I need you Taehyung

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Petite drops of water were being sprinkled on my face.

 I felt alive again. Where was I?

My eyes were sluggishly opening.

“I have called both your parents. You disgrace my school, and you disgrace yourselves, shameless boys!” It was Gyojang Yi.

 “Even now he is rolling his eyes! Look!”

 His voice was like thunder, booming and echoing in the canteen.

Ah yes, the fight.

That wasn’t an ordinary fight; it reminded me of the Roman Gladiators fighting wild animals that I used to avidly watch on the History channel.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a weak girl. I’ve seen physical fights, I even remember being part of one- once long ago, but this was something completely different.

This broke the ice; it was like an initiation test.

Daegu had tested me to see if I’d survive.

Well, I’m thinking this right now so I guess I passed.

 I tried to get a better view of who was here and what was happening, but my body wasn’t allowing me to, it was dead.

Slowly, I craned my head around the canteen and it was mess. Tables were upside down, food was flung against the walls and I could see scattered bits of broken glass.

It was the aftermath of a war and was equally as deserted.

“Sir, I think she’s awake.”

It was an unfamiliar voice. The owner of it came over to me and bent down my bangs off my forehead and cupping my cheeks softly.

 It was a beautiful lady. She looked very young but had an elegant posture. She had long, brown, straight hair with big, brown eyes. She had a slim, heart shaped face and was wearing glasses.

She reminded me of my mum. I couldn’t stop staring at her.

She turned to Gyojang, “she’s suffered quite a shock- anyone would. Those ruffians who aren’t fit to be called human, didn’t even respect the fact that she could’ve been seriously injured laying here!”

Her expression quickly turned venomous as she turned her head sharply, glaring at the boys. They were all silent.

 I couldn’t see what state anyone was in yet, I was struggling to lift my back up with my hands. Sensing this, the kind lady placed her hand on my back and helped me up.

My legs fell. “Woahh, easy there honey,” she was very patient and strong. She lifted me up and we both stood there for a while until I could feel blood flowing through my body again.

I couldn’t help but beam at her, “Kamsahamnida Ma’am, thank you so much.”

I felt truly grateful just by looking at her. She was one of those people who with just one look at would make all your worries fly away.

 “How are you feeling?” Her voice was melodious.

 “Umm a bit better I guess, but I feel a bit shaky haha” I tried to laugh off the awkwardness of the situation, aware that there we were the only two females in the canteen.

 She turned a chair up and helped me sit on it.

I finally got a chance to look around properly. I was shocked.

Taehyung and Chanyeol were covered in blood and food, their shirts and clothes were ripped. Both had cut lips and were fiercely looking down avoiding eye contact with Gyojang Yi who was looming over them. It was actually quite funny seeing them both struggling to stand straight.

Chanyeol’s legs were giving in and he’d quickly stumble on the spot, but stand up straight just as fast.

However, looking at Taehyung struggling wasn’t as funny. I felt like I should run up and help him, he was like a child who needed support and I knew this was my fault. But, he got a bit too pissed off, right?

As I was sadly staring at him wishing he was sitting on this chair instead, he turned his eyes briefly to meet mine. I blushed like crazy and looked straight back down.

Although he was much shorter than the boys, Gyojang Yi was looming over them but his face showed no sign of anger, it was deadly.

“Keep your eyes on the floor silly boy!” I looked up, shocked at his attentive glare.

Taehyung’s eyes were still fixed on me.

Look down pabo! I don’t want you getting in more trouble!

This was all my fault. I felt so guilty.

I glanced a few centimetres away and saw the red and black haired boys looking down at their feet with their hands crossed at their stomachs. Their hair was partially covering their face, but they too had cuts and bruises all over. That black haired boy.

Omo I know him!

Wait -was it him?

Argh, his hair was covering his face too much! If only I could peer under his hair, or if he looked up one inch...

My thoughts were interrupted with Gyojang’s voice. This time it sounded calmer and more relaxed.

“Miss Mina, could you please take Song Jasmine to your office and get her cleaned up- she didn’t deserve all this on her first day. What must she be thinking about the lack of discipline?”

He turned to me. “I apologise for this behaviour. This is not how my students usually are. These four in front of me are worst this school has to offer. I hope you won’t lack expectation.”

I shook my head rapidly and he gave a quick smile.

 “After that, please her to my office.” He nodded at Miss Mina and reset his face to robot mode as he ushered the boys out of the canteen.

Each time one of them would walk past him to leave, Gyojang Yi slapped the back of their heads.

 Again, it was funny to see how they all lowered their heads in anticipation for that punishment. This probably happened to them on a weekly basis.

“Boys, show courtesy,” Gyojang ordered.

One by one they all struggled to turn around; eyes fixed on the floor and bowed to us. They were wincing in severe pain, but true to their nature, they were putting on brave faces.

I dared not to think how they would be punished. What if they were expelled? Judging by the state of the canteen and severity of the fight, serious action would be taken. If Taehyung got expelled, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. I regretted everything I said to him in the apartment.

But the way he flew to my rescue in the canteen.

Woah, thinking about how he made an entrance with his boys made me feel pretty special.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not that girl who finds enjoyment from guys fighting, I hated that damsel in distress outlook.

But Taehyung was like my knight in shining armour, my superman. On the very moment Chanyeol hit me, how did Taehyung dash in?

Why did we have such a connection?

Oh no. Wait.

 It can’t be.

No... It wasn’t.

Butterflies rushed to the pit of my belly. I felt sick.

I out.

***************************

“Jasmine? It’s me, Miss Mina.”

I was lying in a bed this time and I remember it all, the fight, Gyojang punishing the boys, that sweet voice... and Taehyung.

Aigo! Was he alright?

I abruptly pulled myself up this time, no help needed. I saw Miss Mina’s eyes were searching mine, she was worried.

Answering her expression, “I-I’m fine, honestly, did I pass out again?”

Her eyes loosened its worry. She smiled at me.

“Yes, you did fall unconscious. And you are not fine, you’re still quite weak, but the good news is that whilst you were sleeping I could cater to your injuries. When you fell, you cut your leg and the top of your forehead has a deep gash. Luckily, I put white spirit on it and it’s all bandaged now. If you were awake, gosh you would be screaming this place down!”

We both laughed, knowing the childhood pain of white spirit on cuts. It felt rejuvenating being able to laugh with someone again, even if it was a head girl. Wait, was she even a head girl or a teacher?

“Uh Miss Mina, are you the head girl?” I needed to ask.

“Haha, sadly I’m not the head girl, I am much older.”

I felt embarrassed and looked down. I was hoping maybe we could be friends seeing as I hadn’t made any. She was so lovely.

Answering my pending thought, she exclaimed, “Ah, yes how rude of me, I haven’t introduced myself! I’m the school nurse. You can just call me Mina if you like; I prefer a friendly relationship with the students, especially with you girls. In this school, there is A LOT of drama –usually started by girls, which leads to arguments and fights, and that’s where I’m needed!” 

We shared another giggle. There wasn’t an awkward atmosphere like I felt this whole time in Daegu. I felt warm now.

Mina got up to get a bottle of Gatorade, opened the seal and told me to drink it.

“You need to regain energy by proper food, but for now drink up. Whatever happened back there, I strongly advise you forget about it. I was told it’s your first day here, and your second day in Korea and things are much different than what you’re used to. I won’t explain too much now, because you seem a very intelligent girl who probably understands the culture clash, and frankly I need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter