Can you trust me?

A Foreigner in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JASMINE’S POV 

“Just tell me what you want from me and I’ll give you everything...”

“I need you now more than ever...It hurts so much...”

“Please hold me once again, please trust me, hold your Taehyung...”

“Mum! Eomma!”

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked twice at the bright rays of morning sunshine that were beaming in through my window doors.

My mind was instantly taken back to when Eonni used to wake me up for school with that cheeky grin of hers as tears temporarily clouded my morning vision.

I shivered and brushed my hair back as Taewon was sitting on the edge of my bed with a worried expression stretched out on his face.

Aish, why are his eyes exactly like Taehyung’s? My son is an iron copy of his father.

I managed a smile and slowly sat up, rolling the soft duvet back so Taewon could slide in next to me as he grinned and raced over, his overgrown 14 year old self cuddling close to me.

“You don’t usually sleep until this late, I got worried. Especially as you were talking in your sleep!” Taewon rested his head on my shoulder as I started drawing circles in his fluffy hair.

I looked out of my window doors at the birds drinking from the fountain and smiled, it feels so good to be back in my room.

Taewon and Taehee have moved into the small guestrooms that they had fun decorating, with Appa and Uncle Hwijae.

It has been a week since my encounter with Taehyung and I haven’t heard from Jimin since he dropped Taehee off after her little excursion, she really should stop doing that.

She’s still sulking and moody with me because I shouted and grounded her, but she’s lucky I didn’t do more.

Everyone apart from Appa took her side, only he agreed with my course of action, probably because he’s had firsthand experience with me.

Taehyung...

His mere name still sends shivers down my spine and I can’t control the everlasting electric sparks which shoot through my mind and body anytime he’s next to me.

He’s got me so wrapped up in his love spell that not even fourteen years has changed my feelings.

I want to stop loving him, I really do, but...I don’t know how.

I need to learn.

Jimin promised Halmeouni he’d come back the next day, but he broke his promise and it took us ages to calm Halmeouni down, she was devastated and had been waiting all day for Jimin to jump through the door and hug her.

He shouldn’t make promises he can’t keep.

What was I even expecting from him?

I should wake up and realise he’s no longer my ‘Jiminie’, he’s BTS’ Park Jimin and is Korea’s official ambassador for every single skincare advertisement.

Not one TV show has a break without Jimin’s voice or face stretched all over the screen, promoting a product in Korean and sometimes even in his English which has gotten way better than I remember.

Everyone thinks he’s genuinely so happy in the commercials, but I can see that he’s learnt how to fake his eye smile.

I sighed and pecked the top of Taewon’s silky head as I could feel him dozing off.

It was 10 am on a Friday and I’m usually awake at 6 or 7.

I was still struggling to absorb it all, everything had happened so quickly and on top of it, Taehyung had three VIP backstage concert tickets delivered two days ago with a massive hamper of luxury snacks for the twins and a fresh bouquet of red and white roses for me.

Neither me nor the delivery boy could carry the roses in our arms, there were so many of them!

Honestly speaking it did make my heart flutter, but when the twins ran to the front room to see what had come through the door, they were too intrigued for my liking.

Appa instantly knew it was Taehyung; he’s always been doing things like this ever since we were teenagers.

The last thing I want is Taehyung scooping my babies off into his world, I really don’t want them under media scrutiny and the public eye, life is already so hard.

But the good news is that from now on, I can work from home!

Unless there are important meetings I have to interpret, then I obviously have to dash off to Seoul.

But it means that I can spend way more time with Appa, my family and my children! I can relax and catch-up with my friends whenever I want, and I can now take care of Halmeouni properly.

Halapoji was thrilled; it means that he can concentrate on some public welfare activities, whilst Halmeouni would be enjoying her days in my company.

Aunt Jeong and Uncle Hwijae went back to their house, but they let Seoeon and Seojun stay until the summer is over which means that Taewon and Taehee are always preoccupied with them.

Which means Taehee can’t make any fancy excursions anymore; she has three brothers watching over her.

Taewon slurred as he yawned, “I couldn’t sleep properly last night.”

 “Why not? What’s wrong? Do you like it here?” I immediately attacked him with questions as he chuckled.

“Ya Eommaaa, I love it here! I don’t know, I feel like you’re under some sort of stress. You know you can tell me anything, right?” He asked lovingly as I squeezed him tight.

“Aigo, your Eomma is perfectly fine! In fact, I’ve never had such good nights worth of sleep in a long time! Ya you’re such a rice cake, I could eat you!” I laughed as I started tickling Taewon who was laughing, but no sound came out.

After a while of messing around, we got out of bed and I told Taewon to freshen up and tell Taehee to stop sulking as I started making breakfast.

Halmeouni soon got up and joined me as we started talking and laughing, before she had to sit down because her legs gave way.

“Halmeouni, I told you to stay in bed. Mornings are always so frosty, especially with the mountains always blowing wind our way,” I said as I sat her down on the front room sofa with her feet up.

She grabbed my hand before I could go back to check on the omelettes.

“Anja.”

I did as I was told and sat down as Halmeouni gazed at me with evergreen love.

“It’s time,” she said softly as I stared at her with a confused expression, before I finally realised what she was trying to get at.

I averted my eyes and fiddled with my thumbs, “W-what do you mean Halmeouni?”

She coughed and smiled weakly, “You know what I mean. You’ve deprived him for fourteen years, he deserves to meet them. What if something had happened to him and you never gave him a chance to meet his blessings?”

Tears filled my eyes as I could hear Seojun and Taehee egging on Taewon and Seoeon’s wrestling match from down the hallway.

I heard my twin uncles join in as everyone was screaming with delight and joy.

I turned to look at Halmeouni who was my hand, “But, I – I don’t think I’m ready.”

“When’s their concert?” She asked as I sighed, I couldn’t argue with Halmeouni and I definitely couldn’t deny or go against what she was asking.

“On Sunday,” I whispered as I could hear all four twins laughing their heads off.

“They should be proud of their father, of who he is. It’s not going to be easy, but if you don’t do it on Sunday, you’ll never be able to do it. It’s my wish, I want this to happen. I want them to have a proper Father.”

A tear rolled down my cheek as Halmeouni wiped it away before I could.

No one’s ever gone against Halmeouni’s wishes and I wouldn’t be the first one to, but why so soon?

Why in a concert?

Seoul Olympic stadium, all 70,000 tickets sold out.

I even heard on the news that some girls were facing legal action for overpricing tickets at thousands of dollars.

Why did Taehyung have to invite us backstage?

All of Bangtan Sonyeondan will be there.

Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi, Jin, Jungkook...Jimin and Taehyung.

As though Halmeouni was reading my mind, she beckoned me in for a warm hug.

“It’ll all work out for the best sonnyeo. It’s time you finally faced your fears.”

**********

“Yeoboseyo? Ya turn it off for a sec!”

I could hear the pounding of music behind him, the sound of microphone checks and I could hear Hoseok pretending to be fans in the background as I gulped.

“Ah Tae, um...it’s me,” I said quietly, but Taehyung heard as he instantly ran to the side where there wasn’t so much noise.

“Minnie! Ya! So this is your new number! I finally have it!” He exclaimed with childish delight as I shuffled on my feet nervously.

Noticing I was hesitating to speak, Taehyung spoke first.

“How did you like the roses? Did Taehee and Taewon enjoy the hamper? I don’t know what they like, but I made sure to add half of my favourite snacks and half of yours. You’re coming to see us today, right?”

Taehyung’s soul may be covered in year’s worth of darkness and misunderstood feelings, but he was still as soft and gentle hearted as ever.

I smiled and nodded, “Ye they loved it. Taewon likes the same snacks as you and Taehee likes the same snacks as me.”

There was another pause before Taehyung spoke.

“What’s wrong? Minnie, tell me what’s wrong,” Taehyung gently asked as I sniffed.

My emotions were so ed up, I’m such a mess.

Once upon a time, I never used to let tears fall and now if I don’t shed a tear a day, my day just isn’t complete.

“Halmeouni wants you to meet the kids tonight. It’s her wish and I can’t say no. What should I do?” I whimpered as Taehyung drew a short breath of air in shock.

“Ai jinja? Daebak! That’s great! I mean...of course you can’t say no! Leave it to me, I’ll speak to Taewon and Taehee, you don’t worry about what to say. Just mentally prepare them,” Taehyung assured me with blatant excitement in his voice.

Just as we were starting to open up about our life in general, I heard a loud commotion from outside.

“What’s going on?” Taehyung asked with concern.

“I don’t know. Listen, I’ll call you back later.”

I quickly hung up and shut the bamboo door behind me as I dashed outside after hearing Taehee’s scream.

Our front gates were already open as I started shouting her name out before I stopped short from a full blown fight happening right outside our home.

Taehee was screaming at both of the boys to stop whilst she was clutching onto her heart.

“Taehee, go inside right now,” I tried to speak calmly to her as I know she has a weak heart so any sudden shouting could give her a panic attack.

She was breathing rapidly and squeezed my hand before running inside the house, as I turned to Taewon who was now on top of the other boy, before it was his turn to be pinned to the ground.

 “YA!” I dragged Taewon back by his shirt as he was breathing heavily with rage.

His clothes were muddy and he had cuts all over his arms and face.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!” I yelled at Taewon and the other boy.

Omo, it was that same black haired boy called Manse from the park.

He gritted his teeth at me as his eyes narrowed, “Tell him to mind his own business.”

I was taken aback; this boy was filled with anger and spoke very dangerously.

I instinctively pushed Taewon behind me who was trying to protest.

“Where do you live?” I asked the boy in a softer tone, he had angry tears in his eyes and it wasn’t a normal sign.

“What’s it to you? Just tell your baby brother never to cross my path again or else...”

My brother?

Although the situation was serious, I mentally chuckled at the twisted compliment of my youth.

Just before I could interrogate him more, he stormed off and I immediately turned to Taewon with frustration.

“Get inside, NOW. What’s gotten into you Taewonah? Why are you picking fights with older boys! This is Daegu, not LA. The boys here are much more dangerous!”

I started examining his cuts, they weren’t too serious but I hate seeing my children get hurt.

Taewon glared at me before he shrugged his arm from my grasp, “He... he keeps on talking to Taehee! If I don’t protect her, who will?!”

I turned to Taewon in shock, “Taewon, stop this childish nonsense right now. I’ve explained this to you before, don’t you dare take matters in your own hands, do you hear me?”

Taewon glowered at me for a couple of seconds as I raised my eyebrows, before he sighed and stomped off into the house, calling after Taehee.

I pressed my temples and closed my eyes, they were both becoming more rebellious by the day and no one apart from Appa was helping me to correct their behaviour.

What’s worse is that I told them we were going to BTS’ concert tonight and so they’ll both think that I’ve gone easy by still letting them go after the fight they just had.

Urgh, I wish Halmeouni didn’t want them to meet Taehyung tonight, it’s way too soon!

I went to my study and typed up a few emails and completed important work before I gave Halmeouni her medicine and lunch.

I sighed and crept to each of the twins’ room.

Seoeon and Seojun were out with some school friends to celebrate the beginning of summer, and so Taewon and Taehee were really bored alone, especially since they haven’t made any other friends yet.

I checked on Taewon and saw he was sitting on his window ledge and gazing into the summer sky whilst sketching the landscape, he always does this to vent out his anger, so I quietly shut the door to let him carry on.

When I checked on Taehee, she was picking out clothes for tonight as I stood at the door watching her, she’s my precious little girl and is growing up so beautifully even though she was born weaker.

She saw me looking and quickly rushed over with her favourite dress top, “Is this okay for today? Ya Eomma you’re the best! EVERYONE is going crazy on twitter! They’re all begging me to take so many fancams, videos and selcas!”

She threw her top on the bed and engulfed me with a constricting hug as I laughed and pulled away, before putting on a serious face.

“Now that you’re in Korea, you must experience a kpop concert before school starts. Taehee, what did that Manse boy want?”

Taehee stared at me with her wide cat-eyes, “Mum stop always believing Taewon. Manse ssi was just being friendly and wanted to show me around the area, that’s all. Trust in me for once.”

I analysed her expression and nodded, “I don’t want you meeting him without my permission. For now, take your brother to the dining table for lunch. You know how much he cares and loves you; ya don’t roll your eyes. Make him happy about going to the concert, he feels embarrassed.”

She jumped up and hugged me again before talking excitedly to herself and squealing down the hallway where I soon heard her and Taewon shouting at each other before they burst out laughing.

They fight so much, but make up even quicker and that’s how I want it to stay.

I could only get ready after Appa, my twin uncles and Halapoji came back home so that they could look after Halmeouni.  

I’ve been trying to contact Krystal but she’s so busy, she only ever replies with ‘Sorry can’t talk’ or ‘Please understand.’

I guess I’d have to consult myself.

I sighed and slid open my wardrobe doors, now I don’t know what to wear.

I bit down on my lip and tutted, why am I even so bothered? Ya, anything will do.

I pulled on some ripped jeans and an old oversized grey tee, before I let my waves down behind my back.

Should I tie it up or leave it be?

I don’t want Taehyung thinking I put in effort so just brushed my silky waves down and let them set naturally, before I applied eyeliner, concealer and pink lip tint.

I looked at myself, ya, it looks like I made effort!

I laughed at my conflicting thoughts before shrugging my shoulders and grabbing my small side bag which had the tickets, my phone, wallet and car keys in them.

I slid on some platform shoes and looked at myself in the full length porch mirror, over the years I’d become much skinnier whilst being too busy with the kids.

“Taewon, Taehee get in the car, ppalli!” I shouted out from the hallway as Appa came out of the lounge, texting someone rapidly.

“What’s the noise for? Haven’t you left yet?” He asked plainly before he looked up from his phone at me.

I gave him a weary smile as he grinned, “You still look like my 17 year old rebel, you haven’t changed one bit, especially in those old clothes. Haha, they still fit!”

I gave him a genuine smile as I turned back and saw Taehee skipping towards us as Taewon had his hands in his pockets and strolled behind her.

Appa already gave me an assuring talk last night, and so we shared one long, last look of eye conversation as I hugged him.

“Pray that everything goes well,” I whispered in his ear as he pressed his cheek on the top of my head, I could hear a sniff before he finally pulled away.

“Just don’t let your emotions get the better of you, do what’s best for the twins,” Appa whispered back lovingly.

All these years have passed, yet I couldn’t help but wonder why it killed everyone to be this understanding about my pregnancy.

If they cared, I’d never have left Korea in the first place, but then BTS may not have been as big as they are today.

I guess things always have their hidden reasons.

“Gaja, we’ll be lateeeee!” Taehee tugged at my hand as Appa turned to scan her outfit with wide eyes.

“And why are you wearing such short pants?”

I face palmed myself before sighing, “Appa, leave it. She’ll have someone else to question her.”

Appa glared at Taehee who ran up to him and hugged him instead, as we were both shocked by her reaction.

Appa was still strikingly handsome with only one streak of silver running through his thick, straight hair.

“Nothing can get me down today! My Oppa’s await me!” She jumped up as her glossy, straightened hair bounced behind her.

“Ya, ya, ya. Calm down, they’re just a bunch of flower boys,” Taewon muttered as Appa punched his shoulder lightly.

“That’s my boy! Ya, you’ve definitely taken over me!”

Taewon and Appa got along really well as Taewon smirked before pretending to punch Appa back.

“Ye he!” Appa threatened him as he ran off laughing, dragging my hand with him.

“Tell me how it goes!” Appa shouted from behind as I sat the twins in the back of the car, Taehee winning her way to the passenger seat.

It was now 3.30 pm and the concert starts at 7 pm.

It was pretty easy getting out of Daegu city and onto the Seoul freeway, but my mouth dropped open at the amount of traffic filling all the roads.

Even the back roads to Seoul were way more jammed than usual, as thousands of ARMYs were commuting to Seoul Olympic Stadium for BTS’ comeback concert.

Luckily we left hours earlier, or we would’ve missed it.

Would that really be such a bad thing? It saves you from another nightmare...

After shouting at a wild young driver, we finally got to the stadium and WOW.

I’d never seen such a long, winding queue in my life, with fan signs and life-size 3D frames of BTS bouncing everywhere. 

I bet heaven doesn’t even have such a long queue.

I checked the time, it was now 6 pm and I could hear the twins about the queues and amount of people.

“I’m going to be the only boy, Eomma! Ya, this is awkward!”

“Taewonah, you’re such a pabo! BTS have so many fan boys, look around you!”

“Yeah, but do I look like a fan boy? Aish, like my life isn’t already filled with girly stuff!”

“Ya! Both of you be quiet and help me find parking! Aish, where to park?!” I said aloud with frustration as the twins tried to look out of their windows for a parking space.

After ages of patrolling, we finally found a small parking space which was only inches away from the side cars, so both the twins had to their bellies in and slide out of their doors to avoid any damage being done.

“Are you seriously considering waiting in this queue?” Taewon asked the both of us comically as I didn’t know what to do.

“Come on, they’re letting people in now,” I urged them as Taehee ran off to join the end of the queue whilst Taewon was stropping next to me.

We were waiting for about ten minutes, and the sky was changing its colour before a member of staff was walking down the lines with a security guard behind him.

“Chogiyo! Excuse me, but we have these tickets, does it make a difference?” I asked politely as he inspected them for a minute before looking from me to the twins very closely and with narrowed eyes.

He nodded once and beckoned us to quickly walk behind him as I didn’t dare look at the girls in line; they might poke my eyes out with those light bulb sticks in their hands.

He took us straight inside the stadium and I was immediately mesmerised.

My mouth refused to close as the roof was drawn which would’ve made this massive hall pitch black, except those white lights every girl was holding lit the hall like night stars.

The stage lights kept on changing colour; they were getting prepared for BTS to come on as the staff member showed me, Taewon and Taehee three seats right in the front.

“Aigoooooo, Eom...eomma!!! How did you manage to get these seats?! I think I’m going to cry...” I heard Taehee’s voice wobble as Taewon sighed loudly.

The stadium was buzzing with deafening conversation and excited yelps before all the lights suddenly turned off with an echoing boom.

“Omo!” I got startled as screams pierced my eardrum.

I covered both my ears with my palms and looked around, we were only a few inches away from the stage whilst the night stars were scattered everywhere, bouncing up and down.

One by one, seven silhouettes were walking to the stage as my hearing became a mere beeping noise.

I would turn deaf at this rate; the screams were all so high pitched!

I turned to Taehee and Taewon but couldn’t see their reactions, only Taehee’s screams of delight before I looked back to the stage.

Some music boomed through the speakers as the silhouettes were unveiled to the audience, BTS were walking on the stage one by one.

Only one light was shining, as Seokjin walked to the microphone stand and closed his eyes, feeling the slow music which was pouring out everywhere.

I gazed at him, in shock at his beautiful voice and wondering if it was physically possible for someone to consistently stay so handsome.

After half a minute, the light turned to Namjoon who was sitting down before he looked up and started spitting English rap.

Jungkook’s light and I had to look twice, my heart pounding as I thought it was Junghyun on stage.

Junghyun...Eonni...

I know they are both in a happier place together and that thought helps me stay happy.

Just then, Suga started spitting fire as I grinned and hooted once, I couldn’t help but smile at his inspiring stage presence.

ARMY’s were going crazy, I could hear lungs being sacrificed and I knew no one would be able to speak tomorrow.

Hoseok spun around and did a fancy trick with his microphone before clutching onto his hair dramatically; this was a very heartbreaking song they were singing.

Taehyung’s deep voice thundered everywhere as he was pouring his heart out into the words of the song as I could feel his passion, I could feel the warmth and soul in his delivery.

I quickly remembered when I first heard this soulful voice; my heart has never stopped doing somersaults since.

Just as he finished his last word, his wide, seductive eyes managed to find and pierce mine as I instantly looked down, blushing like crazy.

I couldn’t collect my emotions and to top it all off, I heard a high note being stretched out as Jimin was the most dramatic of all.

He had an angelic voice which was so radiant and full of life, but his stage presence even in a slow song like this was... it was very y if I must say.

“Jimin opppppaaaaaaaaaa!” I heard Taehee scream loudly as I laughed.

The rest of their concert just got even better (if that was possible) as they were driving the crowd wild, turning their microphones facing the audience as everyone behind me was chanting the songs in perfect harmony.

It was nothing less than beautiful.

The energy, the passion, the atmosphere was extremely overwhelming as I had to shut my eyes to stop tears of happiness from dropping.

“You’ll always stay my biggest fan, right?”

“Of course I will Jimin!”

“Ya I have to show you something, hurry up! You’ll love it!”

“Taetae, your legs are too long! Why are you taking me to this old shed again?”

“You’re our official mascot, get the crowd going. This is our first performance!”

“How – did – you – find – our – performance? Will we win the talent show?”

 “Bangtan Sonyeondan is a stupid name.”

“No it’s not Jungkook. I think it’s brilliant.”

“These performances are nothing. One day, we’ll have bigger stages and millions of fans. The world will remember our names.”

I opened my eyes again and realised I was too lost in my memories to hear their short thank you speeches at the end.

I rapidly dabbed my face with my fingertips.

“Thank you ARMY! Saranghayo ARMY! Don’t miss us too much!”

“Haha, gomawo army! Saranghamnida! Annyeong!”

“Thank you, thank you!”

They galloped off stage happily as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter