Brothers

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIMIN’S POV

Her lips, her eyes, her scent, her smile.

But I want to know how she tastes...

She must be sweeter than honey itself.

Too much honey is sickly, but let me be sick if it’s in her love.

Our souls which were leaning on each other for so long finally reached our brains, our hearts and our bodies.

Her lips are so soft and delicate; I’ll never forget them if I can get just one taste...

*******

She was staring at me with those wide, light brown eyes of hers, how could anyone resist?

Her lips touched mine briefly before I pushed her away, what was happening?

She gave me a puppy face.

Aish, why doesn’t she know her worth?

She’s too beautiful for any man to touch, it’s better to stand far away and stare.

No, even staring for too long is a sin, just close your eyes and imagine.

How can Park Jimin of such low class have an impure relationship with his queen who’s crazy over her King Taehyung?

My eyes dropped down to her flushed pink, plump lips and I couldn’t resist.

I am a man after all, and Jasmine, well she’s all I’ve ever wanted.

Before she could lean in again first, I pushed my body forward and put my hand on the back of her head, gently pressing her face into mine before closing my eyes and loving her.

Loving her like no one else could.

She bit down on my bottom lip as I flinched with heavenly pain.

My hands fell to her back as I pushed her in deeper to me, I wanted to feel all of her, she was perfect in every way.

Our arms were wrapped around each other as I was kissing her gently, passionately and full of the love I’ve been keeping in for twelve years...

Oh Minnie, why can’t I have all of you?

I’m already your best friend, I know you like no one else, and I would take care of you like no one else could.

I’ll love your child like it’s my own.

Ya what am I saying?

I would love her child more than I love her, if that’s even possible.

No matter who the father is...

It’s Taehyung’s child.

Minnie is Taehyung’s girlfriend.

Wake up Jimin, your dream ends here, don’t step your limits.

I instantly pulled away before wanting to lunge back in.

I smiled sultrily at her beautifully kissed face; I had been able to taste the love of my life and she was deathly sweet.

“What’s wrong?”

Her gorgeous lips were moving as her angelic voice escaped them.

“I – I can’t...”

I tied to shake my head free from these devilish fantasies and dropped my eyes; she’s my brother’s girlfriend and I just kissed her.

I’ve become a snake in the grass, I’ve betrayed my brother, my best friend.

“Jimin I meant it! I knew what I was doing, I wanted to kiss you and I enjoyed every moment of it!”

I stared at her with wide eyes and a lump formed in my throat before I started stepping back.

Oh no, this wasn’t supposed to happen.

She should’ve run away like in the dramas, she should ignore me and we shouldn’t speak of this again.

Why didn’t she pull away first?

I shook my head in fright, I was scared, I’d rather die than destroy Taehyung and Minnie’s relationship.

What have I done?

Who have I become?

I brushed my styled hair back rapidly until I was clawing at it with frustration, expecting her to run away and curse me, hit me – but she never flinched once.

She was still staring at me, oh how I wanted to kiss her roughly, passionately and lovingly all over again.

I want to take her sadness and pain away; I wanted to free my spirit...

“No, no, no...Minnie, you’re Taehyung’s girlfriend...that should never have happened... how will I live with myself?!”

I can’t do this anymore, I don’t know what’s right and wrong anymore, I don’t know if I’m dreaming or awake, what can I do now?

I turned around and tried to run away, I needed to leave; she needs to regain her senses.

I’m Park Jimin, her best friend, she doesn’t love me, I told her to stay away!

I told her to push me away even if I tried coming close and look at her now!

She broke her promise and I will never get over her.

I just know that no one or nothing will ever help me forget her; she’ll be the most painful truth and most beautiful memory that I can never call mine.

“Jiminie come back!”

I covered my ears and ran out of the shed onto the grass; the sun was shining down extra bright as students were laughing and enjoying time carelessly.

I blinked twice and found myself trapped in a wire cage.

I tried to run, but only found dead ends.

I looked around and tried to shout for help.

“Hyung!”

I heard a distant voice and tried running as fast as I could to the voice, but my knees gave way and I fell.

I got up again, ignoring the scars on my feet, the voice was getting closer and closer, let me run some more, please let me run more...

“Ya Jiminah!”

I jumped out of the cage.

“Jimin, wake up!”

I blinked and jolted opened my eyes.

I saw a familiar pair of round eyes looking down at me with worry as I chuckled weakly.

I’d been having the same dream over and over again; even when I lay down to rest after practice, this same dream haunts me.

“Hyung, are you okay? Did you have a bad dream?” Jungkook asked with concern as I lifted my arm to ruffle his hair.

“Thank God it was just a dream,” I replied as he helped me sit up.

I guess I fell asleep on the studio floor after practice.

Taehyung still hadn’t come to Seoul and it was now Sunday and our manager was getting really annoyed with his carelessness to practice.

“Did you get through to Taehyung?” I asked Jungkook as we both got up and stretched.

Everyone else had left and it was only me and Jungkook.

We started walking out of the studio to the entrance of the Big Hit building.

“Aniyo, I couldn’t get through to him. I’m really hungry, can we go eat somewhere?” Jungkook whined as I nodded.

After we smiled and waved to some fan girls, we entered the local Korean barbecue restaurant and ordered beef with rice.

Jungkook rolled tiny balls of tissue and wet them before he aimed at my face as I tried to get him back but failed.

I eventually allowed him to carry on entertaining himself as I sat there laughing whilst tissue was being thrown at me.

When one hit my eye, Jungkook burst out into a fit of laughter as I threw a chopstick at him but missed.

However once our food came, he instantly became quiet and let me grill the meat whilst he was eating the sides.

“Everything’s so messed up,” Jungkook said as we both stuffed our mouths with the succulent grilled meat.

I nodded, “I don’t know who’d attack Sooyoung like that. How is she now anyway?”

Jungkook looked at me before going red, “I wasn’t talking about her, but last I heard she’s fine now.”

“Heard? Haven’t you spoken to her?” I asked, shoving a spoonful of rice into my mouth.

Jungkook swallowed, “I couldn’t get through to her. it, I don’t really care about her anyway, she’s never loved me or even liked me.”

I gazed at Jungkook before reaching over to rub his arm, “I don’t want to say I told you so but...”

Jungkook gave me a deathly stare as I laughed.

“What’s happening with Song Jasmine and V hyung? Last time I saw him, he was fuming and forced me to come here,” Jungkook mumbled as my stomach dropped.

“I think they’re having a rough patch, but they’ll get over it soon and life will be back to normal again,” I chuckled as I could feel Jungkook’s half moon eyes on my face.

“Normal? How can it be normal when she’s pregnant with his kid?”

I immediately looked up at him, “What did you say?”

“Ya don’t try and deny it now, it can’t be anyone else’s child,” Jungkook replied confidently as I tried laughing it off.

“How can you be so sure? Ya how do you even know she’s pregnant?” I stammered.

“They had at Namjoon’s p-”

I slammed my fist down on the table as I felt my heart pounding.

Jungkook became silent as I breathed in heavily, my appetite had just gone.

A few seconds went by until my anger calmed down and I was as shocked as Jungkook.

“M-mianhae, I don’t know what’s wrong with me these days, I even k-”

I was about to tell Jungkook about the kiss but stopped short when I looked up at him, I didn’t want to drag him in this mess.

No, I didn’t want him hating Minnie even more.

Jungkook crawled over to me and placed his arm on my shoulder, “I’m sorry for bringing it up.”

Before I knew it, he was stuffing rice in my face which went everywhere but inside my mouth.

I hit him playfully, “Ya tell me one thing. How are you sure it’s Taehyung’s? I thought you’d be the first to say it’s someone else’s.”

Jungkook looked down, “As much as I dislike her, I know it can’t be anyone else’s but Taehyung’s.”

We stopped speaking about it as I got up to pay.

“Ani, leave it,” Jungkook tried to say but I laughed.

“Shutup, when have you ever paid anyway? Ya I like feeding you,” I replied as I ruffled his hair.

We decided to take the train back to Daegu to find Taehyung.

