Chapter 13:Much Too Late

To love or to not ?

JESSICA'S POV:

 Weeks has passed since I last saw her.I thought she would come back to me like she always has but the emptiness of her presence was making it clear that she's not coming back.My heart felt cold with a hint of longing. I regreted not chasing after her on that day and if I really did ,what could have I said ? There is nothing I can give her at this moment. There is nothing I can give to make her stay.

     'You're so pathetic Jessica' I thought to myself as I drank another can of beer,letting the cold strong drink fill this emptiness within me.Sleep didn't seem like it was coming anytime soon.I closed my eyes in despair. I could feel the pain growing alongside the longing in my heart.

     'It over Jessica,you ed it up yourself.You can never be loved.' I detested myself for being my own nemesis.I drown myself in my negative thoughts once again. My demons was eating me from the inside and the night I feared the most is to come.

   A sudden thought of her came to my mind as I closed my eyes to think. She was avoiding me at any cost. It was like she never existed at this point.Her trails were all covered. I missed her so badly but I can only grasp our memories.I guess that is none of her concern. I'm nothing to her now. Maybe just a bad memory.

But here I am still wrecking my head over her.I should just forget. She probably moved on. Tears were escaping my eyes as I slowly fell asleep.

 

The next day came inevitably.As much as I hated the morning,I had work to do and responsibilities to carry out. The company has been going on well since the new contract was carried out. ' I should be thankful' I thought to myself but my true feelings were the opposite of that.My heart feels nothing but empty.

  With my heavy heart ,I made my way to my office.I was welcomed by a farmiliar figure.The figure turned around as soon as I entered. It was Yuri. My heart stopped for a second before it starts beating rapidly.

“Good morning Miss Jung” she said as she bowed.

“What is with the formality ?” I asked her,trying to hide my nervous heart as I sat down at my seat.

 

“Let's just cut to the chase shall we ?” She said with a pokerface.I was taken back by the new attitude of hers.

“I want to resign”Yuri said as she put the registration letter on my table.

“May I know your reasons ?” I tried to hide my sinking heart by masking my expressions.

“My GIRLFRIEND would appreciate it if I stopped working with you” She said pressing on the word girlfriend more than the rest. I wanted to frown upon the moment but I knew it wasn't the best time to do so.

“Okey then,you may take your leave” I tried faking a smile as I dismiss her from my office.My voice cracked a little as I spoke.

 

She soon took her leave.It was like my whole world came crashing down then. Her resigning and moving on is a whole lot to take in. I felt a heavy lump in my throat as I tried to let the fact sink in.

'She has moved on and I was too late'

 

YURI'S POV:

 

My heart was beating erratically as I was waiting for her in her office. It's been awhile since I last saw her. I tried avoiding her fully this time. My heart still ached the same. My mind still having the same thoughts. All these longing is calling the same name. 'How much I want to move on'

 

I knew that resigning would be my first step. I was certain of it,but to which direction I was not sure. It could be the start of my happiness or the end of it and for that fact I feared this moment.

 

“You have to do this Yuri” I encourage my weakening heart. There is too much possibilities of how this could go. Falling into her arms again might actually be one. 'Someone is waiting for you at the end of this mess'I reminded myself to calm this weary heart.

 

'You can do it Babe !!!' I read the text Nana gave me.I smiled at her encouragement. 'Someone really is waiting for me after this mess.' I assure myself once again.

 

Despite that text,my heart was still heavy. I was starting to second guess myself. I was deep in my thoughts as I heard the door clicked. The time to choose is up and it was finally show time.

 

“Good Morning Miss jung” I greeted her rather formally,trying to draw a clear line that I shouldn't have crossed. I tried my best to keep a poker face as I do so. 'She shouldn't know this fickle heart, She shouldn't know these hesitations' I repeated to myself like a mantra going through my head. 'This has to be done.'

 

“What's with the formality ?” She asked with a fake smile. 'How I miss her genuine ones' My heart whispered. She looked really pale. My heart was worried but I was determine to not let it show.

 

“Let's cut to the chase shall we ?”I blurred out rudely. My pretense is running thin. I had no time to lose. It was now or never.

 

“May I know your reasons ?” 'Come on Yuri,you have practice this a million times in your head.Just say it'

 

“My GIRLFRIEND would appreciate if I stopped working with you” I pressed on the word girlfriend more than the rest as I try to make it clear to her that I was moving on.

 

“Okey then you may take your leave” She said as she took the letter and kept her head down. Guilt starts creeping in my heart but I knew that this was for the best.

 

She either want me or she don't. Looking by the way she wasn't stopping me shows that she don't. I have to accept the truth no matter how bitter the fact was.My heart felt empty as I closed the door behind me. Ego kills and that would be the both of us.The skies have finally fell and we couldn't stop it.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for being gone for too long and for this short update.I was busy with school. I'll try my best to come back as soon as I can with a longer chapter.

Please do comment and subscribe :)

Hmm...can Yuri ever move on ?