The hard goodbye

Goodbye, forever.

“What are you talking about Junhyung?” HyunA asked; her voice all brittle and hoarse as her tears slowly welled up in her eyes. She was unable to believe what she had just heard, those words that came out from her boyfriend’s, no, who was he to her…? Is this really happening? She kept asking, time and time, over and over again in her head. She was is about to go insane. Breathe in, and out HyunA. This isn’t happening. No, it isn’t. She reassures herself.

 

“I’m serious HyunA. Let’s just break up. I mean it.” Junhyung said, as he looked at the teary-eyed girl. He felt guilty almost instantly as his eyes finally met hers as she had her head down the whole time he broke the news to her. I’m sorry, his head keeps screaming. His heart was aching, most probably, as much as hers. He wants to wipe away her tears once again like he has always done. He wants to hug her and reassures her that everything’s going to be alright like he has always done. But this time, it’s the end. This was how far they are going to have to go.

 

“Why oppa, why? There’s going to be a reason for this, a good one. I mean, this isn’t happening, is it? No, obviously it isn’t. You’re just playing a prank on me, aren’t you oppa? Haha, it isn’t funny alright…” HyunA said, trying to change Junhyung’s mind.

 

HyunA ah, I’m doing this for us… You shouldn’t be pulled down by me. I’m sorry that I’m hurting you this much, but… you will be better off without me. HyunA ah, be happy. I… will love you, till the day I die. Junhyung just shook his head. “HyunA, listen. This is happening. I’m sorry…” He stopped for a moment, looking down at the now sobbing brunette girl before continuing, “But, we just got to stop.” “Now…” Junhyung said as HyunA looks up to him. His eyes both apologetic, as they meet hers.

 

Why? That question keeps popping up in her head. HyunA looked deep into Junhyung’s eyes one last time, trying her best to find that reason for this… break up. Just one last time… She looked deep, hoping for something she calls a miracle but finds nothing. I… am speechless. HyunA look down at both their hands. At least he still has the couple ring on… She looks at him one last time before turning around to walk away, leaving Junhyung there all alone.

 

Sorry… Junhyung looks at the small fading figure in front. He wants to reach out to her and pull her back into his arms, telling her that he’s sorry for breaking up with her. But he knew, it was is impossible.