Trainee life

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JASMINE’S POV

“Know what?”

Jimin and Jungkook obviously didn’t hear me.

I heard them talk about my family being ruined, but why were they talking about my family?

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he stared at me, but Jimin still didn’t turn around.

“Know what Jimin?” I said louder and clearer as Jimin turned his head slightly, I knew he was struggling to try and say something.

So whatever he’d say next would definitely be a lie.

He turned to me as he tried smiling, his eyes looking everywhere but at my face.

“Uh, nothing. Just um- just something about our debut and-”

I know Jimin’s lying voice so well.

“Don’t lie to me,” I stepped closer to Jimin, trying to stare in his eyes but he was looking away.

“Tell me the truth, why were you talking of my family being ruined? Why would I never be happy, Jimin for God’s sake tell me!” I shouted as I was getting both angry and scared.

I remember Eonni telling me to watch out for anything and everything that I could hear or find out; she said someone from my school was out to ruin our family.

Jimin knew something and Jungkook knew something, but no one would leave here until I knew that something.

I stared at Jimin as he was desperately trying to think of something.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jungkook picking up his phone from the floor and slowly putting it in his back pocket.

Why was his phone on the floor?

I looked back at Jimin as he was silent, not saying or doing anything and sighed.

My nerves were getting jumpy and I felt dizzy.

“Jungkook, show me your phone. What were you showing Jimin?”

I didn’t realise that I had pushed Jimin aside and was now standing only inches away from Jungkook who was a giant compared to me.

He’d probably shout or curse at me, but I didn’t care.

If Jimin wasn’t telling me, Jungkook had to.

I glared at Jungkook as he looked taken aback by my assertiveness and flushed a light shade of pink before his eyes dropped to the floor and he stepped back.

“I don’t care if you don’t like me, the fact that both of you were talking about me is in itself a right for me to know too. Ppalli, tell me,” I felt very confident speaking to Jungkook who I knew hated me, but it was because this situation concerned my family.

I could become a lioness in less than ten seconds if someone was trying to harm my family or those whom I loved.

Jungkook stared back at me and for a second I saw a flash of childish innocence in his eyes which made me want to comfort him before he hardened his gaze and took out his phone.

“Ya Jungkook, don’t!” Jimin pushed Jungkook forward as he stood in between us, looking very angry, and his eyes were wide and fiery.

I couldn’t help but appreciate how handsome Jimin was when he was angry.

The only other time I’ve seen him angry was when he burst into the cafeteria and started fighting with Chanyeol and his friends.

Jimin hardly ever got angry, yeah he got annoyed and frustrated frequently, but this must be something big for him to display such anger that even Park Jimin can’t laugh off.

Before Jungkook could do anything or break the eye contact they were having, I started shouting.

“Jimin, move! Ya Jeon Jungkook, show me now! And don’t you dare try and stop him!”

I was getting really angry as butterflies were erupting in my stomach, not to mention I had a splitting headache.

Jimin turned and stared at me with the same level of anger before it all melted away and he looked deeply worried.

He started brushing his hair back as Jungkook placed a hand on his shoulder, “Hyung, its better she finds out now than later.”

Jimin whispered something in Jungkook’s ear before he stood beside me, kicking the wall and silently anticipating what would happen next.

The whole corridor was silent and empty apart from the three of us and the gleaming rays of sunshine giving everything a warm glow.

I caught Jungkook’s eye as he immediately looked away and took out his phone again.

I swallowed, what was I about to see that Jimin was sure wouldn’t make me happy again?

My thoughts were disrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps as Jungkook turned around.

I looked behind him and saw a rugged Taehyung taking long strides to where we were, his fist clenched and his other hand loosening his school tie.

His large eyes were giving death glares in our direction as his orange hair was ruffled up and messy.

“Ya, Jimin!”

His deep voice echoed through the corridor as I felt Jimin straighten up, pulling his collar forward and tilting his neck back.

What on earth...?

It seemed as though they were about to have a full on fight, both getting prepared for each other’s appearance as both Jungkook and I were shocked at their reactions.

“Taehyung,” Jimin coolly replied.

Taehyung stopped short when he laid his eyes on me.

He must not have seen me because of Jungkook’s built body covering mine from the direction Taehyung had stormed down from.

He scanned my face and body briefly before his eyes glued on to mine and instantly started reading my mind.

I dropped my gaze as Taehyung quickly turned away from me.

“Ya Jiminie, why did you do that?” I was surprised with Taehyung’s sudden change of tone, it was instantly calmer than before.

Jimin looked straight at Taehyung as his cool voice didn’t alter, “Do what?”

Taehyung narrowed his eyes, “You know what. There was no need to carry her all the way here. Do you even know what everyone’s saying? Ya you could’ve told me to take Minnie, or you could’ve at least turned around and smiled at me!”

I rolled my eyes as Jimin and Taehyung started bickering.

“I did what I thought best at that moment. Why do you even care what everyone says? What’s more important, Minnie’s health or other people?” Jimin replied back, chuckling patronisingly.

Taehyung stepped closer to Jimin, “You can never understand how important Minnie is to me.”

Jimin looked down before he stared deep into Taehyung’s eyes, “Neither will you Taetae.”

A knife could cut the tension and awkwardness that just developed as Taehyung and Jimin’s eye contact wasn’t breaking and I could feel Jungkook’s huge moon eyes glaring at me with hatred.

“What does that mean?” Taehyung broke the silence as he was still staring at Jimin.

Jimin laughed warmly, “It doesn’t matter. Do you know something?”

Taehyung looked away as he shook his head, “What?”

“Even when Minnie was unconscious, she could only say your name,” Jimin replied quietly as Taehyung’s eyes widened before he nodded his head slowly.

“Of course, that’s what love is. When two people both love each other, things like that are bound to happen,” Taehyung replied a bit too arrogantly.

All of a sudden, I felt a strong hand tug my arm as I looked up to see Jungkook dragging me away from them.

“Ya Jungkooka!  What are you doing?” Jimin shouted as Taehyung immediately grabbed Jungkook’s free arm.

Jungkook shrugged them off, “I need to talk with her in private. Don’t worry, I won’t hurt her.”

I tried twisting my arm free, but Jungkook’s fingers dug deeper into my arm.

I wanted to scream from the sharp pain, but bit my lip because I didn’t want Taehyung or Jimin to stop Jungkook from talking to me in private.

I wanted to hear what this boy had to say.

“It’s okay,” I placed my hand on Taehyung’s arm as he looked at me with an apologetic stare.

“Mianhae for what happened in class,” he whispered as his deep voice was trickling down my eardrum.

I gave him a quick smile as Jungkook tugged on my arm.

I glanced over at Jimin and-

He wiped a tear from the corner of his eye.

Ya, it was probably hay fever.

I didn’t have to use my legs that much as Jungkook was practically dragging me over to the part of the corridor which had a dead end.

He let go of my arm as I stumbled back.

He immediately cornered me and started staring deep into my soul, he was judging me and shooting looks of hate in my direction, his red hair accentuating his dangerous look.

There was some silence before he creased his eyebrows and started speaking in a low tone, “I could say a lot of things to you, but I only bought you here to answer the question Jimin hyung wasn’t telling you.”

I gulped as Jungkook waited for a reply.

How can a younger boy have the aura of a college student?

Every time I find myself speaking with him, my heart pounds out of fear and I get worried about all the thoughts which cross his mind about me.

Last week I was having lunch with Krystal on the field and it was a hot day, so I had short socks and a fitted white t shirt on with my hair tied up in two long bunches.

Krystal had been looking behind me and I was curious to what she was looking at, so I turned around and caught Jungkook staring at me before he looked up, to the side and flushed red as he stood up and walked away.

He hit the flagpole on his way back in and Krystal instantly analysed him, she said he was a young kid trapped in the body of a sangnamja so when he catches sight of a fit body, he acts like a child and blushes.

I laughed it off, but she was definitely right.

I looked up at Jungkook, “Can I ask you a question?”

He raised his eyebrows and nodded so quickly that if I blinked, I’d have missed it.

“Why do you hate me?”

There was silence which surprisingly wasn’t as awkward like the others had been today.

He was about to reply when he changed his mind and chuckled, “Are you sure you want to know why Jimin hyung and I were talking about your family?”

I wish he told me why he hated me so much.

I nodded viciously, “Yes, I want to know.”

Jungkook whipped out his phone and started playing a video of what looked like a blurry CCTV, I could only make out two people, a girl and a man.

The footage got clearer as I looked up at Jungkook through my bangs.

“Hold it,” he said as he stepped back.

I took the phone and swallowed, I could make out a JYP logo in the back.

My heart crumbled as I instantly knew who the girl was.

I stuffed the phone back in Jungkook’s hand.

I snatched it from him again and re-winded it.

I paused it on the girl’s face.

My eyes must be blurred; I always knew that I needed glasses.

I played it and paused it, played and paused, played and paused until my fingers started trembling.

“W-where d-did you... where did you get this?” I whispered as Jungkook took the phone out of my hand.

“It’s going viral, everyone knows about this.”

“Ani...aniyo, Jungkook – look! She’s being forced to...” I was trembling; my heart was racing as everything felt like a dream playing out in slow motion.

A boulder had landed on my heart as I dropped down on the floor, taking deep breaths in and out.

Eonni?

My sister, my Aunty?

She couldn’t have been having an affair with this guy, she was too clever to do this .

Even if she was, she’d know not to do it in front of CCTV.

But who was this guy?

Hang on – did Jungkook say it was going viral?

That means...our family...Halapoji...Eonni’s debut...Jin...

No, no, no.

“Do you know who I am?” Jungkook’s husky voice broke the rapid thoughts playing out in my mind.

I looked up, what kind of a question is that to ask me?

I furrowed my brows, “Please, you need to help me stop this Jungkook! I know we haven’t been seeing eye to eye but please-”

He cut me off laughing, “Help you? You must be having a laugh!”

I blinked and stared at him dumbfounded, how can a beloved friend of Taehyung’s be so mean?

He stepped closer to me, only inches from my face.

“My name is Jeon Jungkook. I have a Dad, Mum and one fun loving, older brother called Jeon Junghyun. We used to live in a mansion in Old Daegu ten years ago when my Dad was successfully running for mayor,” Jungkook placed his arm on the wall behind me.

Jeon Junghyun... Junghyun, Junghyun... that name sounds so familiar!

I tried squirming away, but froze in my steps when it finally hit me who Junghyun was.

My eyes slowly moved from the floor to meet Jungkook’s half moon eyes which had a strange sense of satisfaction in them.

He carried on bitterly, “Along came a girl called Song Seoyeon. She destroyed my brother inside and out. Apparently he ‘’ her and boom- along came a scandal, prison and dishonour for the Jeon family. We were driven out of our home that generations grew up in.”

My mouth was hanging open, this couldn’t be happening.

This wasn’t real, someone please pinch me.

I tried swallowing but my throat was dry and coarse, I was silently choking.

Jungkook stepped away from me and started playing with a strand of my wavy hair in his long fingers which had fallen out of my French braid.

“Now you tell me Song Jasmine, should I help Song Seoyeon or should I thank the world for the beauty of Karma?”

Tears formed in my eyes but they weren’t able to drop as I bit the inner part of my bottom lip.

Why was this happening to us all of a sudden, why has this calamity befallen our family?

Jungkook waited for my response, but what could I say?

What was left to be said, ya all these years...

I closed my eyes briefly, hoping I’d wake up cosy in my soft bed, looking out of the window doors into the starry Daegu night sky...

Minnie was holding on to her Appa’s hand tightly as they were watching the crowd throw eggs at a man.

Flashes were everywhere as cameras and journalists had flooded the outside of a huge mansion; it was beautiful and looked so homely.

“Appa, tell them to stop! It’s not nice to do that!”

Minnie tried squirming out of her Dad’s embrace, but he firmly pulled her back.

“They deserve each and every egg thrown at them.”

Minnie looked up to her Dad sadly before she looked on.

She spotted a little boy running through the crowd, trying to get forward.

He looked younger than her with his short, black hair combed over and two front teeth peeking out of his small lips. He had a worried look on his chubby face as his moon eyes were slanted upwards with distress.

He wasn’t crying but just looking at him trying to desperately find someone made Minnie want to cry.

I opened my eyes.

That little boy was Jungkook.

And right now, there was that same distressed look on his face as he was biting down on his bottom lip and his eyes had become glazed with tears.

His eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw was clenched.

“Jungkook, I’m so sorry for what happened to your family, I really am. If I knew the intensity of the situation all those years back, I would have stopped it! But please, don’t let my family get ruined, I’ll do anything. Jehbal, please!”

I was pleading with him as he stood there, looking past me.

“Even if I wanted to stop the video, it’s already on the internet and you should know that it can be removed, but will always be there. Besides, my brother deserves justice, all he ever did was enjoy his youth and your family put him in prison for that.”

A jolt of pain whizzed through my belly which was instantly replaced with anger and helplessness.

Jungkook looked at me for a couple of minutes before he smirked and was about to walk away, when I grabbed his upper arm.

He flinched as his ears went red and he turned around.

“Your brother destroyed so many girls’ lives,” I said with a stone cold voice.

Jungkook started walking towards me with heavy steps as I stepped back until I hit the wall again.

“I guess it runs in the family. Ya, I could ruin your life just like that,” he clicked his fingers in my face as I could feel the vibrations of anger from his voice.

I gulped before I returned a furious glare.

There was nothing left to be said other then throw threats at each other.

He was right, the damage was already done.

All my feelings of worry were replaced with a strong feeling of frustration towards Eonni.

She was always so sharp and clever, how did she let this situation happen especially when she knew all the publicity our family were getting?

All I could do now was hope and pray that her company would be dealing with the mess she’s put herself in.

But who leaked it?

When I find out, I promise they’ll get what’s coming to them.

Urgh, I can’t just sit here and do nothing, I need someone who’s good with the internet and hacking into things.

Just then, Taehyung and Jimin appeared in front of us.

 I must’ve been so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t see them come back as they were looking from me to Jungkook with anticipation.

I looked to Jungkook who stared straight back at me with a twisted smile.

“Jagi let’s go,” Taehyung finally broke the silence and took me by my hand.

I went along with him and kept my gaze down, avoiding both Jimin and Jungkook’s eyes as Taehyung was leading me down the stairs, past groups of students and fan girls pointing at us.

“Are you hungry?” Taehyung asked as we stopped on the ground floor.

I shook my head and looked down; he was trying to act normal after everything that had just happened.

“Well I am, so you have to eat with me,” he said firmly as he bought two lunchboxes and we sat down at the table furthest away from everyone’s prying eyes.

The canteen was quite packed today; everyone was avoiding the scorching sun outside.

“Here, use the spoon to mix the rice and kimchi together and break the egg. Close the lid and ba-bam! Shake it, shake it real good!” Taehyung got up and started moving his hips whilst shaking the closed lunchbox as he opened it in front of me.

I chuckled and shook my head before Taehyung walked around the table and sat next to me.

He piled up a spoonful of rice as he placed it to my lips.

“Say aaah, open wide or it’ll mess up your clothes,” he warned as I knew he wouldn’t accept no for an answer.

As I opened my mouth, Taehyung pulled it away and started making aeroplane noises in a bid to make me laugh as he whistled like an engine when it was going inside my mouth.

I felt happier and only just realised how hungry I really was.

“Another one,” I said quietly, pointing to the box as Taehyung raised his eyebrows teasingly.

“So now Miss Jasmine has returned to her natural habitat of eating!”

“Ya,” I laughed and pushed Taehyung’s orange head away before he started feeding me again, it was always fun being fed by someone else, and food always tastes better when given with love.

After some more huge spoonfuls and chugging of Coca Cola, I leant my head on Taehyung’s shoulder as I forgot about everything for a brief moment.

I forgot that Eonni had a leaked video with goodness knows who and I also forgot that...that I was carrying Taehyung’s child in me.

I instantly lifted my head up at the thought of a child as Taehyung turned to me.

“Wae? What’s wrong?”

As I looked at Taehyung, I felt a strange feeling of rejoice knowing that a part of him was constantly developing inside me.

Maybe I should keep the baby...?

I mean, Taehyung was very immature most of the time, but I knew that there was no one quite as protective and caring as him.

He has flaws, but who doesn’t?

Ya, his child would be so beautiful, he’d make such a loving father, he’d shower any child with fatherly love, imagine what he’d do with his own...

No.

Not now.

I shook my head, Eonni’s problem was already on show for the public, and I can’t add another scandal on the pile.

But how can an innocent baby be a problem? If anything, this was a blessing.

No.

I mustn’t fall into this trap of the present; I must look to the future.

Taehyung would be a perfect Dad, he’d never allow our child to feel insecure or unhappy for a split second, but who says Taehyung has to know anything about a child anyway?

I could just abort the undeveloped foetus before it was too late, and Taehyung didn’t have to know anything about it whatsoever.

He doesn’t know right now, and look how happy we are!

Imagine if for some reason, he finds out and breaks up with you Jasmine...

Imagine if you tell him and he runs away again...

“Minnie, what are you hiding from me? What did Jungkook say to you? Ya, if you don’t tell me what he said, I’ll find out anyway,” Taehyung’s deep voice broke my thoughts as I focused my eyes on him.

I must get rid of this child now.

It’ll be best for everyone, for both our families.

Taehyung’s Mum already has enough on her plate and Taehyung, ya he’s going to debut soon! If he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter