CHAPTER 14:EMPTY HANDED

To love or to not ?

Jessica's POV:

It could have been beautiful. I was busy poisoning my mind again. I was too late to choose. The right answer was right there in front of me all along and yet i was too blinded by fear. I was too deep in the sand quick to realise that i was stuck and the more i think about it, the more i am sinking in. She moved on and now she’s gone.

"It's too late" I thought to myself as i sink deeper in my pain and regret.

All that is left is just pain and ashes of love that once used to burned so bright.

" I guess we were never meant to be" i said as i drank the umpteen can of beer. I mind was getting cloudy and drunk. I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination or was it really Yuri standing in front of me. Reality or not, i don't even care anymore.This heart is too damaged either ways.

" i wish i could just die already" was the last thing I remembered saying before I blackout.

 

Yuri's pov:

I came to her house again that night. My brain told me not to go but my heart was telling me to go. Not sure why and when my legs started moving to her house again.

' guess old habits never die' I thought to myself.

I entered her house like I always did. I entered the password which was my birthday mixed with hers,1412. The door automatically opened .

'This pabo didn't even changed the password' I thought to myself as I walked in the door.

Her house was dark expect for the light emitting from the television. The house was a mess. Paper work was scattered all over the hall.I could see beer cans everywhere.

' Guess i'm not the only one getting drunk' I thought to myself as I searched for her.It took me a while to adjust to the darkness that was around me.

After awhile I finally saw lying on the couch looking the worst i have ever seen her.

Her body was thin and her face was pale.My heart broke at the vulnerable state she was in. 

I was almost sure that she was not taking enough food and water. 'She probably was crying away with the cans of beer.' I thought to myself as I saw the tears that were escaping her eyes.

I stood infront of her,taking a deep look of her pathetic self. Sadly i can't even say that i pitied her. I was the same, getting drunk and crying over the same .

'Guess we are on the same boat.' I said softly under my breath.

" i wish i can just die already" i heard her say drunkly before passing out.

'Don't die, i wouldn't know how to survive by then' i thought to myself secretly,afraid of the sudden thought'

I carried her bridal style into her room.

I laid her on her bed carefully before i covered her with the blanket. I was about to leave when she held my hand. The warmth that was escaping from her hand never changed.

" I'm sorry, i love you" she said softly as a single tear escaped her eyes. I sat next to her on the bed. Just simply letting her hold my hand,while half of me hoping that this would be the last time she would and the other half hoping that she would always do. It's messed up,i know. That is love after all. It's your water and air at the same time. You drown with too much but you suffocate with too little. I was there somewhere in between,not knowing which to hold onto. I stared at her sleeping figure. The silence is deafening and with each second passing, i just realise how much i want to be with her.

' Look at it wisely Yuri, this might be the last time' I said to myself taking in her vulnerable yet beautiful figure.

I laid myself next to her as i wrapped my arms around her. " I think i'll never escape you" i whispered into her ear softly. Slowly letting myself sink in my own despair.

Nothing was left to be done. All I could do is to leave empty handed the next morning.

 

________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait.I have been busy with school. Hope everything is going well with the rest of you.

It might take me a while before I post another chapter. Sorry that this chapter was short.`

I'll prepare something longer for you next time. Please don't forget to subscribe and upvote !!!

Please don't forget to comment your thoughts on the fic.