Once we got off the train and out of the station, Jungkook stared ahead and stopped before running as fast as he could – which was very fast.

“Ya! Jungkookah where are you going?” I called after him, but he never turned back.

Aish, this boy is so random and ambiguous!

I ran after him and heard his voice coming from around the corner.

He was speaking to a guy dressed in all grey who looked about Jin hyung’s age and was very well built.

He had black wavy hair and the same half moon eyes as Jungkook.

Looking at him, he was basically an older more rough and scary version of Jungkook.

I approached him with caution; I didn’t like his aura at all.

He felt dangerous and unpredictable, but why was Jungkook speaking with him with a staggered tone and shaky voice?

The guy turned to me and looked at me up and down which made me feel even more uncomfortable, but I stood beside Jungkook who I felt edged in closer to me.

“And who’s this now?” The guy had a deep, husky voice and didn’t take his eyes off me once as I tried staring back at him.

“I’m Park Jimin, and you are?” I asked confidently as he raised his eyebrows and turned back to Jungkook.

I looked at Jungkook who was forcing a smile, but I could see how awkward this guy was making Jungkook feel which instantly got me angry. 

“This is my b-brother, Jeon Junghyun,” Jungkook muttered to me as my face tensed and eyes automatically widened.

This guy was Jungkook’s hyung, his older brother?

His older brother who went to prison, his older brother who single handedly destroyed so many lives of girls back in Old Daegu...

I didn’t know what to say, so I just nodded.

“Are you part of that Bangtan Sonyeondan as well?” He asked patronisingly as I nodded once.

“Hyung, why don’t you come home just once? Why did you come all the way here if you aren’t going to even show your face? Do you even know how worried Eomma has been all these years?” Jungkook sounded as though he’d burst into tears any moment.

Junghyun stepped closer to Jungkook as I flinched, he was already making Jungkook feel so uncomfortable, he better not do anything else.

“Is that any way to speak to your older brother? Don’t ask so many questions,” he replied dismissively as Jungkook bit down on his lip and scratched the top of his head nervously.

“Jungkook, let’s go and find Taehyung now,” I took Jungkook’s hand as Junghyun burst out into a mean snigger.

“Ya, since when were you my gay little brother?”

My blood was boiling as I felt Jungkook snatch his hand away from me with embarrassment.

“He’s like a younger brother to me. Brothers love each other, if you know what that means,” I coldly replied.

I was shocked at myself, that wasn’t like me at all!

But then again, no one can dare intimidate my brothers and I wasn’t scared of anyone anymore.

Junghyun stepped forward and glared in to my eyes, he had the same eyes as Jungkook’s but his were dark and dull.

“I don’t think you know who I am, if you did you wouldn’t even have the courage to breathe,” he whispered in my ear as I stepped back.

There was a silence which Jungkook broke.

“H-hyung, you aren’t coming home then?”

Junghyun clicked his knuckles and shook his head, “No. Don’t tell Mum and Dad I’ve come back out, they’ll find out soon enough. You two continue your little journey, I need to do something. Take care.”

He flashed a half smile at Jungkook before his eyes turned to me coldly.

I remember how handsome every girl thought he was, they would all fall for him like dominoes and he’d not even help pick them up.

Apparently, he was a serial playboy because Seoyeon noona had always turned him down.

They used to go to school together and he developed a childish crush which turned into a deep rooted affection, but Seoyeon noona wasn’t interested.

He regretted ever liking her and he never loved another girl again, he would use them like tissue and throw them away just as bad.

His dull eyes were glaring at me as I took Jungkook’s hand again.

“Gaja, let’s look for Taehyung.”

Jungkook looked back at his brother who was now on the phone and turned to me before I patted him on his back.

I saw a tear fall down his face as he tried to pull away, hiding it from me so I pretended to not see.

There were so many broken souls surrounding me that I knew only positivity could mend so how can I be so selfish to even think about my desires and dreams?

We all share one dream and that is to debut as bulletproof boy scouts, top idols, world renowned Bangtan Sonyeondan and I’d do everything to make that happen.

******************

JASMINE’S POV

“That was so long!” Krystal groaned as we left the exam hall.

We just finished a back to back Maths and English exam and we were exhausted.

“I’m so happy those ones are out of the way though, we only have a few left now,” I replied as Krystal nodded in agreement.

We both finished around the same time and were one of the first to leave as we were making our way back to the main school building.

As soon as we entered, there were crowds of students gathered at the stand where prom tickets were now being sold.

“Ya one at a time! Ya! Stop – pushing!”

Namjoon and a couple of the prom committee students were having trouble in maintaining an orderly queue as students were rushing to get the tickets at early discount prices.

Krystal excitedly tapped my shoulder, “Let’s get tickets!”

She was so cute when she was excited about something, but I sighed and shook my head.

“You go ahead. Get one for yourself, I don’t think I’ll be coming,” I said, remembering mine and Taehyung’s situation.

Prom was next Saturday, and it was highly unlikely that we’d make up by then.

I told him we were over, he thinks I’m pregnant with someone else’s child, and so it wasn’t highly unlikely we would make up, it was impossible.

“Stop being silly. I might not go with Kai this year either, but we might as well enjoy the last prom of our school lives! Ya it will be so fun! Come on,” Krystal persuaded as I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“Okay, whatever. Let’s hurry then,” I said unenthusiastically as Krystal dragged me by the hand to the messed up line.

 We managed to get ourselves the last two discounted tickets and I couldn’t help but smile, it was always a good feeling to get the last one of anything.

We had double maths and because we just finished the end of year exam, we ended up watching a film and messing around.

Halfway through the film, Taehyung, Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok and Jinwoon walked in and sat right at the back of the class, throwing paper at everyone in front.

This was the first time I’d seen Taehyung since telling him about the baby not being his, and just as expected, he reacted as though I didn’t exist.

I was thinking about Taehyung, but my eyes were staring at Jimin as he had a blank face on and sat down beside Taehyung.

Butterflies were flapping their wings in my belly as I wished I never kissed Jimin.

He was my childhood best friend and we knew everything about each other but I had to ruin things like I always do.

I couldn’t see them properly because the substitute teacher dimmed the lights for the film, but I knew they were both ignoring me.

The film lasted one period and so for the next one, we all decided to talk and mess around.

Whenever we had lessons like these, the girls and boys automatically separated into group circles to converse and right now it was me, Krystal, Irene, Seulgi and Wendy who were in a group.

Sooyoung hadn’t returned to school since she was attacked and I was expecting her crew to hate me, but they acted as though nothing had happened.

They were always nice to me, even when she was here and now that she wasn’t, here we were playing spin the bottle.

“Ya when is this going to stop spinning!” Wendy giggled as we all looked anxiously at who it would stop on.

It stopped on Krystal as we all laughed and made ‘oooooh’ sounds.

We were quite loud, but the boy’s side of the class were louder so we didn’t care and weren’t embarrassed.

“Ok, so I dare you...” Seulgi paused as she was thinking.

I turned to Krystal who rolled her eyes, “Take your time Seulgi.”

“Let me think! Ya haha! Okay, I dare you to go up to the boys group and do individual aegyo to all of them!”

“Aish!” We all cringed and shook our arms and legs as Krystal gave Seulgi a death stare.

“I am not doing that, it’s so lame!” Krystal complained as we all laughed at her fate.

“You know the rules Krystal! If you don’t do it, you have to be Seulgi’s slave for a whole day,” Wendy informed Krystal as I poked her.

“It’s not that bad. Which group should she go up to?” I asked, looking around.

There was Taehyung, Jimin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hobie and Jinwoon’s group or Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Suho’s group.

“Namjoon’s group,” Irene said devilishly as Krystal cringed before getting up.

We watched her walking over to them before she turned around begging to not do it, but we forced her to go.

I noticed Kai was watching her intently which made things even more saucy. 

As soon as she went over to them, they all turned to her.

She looked at us with desperation, but we shook our heads as she smiled weakly to all of them.

All of a sudden, she twirled around and started making cute aegyo poses with her fists on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter