That once-so-familiar road

Goodbye, forever.

HyunA quickly walked to the lift and pushed the buttons a few times. Just my luck… but what is unnie doing here at… She looked at her phone, 1:30AM. HyunA rubbed her temples. Her tiredness is starting to go away. Thanks to you guys, now my sleep is gone. She let out a sigh before walking into the lift.

 

HyunA walked out of the company building and looked up at the sky. The sky is pretty today, I see a few stars. She smiled before looking around. How should I get home today? She just walked around aimlessly and by the time she knew actually paid attention to her surroundings, she found herself on the once-so-familiar road – that road she would walk with Junhyung when they’re getting back to their dorms after their dates, that road where they had so much fun, that road where they first held hands, that road where they first kissed, that road… that road they first decided to be a couple.

 

-Flashback-

They were having fun while walking back to their dorms. They decided that walking back seemed to be more fun and since it’s already this late, it won’t kill them to get back to their dorms later. Their bright laughter echoed through the quiet street causing the few passers-by to stare at them weirdly, but that didn’t stop them from laughing and fooling around.

 

“Oppa…” HyunA said seriously, shocking Junhyung. “Why? Is there something wrong HyunA? You’re scaring me.” Junhyung said worriedly, while his hands unknowingly grabbed her shoulders tight. “Ouch, you’re hurting me oppa!” HyunA whined while looking down at his gripping hands before continuing, “I… I…” “What is it? You’re scaring me HyunA, seriously.” “I…” “Just tell me already!” “I like you oppa!” HyunA finally shouted out after struggling with her words. She turned away shy and embarrassed as her eyes met Junhyung’s. She felt her cheeks heating up; she knew that she was turning red already. The atmosphere between them became awkward. I shouldn’t have told him anything. Kim HyunA, why are you so dumb!? She started blaming herself again before looking back at the awfully shocked Junhyung. “Oppa…?” Now he was the one scaring her.

 

Her eyes widen as she suddenly felt a pair of lips being planted on hers. Her eyes closed to savor the moment before Junhyung pulled away from the kiss, pulling her in for a tight hug. “I like, no wait, love you too HyunA.” He quietly whispered into her ears, causing her lips to break into a wide smile, returning a tighter hug back to him.

-Flashback-

 

She then looked up at the sky – it’s now filled with black dark clouds. Oh great, just great. She fished her bag for an umbrella, but couldn’t find any. And now, I don’t have an umbrella. This is just great. I suppose I’ll have to brave the rain and walk back home now. She looked around but there wasn’t a person in sight. She then looked up at the dark skies again; the moon was extremely bright today just like how it was the last time both he and she was here, walking back to the dorms after their date. She let out a sigh before continuing her walk back home.

 

Her heart keeps aching while her mind keeps asking why. How can this be…? What happened between us? Are they really together? Did he break up with me to be in a relationship with her? She was tired of asking herself why, but she just couldn’t help it. She keeps blaming herself; it’s my fault, that’s why we are like this. She felt her legs giving way; she tried holding on till she gets to the nearest bench but every step she makes, her body hurts, her head spins, and her chest all tight – she was unable to breath. Without a signal, she dropped unconscious on the floor. Unknowingly she dialed Junhyung’s number while dropping to the floor.

 

“Hello?” Junhyung’s voice came out from the speaker, “HyunA, is that you? Hello?” Did she faint? “HyunA!? Are you okay?!” His voice came out concerned and sincere.