Unconditional love

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNGKOOK’S POV

After so many ing years, after so many tears, after so much dishonour, justice was finally being served.

Last I heard, Seoyeon the witch’s contract was terminated and her Halapoji, that old goat was slowly being driven out of power.

She was the headline of every kpop article for depression, being kicked out of her home and just now, we heard that she was at an abortion clinic.

Good.

The only problem was Jin hyung, he was lacking in performance and concentration because his mind was constantly diverted.

He wasn’t speaking to any of us apart from Taehyung and even then, he’d take him to somewhere private to talk.

I tried to convince him that she went to the most famous abortion clinic in Korea just for media attention, but his heart was still broken.

Every time he heard her name, his eyes would glaze with tears.

I may seem like a rotten bastard, but only God knows how much pain I’ve had to see my family endure because of her and her family, this is only karma.

Soon enough, all of us brothers will fill the empty space in Jin hyung’s heart and Bangtan will rise.

He’s such a handsome hyung; he’ll find hundreds of girl’s who can give him unconditional love.

And that Song Jasmine, that scorpion who’s poisoning my brother’s minds against each other will soon get similar treatment.

In all honesty, I don’t care too much for revenge on Jasmine because she’s not actually done anything wrong to me, but Sooyoung wanted revenge so I just helped her out a little.

I was shocked when Sooyoung said that she thinks Jasmine is pregnant, I didn’t feel comfortable in spreading such a vile rumour, especially when I knew how much Taehyung would be affected. 

But then when I thought about it, I knew she must’ve gotten pregnant from that party at Namjoon’s, Taehyung was so happy the next day, he couldn’t keep his satisfaction hidden.

I still didn’t want to spread the rumour, so I made Sooyoung promise me that she’ll only taunt Jasmine and that no one else would find out.

My brother and I both excel in drawing and so Sooyoung had asked me to draw a cartoon of a pregnant girl trying to kill the unborn child.

I was hesitant at first, but then got into it and was quite proud of my skills.

I had just left detention for not completing the English work that was set in my absence, how unfair is that?

I swear the English department hold a deep grudge against me.

I stopped when I saw a poster pinned on the notice board.

Surrounded by prom posters, was my drawing.

‘Stop Song Jasmine the baby killer!’

Oh no.

She didn’t.

Sooyoung didn’t pin this up here!

I tore the poster down in anger, why would she put this here?!

She swore that she wouldn’t spread the rumour like this, urgh, why did she lie to me?

Doesn’t she know how much I love her and would do anything for her without question?

Why couldn’t she have just listened to me this time?

I told her to only put the posters up on Jasmine and Krystal’s lockers, I told her to do that every day and slowly her revenge will fall into place, but she didn’t listen!

I do so much for her, I get into trouble for her, my reputation is on the line for her and she can’t listen to me once, just once?!

I just hope Taehyung hasn’t seen-

 “Jeon Jungkook!”

I was walking down the corridor when I heard V hyung’s deep voice bellow my name.

Butterflies formed in my belly as I stuffed the poster in the inside pocket of my blazer.

I turned around, “Hyung, let’s get on the first train to avoid any groupies.”

I didn’t realise how terrifyingly angry he was until he approached me slowly, with clenched fists.

, he’s obviously seen the posters.

I didn’t want Taehyung to find out; I knew how much it would break his already broken soul.

I stared at him and saw his orange hair was even wilder and untamed, spiking out to the sides.

His eyes, ya his eyes were a deep, deadly fire that would burn me if I dared look in them.

His lips and nose were swollen and bright pink, as though he’d been crying, but he’d never show anyone so it was probably hay fever mixed with his emotions.

My eyes dropped to his knuckles which were dripping a blood trail down the corridor, they were badly cut.

My heart sunk seeing Taehyung like this, you Sooyoung!

Why did you spread it so much?!

“Hyung... what’s wrong?” I asked quietly, already knowing the answer.

I wasn’t scared of what Taehyung would do to me - he’d never hurt me - I was scared of what he might do to someone else, I was even scared for Song Jasmine.

He closed his eyes impatiently and took a deep breath.

“Don’t...just...don’t ing pretend like you don’t know! Everyone’s seen these ing posters! Who did this? Don’t lie to me Jungkook, don’t lie! I know you know who did this! I know it was that Sooyoung!”

My eyes widened as Taehyung was burning me with his gaze, he was fuming.

“Hyung, I – I don’t know who did this...” I lied through my teeth.

Even if I said Sooyoung’s name by mistake, I knew V hyung would kill her.

He’s never laid a finger on a girl like that, but he has blood in his eyes right now.

He pinned me up by the collar.

The back of my head hit the back wall as I blinked in shock.

“Jungkookah where is Sooyoung?! We both know she did this! She’s been spreading these pregnancy rumours!”

I held onto his hands warmly as he stared at me once more with extreme anger before he sighed and dropped his arms.

“ it. Go to Seoul and tell PD nim I can’t come this weekend. Tell him I’m sick, tell him anything...”

He instantly became calmer as there was a deathly silence.

I watched him carefully and knew he was thinking deeply about what to do.

“W-what are you gonna do?” I stammered.

He looked at me and moved his hand over my face as I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact, but it never came.

“Go to Seoul,” he murmured, my hair softly and staring into my eyes.

His heart was asking for help, for someone to take his hand and save him.

I know Taehyung is the most loving person on this planet, he’s so funny and weird, I love him so much.

But I also know that he lives for Jasmine, he loves her with his whole existence and he’s not good at expressing his emotions, so everyone assumes he has anger problems when he’s upset.

My heart was sinking deeper, he was sending me off so he could do something here, I’d never seen him so angry like this.

He was planning to do something big and I knew only Jimin hyung could talk sense into him.

I need to find Jimin before Taehyung does something very stupid.

“GO!”

His deep, loud voice broke my thoughts as he punched the wall behind me, his already bloody knuckles becoming even bloodier and more wounded.

I gulped and before I knew it, I was hugging him tightly.

He fell limp before hugging me back momentarily before pushing me away as a tear rolled down his cheek.

He nudged me forward as my walk slowly turned into a run.

Jimin hyung, where are you?

I flung open the door to the back stairs and ran all the way down, approaching the sports hall.

Maybe Yoongi hyung was there, he would call Jimin hyung who always picks up his calls on the first ring.

I kicked open the back door as the warm, afternoon breeze hit my face.

I squinted and saw Namjoon hyung pacing up and down, shaking his head and talking to someone on the phone.

“Namjoon hyung!” I shouted as younger girls who were heading home in packs turned around and started giggling.

I creased my eyebrows; they made me feel so awkward, always pointing, whispering and giggling whenever I was next to them.

Namjoon hyung obviously didn’t hear me, so I ran up to him.

“Namjoon hyung, I-”

He cut me off by covering my lips lightly with one finger as I stood there waiting for him to finish his call.

He was speaking in English, so I didn’t get most of what he was saying as I tried to ignore the girls who were now taking pictures of me.

He finally cut the call and sighed deeply, before closing his eyes and turning to me.

He looked very stressed as lines appeared on his forehead.

“What is it now?” He asked lethargically.

I shook my head despairingly, “It’s V hyung. I think he’s gonna do something stupid, you need to stop him, he won’t listen to me!”

Namjoon clicked his tongue and wiped his forehead as he looked behind me and waved.

I turned and saw the same girls were still hovering there, trying to get our attention as I clenched my jaw.

“We’d love to talk to you beautiful girls, but please can we get some privacy?” Namjoon asked sweetly.

His patience never ceases to amaze me, and it worked as the girls blushed and quickly scuttled past us, smiling.

I love having fans, but my personality is such that I don’t like it if anyone I don’t know personally gets too close to me. 

Namjoon turned back to me, “Where is he?”

“I left him on the first floor. He told me to go to Seoul without him, he’s not coming this weekend,” I replied as Namjoon gritted his teeth.

“Do you know where Jimin is?” He asked with that same sense of patience as I shook my head.

“Okay. You go to Seoul. Hobie, Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung are already there. I’ll come with Jimin and Taehyung. If I don’t come, Yoongi is in charge of everything, arasso?”

I blinked twice, nodding my head as Namjoon patted me on the back.

He turned and went back in the building as I started walking out.

Just then, I spotted Sooyoung and Chanyeol sitting on the school’s railings.

My blood started boiling, what was she doing with him?

As I approached them, Chanyeol saw me first and sat up, smirking as I clenched my fists with rage.

“Jungkookie!”

Sooyoung turned around and put on a shrill, high pitched voice which pissed me off and pierced my ears.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the side, some metres away from Chanyeol who slowly walked past us.

He was purposefully trying to prolong his presence to get me even more pissed.

“Ouch, get off me!” Sooyoung yanked her wrist out of mine momentarily before I snatched it again, holding it tighter.

“Shut the up,” I closed her lips with my finger and thumb as she stared at me with shock.

I let go of her wrist.

“I thought I told you only put the posters up on Jasmine’s locker? Why did you put them up everywhere?! Are you dumb?”

I started taking my anger out on her as she covered her ears due to my loud voice.

She pushed me away, “Firstly, don’t you dare raise your voice at me. And secondly, I can do what I want. You knew I was bent on taking complete revenge, you knew what you were getting yourself into when you agreed to help me out!”

My eyes widened, was she serious right now?

“And you promised that Taehyung wouldn’t find out about Jasmine being pregnant!” I bellowed as she stepped back.

“I said that I’ll try to hide it from him. Ya of course he was going to find out sooner or later!”

“Not like this! Not through some ing posters! He’s my brother, you should’ve paid more attention to his feelings!”

There was a silence until she laughed patronisingly.

“He’s your brother. But he’s my ex. Tough luck, it’s not me who has to live with two broken hearts,” she hissed.

I swallowed and pushed her hard into the brick wall.

“What the does that mean?!”

Her eyes were blazing, but she kept some distance between us.

“You broke Seokjin’s heart for your selfish gains and now you broke Taehyung’s heart, again for your selfish gains which happens to be me. You should use your brain next time.”

She stared at me with determination and flung her long hair over her shoulder, leaving me speechless.

I bit down on my lip hard as I was trying not to let the tears fall.

This .

“Argh, you-”

I was about to pull her back when someone dragged me away with force.

“What the-”

I turned around and was inches away from a warm face.

“Jungkookah, control yourself, she’s just a girl,” Jimin hyung said softly as he ruffled my hair and stood in front of me, blocking my view of Sooyoung.

“No, don’t try to explain to him what the difference is, he’ll never know. After all, he’s only a kid,” Sooyoung retorted as I tried grabbing her again, only to be pushed back by a stumbling Jimin.

“Sooyoung, move! Go home!” He shouted at her as she smirked and walked off.

Jimin turned to me.

“What was that about?” He asked, with a worried expression.

I can never express my love for anyone which usually turns people off, but Jimin can read my heart like no one else.

 He has this unconditional love which makes me feel like I can act like myself around him.

“I guess she’s starting to really show me her true colours,” I replied sadly.

I knew she’d done bad things before, but I chose to overlook them as mistakes that humans naturally make.

She acts like she loves me so much.

I know she’s not good for me, but she’s got me crazy over her.

Jimin shook his head and sighed, before his phone rang as he checked the caller ID.

“Namjoon hyung, what’s up?”

I looked up and saw Jimin’s expression drop before he immediately ran back to the building, leaving me alone.

Was Jimin the only person who didn’t see the posters?

Well, Namjoon hyung would tell him everything now.

Jimin hyung will find out that the love of his life is pregnant with his best friend’s baby.

you Jasmine, now I know Jimin will spend another lonely night weeping over his destiny.

Seoyeon, Jasmine, Sooyoung, why were girls such manipulating, indecisive snakes?

I was making my way out of school, when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and I checked the caller ID.

It was an unknown number.

Our contract with Big Hit wasn’t airtight, but one of the rules was to only pick up numbers that we knew or was in our contact list.

I decided to pick it up anyway and waited for them to speak first.

“Jungkookie? Are you there?”

I nearly dropped my phone with shock as my heart was jumping along with my breathing.

“Y-y-yeoboseyo?” I croaked, my voice was a childlike whimper.

All these years...

“Jungkookie, is that you?”

I nodded and closed my eyes, savouring my brother’s long awaited husky voice.

“Yes, it’s me. It’s your little brother Jungkook...”

My heart was overjoyed, I hadn’t heard from Junghyun hyung in years.

When he went to prison, Appa made us all swear never to even utter his name in our house and so I never found out how long his sentence was for.

As time went by, I got used to the idea that my brother would never come back.

But now, I was actually speaking to him over the phone!

He chuckled.

How I missed that laugh, it drove all the girls insane, it held so many happy memories for me.

“Jungkookah, when did your voice break like this?” He teased as I let out a teary laugh.

“Hyung...I missed you so much...” My voice trailed off.

“I know Jungkookie, I know. Mianhae...ya I missed my little brother too,” he replied quietly.

I swallowed all my tears.

“Please come back, I need you hyung.”

He sniffed, “I got released last year, but had to do military service. I’m coming back, Jungkook. I’m coming back to Daegu.”

I laughed in disbelief, “Jinja? You’re actually going to come back?”

He laughed a tough, manly laugh.

“Bangtan Sonyeondan? That’s a heck of a name! My little brother is looking very handsome these days!”

I looked around rapidly, “Are you here, can you see me? Ya, I can’t see you!”

“Aniyo, I’m looking at a billboard. You are becoming famous and much more handsome than me!”

I laughed and leaned against the bus stop outside school.

“When are you coming?”

There was a pause.

His voice instantly became cold and scary, “I’ll be there Sunday morning. I have some unfinished business to take care of.”

I gulped and didn’t ask any more questions as we spoke a bit more before he hung up.

Unfinished business...

Hyung, I’ve already taken your revenge for you.

Don’t do something stupid, jehbal.

I sighed and kicked a pebble.

Everyone calls me the youngest, but why am I always the one trying to control situations?

Why are the elders acting so foolishly?

I guess this is what growing up is all about.

I checked my watch, it was 4.30 pm, I might as well stay here in Daegu tonight.

If our leader isn’t in Seoul, why would I get in trouble for my absence?

Every Thursday we have a weekly evaluation and I would miss it today, but I won’t get into as much trouble as Namjoon hyung, so I’m alright.

Besides, I’ll go after my exam tomorrow to make up for the missed evaluation.

I turned my ringing phone off and trudged back home, putting my headphones in.

I heard a loud scream nearby which made me turn around with shock, but I shook my head and carried on walking home, turning my music up louder.

Girls would do anything for attention.

At least I’ll find peace in my Mum’s lap tonight; I just know there’ll be so much drama tomorrow.

**********************************

JASMINE’S POV

I opened my eyes to the sound of chirping birds and the sun rising from its peaceful nap. 

They were in beautiful harmony and synchronisation, they were peacefully singing.

I lay in bed for twenty minutes, processing everything that happened yesterday.

These days feel more like dreams and my nights here in Seoul feel like a beautiful reality.

The busy streets, the bright night lights and flashing cameras from outside the company studios next door felt magical and every night when I fall asleep, I secretly never want the morning to come.

I stretched to grab my ringing phone from under my pillow.

It was Appa.

“Song Jasmine,” he immediately said in a stern voice.

His tone sounded annoyed as I swallowed morning saliva and cleared my throat.

“Good morning Appa,” I replied sweetly.

“Don’t good morning me. Have you seen the news? Everyone here is fuming, why the hell were you with Seoyeon at an abortion clinic?!” He yelled as I pulled my ear away, putting the call on speaker phone instead.

My hand instantly reached for my belly.

Last night I dreamt a beautiful dream that I was holding a rare pearl necklace whilst eating exotic fruits from across the world.

I laughed, was this my conception dream?

If it was, it sure came very late, after I conceived!

“What’s so funny?” Appa bellowed down the phone as I sprung back into reality.

“Huh? Aniyo, I just woke up, I wasn’t laughing,” I lied as I bit down on my lip.

There was a pause before he spoke again, “I won’t be able to save you from the interrogation everyone has in line for you when you come back home. Why are you up so early?”

Interrogation? For what?

Speaking with Eonni, saving her from the ruthless media?

Does their image matter more than their daughter’s happiness and wellbeing?

Anger instantly built up in me.

“Why do you care anyway? You and Mum have always thrown me around like a basketball into each other’s courts. Mum’s gone to Jeju Island with Ruiji and you’re here threatening me. Thank you so much.”

“Watch your tone Song Jasmine.”

Is that all he had to say?

“Joesonghamnida,” I apologised coldly before I hung up and turned my phone on silent.

My anger was replaced with worry.

Now that I’ve made the decision to keep my baby, how will I hide it?

What will I tell everyone?

I can’t hide this forever; they’ll soon see the signs...

I closed my eyes and tried to relax before more thoughts whizzed to mind.

Oh , of course they’ll find out!

That ing rumour, that poster that was put up everywhere!

I rubbed my temples, I need to think of something really quick before everything gets too much for me to handle.

But for now, I need to concentrate on getting ready and going to school.

Just as I finished tying a ribbon in my hair, the apartment doorbell rung.

It was ringing constantly as I ran to answer it, my school socks skidding on the shiny marble floor.

“Ya I’m coming! Stop ringing!”

I darted across the hallway and peered through the peep hole to see a gorgeous Krystal, already dressed in her school uniform waiting to be let in.

I opened the door as she pushed me in quickly and slammed the door behind her.

We stared at each other and I knew she was about to deliver me even worse news.

I sighed and looked in the lobby mirror, finishing tying my hair.

“Don’t tell me someone’s dead.”

She pinched me so I turned to her as she stuffed her phone screen in my face.

“What the heck Krystal that hurt!” I rubbed my arm in protest.

“Read it,” she replied as she walked off and threw herself on the couch.

‘Breaking news! SM Enter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter