Chapter 17: Bated Breath

To love or to not ?

Chapter 17:

“Are you sure you want to start working? The company is a bit messy right now. I don’t think it’s best for you to start working, you should rest more” Jessica said while clearing the living room alongside with Yuri.

 

“I don’t want you to burden yourself too much with work. It’s only logical for me to start working again. Plus I can’t be jobless forever”

Yuri answered with a smile. Suddenly, Jessica’s phone rang.

 

“Hello” Jessica said on the line before she moved away from the living to her bedroom and shutting it for more privacy. The sight of Jessica’s action sparked curiosity within Yuri’s mind. She knew that Jessica is probably talking to the lizard man, thus making it harder for her to not let her anger consume her.

 

They were both still dancing around the subject of them dating. Yuri doesn’t want to push it any further as she know that she should go with the flow. Still her heart couldn’t fully be confident with the non-existent status between them. A track without a starting line is always scary as she can never end the race without a start line. Therefore, doubt started clouding her mind.

 

After some time, Jessica finally came out of her room. Yuri was browsing through the magazine on the couch. “Hey” Jessica said.

“Who was it?” Yuri asked while looking at the magazine. “Is it the new vogue” Jessica tried diverting Yuri’s attention from her.

“You know that won’t work on me anymore” The air around them suddenly went thick and dry from Yuri’s sudden mood change. Jessica went silent as she look at Yuri’s face. “I want this to work between us” Yuri held Jessica’s hand that was resting on her thighs. “Me too” Jessica said while staring at Yuri’s face.

 

“Let’s start by being honest then. I won’t push you to tell me who called. I’m sorry for getting angry like that, I didn’t mean to scare you” Yuri apologised sincerely in which Jessica just smiled in return. Yuri decided not to push the matter any further. She gave Jessica a small smile as she stood up and left. It didn’t take a genius to guess that Yuri was upset. Jessica exhaled a long sigh in defeat. ‘Yuri-ah who am I going to solve this?’ Jessica thought to herself.

 

YURI'S POV:

I gave Jessica one short smile before moving to cool myself down outside. I felt a bit guilty getting angry like that. ‘Emotions are like that, it’s out of control’ Mother was right. Love does make people insecure. Just like everyone else, I was insecure of my spot.

 

“You shouldn’t be like this Yuri. You promised to stop didn’t you.” I confided myself. I let out a rough sigh. Reality is finally hitting me. I thought that by saying those 3 words would be the end, that I would know what to do if only I heard those words. I was wrong. ‘I love you’, those three words is only the start of a new chapter. Once again I can’t help but be afraid. I was after all living in an ‘ever after’ with my breath bated.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. Hopefully all of us are coping well with Jonghyun's death. I'll work hard and prepare a better chapter. Thank you for reading.Please subcribe and upvote. Leave as much as comments possible.