a y woman coming closer to me.

“Hey, sweetheart.” She seductively whispered in my ear as she sat on my lap and encircled her arms around my neck. I was taken aback by her aggressiveness but I was in no condition to push her away. I was desperate if not for love maybe for a release.

She swiftly leaned forward to place her lips on mine. I was caught off guard at first because I was no longer into this lifestyle. All of my one night stands had stopped since I met Jessica. Almost like my whole life too. But who was I to complain when I placed myself in such misery.

I could see Kaeun smirking at the corner of my eye as this mystery lady was devouring my lips. Ignoring Kaeun's weird gaze, I focused on making out with this unknown lady. I trailed my hand up to touch her sides, feeling her skin under my fingertips.

Everything started heating up by then. She stopped our kiss to catch some air for a while but started kissing me again.

“Maybe we should take this somewhere else.” She whispered in my ear making me shiver. I was all excited as she led me somewhere else.

We were making out throughout the whole journey, not like I knew where it was. I was too intoxicated if not by the alcohol maybe by lust. I felt the increasing need inside of me. For once in a long time I felt alive.

She threw me on the bed as she climbed on top of me only to pull her shirt off. I almost forgot my injured wrist. When I looked at my hand, I saw her looking at it, too.

“Don't worry, I'll be gentle.” She said as she pushed me down on the bed again.

Suddenly, I realized that I don't even know the name of the lady that was on top of me. “Wait, I don't know your name.” I stopped her from kissing me.

“It's Nana and that's the name you shall be screaming tonight.” She said ily before she dug her face in between my neck.

 

 

 

 

 

왔어 (Wass-eo) *Literally means “came” with “you” being implied. *You came?

몰라 (Mol-la) *A derivative form of 모르다 (moh-roo-da) which means “to not know of/be ignorant of” that is used in an informal way. It literally means “don't know” with “I” being implied.

애교 (Ae-gyo) *Refers to a cute display of affection often expressed through a cute/baby voice, facial expressions, and gestures.

 

 

 

Hey guys,It's been a while since I last updated.Soon that you guys waited too long,I was busy with moving so I didn't have time to update plus there had been a bit changes in the story line. Don't forget to subcribe and upvote !!! I'll try my best to update the next chapter as soon as I can.

 

 'Hmm....Who is this nana girl ?'