Chapter 26: Pained once again

To love or to not ?

Chapter 26: 

“Hands behind your head or we will shoot!” Moonbyul shouted as she points her gun at him. His body was hoovering Jessica’s body. I can’t believe that bastard, he her. 

“Get on your knees and away from the victim!” Moonbyul ordered. He was smirking at me. ‘That bastard’ I thought to myself as I was about to punch him but held myself back. The police officers cuffed his wrists and brought him away.  

 

I rushed to Jessica as I brought along a blanket. She looked confused and disorientated. She was showing typical symptoms of a victim. I was beyond angry but there was nothing I can do since it already happened. I just have to try my best to get her justice.  

“Yul, get the kit. I want as much evidence that he her. I’m going to bring that bastard to the police station to make sure he doesn’t try anything funny and bring her to the hospital right after for further examination.” Moonbyul ordered me before running off to the police car. 

 

Jessica looks so frail and weak at that point, I couldn’t bear to see her this weak but there were things to be done and we need to do it fast. I ordered the forensics team to do the kit procedure as I tried to take as many pictures of her external injuries. I also took pictures of the crime scene to help with the investigation.  

 

After they were done, I took Jessica to the hospital for further examination. Jessica was silent throughout the whole process and I knew it was best to let her be for the meantime. The doctor finished his examination and Jessica was free to go.  

 

“We can go home now.” I said to her as we were sitting down on one of the bench in the hospital. 

“Baby” She flinched at my slight touch on her shoulders as she pushed away my hand. 

“Yeah” she tried to sound okay while she said that. Her face showed a guilty look because she pushed my hand away. 

“Do you want to get phycology help right away?” I asked. 

“I think I just want to rest for today.” She said forcing a smile. 

‘I’m going to kill that bastard if I can’t put him in jail.’ I thought to myself. 

“What would you like to eat? I’m cooking today.” 

“Anything would be fine.” 

“Should we go back to your house?” 

“No, let go back to yours” She sounded scared and I was worried over the thought of her keeping something from me. 

“Let’s go then” I tried to avoid touching her afraid of her pushing me away again. The journey back was silent as expected. At this point, I was getting worried over her. She was nothing like her usual self, not that I’m expecting that from her. I just hated what he has done and I can’t forgive myself for not protecting her. Once again, I failed to protect the ones I love most. 

 

When we got back, she headed straight to the shower. I went to the kitchen to make us some spaghetti, her favourite dish. It took me awhile to finish cooking. I went to the master bedroom to call for Jessica. I knocked on the door but there was no answer, I could still hear the sound of the shower.  I kicked the door opened and rushed my way inside the toilet.  

 

Jessica was right there curled up in the corner with the shower on, crying. I turned off the shower and made my way next to her. I just sat there silently holding her close. I kept whispering in her ear “I’m here you are safe.” We just sat there for 30 minutes until she stopped sobbing.  

 

“Do you want me to help you bath now?” I asked her lovingly.  She just nodded weakly. I helped her into the bathtub. No words were spoken as I helped her take her bath as fast as I could and help her to dress up as well. It was weird to say but I think I have fallen in love more deeply because she was the only woman, I was willing to do all this for. After we settled down, we soon ate the spaghetti that I made for her. She still seemed shaky but I tried my best to put on a smile for her. It was me telling her to be strong for us. Tyler once again but a wedge between us and to hell will I ever let him win. I was determined to make her happy and well again.  

 

“Sica would you put lime in the coconut and drank them both up?” I tried asking her. 

“What are you talking about? I would have a belly ache if I did. I think we should sleep, you are talking bull now.” 

“I’m not tired yet.” I made my way to turn on the music on my MP4 player. Soon, the house was filled with music. 

“Would you care for a dance?” The song titled coconut by Harry Nilsson was playing in the background. 

“What a weird song to dance to but since you want to dance so badly, I guess I will.” She took my hand and we were dancing random to the music. 

“She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em bot' up She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em bot' up She put the lime in the coconut, she call the doctor, woke 'I'm up And said "doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?" I said "doctor, to relieve this belly ache" I said "doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?" I said "doctor, to relieve this belly ache" I sang along. 

“Come on sing with me sica” I said as we were dancing madly. 

Soon we both were singing along to the catchy song.  

“You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot'up Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up”  

 

When the music ended, we were welcomed by a comfortable silence. We were both just standing there in each other’s arms staring at each other’s eyes. Jessica was the first to broke the silence. 

“I love you” She said. 

“I know. I love you too.” I replied. 

“I don’t know what I would do without you.” She confessed. 

“Too bad you would never find out because from now on, I promise that I would be by your side at all times as much as I can.” 

“You and that sweet tongue of yours is starting to get on my nerves.” She said before pulling me in for a passionate kiss.  

“Make me forget. Make love to me” She said in between the kiss.  

I guess there is nothing the coconut song can’t fix.  

_________________________________________________

Check out the song, it's good. 

Please leave comments and subcribe.