Chapter 20: Feels Right

To love or to not ?

Chapter 20: Feels right 

Lauv- Paris in the rain 

 

YURI’s POV: 

It was a sunny day outside.  Jessica was walking by side under the glaring sun on the sea shore. We walked in a comfortable silence. 

‘I guess this is happiness’ I secretly thought to myself. 

Jessica was the one that came up with the idea of going to the beach near her house which I gladly agreed upon. Thankfully, the weather was on our side this time.  

“Do you want to get some ice cream?” She asked me. 

“Sure! Why not?” She carefully pulled me with her as she led the way. I beamed happily as we went to the ice cream shop. 

Jessica went off to order for the both of us while I search us a good seat. I found a seat away from the crowded side and near the beach. Jessica came soon after with 2 cones in her hands.  

“Thanks baby!” I said before we both ate in silence.  

“What do you think of marriage?” I blurted out all of sudden without thinking. 

Jessica choked on her drink. 

“What do you mean?”  

“Do you want to get married?” I finally clarified my question. 

“Well depends. Honestly, I think marriage is a heavy matter.”  

“Would you still do it?” I pressed on the matter further. 

“DO what?”  

“Would you still marry someone?” I was planning on saying me but realized that it would be too much so I settled with someone instead. 

“At this moment, I don’t it’s time yet” She gave a short but certain answer. I felt the air around grew heavy as I felt the disappointment fills the air. 

“Why are you asking anyway?”  

“Nothing in particular. It’s just that I think we are in the ideal age for marriage” I just went ahead and told her the truth. She went silent right after.  

‘Maybe it’s too early for this kind of conversation.’ I thought in silence. 

 “Want to watch the sunset with me?” She tried to lift the mood. 

“Sure” I said trying my best to sound enthusiastic but failing badly. 

We walked together, not holding hands this time to a nice spot to watch the sunset. I sat by her side on the sand looking towards the ocean. There was a wall between us both and I hate it to death. It makes me feel like I’m back at square one again.  

“I’m sorry” She suddenly broke the silence. 

“You have nothing to feel sorry about. It’s just me and my issues. I’ll get over it soon. Don’t worry” 

“It’s not that I don’t want to marry you. I guess my parent’s divorce has somehow influenced me in a way. I just don’t believe in it anymore I guess. I don’t want the burden of marriage to let us make unrealistic expectations on ourselves. I don’t want to fall out of love with you Yuri”  

Her last sentence was ringing in my head. It means she is saying that she is in love with me.  

“Are you saying that you are in love with me?” I asked gathering the last piece of confidence I have. 

“I have always been. I guess I was just too scared to actually realize it.” I felt my hand naturally went towards hers.  

“I’ll wait for you. No matter how long it takes, I’m willing to wait.” I assured her once more. I slowly felt her coming closer till her eyes was all I can ever see. My breath hitched the moment her lips collide with mine. It was magical. It felt like breathing fresh air as the strong breeze pass us by. Her lips on mine felt right. It was like the wall we built was long gone. 

 

The moment I opened my eyes, all I see is her. The sun slowly setting right behind her. The world was surely going dark but surely her smile was light up my world.  Silence engulfed us once again as I had her in my arms. This time it was comfortable. We watched till the sun was nowhere in sight and the moonlight starts to illuminate us.  

 

I never had her this close, physically and mentally. We were finally on the same page. Fear was starting to creep into my heart. I was too afraid that moments like this would never happen again. I don’t want to get use to this. I was afraid of longing for a moment that would never last and to hurt myself in the process yet again. I looked upon her face as she laid comfortable in my arms. I guess I stared too long as I was caught starring.  

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked laughing at my face. 

“I don’t think I’ll ever want to let you go.” 

“Then don’t.” I could only smile in return. 

 

“Yuri-ah” She called out to me. 

“Waeyo?” I asked lovingly. 

“Can we pretend just for tonight that if I told you to run away with me, you would. We would find a place to go and just leave. There would be no one to fail or anything to lose.”  

“I would run away with you anytime my love. You have my word.” She just smiled in return. Something felt off but I tried to shake off the feeling before it ruins the mood. Nothing mattered anyways. As long as she was there in my arms, anywhere felt right. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

I'm back guys. Sorry for the long wait, I was busy with collage stuff.

Just a quick update on my life.

I finally got into my dream law school. I'm so excited and happy to learn. 

Other than that, I have been dignosed with Depression and Anxiety by the Hospital and on the process to receive medical help. 

I will try my best to update this fic as soon as possible. Sorry for the wait.

How are you guys ? What do you think is going to happen to Yulsic ?