Remember I love you

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Background song

NO ONE’S POV

Jimin stared at Minnie for what seemed like hours, no years.

All that could be heard was the steady monitor pacing her heartbeat and making beeping noises telling everyone that she was still living.

That Song Jasmine was still alive, that she was balancing between life and death.

“I bought you some sandwiches and coffee,” Jungkook said softly as he’d just come in the ICU ward and taken a seat next to Jimin.

Jungkook placed the food down and proceeded to the blindfolds, where he let the late afternoon sunshine pour through, reflecting light on Minnie’s closed eyes.

Jimin tried to smile, but he couldn’t.

It’s been six weeks, six long, excruciatingly tough weeks since Minnie’s been in a coma.

Six weeks since they laid Taehyung to rest.

“The Doctors said that if she hears familiar voices, if we tell stories in her presence, then she...she should have a quicker chance of recovery...” Jimin trailed off as Jungkook slid next to him on the small couch he was sitting on at the far edge of her hospital room.

“All we can do is pray and have hope,” Jungkook mumbled, he didn’t know what else to say and how else he could convince Jimin that things were going to get better because the truth is they wouldn’t.

Jungkook doesn’t know if anything will get better, he doesn’t know if things will ever be the same.

He was with Jimin whilst the rest of Bangtan were with their families or continuing to make music, life doesn’t wait for anyone and sadly, it must go on.

If Jimin continues putting all his hopes in Minnie’s recovery, if he continues to spend most of his time in this ICU, he’ll go crazy.

Jimin has constant phases of depression and isolation, he has times where he’ll refuse to leave the ICU ward, he begs the nurses to let him stay all night and they all know how much his life depends on hearing Minnie breathe, so they’ll silently let him continue.

The girl laying helpless in a coma doesn’t know whether to live or die, she doesn’t know if she should join Taehyung or stay with Jimin.

Her family always visit her too, her family are always helping the nurses turn her limp body over and they help wash and clean her lifeless, breathing shell.

“How can she be in such a state? I mean, her - her body is obviously recovering from the injuries, the nurse changed her bandages...I was here! I watched it happen and yet...why doesn’t she wake up Jungkookah? Doesn’t she want to feel loved again..?”

Jungkook stayed quiet.

“If you want to continue looking after noona, you - you need to regain your energy and health...hyung...have something to eat, jehbal?”

Jimin sighed and knew Jungkook was right, but the problem is that he couldn’t keep anything down.

Even if Jimin were to eat now, he vomits it out later; the images of Taehyung mercilessly smashing Minnie’s face on those jagged rocks send shivers right through Jimin’s stomach.

Meanwhile, Minnie’s family haven’t been coping well either.

To say that is an understatement, the atmosphere is even worse than it was when Seoyeon had died because at least everything was still under control.

No one knew this would happen to Minnie, no one apart from Jimin and the Doctors knew what actually happened to Minnie.

Even the Doctors just think she had a fight with Taehyung, no one actually saw what he did to her.

Minnie’s Dad has gone bankrupt, he’s let all his businesses go in these past months, he’s always been on top of things and now he too thinks he hasn’t got anything to live for.

It’s been too long since Minnie’s family have grieved, and now another dark time has fallen upon them.

Halmeouni didn’t think she’d be able to survive the shock. As soon as she heard about what happened to her granddaughter, she knew that her heart was giving up on her.

Halmeouni was counting her time, she was trying to make amends and do things quickly, she was trying to buy more time from God, she wanted to see Jasmine wake up from her coma.

No one needs to die; no one can take any more deaths, why bless humans with happiness and love if God decides to take it back?

If things couldn’t get worse, then that statement was evidently wrong.

Both Jimin and Jungkook turned around at the sound of clanging from outside, someone was making a lot of noise and visiting times were nearly up.

Just then, the door burst open and Minnie’s Mum came rushing in, shaking and trembling, a sight Jimin was used to but still couldn’t get over.

She was always so composed and beautiful, Minnie had taken off her Mother.

But now, now...she was a wreck, her hair was wild from clutching onto it harshly whilst her whole face was red from trying to keep the wailing in.

“M...Minnie...?”

 A familiar group had come with her too.

It wasn’t Krystal or Jackson’s first time visiting Minnie since she went into coma, but they couldn’t let her Mum come in alone.  

Jimin and Jungkook slid away so that Minnie’s Mum could have privacy, they knew the weeping would start, the cries and the screeching, that’s how it always happened.

First the family member would be in denial, then shock, then tears, then anger and finally when they came to terms with the reality, there’d be this cold air of hatred to anyone that was remotely connected with the victim’s situation.

“She tried to come earlier, but for some reason, she couldn’t get a visa this time round. She’s been travelling to Korea for her whole life and when she needed to be here the most, she was just denied it,” Jackson explained in a serious tone, once everyone was outside the ward.

Krystal had been slacking on her group activities, so SM Entertainment decided to give her a break.

Since Sooyoung’s death, so many idols have been affected one way or another and it was more beneficial to give the idols a break rather than making them continue with their hectic schedules.

“Have the doctors updated anything yet?” Krystal asked quietly as Jungkook shook his head for Jimin.

Minnie was in Busan hospital and everyone was staying locally in either Jimin or Jungkook’s family villa or in a long stay motel, no one wanted to miss out a day of visiting Minnie.

“How’s Taewon and Taehee doing?” Jackson asked no one in particular.

Jimin and Jungkook exchanged awkward looks as Krystal glared at them, “One of you answer the question then,” she snapped.

Krystal couldn’t hide how much Minnie’s coma was affecting her, heck she was even hiding the fact that she’d started cutting her wrists in depression, she’d only ever had one true friend and that too was about to be taken away from her.

Kai never knew why Krystal wasn’t seeing him anymore, their on and off relationship of fifteen years was taking its biggest impact right now.

If Minnie goes, Krystal hasn’t got a soul sister anymore, Krystal had always loved Minnie more than any other friend ever could, and Krystal has always been by Minnie’s side.

Just one action, just one change can alter everyone’s lives.

The universe is connected without the inhabitants even knowing it; every human’s life is valuable in some way or another, fate just made it that way.

Some value is hidden and concealed whilst other lives are well known to be valuable, and since humans are social animals, those lives are sadly the only ones everyone cares about.

“The twins have mostly gotten to grips with the situation...I guess we all have, it’s gone past the moments of crying over something which can’t be changed...”  Jimin trailed off and stared into the distance as Jungkook finished the sentence for him.

“Taewon is being so strong about it. Of course we don’t leave them alone, no one does. But Taehee has developed a somewhat...a strange relationship with uh...Manse.”

Jackson chuckled but without humour.

“Strange relationship? Isn’t Manse Taehyung’s dongsaeng? His younger brother? So...”

“Manse is her uncle,” Krystal stated the obvious which wasn’t obvious to the two teenagers as all four of them exchanged uncomfortable looks.

“Someone needs to stop that soon,” Krystal finally spoke what was on everyone’s minds.

Jackson furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his fists, he hardly ever got angry but Taehee was practically his niece.

“It’s ing disgusting. Whatever the case, neither Taehyung nor Minnie would want those two to have a relationship like this.”

Jungkook sighed and turned to briefly look at Jimin who was agreeing with Jackson.

“I’m going to speak with Manse, he’s older and should know better.”

Jungkook agreed and tried to shake away what he’d seen only last week when he went over to check on Taehyung’s Eomma.

Manse and Taehee were sharing a somewhat physical moment, it was eerily similar to how Taehyung and Jasmine used to profess their love, only this would amount to .

The sound of the ICU ward door opening made them all turn around as Minnie’s Mum stood there with a swollen face and was sniffing.

She glared at all of the idols individually as they dropped their gazes, knowing what would happen.

“Where is that bastard? WHERE IS KIM TAEHYUNG?!” She roared as some nurses turned to look in their direction.

Jackson could sense the tension becoming extremely awkward as he stepped in between Jimin and Jane, Minnie’s eomma.

“He’s buried six feet deep,” Jungkook replied coldly as Jane laughed a demonic laugh, something which neither Krystal nor Jackson had ever heard before.

“Serves him right! I hope he’s rotting in ing hell-”

Everything happened so quickly.

Without knowing what he was doing, Jungkook lunged at the older woman whilst both Jimin and Jackson held him back and Krystal was desperately holding onto Minnie’s mum.

By now, they had all become distressed to see this fight, they were doing their best to contain the emotions of two conflicting personalities, but they knew this was just an excuse to let their inbuilt anger out by.

Jackson, Krystal and Jimin were trying to stop their own tears from pouring out and Jimin could feel Jungkook trembling under his arms, of course he wouldn’t hurt Minnie’s mum, he just wanted to let his anger loose.

Jane could never hurt someone Minnie’s age, she just wanted to grab him by the collar and question why Jungkook didn’t get Taehyung help.

She wanted to know why they let Minnie fall into Taehyung’s love.

“You...idiot...” Jane whimpered to no one in particular as she crumpled into Krystal’s embrace whilst Jungkook stopped trying to hurt the other woman.

Instead, he apologised weakly, “Mianhae...”

There was a silence broken by the distant sound of medical chatter and machines somewhere far off in the wards as Minnie’s mum sunk herself on the floor outside the ICU ward.

Jackson sat down next to her and pulled his step mum in for a side hug, “Hey hey...she wouldn’t want to see you cry, heck, she can probably hear you Jane...shhh.”

Jungkook noticed Krystal pick up something shiny from one of the nurses trolleys and he was puzzled for some moments before he realised what she’d picked up.

“I was supposed to protect my baby and now...now...”

Jackson’s voice was weakening as he couldn’t find additional strength, “Please d-don’t c-cry...”

Noticing both of them breaking down, Jimin thought it his duty to try and console them.

Jimin was there for everyone, even though he was the most affected by everything that had happened, yet he always thinks about others before himself.

Jungkook dragged his eyes from Jimin’s comfort to something glistening.

He turned to Krystal and just managed to glance at a scalpel which Krystal was holding onto firmly before she staggered off.

“Oh , no no no...”

He ran as fast as his strong legs could carry him which was pretty fast.

“Krystal! Ya Krystal, don’t do it! Jehbal! Don’t hurt yourself!” Jungkook wailed as he didn’t hesitate to hurl the door of the girl’s toilets wide open.

Ignoring the protests of some girls washing their hands before realising who he was, he banged on every single toilet cubicle.

The girls were screaming with happiness, he was still BTS’ golden maknae Jeon Jungkook...even though BTS were no more.

“Opppaaaa....why did Bangtan have to leave army alone?! Wae? Bangtan hwaiting forever!”

“Ya...aish, why does he look so upset? Omo Jungkookie! You can’t open the cubicles like that! Hahaha omo!”

He turned to them with tears streaming down his dewy cheeks.

“P-please if you l-love me, leave me alone...wait outside if you want, just jehbal don’t film p-please,” Jungkook whimpered as the girls looked at each other before closing their phones with shame.

As they went out, Jungkook jumped up high, looking into every cubicle.

He couldn’t remotely risk anyone else getting hurt.

He finally found Krystal’s cubicle and banged it open with his strong arms, the lock snapped and instead of slitting her wrists, Jungkook found a broken Krystal sitting on the flat side of the toilet seat.

Her soft hair had slid down her face and was concealing her trembling arms as she was quietly weeping, tears leaking from the side of her palms.

It took all Jungkook’s strength to kneel down in front of her, “It’ll all be okay noona, I promise...”

Krystal shook her head and sniffed, fumbling for the scalpel as Jungkook firmly tried to push it away.

“Minnie noona will be okay, I just know it...” Jungkook carried on assuring her as his own voice started cracking.

Jungkook was much stronger as he managed to keep her hand in lock, he couldn’t bear to take this scene.

He always saw and knew of Krystal as the strong one, she was always so positive and brave, she fought through everything with a carefree attitude and...Now this.

“I don’t k-know wha-what...to...d-do...” Krystal snivelled sadly as Jungkook pulled her in for a hug.

He didn’t say anything as they both sat there, in the cubicle of Busan hospital girl’s toilets, leaning on each other for they didn’t want to burden anyone else with their sorrow.

For these past few weeks, Jungkook has taken care of Jimin so much, Jungkook has saved Jimin from his own suicidal thoughts and Jungkook even had to restrain Jimin at one point.

Jungkook’s hands were always soaked with Jimin’s tears and not an hour would go past before Jimin started blaming himself for everything.

Jungkook had to force feed Jimin and had to lie beside him whilst he’d fall asleep and when Jungkook was satisfied that his hyung had indeed gone to a momentary dream world, only then would he walk out to clean up and call Jimin’s family.

But just as Jungkook would finish the call, he’d hear Jimin shouting from the room only to find him curled up in a ball, clawing at his head.

That’s why Jungkook had to get anti-depressants and sleeping pills for Jimin.

he even had to get a sedative, Jungkook would always be crying as had to force Jimin to sleep like an animal.

Krystal pulled away as Jungkook quickly swiped the scalpel and tucked it into the pocket of his hoodie.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have gotten you so w-worried,” Krystal looked up at Jungkook as he gave her a thin smile.

He was glad that he could save someone.

“Gwenchanha, just as long as you don’t hurt yourself. Jasmine noona needs you, she needs all of us and-”

Krystal cut Jungkook off and wiped her face dry, “If she needs us so much then why is she making us wait like this? Why is she struggling to choose between us and Taehyung yet again? Why is she not waking up, huh?”

Jungkook didn’t and couldn’t possibly answer these questions; they were the hardest ones he’d ever received.

“I...I don’t know,” Jungkook confessed as he gently placed a hand on Krystal’s arm to lead her away from the lonely toilets.

Jungkook sighed, yet another day gone without any sign of movement from Minnie, yet another day gone without laughter.

***

Jimin was waiting as usual, by Minnie’s side, just like he’d always been doing.

“Please just wake up, look everyone is here now...Your Mum, Krystal, Jackson, Kookie, your whole family and me...jehbal...please don’t join everyone else in that strange place, I don’t like that place...”

Jimin dropped his face to Minnie’s limp hand as the night was void of the moon, it would be sunrise in a few hours.

The hospital staff initially thought Jimin was her husband, but then they realised.

They realised that this was truly a man who’d give everything he had just to see the girl in a coma wake up again.

This was a guy who’d happily give up his own sleep for her to wake up.

Jimin is someone who shares his heart, soul and life with the poor girl fighting for own life, Jimin spends every night making sure she stays asleep knowing his love is indefinable and everlasting.

Everybody else was always sent home, but no matter what, Jimin would never move a muscle.

He wouldn’t leave for anything or anyone and this is the only way he can find something to survive for.

Every time he goes back home, he’s reminded of life and that’s not what he wants to be living when Minnie is struggling for her own.

Only Jungkook has managed to get Jimin away from this hospital and that too, only to shower and get him fresh air.

Jungkook would always take Jimin to their penthouse in Busan, for Jimin wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Park Jimin lifted his face from Song Jasmine’s hand and looked around, everything was dark save the faint streetlights and everything was pitch quiet save the life support machines beeping every now and then.

For every second they beeped, Jimin breathed.

For every time he saw Minnie’s weak chest heave up and down, he’d close his eyes and wish that he was in her place instead.

For every time his puffy eyes faltered on Minnie’s bruises and injuries, a part of his destroyed heart would miss a beat and he’d have to inhale heavily.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter