Sunset

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin immediately plunged in the deep after Taehyung.

He’d already jumped in the ocean waves before his puffy eyes could watch Taetae jump off that damned wreck of a burnt pier.

He’ll never forget the screams.

He’ll never forget how Don Lee held him back whilst he watched Taehyung beat the out of his heart.

He can never ever forgive Taehyung, but he’ll never let himself live if Taehyung dies.

Taetae doesn’t deserve to die.

The sky was pitch black now, the moonlight was shining, but all the emergency lights were shining brighter.

“JIMIN OPPA! ANIYO! ANDWAE! ANDW...”

Girls had come running and fainting as screams, yells, shouts and sirens were attracting the whole of Busan.

The girls, the fans and ARMY’s who’d been searching Busan upside down for Park Jimin had just witnessed him jumping into the ocean.

Of course they never saw the figure right at the top who jumped first, they never saw Kim Taehyung doing suicide, but they undoubtedly recognised the life of Busan putting all their lives on hold.

7.30pm.

The ambulance had long driven away with Minnie in the back, but police lights and sirens soon came after.

At first they couldn’t detect a pulse from Minnie, blood was everywhere.

The rocks and sands would never lose the taint of her blood; she’d leave her mark on Dadaepo beach forever.

Until one paramedic felt a beat.

They rushed her off to Good Moonhwa hospital instantly, the best hospital in Busan.

And just like that, in a flash went Jimin’s dream of proposing to Minnie.

A curse which has never left Park Jimin, every time the universe gives him a taste of happiness, the world snatches it away from him cruelly.

What has a childhood love turned into?

Love created hate, jealousy, and evil.

What was once so innocent became a love triangle which no ship would dare enter.

People had died, people were going to die and the world would carry on spinning as normal.

Jimin had now been underwater for what seemed like hours, when it’s only been less than five minutes.

“You’re under arrest for - ah it - you’re under arrest for every single crime in the damn book! Anything you say or do will be used against you. Ya, hurry the up Lee!” An angry police officer bellowed in Don Lee’s ear.

There were about fifty medical and police personnel and hundreds of Netizens, more backup was needed as some girls had tried to jump in the merciless Dadaepo waves too.

“I need backup, asap! I don’t know where these girls are coming from and...holy krap is that - ! You caught Lee? Min Lee? ...” the other police officers were shocked as they let go of their walkie talkies.

Don Lee had a sadistic smirk on his pale face, tears glazed his skin and he looked more satisfied than ever.

He knows he’ll get the death penalty.

It will be sweeter than honey; he’ll soon join Junghyun and maybe Taehyung too.

“Add another crime to that list officer,” Don Lee rasped as his husky voice was oddly humorous in this dire emergency situation.

“Shut the up!” The officer barked back as Lee cocked his head to the side disapprovingly.

They slammed him face first on the bonnet of a police car and he gazed up into the ocean only to see something emerging from the waves.

The officer let out satisfied snigger of pure contempt as he yanked Don Lee’s wrists back in the handcuffs, harder than what he’d been taught.

Don Lee closed his eyes with pleasure at the pain before turning to the right and faced a rookie officer who was gawping in his direction before he dropped his eyes and blushed red.

“I don’t swing that way but even if I did, you wouldn’t be able to take me. Ya officer, don’t you want to hear how I killed Park Sooyoung too? That evil witch,” Lee grinned demonically as the surrounding officers looked to each other with shock and disbelief.

“You what...? Ya! Did he just say...?!”

“What are you waiting for! Take this filthy away! Add that confession to his list of crimes, and we’ve got ourselves a public execution! Ppalli!” What looked like the police officer in charge had ordered.

Just then, piercing wails and sobs could be heard as Park Jimin was wiped on shore.

He had another body in his arms.

Hundreds of onlookers gasped in unison, before someone yelled from the top of their voice, everyone just had to turn around at her shriek.

“HE HAS TAEHYUNGIE! IT’S JIMIN AND TAEHYUNG! YA!”

Her voice snapped and broke as loud whispers emerged before the officers desperately needed backup.

They couldn’t keep off the citizens much longer and thankfully, two more ambulance vans rushed forward behind a smaller van belonging to the paramedics.

“T-tae...tae...tae,” Jimin coughed and lurched forward violently, the water had tried to penetrate his lungs and he could just about breathe.

“Son, let’s get you safe and-”

Jimin cut the paramedic off with a strangled cry, “ing save him! Save him! Take him away! Look - look - I’m b-breathing, I’m fine, just sa-save...him...”

Jimin out as he got taken to the safety of an ambulance van which speeded off into the distance.

“He - isn’t - coming - through-”

Two paramedics were struggling to resuscitate Taehyung.

The watchful eyes of the fans and ear rattling screams weren’t helping them either.

They had Bangtan Sonyeondan Kim Taehyung under their palms; they ing needed to keep him alive.

“Try harder, ya, move!” A stronger, younger male paramedic pushed his older counterpart aside as he lunged for the middle of Taehyung’s chest.

“Come on Taehyung, come on!”

They were all taking turns pumping their hands down as hard as they could.

“It’s no good!”

“Ya! CPR, try ing CPR! Hurry the up, ppalli!”

They were usually so composed when in emergencies, when trying to save lives, but this was so much different.

This wasn’t just one life; thousands of suicides would happen all over Korea if they let Taehyung die.

“He isn’t - coming - around!” The paramedic huffed and panted.

They all exchanged a glimpse of worry before turning Taehyung’s body away from the constant flashing of cameras.

Great, the news reporters had just come too.

They tried one last time, before they all shook their heads sadly.

“Let’s just take him...”

“WAIT! I - I can feel something...I...YA! Ppalli! Oxygen mask! Hurry the up!”

Even if they couldn’t get him to survive at the hospital, they sure found a faint pulse.

There was still hope.

Taehyung’s face looked so peaceful, his wet hair dripping water beads down his sun-kissed skin as his wide eyes were closed, thick lashes facing down.

He’d never been at more peace.

***

“She’s fallen into a coma.”

“Oh no...Doctor Rhee, how do we break it to her family?”

“What do you mean? Obviously we call them! Her ID card has her personal details and-”

The young nurse shook her head with worry as the senior surgeon stared at her with confusion.

“Her whole family are waiting outside. She...she’s the granddaughter of Song Yejun! I can’t do this!” The nurse squealed, trying to keep her voice as low as possible.

The senior surgeon swallowed a lump at the back of his throat, even he couldn’t do this.

Laying in that glass cubicle, she was just about breathing.

Machines, tubes and wires everywhere.

Four hours of intense operation and hundreds of white bandages later, she was left at the mercy of artificial life.

He turned back to look at the girl called Jasmine, she must’ve been so beautiful for Kim Taehyung to destroy her like that.

Her whole body was shattered, literally.

Her legs and arms had to be lifted up, they were broken.

Her neck had needed heavy support, for her windpipe was fractured and nearly crushed.

Her face had deep wounds which would forever leave faint scars.

But that wasn’t the problem, these scars would heal, even if it took years, she’d regain her physical health and beauty soon enough.

Doctor Rhee was concerned about the emotional scarring that would never leave her system.

He was worried about the publicity which would haunt her every footstep.

And his utmost worry is that no one knows when she’ll wake up.

Or if she’ll ever wake up.

He sighed and removed his face mask before doing the same to his latex gloves, but dried blood was everywhere.

His team were standing around him, eagerly anticipating the next move.

“I guess I have to break the news now,” he mumbled nervously.

***

“Where are they? Where is Minnie? Where is Taehyung?! ANSWER ME!” Park Jimin bellowed, but it was of no use.

No one was answering him.

He pushed back the nurses who were taking his blood samples and bandaging his minor injuries as he scanned the ward he was in.

Nothing but bastards who’d injured themselves from drinking too much.

“Mr Park you can’t leave...”

The nurse swallowed as she scuttled away from Jimin’s path.

His eyes were flame balls, but he wasn’t really angry.

He was so desperately trying to conceal his anxiety, his own suicidal thoughts, this couldn’t be happening to him.

Jimin was so frustrated and so done with whoever the was controlling this world.

The deities, God, Jesus, Budda, the stars, whoever it was needed to face the wrath of Park Jimin.

Ignoring the shouting and calling out for assistance, Jimin ran and searched into every room, every single ward in the massive hospital.

From the windows, everyone could hear the struggling of journalists, of the press, they wanted to- no they needed to get in.

So many idols were dying.

“Jiminie! My poor baby!” 

“Jimin hyung!”

“Ya Jiminah, my son! You-you’re okay...”

Jimin ignored his family, he broke out of their embraces as he was on a mission.

But his eyes wouldn’t stop crying, his brain wouldn’t stop convincing him that this was his entire fault.

If he hadn’t taken Minnie forcefully from Taehyung’s apartment, if he had just stayed away from her when she came back with the twins, if he just died in that bathtub that day, none of this would’ve possibly happened.

Jimin didn’t know where he was going anymore.

Bare foot and scared.

He stopped when he heard a scream.

A wail, a blood curdling howl.

It wasn’t human.

Yet, he paced towards the sound.

It was a woman’s sob, someone was constantly sobbing.

He heard a familiar name through the sobs, before he heard another pair of crying.

So many people were crying and the sound, the echoes was only getting louder.

Patients from the wards were waking up with worry at the noise; no one was telling them to be quiet for this weeping had everyone’s hairs on edge.

Jimin gulped as his legs turned to jelly.

He turned the final corner and could feel the cold marble floor underneath his soles.

He stopped.

Jimin’s eyes landed on a group of Doctor’s dressed in green operation suits, their face masks dropped down to their necks and their hands clasped around their fronts nervously.

His eyes didn’t want to glance any further, but they did anyway.

It was Taehyung’s Eomma and Taehyung’s dongsaeng, Manse.

But they weren’t the only ones there.

Just then, a senior surgeon came out of the adjoining ICU ward.

He had a young nurse feebly trailing behind him, but he was drenched in blood.

Dried blood all over the front of his green suit.

He stopped in front of Minnie’s entire family.

Her Appa, Halmeouni, Halapoji, all three of her uncles, Aunt Jeong and two teenage boys, Seoeon and Seojun were pacing the floors very fast.

Jimin raked his eyes to two curled up balls on the waiting benches, they were grasping for breath in each other’s embrace, they only had each other now.

Taewon and Taehee were silently crying, Taewon had his arms held tightly around a trembling Taehee who was constantly breathing and inhaling with the aid of her asthma pump.

Both their parents were inside separate hospital rooms and they were awaiting the confirmation that they’d indeed be orphans.

Jimin couldn’t take this anymore.

His ears blocked out all sound, he saw Minnie’s Appa shake with pure sadness, he witnessed her grandparents lost for words as he ran as fast as his legs could carry him.

But above all, the sight of Taehyung’s Mum crumpling like water, like broken cubes of ice, of her pulling at her hair and of Manse struggling to control her was a sight that would replay in Jimin’s nightmares.

“Hey, hey, YA!”

Jimin didn’t care that he wasn’t allowed in Taehyung’s ward, this was his ing brother.

He ignored everyone turning to look at him with pure shock on their crying faces and he ignored his family running after him, but they were stopped by the Doctors.

No one dares to hold Park Jimin back.

Jimin flung the glass door open and stopped as soon as he stepped in the plain white room.

There was one bed in the middle and all the machines were turned off.

There was no sound save the beating of Jimin’s nonexistent heart.

He tried to gulp and his whole body was involuntarily shaking.

On the bed lay a figure.

Still and unmoving.

The figure was very eerie and it was lying down like a statue.

“Taetae...?” Jimin’s voice squeaked in the quiet room.

Ignoring the white sheet covering Taehyung’s face, Jimin edged in closer to his brother.

It wasn’t Taehyung, this can’t be.

The Taehyung that Jimin knows, the Taehyung that Jimin spent every single day of his life with could never stay this still even in an interview.

“W-who is this?” Jimin chuckled to himself, but he was still walking, his feet were still dragging him to see what was under the sheet.

A boulder easily fell through the hole that his heart left when he felt his legs wobbling again.

His hand reached out to the white covers as he shuffled onto the bed.

Jimin couldn’t see because of his tears.

Just then, the door behind him blasted open and five familiar boys soon enveloped Jimin with the same silence.

He felt trembling hands slide around his waist as someone buried their face in Jimin’s shoulder.

“Hyung...”

Jungkook was hugging Jimin tighter than he’d ever done before, but he was also tugging at Jimin, trying to get them both out of this room that he’d seen death in before.

Jimin brushed Jungkook off gently for he would end up bawling his eyes out.

So he just watched Yoongi pacing towards the figure lying underneath the thin sheet.

Jimin analysed Yoongi, he had his eyes closed and his pale hands were trembling violently, the veins protruding clearer than ever through his glass skin.

Yoongi bit down on his lip as Jimin heard silent sobs from next to him.

“Not again...no, no...not Taehyung...anyone but Tae...” It was Jin hyung.

He was ruffling his hair and his handsome face was blinking rapidly, holding the fountain of tears back.

Jimin turned to glance at Namjoon who was on the floor, kneeling and doing something Jimin had never seen him do.

Namjoon was praying, his face contorted, he was silently begging the heavens to release Taehyung.

Hoseok was pacing up and down, he was making the most noise, he was crying so much...but it’s not Taehyung under there, Jimin thought.

Suddenly, Yoongi jumped back and burst into tears, one loud cry sent everyone over the edge as Jimin rushed towards Yoongi.

“Jiminah don’t, p-please...” Yoongi whimpered, but Jimin didn’t listen.

He saw a tuft of brown fluffy hair contrasting the white pillow before Jimin slowly tugged at the white sheet.

Jimin couldn’t believe his eyes, they were lying to him.

This isn’t Taehyung.

“Wake up Taetae, it’s not funny anymore...I forgive you...please...we’ll sort this all out...we’ll get you h-help...” Jimin whispered so that only Taehyung could hear.

But Taehyung didn’t reply.

No, Taehyung was lying as still as ever, his skin lost of all colour,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter