Betrayal

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEHYUNG’S POV

“Then don’t lie to me! I got you pregnant, that’s my child! Why are you lying to me?!”

“I’m not carrying your child! I already lost my ity to my boyfriend in London who I had to leave!”

“Arrrgghhhhhhh! You ! Why did you do this to me?!”

I was yelling at the top of my voice as the people sitting on the park bench turned to me in shock.

“What? Do you have a ing problem?” I hissed at them as they got up and scuttled off in fear.

I spat on the floor behind them and hurled myself down on the bench, pulling and yanking at chunks of my orange hair.

No matter what she says, I know she’s lying, she has to be lying.

She never had a ing boyfriend in London; she just wants to get rid of me.

But why would try to get rid of me?

What have I done to her apart from shower her with all my love?

I have so much more to give, but she wants to play dirty.

She wants to lie.

Well two can play at that game, she should watch herself.

She doesn’t know how much Kim Taehyung has changed; she doesn’t know what I can do.

I can destroy her already ed up life.

She’ll wish she never lied to me, she’ll wish she told me the truth and loved me like she’s supposed to; she’ll wish she never left me all those years ago...

Just then, my phone started ringing.

Aish, who dares to disturb my thoughts?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and picked up immediately.

“Taehyunga, I’ve been trying to get through to you for ages.”

My anger was instantly replaced with an odd shiver down my spine.

“Joesonghamnida Don Lee, I was just in the middle of something,” I mumbled.

There was a silence as I heard a blood curdling scream from behind him before he told the person to shut the up.

I swallowed.

“I’ve got a special job for you, you down?” 

I heard the scream again, someone was begging for help.

There was a silence and just as I was about to speak, the piercing sound of one gunshot cracking a thick bone made me jump.

“I told you to keep him silent, now look what I did! Ya, clean this mess up, you ruined my new white sofa.”

He was talking to someone behind him as my hands were getting sweaty.

I gulped and breathed in deeply.

“Sorry about that Taehyung. Now where were we? Ah yes, I have a job for you,” he laughed sadistically.

“Don Lee, I-I’m a trainee now. I – I can’t do these jobs anymore.”

There was a long silence.

“How silly of me to forget that V of Bangtan Sonyeondan is about to debut as a kpop idol. I really like you; you’re the most handsome thug I’ve had.”

“Joesonghamnida,” I replied as he chuckled.

“Don’t be sorry flower boy. Just know that from now on, I can’t help you with anything. Whatever happens, you have to deal with the mess yourself. I don’t need to threaten you, you already know what happens if you say my name.”

I nodded, “I understand Don Lee.”

“Okay then, take care and all the best. Don’t come around this side of town once you’re famous, my boys hate men with eyeliner. Give my love to Yoongi; tell him to come down sometime.”

“I will do. Thank you for everything Don Lee,” I replied before he cut the call and I stared off into the distance.

Don Lee was Yoongi’s older brother, but only I knew of this information.

Not even Yoongi knew as I’d never told him.

Don Lee used to be a talented student at Daewoo High and only three years ago captained their basketball team, but when his best friend got butchered in gang violence, he vowed to take revenge.

He went on a killing spree and murdered all those involved in cold blood, he killed nine people without remorse.

And now he has become the underworld godfather of Daegu.

His soul is nowhere to be found, yet he’s a guy who’s understood me and helped me a lot.

That day when Seoyeon noona crashed her car, Don Lee gave me an offer to become his brother, to live and enjoy all of his dark luxuries.

I’d have it all, but then I looked at Minnie and Jimin and the rest of Bangtan and I knew I couldn’t be so selfish.

Don Lee was dead to his parents, and Yoongi was forced never to even speak of him again.

When Yoongi hyung was younger, he had to live under extremely strict conditions and attend a boy’s Catholic school to become closer to God so he could live a normal life and become successful the right way, unlike his brother.

But instead, he had a passion for rapping and auditioned at Big Hit.

His parents haven’t found out about this yet because Big Hit hasn’t officially shown Yoongi’s face and his stage name ‘Suga’ conceals his true identity.

I sighed and closed my eyes, rubbing at them when I heard a soft voice.

“It’s not yours; it’s not your child.”

ARGH!

Why was she taking over my thoughts?

She was overpowering all of my dreams, ya she was supposed to be my ing dream!

I’ll never forgive her for this, she keeps on destroying me and I’m worth much more than this.

How could she do this, she has to be lying, I’m one hundred per cent sure the baby is mine...

“Taehyunga!”

Who the was screaming my name.

I clenched my fists as I heard fast footsteps approach me from behind.

“Taetae, I’ve been looking for you everywhere.”

It was Jimin.

I glared at him and noticed he was flushed as his lips and cheeks were pink.

He was teary eyed and looked like he’d just been crying before he met my gaze and gave me a warm smile.

It was probably his hay fever or something like that.

I couldn’t care less right now anyway.

He interrupted my plans, what I would do to force Minnie to tell me the truth.

I immediately turned my back away from him as he sat down next to me.

I was trying to conceal my anger that I so desperately didn’t want to take out on Jimin.

All this time, all these weeks she’s been avoiding me because she’s pregnant.

Why would she have with me, why was she genuinely in love with me if she was carrying someone else’s baby since she came here?

She might have just found out she was pregnant.

But then how could she possibly know who the father is?

I know she’s lying, I’ll bet my life on it.

I sharply turned to Jimin who still hadn’t breathed a word.

“Why are you here?” I asked coldly.

As soon as our eyes met, he instantly dropped eye contact.

That was strange; Jimin never does that to me.

Every time someone drops eye contact, it’s because they feel uncomfortable.

But anytime one of my friends drop eye contact with me, it’s because they are hiding something.

“You knew didn’t you? You knew she was pregnant?” I asked quietly as Jimin shook his head.

“I was in the same boat as you, I didn’t know until the posters,” he said, still avoiding my eyes.

I couldn’t be asked to find out the truth behind hidden words anymore so I grunted and shrugged my shoulders.

“Apparently it’s not mine anyway.”

I awaited Jimin’s reply, but nothing came so I shoved his shoulder.

“Ya! I said apparently it’s not mine!”

Jimin brushed his hair back, “Is that what she told you?”

I narrowed my eyes, “Why are you like this today? Are you hiding something? What’s wrong with you?”

Jimin chuckled uncomfortably, “Aniyo. I – I just think you should speak to her properly. I mean speak to her without any anger in your tone.”

I laughed, my blood boiling.

Anger in my tone?

Am I supposed to ing caress her and pat her on the back for lying to me about something this big?

“So you’ve spoken to her and she told you I got angry?” I asked, clenching my fists.

“Aniyo, she never told me that. But I know how scary you can get when someone doesn’t tell you something upfront. Remember that she’s your girlfriend, your childhood love,” Jimin replied quietly as his ears went red.

I stopped and stared at him, analysing his expression.

“Say her name.”

“What?”

“I said say her name.”

“Haha, what nonsense are you saying? Say whose name?”

I pierced my eyes into Jimin’s.

“You know something. You’re hiding something from me.”

I grabbed onto his shoulders as he shrugged me off.

“Hajima, what are you doing?” Jimin stood up and stared down at me before I stood up, reaching face level with him.

“What did she say to you?! Answer me Jimin!” I shouted as Jimin put his hand on my shoulder.

“Calm down Tae, she didn’t tell me anything-”

I whipped his hand away, “You’re lying! Why are you avoiding eye contact with me? Why don’t you say Minnie’s name? How did you know I was even here?!”

Jimin looked up to the sky and tilted his neck back as he swallowed.

“I’m not lying. Hobie found her unconscious on the field and bought her to the shed. I came and she told me what happened, that’s a-”

“Bull. How is it possible that Jasmine didn’t tell you more? She must’ve told you something! She lied to me, didn’t she? I am the father of the baby she’s carrying...tell me Jiminie, tell me!”

I was digging my hands into Jimin’s shoulder bone and he pushed me away roughly.

“Stop this behaviour Taehyung! You’re acting so paranoid and you’re hurting everyone who cares about you!”

I cut my eyes at Jimin as his tongue traced his lips.

“Why is your face flushed?” I questioned, coming closer to him as his ears went a deeper shade of red.

“I – I – I just came back from a photo shoot, you know that,” Jimin replied with a shaky voice.

I nodded my head slowly and sighed, before slowly stepping back and pacing up and down.

A couple of minutes went by, until Jimin came over to me and gently ran his fingers through my fringe with an apologetic expression.

“I’m sorry Taetae, I’ve been such a bad brother.”

One of the floating pieces of my heart melted as I looked up at Jimin.

A single tear was trying to escape his bottom lashes.

I instantly absorbed it with my thumb, it can’t drop, Jimin can’t cry.

“You’ve been the best brother ever, but I’ve been terrible,” I replied softly before I pushed him away.

“Please give me some time alone, go back to your photo shoot. Go back to Seoul and leave me be,” I muttered, but Jimin wasn’t listening.

“Ya, am I Jungkookie to listen to you like that? I’m still older than you, so what I say goes. And right now, you need to come with me,” Jimin took my hand firmly as I tried to shake it free.

“Ya! I’m not going to Seoul!” I yelled as Jimin chuckled.

“No one is taking you there. I’m starving and so are you so let’s get some pizza,” Jimin put on his happy families voice which I could instantly see through.

I nodded and turned to Jimin solemnly.

“Jiminie, you love me right?”

Jimin hit my head lightly, “Of course you pabo.”

“I’m your best friend and brother, right?”

“You know you are.”

“Then tell me the truth, from brother to brother, from friend to friend. Whose child is she – whose child is Minnie carrying?”

I stared at him with large eyes and my mouth automatically hung open as I was concentrating on his reply and facial expression.

I was in two minds of whether she was lying to me about the child.

My heart was telling me the baby is mine, but a little voice was telling me that she actually did have a boyfriend in London.

No guy could resist Jasmine, she’s so beautiful and hot and her smile and personality is captivating...

Ya, I was gnashing my teeth at the thought of her being anyone else’s, of anyone even looking at her twice.

Jimin closed his eyes and looked down as I unclenched my fists.

“Look into my eyes and answer me,” I tilted his chin up as he opened his adorable puffy, brown eyes.

“I – I don’t actually know whose child she’s carrying, that’s something she’ll only tell you Taetae. But I promise she loves you more than anything else, she’d never think of ch – cheating on you,” Jimin replied with another fake smile.

I dropped eye contact and nodded my head slowly, collecting all my scattered emotions and feelings together.

As Jimin took my hand and started walking out of the park, I knew what I had to do.

I have to become cold and ruthless again.

I have to become the old me, the one who everyone was afraid of, the one who every girl doted over as the baddest boy around.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, Minnie was my dream and the love of my life.

it, she still is, but I’ll have to make sure she tells me the truth before I debut, even if that means taking extremely radical measures.

I’ll apologise to her in advance, but she should watch out.

I won’t rest until she tells me every single thing.

**************************

JASMINE’S POV

Oh no, what have I done?

Jimin pulled away and smiled before he looked at me, he was terrified and shocked at what he just did.

“W-why did you let me do that? You know how I feel! You used me to overcome your loneliness Minnie, you shouldn’t have let me get carried away...”

“Jimin I meant it! I knew what I was doing, I wanted to kiss you and I enjoyed every moment of it!”

Jimin shook his head in fright, he was angry and confused at what just happened, what he’d become.

“No, no, no...Minnie, you’re Taehyung’s girlfriend...that never should’ve happened, how will I live with myself?!”

“Jiminie come back!”

But it was too late, he was clawing at his black hair and stepping away from me, until he started running as fast as he could out of the shed.

Everyone was running away from me and I was the one who was letting them all go.

I let Eonni leave, I let Taehyung become sickened by me and now my best friend would never speak to me again.

I sighed and rolled my eyes upwards to send the tears back into my system.

As much as he denies it, Jimin wanted it too and he knew what he was doing.

He let me bite down on his lips and his angelic eyes were closed as our sacred friendship was becoming tainted with desire and passion.

 I realised that my feet had carried me out of the school, down the hill and all the way to Daegu station.

I was waiting for the train back to Seoul as I needed to collect my stuff and move back to Old Daegu with Appa.

I closed my eyes and my lips.

You shouldn’t have done that.

As right as it felt, there was a burning sense of guilt rising in me the whole time.

Taehyung was everything to me, we love each other, I’m so happy around him, yet kissing Jimin felt like something I longed to do.

How can any sane girl resist Park Jimin?

I looked up and saw the train approaching as I got on and sat down in a window seat by the doors.

As usual for this time, it was an empty train so I threw my bag down next to me and rested my feet on the seats opposite.

I stared out of the window and as soon as the train left a sunny Daegu, the sky became grey with clouds and I knew it was a murky day in Seoul.

I checked the time, it was nearly 1 pm and I hadn’t gone to school all day.

Great, I just know Gyojang will phone Appa to tell him everything.

Bad news doesn’t stop infecting my destiny.

I dozed off and opened my eyes to the deafening sound of heavy rain hitting the train roof and windows.

I looked out and could see the modern Seoul buildings and crowds of fashionable people running through the streets, trying to escape the rain with their hoods up.

I waited in my seat until the rain died down, but it never did.

I sighed as I bought an overpriced umbrella at the station exit and started making my way back to the apartment block to collect my stuff.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I bowed to the elderly man at reception who smiled at me.

“Have some Tteokguk (rice cake soup)!” He offered me loudly, over the spitting rain.

I wasn’t hungry at all but knew it would be rude if I refused, especially as no one ever offers their soup in weather like this.

I approached him and bowed again, “Kamsahamnida ahjussi.”

We sat cross legged on his carpet behind the counter as we indulged in the delicious, spicy soup which instantly warmed me up and made me feel better.

“Is it tasty?” He asked amidst a mouthful as I nodded vigorously.

“It’s good and just what you need in weather like this,” I replied as we both chuckled.

“You’re Song Yejun’s granddaughter, aren’t you?” He asked after we both finished.

I looked at him with surprise as he laughed.

“I’m an avid supporter of his national party; their values are everything I believe in. All these rumours about his family are just created to distract him, his opponents want to weaken him via his personal life,” the ahjussi said with a furious sense of annoyance.

I nodded, “Halapoji is really impartial when it comes to family and politics. He doesn’t mix the two and hates if anyone tries to.”

“Exactly. That’s why we were all so shocked when he said that he has no daughter by the name of Seoyeon,” the man replied with pride.

My face dropped.

“When did he say that?” I asked shakily.

“Ya shouldn’t you know? He said that earlier this week, what an inspiration! He’d do anything for the Republic of Korea to shine. Long live Yejun!”

He was practically jumping up with joy as he smiled at me, his eyes becoming wrinkly upward curves.

I bowed and faked a smile, “I need to go now, but thank you for the tteokguk.”

He acknowledged me with a loud cackle as I got up and bowed again before taking the lift all the way to my room and shutting the door firmly behind me.

I let out the breath I was holding in and ran to the kitchen sink.

Before I knew it, I had vomited out all the soup.

I took deep breaths and washed my mouth with water before opening the fridge and drinking some almond flavoured milk.

“Eonni, I hope you’re keeping well...” I whimpered as I downed the glass in one.

It took me quicker than I thought to collect all my clothes and fit it all cosily in one suitcase which I left by the door.

I scanned the apartment one last time.

I spoke to Mum the other day and she said I could stay as long as I wanted to, but I already said I’d be going back to Old Daegu by the weekend.

She was having a blast in Jeju Island with Ruiji and was talking about buying a villa there by the sea whilst sending me pictures of everything they did together with the same caption- ‘wish you were here!’

I was happy for her because they loved each other to bits and were so content in each other’s company, something which I’d never seen my parents be.

Mum wants me to live with them because they don’t want any more kids and I refused the offer, but soon enough I know I’ll need to take it up again.

I just know this baby cannot be brought up in Old Daegu.

It won’t be safe there and I don’t want my child being the pinnacle of accusations and rumours.

When it starts to grow, I won’t physically be able to hide the identity of the father from anyone.

I shook my head and the TV.

I watched a few KBS comedies and was instantly cheered up when I saw Uncle Hwijae doing a stand up live.

The rain finally stopped and it was now 3 pm as I dragged my suitcase behind me down the lift and out of the apartment, shouting goodbye to a sleeping ahjussi.

As I was about to turn left out of the side road where the apartment block and a few other idol company buildings were, I heard a familiar husky voice call out my name.

“Minnie! Hold up, you’re too fast for me!”

I turned around and saw an out of breath Jackson clinging onto his ribs as he fixed his wet blonde hair under his cap.

“Where did you come from?” I chuckled as Jackson dragged me to sit on the steps outside a tall building.

He pointed up, “I live here.”

I looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter