Sports day

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wonder how Taetae is enjoying his detention," Jimin was already walking to the detention room. 

I ran after him. 

"He's got detention again? Wait, Jiminie, hold up!" 

I finally decided to put my ego aside and speak to Taehyung. 

Even if I don't speak to him, I'll at least smile or look in his direction so that he knows I'm not the childish one. 

Yeah, that's what I'll do. 

It was my fault in the first place for allowing Jackson so close to me on two occasions; even Jimin said he would've reacted the same way if he were in Taehyung's position. 

I should try to make things better between us; after all he is the love of my life. 

His mere presence makes me happy; the least I can do is try to reconcile things 

"Minnie, don't go in there. Let's leave, he's with a teacher."

Jimin was pushing me back as he looked worried and shocked, his puffy eyes widening like marbles.

I heard the low murmur of a girl's voice. 

"Move out of my way, Jimin," I tried to push past him, but he was very strong. 

"Jasmine, please don't go in there," Jimin was rushing me away from the door, but I was determined to see what he was hiding from me.

I put all my strength in pushing Jimin out of the way and he hit the door, making a loud banging noise as it flung wide open. 

Taehyung was pressed against another girl's body and all my dreams were rapidly crashing down on me. 

His body was intertwined with...

Wait, no it can't be. 

He was wrapped around Sooyoung, my nightmares were forming a reality that I couldn't escape from.

His lips were pressed tightly on her face and my heart froze, tears swelling up in my eyes, I tried to run away but a wave of icy water suddenly engulfed my existence. 

No one else was drowning as Taehyung and Sooyoung slowly turned to me, their faces that of rattlesnakes.

They hissed as their forked tongues wrapped around each other's, pointing to me and laughing, curling their bodies tighter around each other.

They had become a two headed rattlesnake.

I was levitating in a pool of heavy, ice cold water, flying away from them all, but suffocating and choking on water.

Water was mixing with my hot blood.

I was dying, I couldn't breathe.

I can't breathe...

 

"Minnie, Jasmine, MINNIE! Wake up, you're having a nightmare!" 

I immediately sat up and touched my face which was dripping wet.

I looked up and saw huge puppy eyes staring down at me; it was Jimin who looked concerned as his eyes were whizzing all over my face.

I jumped up and hugged him as tight as I could, glad it was all just a dream but soon realising Taehyung was still the same cheater I dreamt of.  

The Sunday sunshine was beaming bright off Jimin's face and he had now pulled me away, cupping my face in his soft hands.

I didn't realise that I was trembling in cold sweat, until Jimin started my back and telling me it was only just a dream. 

"Here, this will make you feel better," Jimin helped me drink some water from a glass as I tried to smile and looked into his warm eyes. 

"I had a nightmare about Taehyung, it seemed so real! He and Sooyoung became snakes and I was drowning," I looked down, letting my morning hair waves fall to conceal my expression. 

Jimin smoothed my locks off my face.

"Mianhae, it's probably because I was trying to wake you up with water. You were screaming in your sleep and I couldn't wake you up any other way."

I looked back at him and chuckled, my stomach making a hideous growling noise.  

We both looked down at my belly and started laughing.

"I tried to leave again this morning, but Halmeouni was up early making food already. Wash your face and let's tuck in," Jimin said helping me up out of bed. 

"What time is it and where's Eonni?" I turned to Jimin who was trying to walk out.

"It's just gone 11 am and Eonni's probably still sleeping. Last night, everyone went to sleep early and I caught her leaving the house to meet Jin Hyung," Jimin replied, shaking his head with laughter and leaving my room. 

When I finally got washed up, I raced to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of cereal, I couldn't wait until lunch. 

Soon after a whopping lunch personally made by Halmeouni, Jimin said goodbye to everyone who were all reluctant to allow him to leave. 

Eonni hadn't woken up for lunch and Uncle Hwijae told Aunt Jeong to get her to wish Jimin goodbye.

"Jimin, you should've stayed longer, there was a real sense of liveliness when you were here. I hope this isn't a one off," Halmeouni warned Jimin who was now as usual brushing his hair back.

"I promise I'll visit often Halmeouni, the years of ice has finally broken," Jimin grinned. 

Halapoji, Appa and my uncles all hugged Jimin tightly before Aunt Jeong came out, dragging a tired Eonni who said a sleepy goodbye to him and trudged back off into her room.

Catching Jimin's eye, I silently laughed wondering how late Eonni got back home without anyone batting an eye at her cunning escapades. 

 "I'll see you tomorrow. If you need to speak to someone, I'm only a message away," Jimin whispered in my ear as he hugged me, his heart beating fast under his white t shirt.

"I won't message you pabo, I'll Face Time you," I grinned. 

"And thanks for everything Jiminie. I've decided to concentrate on what matters, which are my studies, basketball, family and my friends," I replied to him as everyone had gone back to the lounge with the exception of Seojun who was grabbing on to Jimin's ripped jeans. 

Jimin eyed me mischievously, "And who are your friends?" 

I rolled my eyes oblivious to his teasing, "You, Krystal, Yoongi and maybe Hobie. Oh and possibly Namjoon, I don't know yet haha."

Jimin laughed and quickly grabbed a squealing Seojun who was momentarily shocked by the sudden movement.

"And I'll see you and your naughty twin brother soon!" Jimin chuckled, showering Seojun with kisses that instantly melted my heart. 

Ignoring his protests, I walked Jimin back to the train station and got him on the train before I walked back home, past the children's park and the old forest packed with all of our childhood memories. 

"Minnie, I know I'm not perfect but please accept me as I am. I don't want to lose you to anyone else but I'm not the ideal boyfriend either.

I want you so bad but I need some time to make myself up to your standard, it's just... I love you more than I know how to control..."

I sighed and shook my head clear of the meaningless words of Kim Taehyung.

This boy was giving me nothing but headaches, heartaches and hallucinations. 

****************

"Ya Song Jasmine, what's gotten into you?! Yoongi, pass the ball over to Kai, ppalli!" 

Coach Gwok was really overworking us, there were only a couple of days left until sports day and I swear we all felt like fainting right now.

It was double PE and whilst the rest of the class were outside on the field, Coach took this time to drag the basketball team in the sports hall and fit an hour of unscheduled practice before lunchtime. 

Most of the team were in our class with the exceptions of Kris and Jinwoon and so we had become a big family that everyone looked out for. 

If someone tried to pick an argument or bully one of us, we'd all step in as one unit and defend each other which would give a clear message not to mess with Daegu High basketball team. 

"Coach – can – I – get – a – drink juseyo?"

I was panting and I could feel the blood whizzing to my cheeks as we just finished a nonstop half hour session of intense defending in pairs.

Coach nodded and took a look at the whole team before he blew his whistle.

"Okay, okay. You guys played very well today, you can leave now. Tomorrow is the last official practice; make sure you're all there. Someone tell Kris and Jinwoon as well, it would've been perfect if they were in your class too but keep up the good work anyway."

I felt a heavy hand on me and turned to see an out of breath Krystal. 

She had come in this week and I told her everything, whilst she told me how much intense training she was doing with SM Entertainment. 

She was also on a diet which annoyed me because they were trying to change a perfectly y Krystal to a stick thin mannequin.

As I was waiting for her to finish taking a drink from the fountain, I saw a sweaty Taehyung and Namjoon momentarily stop to whisper before they resumed approaching us. 

"Krystal, hurry up," I whispered as I hit her and she turned to me in protest. 

"Aish Minnie, what's your problem?" She flicked her hair in my face before noticing what the problem was; I swear she was so slow.

This whole week, Taehyung was indirectly being extraordinarily nice to me and didn't get into trouble once. 

He would pass the freshest books and pens to me via a third person or I'd get an anonymous pack of candy stuck on my locker.

He had started putting his hand up to give suggestions in class which shocked everyone including me. 

I knew it was Taehyung sticking candy on my locker because Krystal saw him doing so and naturally told me.

Kai also told me that Taehyung was taking gentleman lessons from Baekhyun who was giving him different ideas on how to make the girl you love happy. 

Right now, I could sense that he would use Namjoon to do something for me and I was right. 

"How was practice?" Namjoon asked me and Krystal who just finished quenching her thirst.

"Tiring," I replied, tugging Krystal's hand to leave the area. 

Taehyung was standing next to Namjoon and I could feel his deep gaze fixed on me, but I didn't once look at him.

Has he no shame? 

Why is he staring at me so intensely after what he did with Sooyoung? 

Any strong hearted girl would gouge his eyes out or give him a good beating for being so shameless.

But alas, I was very weak hearted, my heart has always done my brain's job for me. 

Just as we were about to leave, Namjoon stopped us, "Gatorade always helps boost energy levels. Here, take this one."

"It's alright Namjoon, its lunchtime next period anyway. Thank you though," I replied half heartedly, quickly bowing out of courtesy before Krystal took my hand and we went to the girls changing rooms.  

It was only us two inside the changing room because Coach let us out ten minutes early; the rest of the class were still playing rounders on the field.

"Ya didn't you see how hard Taehyung was staring at you?" Krystal said as she flung her trainers off. 

I took my sweaty shirt off before dabbing my body with wet wipes; I still wasn't comfortable in using the girl's showers yet.  

"He's an idiot and frankly I don't care how hard he stares at me. In my mind our relationship is over anyway," I replied. 

"You got that right; he is the biggest bastard for even trying to cheat on someone like you," Krystal said angrily, putting her school skirt back on. 

"I don't know though, something isn't right," she slowly added. 

I turned to her through the mirror we were re-doing our hair in. 

"What do you mean something isn't right?"

Krystal took my hair and helped me braid it.

"I mean, if he was cheating on you with Sooyoung, she would have been all over him this week. I haven't seen them communicating once, they don't even look at each other." 

"Ya Krystal, that's the beauty of cheating on someone. The cheaters will never make it publicly known what they get up to," I retorted.

Krystal tied the ends of my hair, "Yes that's true too, but does your heart allow you to think that Taehyung would cheat on you?"

"I don't want to ask my heart anything anymore. I'm a very weak hearted girl and even if Taehyung isn't cheating on me, my eyes don't lie. I saw them kissing," I snapped back at Krystal.

She pulled my hair hard to get my attention, "Shutup Minnie, you sound exactly like Taehyung. Isn't that what he said when he saw you and Jackson together? You two are more alike than you think."

I rubbed my scalp and scowled at Krystal as she tossed me my bag before the lunch bell went off. 

"Don't make that face at me, gaja let's go eat I'm starving."

We strolled to the canteen and picked up our trays before finding a cosy spot amidst the loud, hungry buzzing of students who were now flooding in packs. 

After we finished lunch, Kai glided over from his table and sat next to me. 

"Hello ladies, what's going on?" 

I chuckled as Krystal made a face at him, "Are you blind, we are eating lunch."

Kai pouted his bottom lip out and turned to me as I put my hands up in defence.

"Mianhae Kai, she's very snappy today."

With that, Krystal tried to kick me under the table but got Kai instead and we ended up having a full on footsie war.

"Ow Krystal I know that was you, only you're wearing platforms!" I yelled rubbing my calf as Kai got her back. 

"Ya, you're supposed to be on my side!" Krystal whined as I high fived Kai. 

Just then, someone tapped my shoulder lightly. 

I quickly darted my eyes to Krystal who instantly put on her blank face and I gulped as I could already smell the sweet cologne of its owner.

"Jasmine, can I please speak with you?" 

The voice was so y and deep, it sent shivers down my neck as I flicked my bangs over my eyes which momentarily shut at the sound of his words. 

I caught Krystal's eye who nodded to me in approval and I finally turned around and was staring into Kim Taehyung's deep, wide brown eyes. 

I hadn't done this properly in weeks and my stomach had just dropped along with my eyes as my cheeks flushed a deep pink.

"I'm busy," I quickly replied as I turned back to Krystal who was urging me with her eyes to get up and hear what Taehyung had to say.

Although I didn't know Krystal for long, it felt as though she was my long lost twin sister from generations ago. 

We always had telepathic conversations from across class or even just by looking at each other which I only ever had with Eonni.

I felt electricity spark through my left hand side as Taehyung sat down next to me and I noticed Jimin was standing up behind him. 

I met Jimin's eyes and he gave me a pitiful smile before he glided his hand through his silky black hair and looked away. 

"We've just finished eating actually," Krystal broke the silence and I felt her kick Kai from under the table. 

"Oh, uh Krystal can you help me with the geography revision please," Kai monotonously asked as I turned to glare at his rehearsed reply. 

He flashed me a teasing smile before he fixed his school blazer and took Krystal away. 

I peered around the canteen and it was deserted and quiet except for the sweeping of cleaners and the sniffing of those students who suffered from hay fever that had to stay indoors. 

Most, if not all the students had already left to go and enjoy the summer sunshine outside. 

Everyone had begun preparing for exams and a common lunchtime occurrence was students sitting in packs on the school green, reading out loud and writing notes with each other.

I felt Jimin whisper something to Taehyung before he too walked off, leaving me sitting alone at the back of the canteen with Kim Taehyung. 

We were sitting there for a couple of minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore. Why was I even tolerating his presence for so long around me? 

Before Taehyung had a chance to smooth talk me again, I got up and decided to walk away from him.

He grabbed my wrist to stop me and I turned around desperately trying to yank my arm free from his grasp. 

"Get the hell off me!" I shouted at him as I was failing in trying to pull his hand off me. 

"Minnie please listen to what I have to say, please!" Taehyung pleaded as his grip wasn't loosening.

I gave him the coldest look, "Leave it. I don't give a   what you have to say. You are just a lying, cheating scum, you've never loved me one bit!" 

His eyes widened and his grip loosened as I pulled my hand free, not regretting a single thing I just said. 

I glared at him for a couple more seconds before I proceeded to storming off out of the canteen wherever my legs would carry me. 

Just then, I heard Taehyung run up from behind me as he firmly grabbed my shoulders to stop me from walking out. 

He forcefully turned my body to face him and his eyes were blazing. 

"Hurt me, kill me, slap me, ignore me, do whatever the hell you want but never question my love for you, Song Jasmine," his eyes were piercing into my soul as I turned away sniggering. 

"Actions speak louder than your smooth words Mr Kim Taehyung. Get off me now, I don't care to see your face any longer, you make me sick. Go Sooyoung I don't care anymore," I spat the words out like fire. 

He stared at me before he let go and took a step back. 

"You don't know what you're saying, you don't know anything. You know nothing, you don't know what you're saying, you don't know anything," Taehyung was shaking his head and murmuring the words to the floor. 

He looked and sounded like a madman, but he deserved it all. 

I hope his conscience drives him insane. 

He wouldn't stop saying those words and it got to the point where I was starting to worry about his mental state, so I decided to approach him.

"What don't I know? Tell me then," I said loudly but not as harsh as before. 

Taehyung didn't look up at me, but he stopped talking altogether as he just stood there staring at the ground. 

I didn't have time to deal with his acting skills, so I turned around and walked out of the canteen doors. 

I might regret leaving Taehyung in that state later on, but Jimin was right. I needed to give this all some time to blow over, one week wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter