When you fall asleep

Goodbye, forever.

She might still be in Cube, I shall look around first. Junhyung thought to himself as he opened and looked into rooms after rooms. He then saw a few leaving employees which he ran up to, to ask them if they saw HyunA, to only get a shaking head as an answer. He ruffled his hair. Then again, maybe she isn’t in Cube anymore. Doojoon saw Junhyung looking troubled and walked up to him. “Hey, what’s up bro? Are you looking for something, or someone?” Junhyung looked back at his hyung. “Oh hyung, have you seen HyunA?” Doojoon looked at him confused for a few seconds before answering him, “Yeah… I saw her leaving the building around 15 minutes ago.” Junhyung nodded and shouted “Thanks hyung!” while running off.

 

Junhyung ran to the lift quickly and pressed the button a few times. While waiting, he suddenly remembered the road they would walk back together after their dates and practices. She might be there. He thought as he quickly rushed to the car park to get his car. As he drove his car out of the car park to get to that road, he noticed that it was raining. It is pouring kind of hard. I wonder if she’s okay. Junhyung thought as he quickly drove down to his destination.

 

He got down from his car upon reaching and looked around carefully while walking down the road with dim street lights on until he saw… he saw a body. HyunA? He ran closer for a better view just to make sure if it was her. That bracelet… He saw the bracelet she was wearing on her wrist, the one he got her for Chirstmas 2 years ago. “HyunA, are you okay!?” He asked her while picking her up from the floor. She was drenched. It must have been the rain, I should bring her back. Where to? The dorm, but…

 


 

Where am I…? HyunA woke up, her head was spinning. She looked around to get a better view of where she is. A car… did I get kidnapped? She looked at the figure beside her, Junhyung oppa... Oh, it’s his car. She glanced around a little more and found out that the car was situated at her dorm’s car park area. She was feeling cold as she rubbed her shoulders; she looked at the jacket wrapped around her tiny frame. Isn’t this oppa’s jacket? This was the jacket I got for him on his birthday. She glanced over at the sleeping Junhyung and before she knew it, her fingers were tracing around his features lightly, admiring his good-looking face. Yah, oppa, I missed you, I miss doing this to you. Can you believe it? Ha, it’s just ridiculous, isn’t it? So, tell me why… why… why did we… why did we break up…?

 

Her heart breaks as she thought about their past – their happy memorable past relationship – and her eyes turn watery as she continued to look at him, admire him. I still remember those times; especially the ones after you fall asleep, looking cute and lovable like a baby. She quickly withdrew her hand and looked away as he started to move around, she knew him too well, it was a sign that he might wake up any moment.

 

“Oh, HyunA, you’re awake?” Junhyung looked at the girl, weak and vulnerable, sitting next to him as he rubbed his eyes. HyunA just nodded without saying anything. A part of her wants to ask him why was she in his car yet another part of her was hurt to the extent that she couldn’t even bare to talk to and be in the same place as him. Just as he was about to talk, she suddenly spoke while turning to look at him, “Erm, if there is nothing else, than I shall make my way back to my dorm.” “HyunA…” He calls out and looks at her. Looking back straight into his eyes, HyunA was searching for something – what do he wants (to say). He wants to talk to her, explain to her but decided not to as it wasn’t the appropriate time yet. He shook his head and continued, “Nothing… Just… just take care of yourself alright?” “Thank you, op… oppa.” HyunA nodded and said before getting down the car.