The box

Goodbye, forever.

“Unnie, I’m back.” HyunA called out, trying her best to sound cheerful though she was feeling weak and sick inside. Jihyun came out of the room to see if she was alright. HyunA smiled at Jihyun while Jihyun said, “Well, I’m glad that you’re finally back. You look pale, you alright?” Jihyun walked over to her and touch her forehead, “Oh my, you’re burning HyunA!” “No, Unnie, you’re just being paranoid, I’m totally fine.” HyunA said while trying to brush Jihyun’s hand off her forehead. She was feeling just slightly very uncomfortable. Her legs were giving way again just like how it did before at the road.

 

“Are you sure?” Jihyun asked her again. “Yes, I’m…” before HyunA could even complete her sentence; she collapsed onto the ground in front of Jihyun. “Yah, HyunA, are you okay!? HyunA!?” Jihyun shouted causing the other members to rush out of the room to see what’s going on. “Girls, bring her to the room first while I call the manager oppa for help.” Jihyun told the girls as she took out her cell and dialed her manager’s number.

 


 

“She’ll be alright, it’s just a cold. But even though her fever has gone down, just make sure that she continues to perspire and put a cold towel on her forehead to absorb the heat from her body in case her fever comes back. I’ll prescribe some medicine for her; make sure she takes them on time.” The doctor told the girls while all of them nodded and thanked him in union. “Well, take care of her well since her body is especially weak.” The doctor reminded them again before leaving while Jihyun went after him to get the medicine. “Well girls, you should get some rest since we still have our individual activities tomorrow. I’ll take care of her.” Jihyun said upon coming back into the room but the other girls tried protesting. “Unnie, how can you do that by yourself? You’re going to collapse too, let’s take turns instead.” Gayoon suggested but Jihyun still stood firm on her decision, “It’s okay, I’ll be fine. So you guys, go to bed now. You have schedules tomorrow. Now, go.” She ordered them leaving the others speechless but they knew she meant well.

 


 

HyunA winced as she touched her head, it hurts. She looked around, it’s the dorm. “Oh, HyunA, you’re awake.” Jihyun said while coming into the room after getting a new basin of cold water while HyunA just sat up on her bed looking confused – she’s confused how she ended up here, and her headache wasn’t helping. “You fainted, again.” Jihyun broke the news to her seeing how confused she looked, at the same time stressing on the word again. “What happened?” Jihyun continued asking, concerned. It must have been the rain just now; I must have fainted on the road too. HyunA choose the easier way out – by shaking her head – a sign that she don’t know.

 

Jihyun let out a sign before continuing, “HyunA, please. Just take care of yourself. I know you’re stress with your solo comeback and Jun…” HyunA’s forehead creased into a tiny frown, Jihyun just carried on, “Junhyung.” HyunA just shook her head again, she wanted to argue back but she knew it wasn’t right. “I will go cook some porridge for you. Just take a short rest for the time being, I’ll wake you up when it’s done. And… take care of yourself, HyunA. I mean it.” Jihyun said quickly and exited the room to prepare the porridge and the prescribed medicines, leaving HyunA all alone in the room.

 

Well great, him again. HyunA tried getting up from the bed to get her phone, she was feeling weak – very weak – but she can’t be bothered about it for the time being. She wanted to know how she ended up in Junhyung’s car. She finally struggled to her bag after much difficulty. Something fell onto the floor as she pulled her phone out from her bag. Bending down to see what it was, she saw the box…