Forgetfulness

Goodbye, forever.

HyunA heard her heart beating hardly as she walked down the empty quiet corridor to the lift. Junhyung’s voice keeps replaying in her mind, “Oh Hara.” “Oh Hara.” “Oh Hara.” Make it stop. HyunA shut her eyes tightly. She was getting a pretty bad headache. She felt giddy as she slowly made her way into the lift, pushing some random floor buttons forgetting she was suppose to get to the dance studio. She clutched her temples, trying her best to ease the headache she was getting that was threatening to crack open her skull.

 

The lift door opened, and she walked out of the lift blankly – unsure where she is, unsure what to do now. She just looked around blankly, trying to figure out where she was while her mind was filled to the brim with Junhyung and whatever that has just happened. She blinked her eyes a few times before walking around randomly. She needs a quiet place – she just wants to sit down, think and then clear her mind.

 

She walked around aimlessly and gave up after getting lost at whatever she is. She walked back to the lift and was about to push the buttons of the lift when someone called her. “HyunA yah!” She stood still for a moment before turning around to find a happy excited Dongwoon in front of her. “HyunA!” She heard him called out again while he walked over to her. She just let out a smile. “Oh oppa, what are you doing here?” She asked.

 

Dongwoon walked to her side, pushed the lift’s buttons before continuing. “Oh, I was just heading for the dance studio. What are you doing here?” He asked, looking at their surrounding before looking back at her, looking slightly amused. What is she doing here? He asked himself. HyunA just looked back at him blankly. Oh, that’s right. I am supposed to head for the dance studio. “Oh, I was… I am heading to the dance studio too.” HyunA quickly said and plastered a smile on her face – an attempt to hide away her confusion and blank face.

 

“So how are you, HyunA?” Dongwoon asked her as they walked into the lift. “I’m…” How are you HyunA? Do you even have that answer for yourself? HyunA asked herself before continuing, “I’m fine.” She smiled at Dongwoon as he pressed the button for the floor of their dance studio. She saw his watch, “Nice watch Dongwoon. Did you receive as a present?” HyunA asked him, with a slight grin on her face – she was guessing it’s Sohyun who gave it to him. Dongwoon’s face reddens as he became flustered. “Heh…” He let out a awkward laugh as he looked at the younger girl in front of him.

 

HyunA just laughed at how flustered Dongwoon is even though she didn’t mention a single number or say a single thing, all she did was just asked. Her right hand unknowingly reached for her left wrist touching it. She feels empty, there’s suppose to be something here. She rubbed her left wrist again just to make sure she didn’t miss it. Is it missing? She looked down to her left wrist to find nothing on the empty space where her charm bracelet originally was – hugging her wrist.

 

She looked around the lift for it, just in case she dropped it in the lift.